Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2019, 10:10   #61

Re: Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)

Thanks for the amazing review. Packed with details! I took a test drive of the exact same variant and will get buying it shortly. I had almost made up my mind to buy the octavia; given that this is already BSVI, and the unending list of features, nudged me towards the Seltos.
araman2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 12:43   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by araman2 View Post
Thanks for the amazing review.

Quote:
Packed with details! I took a test drive of the exact same variant and will get buying it shortly. I had almost made up my mind to buy the octavia; given that this is already BSVI, and the unending list of features, nudged me towards the Seltos.
Good decision to not go for the current on sale Octavia as its at the fag end of its life cycle in India. Also if you can wait a few more months, the all new Octavia will be launched which will be fresh & feature loaded too just like the Seltos. However if you cant wait then the Kia Seltos has proven to be a great buy for almost everyone.

All the best

Last edited by karan561 : 19th December 2019 at 12:53.
Old 19th December 2019, 15:25   #63
BHPian

Hi Karan, while coming out of my office parking lot, I have to take a ramp with an upslope. To my surprise, my Seltos (GTX Plus DCT) seems to struggle for a moment, then appears to downshift and then gets a move on. This happens even if I start at the upslope at a very low speed. This behaviour appears similar to my Tiago AMT (even though not as severe). My Civic with Torque Converter never had this issue. Have you experienced anything similar? I keep it always in ECO mode.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 21:55   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Hi Karan, while coming out of my office parking lot, I have to take a ramp with an upslope. To my surprise, my Seltos (GTX Plus DCT) seems to struggle for a moment, then appears to downshift and then gets a move on. This happens even if I start at the upslope at a very low speed. This behaviour appears similar to my Tiago AMT (even though not as severe). My Civic with Torque Converter never had this issue. Have you experienced anything similar? I keep it always in ECO mode.
Hi,
I am not sure if i have encountered such a struggle but try attempting this slope in NORMAL mode instead of ECO. In ECO probably the car would have already reached the 2nd gear while reaching the slope & then after the struggle a downshift would have helped it to counter the struggle. Most Manual cars on a slope on 2nd gear would require some artistic clutch play to get moving and would also damage the clutch, hence best start from 1st on a slope even in manual. Also CIVIC not struggling coz its engine is an NA & SOHC which has a better low end & may not struggle like a turbo engine pre boost. Hope my explanation helped.
Regards !

Last edited by karan561 : 20th December 2019 at 21:59.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 06:42   #65
BHPian

Hi guys I own a GTX + 7 DCT have anyone experienced misalignment I had the car pulling towards left on day of delivery I did the alignment during the first 1000 km service and now it pulls to left. So again I sent back for service they reside the job but still I feel the steering when placed in the center the car feels to slightly move towards right. I am not sure whether it is misalignment of the lack of steering feel as it feels a little too light and we have to constantly keep making adjustments.(btw I am used to driving the Jetta and Kodiaq). One more issue I found was the rear seat when placed in the recline position makes some irritating noise I feel there is some gap in the locking mechanism.
One more thing I feel the car should have had especially as it is mostly chaffeur driven in my case is having the voice commands button in the rear of atleast in the app to control the ac or other features without disturbing the driver. Atleast the app should have had the controls.
sag_kv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 00:35   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Hi guys I own a GTX + 7 DCT have anyone experienced misalignment I had the car pulling towards left on day of delivery I did the alignment during the first 1000 km service and now it pulls to left. So again I sent back for service they reside the job but still I feel the steering when placed in the center the car feels to slightly move towards right. I am not sure whether it is misalignment of the lack of steering feel as it feels a little too light and we have to constantly keep making adjustments.(btw I am used to driving the Jetta and Kodiaq). One more issue I found was the rear seat when placed in the recline position makes some irritating noise I feel there is some gap in the locking mechanism.
Sorry to hear about your issue, i'd suggest if the service guys cant solve it then get it resolved by an aftermarket tyre store.

Also lack of feel ? May be you should try Sport mode as the steering does add up good amount of weight + feel.
Old 28th December 2019, 15:48   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Dusk !

Sharing a picture of my car which i clicked at dusk, last weekend on the outskirts of Nashik;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-1577528246588.jpg
karan561 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 21:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dusk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Sharing a picture of my car which i clicked at dusk, last weekend on the outskirts of Nashik;

Attachment 1950109
Wonderful click, Karan! It looks smashing at night, I must admit.

I’ve seen a lot of Seltos and the way it stands out with the striking LED setup, is pure eyegasm!

Congrats once again Karan. Keep driving, keep buying and keep reviewing - all the best and good luck
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 23:14   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dusk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Wonderful click, Karan! It looks smashing at night, I must admit.

I’ve seen a lot of Seltos and the way it stands out with the striking LED setup, is pure eyegasm!

Congrats once again Karan. Keep driving, keep buying and keep reviewing - all the best and good luck
Hi Gururaj,

Thanks for compliments on the car & good wishes

Regards
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 19:03   #70
BHPian

I'm facing the rear seat noise issue. Is it the seat or the parcel tray I have no clue. When driving on an uneven surface I can hear it rattling from the rear. The rear parcel tray patch for an evening and the issue returned the next day following. Are you facing?
Old 8th February 2020, 17:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The Kia Seltos uses the modified K2 Platform from the Hyundai Kia family & by now everyone is aware this same platform will be used for the upcoming New Generation Hyundai Creta.
Excellent Review of the Kia Seltos - Wish you many miles with your new possession

I had a specific question regarding the platform of the current gen Creta. The Team-BHP Official Review for the current gen Creta does not anywhere indicate the platform of the current gen Creta. While it is clear that the Seltos and the 2020 Creta are based on the K2 Platform there is no clear information that shows that the existing Creta is based on the PB / i20 Platform or something else altogether. Could you provide some clarity on this topic based on your research/findings?
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 13:19   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
I'm facing the rear seat noise issue. Is it the seat or the parcel tray I have no clue. When driving on an uneven surface I can hear it rattling from the rear. The rear parcel tray patch for an evening and the issue returned the next day following. Are you facing?
Hi, im not facing this issue yet. However also im yet to get this patch/fix for the parcel tray done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Excellent Review of the Kia Seltos - Wish you many miles with your new possession
Thanks !

Quote:
While it is clear that the Seltos and the 2020 Creta are based on the K2 Platform there is no clear information that shows that the existing Creta is based on the PB / i20 Platform or something else altogether. Could you provide some clarity on this topic based on your research/findings?
It seems you are correct, the previous gen Creta / ix25 is based on the PB platform.
Trust, you should also cross verify some more data on more Korean websites/forums to confirm the same.
Regards !
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 21:53   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting a few random pictures of my Seltos without any captions for your interpretation;

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191231_180015.jpg

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191231_152455.jpg

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20200102_125956.jpg

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191222_002722.jpg

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20191008_115913.jpg

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20200202_192743.jpg

Ownership Review: My Kia Seltos 1.4L Turbo Petrol (GTX+ DCT)-img_20200121_230229_652.jpg
karan561 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 11:47   #74
BHPian

Hi Karan,
Thanks for the awesome pics. A couple of questions,
a) It looks like you are filling in shell premium petrol, if yes, did you notice any difference especially in performance compared to regular or other oil company's petrol?
b) I remember you had a discussion with SA regarding the heating issues of DCT and they seem to have rolled out a patch for it by increasing the tolerance limit (?) or something. Do you know if that fix is only for the vehicles facing consistent DCT issues or is it is like a general update for all DCT owners? If yes, did you update it and see any difference?

Last edited by Salnv : 18th February 2020 at 11:58. Reason: Typo Corrected
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 17:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Karan great review, both the video and the write up. One question-since you are in Mumbai you have the dubious distinction of driving in probably the most extreme bumper to bumper traffic in the country. Has this resulted in any DCT issues to date?.

I’m contemplating replacing one of my cars with a seltos and am in a royal dilemma as to whether to go for the diesel gtx plus or the petrol dct. Heart says dct since diesel is not the preferred tipple anymore up north, but head says the diesel plus TC combo equals peace of mind.

What’s your take?
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks