Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2020, 15:29   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Hi ashish.
Kudos to you and coyote. The roadrunner show was my favourite too.
A very amazingly yet simply written thread. For me and many others it has become the go to thread for reference on the diesel manual seltos.
Thank you so much for your appreciation sir. I am glad this thread was helpful to you.

Quote:
I too am in the mood to replace my previous vehicle- a humble Hyundai santro. It has been serving me extremely well over the last 13 years. Has roamed the entire north india with me.
The itch to replace it with something big and powerful has been on my mind for two years now.
Santro is a true workhorse which will never let you down. Owners have always held on to it for years together and then struggle to find a proper replacement for it.

Quote:
We are a family of four including my son. Seltos appealed to me very much and during my research I stumbled upon your article.
For a family of four (or occasionally five), Seltos has good space. Performance wise, Seltos is better than the Crysta 2.4 (2.8 is different beast altogether!). Do test drive the Seltos with your family and check if they are okay with the relatively stiff ride.

Quote:
Your thoughts and wishes reflect mine, having driven small petrols all my life I too yearn for the torque of a diesel. And yes. Back in 2007 a friends accent diesel crdi was what smote me with the power a diesel can bring.

Quote:
I have read your entire thread 3 times over the last two days reflecting on all the thoughts you have penned down.
I believe you have captured the thought process of many like me wonderfully in your words.
Harrier and xuv no doubt are the biggies that tempt everyone but the concerns over the long term are something one can't ignore.
Once again, thanks!

During my shortlisting, I did think about getting a used XUV or even a Harrier. However two things went against this thought - too big for my daily use in city and expensive upkeep costs as these cars belong to the next segment.

Quote:
My santro - a basic Hyundai has run beautifully over the last 12 years. It is in the thirteenth that it has starting taking in part replacements. If a basic santro can do that one can only imagine the quality that these high end products from the Hyundai Kia stable will bring to the Indian consumer.
With age, any car will need part replacement. The increased cost of upkeep of the old car is much lower than the cost of a new car. So, in our case, the new car makes sense only as we upgrade across segments - bigger car, better features and comfort!

Quote:
Going through it made me realise that the HTK PLUS variant makes the most sense as it has all the bells and whistles. I am not a fan of aftermarket mods and stereos having burnt my fingers with my present ride. Factory fitted OE is the best. One should buy a higher variant rather than fitting aftermarket if one plans to keep the vehicle for a long time hassle free.
+1. HTK+ variant gives all the necessary features and then some more.

Quote:
I feel that the rear ac problem is exactly due to the reason pointed out by Kalinga.
I have taken it in the stride. My rule book now, if it is hot and my AC thermostat setting is between 80-100% cooling, I direct the rear vents towards the rear passengers. If my setting is any warmer, I move the vents towards the floor and let the cabin cool as is through air circulation. Co-passengers have been happy.

Quote:
Do you plan to upgrade the lights. Would love to see what you think of.

With best wishes. Happy mile munching.
Thank you sir!

Like DBHPian Reinhard mentioned, the stock headlights are indeed very good as an OE, good throw and spread. They just need brighter bulbs, if any. I am undecided yet but hope to upgrade the stock halogen bulbs to HIDs.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 16:46   #47
BANNED

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
....the stock headlights are indeed very good as an OE, good throw and spread. They just need brighter bulbs, if any. I am undecided yet but hope to upgrade the stock halogen bulbs to HIDs.
Wish Hyundai/Kia gave the OEM with clear lens glass rather than fresnel type. This change itself would have made around 30-35% improvement on how the light hits the road.

An HID upgrade is in a different level altogether, I have experienced both though. Do try upgrading to 100W HB3 bulbs (I presume) with relay. Should make night driving a bit better.
Old 28th May 2020, 22:12   #48
BHPian

Thanks ashis89 for the appreciation and kind words.

You are very right. Santro is a workhorse with a tough replacement. You will be surprised to know that this is our third santro in a row. So impressive this vehicle is. But now it has begun showing its age. No doubts the annual maintenance will be much lower than the emi for a new car but it is thirteen years now. And with the new motor vehicles act limiting the life span of vehicles to 15 years I am going to need a replacement soon.

We as a family travel often and with lots of luggage which would often spill over on to the rear seat so space upgrade was an issue. Moreover under full load the car struggles on the highway. This was the reason I wanted to upgrade to a powerful spacious vehicle.

I have extensively test driven the XUV, Harrier and the Innova Crysta. Harrier is the best looker but the engine noise is a big put off. Plus I was never able to find my comfortable seating position. XUV has the sweetest engine but rear seat ride is a big negative.
I absolutely abhor niggles in a vehicle.
Coming from a humble hatchback I do not look forward to features. For me the only requirements are space, refinement, comfort, reliability and driving pleasure. Rest everything is good to have. And that is why I had zeroed in on the Innova. The way it takes off in the power mode is something of an experience in itself. I would have taken the manual version only. So it being par with the seltos performance wise as per you is a relief.
Family is against buying a second hand vehicle so there go all my options for owning one unless I win a lottery. Haha. HTK plus fits the bill well.

I went through other threads also. The headlights don't seem that bad too. Oh by the way even I have 100/90 w halogens in my car. So will have to see personally how the headlights fare. With the 16 inch rims and 32 psi pressure as per various recommendations seems to be a good point for better ride quality. I prefer a firm suspension. Santro begins to leave ground at 80 and is ready to take off at 100 kmph. I drove my cousins verna. That just seems more eager to take off. No wonder a fellow bhpian and seltos owner guyfrmblr mentioned that the Hyundai showroom in his hometown has the word aerospace in its name. Had a hearty laugh.

Will have to overlook the AC somehow. Anyways I intend to wait till this corona crisis gets over then perhaps take the plunge. Will be closely following your thread.
Thanks and happy ownership of this wonderful vehicle.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 09:58   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

We stepped out of home on both days of last weekend. Every time I fired up Coyote, I was greeted with this 2 second reminder on the MID. Next weekend, I plan to take care of it without fail!

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200530_192923.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200531_201202.jpg

Bangalore is famous for its weather. But that's unpredictable too. Until 5 in the evening, the sun is spreading its warm glow across the sky.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200530_180750.jpg

The next moment, it pours
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200530_185645.jpg

That means Coyote was dirty again
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200531_202131.jpg

But with this light rains, I also discovered that the DRL enclosure is getting fogged. Both of them.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200530_193832.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200530_193853.jpg

Most OEMs clarify that temporary fogging is normal and should go away on its own. I will check again today. If the fogging is gone, then nothing to worry.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 13:18   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Third Service Update

Service Booking Experience

As planned, I booked an appointment at Epitome KIA, Whitefield for Coyote's 3rd service. Since my KIA Link app was still mapped to the Hyderabad ASS (another bug which doesn't let user change the default dealer!), I had to call the Epitome guys for an appointment. They were prompt; took my details and confirmed my booking. A day before the service date, I received another call to remind me of my appointment and confirm the visit time. Overall, good.

Service Experience
I reached on time, around 9:30 AM and as soon as I got out of the car, a guy started wiping the interiors for disinfection. He then placed covers for steering, seat, gear knob (and probably the handbrake too).

A Service Advisor was expecting me and started taking down the details/clicking pictures of Coyote. He proactively asked me for any complaints or any issues faced during lockdown, such as rat bites which I denied. Since I mentioned that I will wait till delivery, he set the delivery time as 12:30.

Next three hours were spent in the waiting lounge or walking around the parking and washing area. I didn't try walking into the service area.

Since they had just started the day's operations, the service area was pretty clean. Clicked from the waiting lounge!
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_093810.jpg

Mine was the second car to be service that day
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_094014.jpg

Next up was a waterless wash and some vacuuming. Coyote was really dirty and desperately needed some cleaning
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_114610.jpg

They did a good job cleaning and masking all those dirt under lots of polish
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_115724.jpg

However, I would prefer doing the waterless wash at home and getting a proper full wash done outside. I might opt of this washing schedule during my next visit and also save an hour in the process.

Next, Coyote was lined up for final wiping and fumigation. They brought a rather long pipe and led it into the car's cabin where it was spewing clouds of gas.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_121340.jpg

Kept the car on and the AC running at full blower speed which helped spread the gas throughout the cabin. This went on for good 10-15 mins.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_121621.jpg

They asked me to wait some more time since the car had been recently fumigated. While waiting I chanced upon a nice idol which I had been looking for my car. Bought it.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_123633.jpg

After another 20-30 mins, I cleared the bill (Rs. 4682, including the idol) and left the place around 12:45 PM.

Final Bill
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200615_195330.jpg

Oh, and BTW, I got this solution for the unlit power window switches. I have added to all fours doors and also to other switches such as fuel filler cap. Works rather well
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200606_134301.jpg

This weekend, went on an impromptu drive on the Kolar highway - five people on board, including a kid. I could hardly feel any difference in performance between the empty and full load condition. Yes, it still clears the speed breakers in the 2nd gear, without A pedal input.

Some pics

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200613_171153.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200613_171202.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200613_171307.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200613_171307.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	2017416

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200613_172853.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200613_184433.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200613_210217.jpg

Quote:
But with this light rains, I also discovered that the DRL enclosure is getting fogged.
--SNIP--
If the fogging is gone, then nothing to worry.
The fogging was gone next day and I didn't pursue it further.

Currently, the ODO stands at 8750 kms. Tanked up yesterday, the FE was 15.5 kmpl. Not complaining at all!

Over the weekend, while driving across the city, at some point I floored the the throttle after taking the speed breaker. My wife exclaimed even though the punch is very good at its current tune, it is much less than the original ECU tune that came from factory.

As per the service centers, the ECU update at the second service was to help the engine cope with BS4 fuel but it definitely had other impacts too. It blunted the engine performance in the mid-range and increased the FE. I was wondering if KIA will release the old map since we have the BS6 fuel available across the country.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 17:50   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Another weekend and it is the same thing. Five folks and Coyote hit the highway.

I read about Markonahalli Dam in BHPian @abirnale's thread and shared the idea. My sister got to know about Akkayamma Betta hill from her friend. So out we went to the hill on Saturday and visited the dam on Sunday. Both the places had very sparse visitors and we managed to find deserted space for us.

Steps taken to ensure social distancing:

1. Took tea and home cooked snacks with us and didn't stop anywhere
2. Used Fastag everywhere except for NICE road where they still want cash!
3. Searched for and settled in secluded areas only

Akkayamma Betta hill
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200627_174358.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200627_174733.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200627_185818.jpg

Yesterday, even though there was a rain forecast, it turned out to be a hot sunny one. Grabbed early lunch and started around 1PM and reached the dam around 4.

Markonahalli Dam and backwaters
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_164027.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_165006.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_174520.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_173952.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_174846.jpg

Coyote managed to hit the water without any challenge...
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_161257.jpg

And shine under the Sun
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_161650.jpg

or cool down under the Banyan tree
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_171303.jpg

Found some stats around acceleration and deceleration. Not interesting and hence, ignored!
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_173805.jpg

FE on the MID was good as usual considering I made full use of the empty Hassan highway
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200628_205307.jpg

EDIT: Forgot share couple of other updates and observations.

I crossed two cars at Markonahalli dam sporting TBHP stickers - a white Amaze with LTD and a white Terrano with LCLC stickers, IIRC. Also spotted a blue Nexon sporting LTD stickers near Ecity phase 1. Sorry couldn't click any pics as I was driving. Any BHPians?

While on the Hassan highway, we were surprised to see the parking of the eateries on the highway brimming with cars. No, we didn't stop anywhere!

Last edited by ashis89 : 29th June 2020 at 18:15.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:38   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

10000 kms up!

10000 kms update

Coyote is 8 months old now.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_225612.jpg

During the last refuel, the pump attendant was over-optimistic in filling the him to the brim. So after covering 530 kms, half of which was within the city, the DTE still shows 487 kms.

I scared my wife telling her that a diesel car needs regular long drives or else it will start giving troubles. And she loves long drives too. Win-win!

For the past few weekends, we have been heading out for a drive. Acts a real detox for the both of us, after a long caged work week.

If we manage to start early after lunch (by 2-3PM-ish) then we decide on some offbeat location nearby, drive there and look for any secluded spot before stepping out of the car. We carry some tea and homemade snacks which we have at the spot. Witness the sunset or the clouds (or both depending on the weather of the moment) and drive back. If we are lazy after lunch, then we choose any direction and drive some distance without giving second thoughts!

This weekend, Saturday was a lazy start so we just hit the Kolar highway. Lot of rain on the way, double rainbows and a beautiful sunset. Even in heavy rains, Coyote begged to be driven hard. I kept him below 100 and it felt like pocket change for him.

I will let the pictures do the talking
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200801_181706.jpg

Stop where there's no one around
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200801_181824.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200801_182235.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200801_184808.jpg

For the past 5 months, I have been giving him a waterless wash every other week. Results are not bad and it gives the water beading effect on the windscreen which helps in the rain! I wanted to get a deep cleaning done but will wait for the rains to subside
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200801_171126.jpg

For Sunday, we were prompt so we decided on a destination - Manchanabele Dam. Hit the NICE road and took the Mysore exit. I put the Cruise control to some use on the Nice road. Once at the destination, there are a few view points along the dam road. We chose a couple which were not crowded.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_165131.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_165722.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_173807.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_174518.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_180324.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_180751.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200802_180758.jpg

Observations:

1. I have checked the tyre pressure for two months now, which means it has reduced from the recommended 35 PSi to a reasonable ~32 PSi (I can feel it). The ride is very supple and the car also feels lot more planted on uneven roads. That's another factor why Coyote begged to be driven hard.

2. While returning from the dam, it was raining hard. I got the known issue again - fogging of the windscreen. Increasing the AC temperature fixed the issue.

3. Out in the rains, the headlights are not enough. I have said it repeatedly and yet, due to COVID, I haven't really explored installing HIDs. Hopefully soon.

4. Since the steering is without any cover, it feel slippery. Another item of upgrade - leather steering cover.

5. During the weekend outings, sometimes we go in my brother-in-law's Honda City. During the last outing, the City scraped it's underbody 6 times! Coyote has given no such complaints and I am very happy with my decision to stick to a cross-over. After the Seltos, I don't feel comfortable in the front seats of the City due to the low seating.

The car is dirty again to say the least. This time, the waterless wash won't be sufficient to clean those mud.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_20200803_162324.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th August 2020 at 12:40.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 14:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10000 kms up!

Thanks for the 10K update!

Quote:
2. While returning from the dam, it was raining hard. I got the known issue again - fogging of the windscreen. Increasing the AC temperature fixed the issue.
In my car, the windshield has no issues but the left side passenger door glass always gets fogged up near the ORVM blocking the view. I have tried adjusting AC temperature but to no avail. Last weekend I drove extensively around Mangalore in heavy rains and the windshield never got fogged up.

Quote:
4. Since the steering is without any cover, it feel slippery. Another item of upgrade - leather steering cover.
Are you planning to get it stitched? Even I’m planning one for my car. This is the first car I own without a leather steering cover and I find it very slippery. Karlsson, Devraj, Imperial were few of the goto shops for leather steering covers 5-6 years ago in Bangalore. Need to check if they still do it.

Quote:
5. During the weekend outings, sometimes we go in my brother-in-law's Honda City. During the last outing, the City scraped it's underbody 6 times! Coyote has given no such complaints and I am very happy with my decision to stick to a cross-over. After the Seltos, I don't feel comfortable in the front seats of the City due to the low seating.
I can’t agree more. This time I visited my wife’s ancestral home in a remote village near Mangalore and it was a breeze to drive around this car there. Few of the roads there belong to 4x4 territory and Seltos had no issues conquering those roads. It didn’t scrape it’s underbelly anywhere. I could never take my previous low slung cars there but this time I could take the car right up to the doorstep.

This photo is one small example. Photo doesn’t do any justice but this road is pretty steep filled with loose gravel along with frequent channels/bumps that are created for the water to flow. Any low slung car is guaranteed to get it’s underbelly hit on this road. I had no issues taking Seltos here. It did scrape lightly at one of the water channel but was not scary. I had a dashcam video of this entire road but it got overwritten by the time I reached Bangalore. Should have saved the video there itself
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-60c2f81c6e57416a96cebfb9da36b0af.jpeg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 4th August 2020 at 14:04.
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 14:21   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
In my car, the windshield has no issues but the left side passenger door glass always gets fogged up near the ORVM blocking the view.
I have faced this issue in multiple cars when the passenger side AC vent is tilted towards the door glass. Changing the direction fixes it. Do you face it irrespective of the AC vent direction?

Regarding my windshield fogging, this is the second time I observed it though I driven in cold weather or in rains several times. I usually keep the cabin temperature just cool/soothing and maybe, that's why it never fogs up.

Quote:
Are you planning to get it stitched? Even I’m planning one for my car. This is the first car I own without a leather steering cover and I find it very slippery. Karlsson, Devraj, Imperial were few of the goto shops for leather steering covers 5-6 years ago in Bangalore. Need to check if they still do it.
Yes I want to get a leather stitched. Do you have any suggestions where I should be heading to? Or let me know when you are going and I could tag along.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 15:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have faced this issue in multiple cars when the passenger side AC vent is tilted towards the door glass. Changing the direction fixes it. Do you face it irrespective of the AC vent direction?
Yes, it happens irrespective of AC vent direction. Not sure if it's due to the fact that the vents can't be closed completely and the air somehow makes its way out towards the glass irrespective of the vent direction.

Quote:
Yes I want to get a leather stitched. Do you have any suggestions where I should be heading to? Or let me know when you are going and I could tag along.
As I mentioned earlier, I used to see good reviews about Karlsson, Stanley, Imperial, Trend and Devrak/Karthik. I also remember reading somewhere that Stanley no longer accepts small jobs like steering covers. These threads will give you a good idea about these shops.

Please note that Devraj/Karthik's shop is located in JC Road which is a very congested area. I'll let you know if I'm going (provided I get my finance minister's approval ).

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 4th August 2020 at 15:07.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 22:18   #56
BHPian

Re: Interiors

Quote:

Another issue that has been faced by a lot of Seltos owners – front windshield fogging up. I read few posts that this is common occurrence in cars with ACC. However mine has a manual AC and I did face this issue once.

Bhubaneswar has a humid climate. On the day of delivery, while going home, I kept the AC at 100% cold setting and vents directed at passengers only. After some time, I could see fogging near the front windscreen vents even though the airflow was directed through the passenger vents. As the AC was a chiller, I increased the temp setting to ~70% cold and the fogging was slowly gone. I haven't observed it again so far but then I haven't driven in rains.
Great and detailed review! Keep up the good job man. Also regularly update this thread with your further experiences with Coyote.
Coming to the Front windshield fogging issue, I also experienced it with my friend's Seltos HTK D MT yesterday only. Maybe someone on the forum will come up with some kind of solution. Otherwise quite a detailed and compelling review
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 15:00   #57
BHPian

Re: Third Service Update

Quote:
Service Booking Experience

After another 20-30 mins, I cleared the bill (Rs. 4682, including the idol) and left the place
If I may ask, is it second service or third service? I got my second service few days back for HTK+ Diesel at 5100 KMs. They did not replace the filters and final bill amount was NIL.
Old 7th August 2020, 15:46   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
If I may ask, is it second service or third service? I got my second service few days back for HTK+ Diesel at 5100 KMs. They did not replace the filters and final bill amount was NIL.
This was my third service and hence, I had to pay for the consumables. The first and second service are mere check-ups and are totally FOC.
Old 7th August 2020, 16:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
This was my third service and hence, I had to pay for the consumables. The first and second service are mere check-ups and are totally FOC.
Ok, I asked because I noticed that car has completed some 8xxx KMs only and less than 7 months old at the time of service. So you may gone for service earlier purposefully.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 7th August 2020 at 16:17.
gupta_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:52   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Ok, I asked because I noticed that car has completed some 8xxx KMs only and less than 7 months old at the time of service. So you may gone for service earlier purposefully.
Yes, I prefer getting the oil changed around the 8k mark. Over the years, I have felt the engine feeling gruff after running 7-8k kms and that's when I go for oil change.

Another reason was the uncertainty during lockdown - when the service centers might close or when I might have to make a long road trip, thereby exceeding the third service deadline of 10k.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed