Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2007, 15:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. And informative. But there is an 'Aha!' moment -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Rear seat is one large sofa, suitable for many things.
Old 28th March 2007, 16:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
One thing I could not understand - This is meant to be a chauffeur driven car, right? So what is the point of the Bluetooth handsfree? Would you want your driver to listen to every conversation you have over the phone?

I think it's another instance of having a gagdet/gimmick for the heck of it!
Totally Agree......with you on that !! Especially the Advt one sees on the TV nowadays
Old 29th March 2007, 16:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Nice review. And informative. But there is an 'Aha!' moment -

Probably after the Amby another Sofa on wheels...
Old 1st April 2007, 20:08   #19
BHPian

Do they fit the K&N conicals at the Tata dealerships? Where can i get one in Bangalore?

Tata's were supposed to develop the whole bluetooth technology to work within the car. They eventually picked up standard gear and worse, have mounted it by drilling holes in the existing dash design. They must have gotten confused about where to keep the phone and speakerphone. Right now it is available to the drivel. It would have been smart if they had a robust laptop holder (not just a tray) suspended from the rear of the front seats. I recall being involved in a conversation where a GPS unit was to be fitted standard as well in the XL and the upcoming top-end Safari, but I guess it must have become too expensive.

It is an interesting experiment. I dont think Tata's expect too much sales of this, except to Hotels and to small-time industrialists who frequently visit areas where only Maruti and Tata's have repair centres (Think mining people, etc)
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

I dont think that this indigo XL would sell much except some hotel would buy it and make it a taxi...in which the major of the feature will be a waste....
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

I thought the same when I initially saw this car. Those "hi-tech gadgets" look tacky the way they have been put on the existing dash. However sales wise I am now a little more circumspect. Looks like even at that price there are a few takers afterall. I visited the Autofin dealership here thrice in the last few days. Everyday I am seeing a couple of these in various hues of colors getting ready for delivery, ribbons, balloons and all!

PS. An interesting aside, the owner and MD of Autofin has a Toyota Camry for himself. And it stands parked inside the delivery area bang in the middle of those puny looking tata cars (in comparison). What a way to give an inferiority complex to your potential customers

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd April 2007 at 01:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks