Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2020, 14:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)

Congratulations on the new car. I personally am quite fond of the Kwid and Triber from the Renault India stables and find them to be robust VFM cars. Have been seeing a lot of Tribers on the road of late and its not surprising considering the product offers a lot for basic hatchback money.

I was always skeptical about the performance of the Triber considering the average engine specs but good to read that it suffices in everyday use.

For more output from your headlights, you can contemplate putting HIDs in the low beam projectors. I did this in my XUV and the difference vs stock is chalk and cheese.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 15:13   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition Doc! The Triber is one of the most sensible cars to buy at this price range. I really like that Renault has offered 4 airbags on the top variant, father than the usual two seen in alternatives. The build quality is questionable, but no one can argue that Renault has hit a shot out of the boundary with this one!
BZ25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 15:14   #18
BANNED

Congratulations Aditya for your new car. A very nicely written ownership review.
Triber is really a VFM product from Renault stable. Good to know that you did not find any issue with the performance of this car. It will be interesting to see when Renault comes up with turbocharged unit
drkuldeep1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 18:30   #19
BHPian

Hi... a lovely review. I did TD the triber in Chennai. But I felt it was a bit underpowered. Guess it was a one-off TD vehicle issue. Good to know it does pretty well up on the Himalayas. Cheers to you, and wishing you many more miles with this beauty.
Oh, and the colour is gorgeous!!!
sooshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 19:12   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Aditya for your new ride. Absolutely gorgeous shade of blue, looks very nice on the car. The car itself appears far more premium than the price suggests. The fact that its holding its own in the Himalayas proves that the whole "under-powered engine" issue is more of a spec-sheet thing than real-world usability issue.
We are looking for a Triber too since dad wants to purchase a not too large 7 seater to travel with the extended family post retirement. Initially we thought of used Ertiga but the new top-end Triber is cheaper. Felt more spacious too, especially the 3rd row. We also had a test-drive with 6 onboard that spanned across 2 flyovers with bumper-bumper traffic in between and I didn't feel any apparent power shortage.
Congrats again
Anduril is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 20:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Update after the first Free service today at 1189Kms:-

The car seems to be smoother and slightly more responsive. Will test it with full load tomorrow and day after tomorrow. The total bill was Rs.621/- (all inclusive).

Another point I Dislike:-

* The Headlight Leveller is archaic and seems to be a part shared with the Datsun cousins.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 15:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

My car just received a few New Year gifts in the form of a Roof Carrier and Art Leather Steering Cover (total of worth Rs.3,200/-) from Leather.

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200109_123920390.jpg
The Aluminum Roof Carrier cost Rs.2,800/-

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200109_124527101.jpg
The Art Leather Steering Cover cost Rs.400/-

Now headed back to Manali via Ludhiana (night stay).
AdityaDeane is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 19:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats, Aditya, your car and color looks great keep us posted how it was on the long drive back to Manali from Dehra Dun. Make sure you do a thorough PDI and ensure all things are working, since your closest service center is 8-9 hours away from where you stay.
Thanks a lot sir! The drive between Manali and Dehradun and back has been pretty good. I had shared my initial drive impression here (Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs). I have written my Ownership Review after over a month of taking delivery of my car, but thanks for the concern about PDI, I was as thorough about it, as I could be and found no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Hearty Congratulations Aditya for the new car! Triber is a VFM product in the MUV category. Happy to hear about it's acceptable performance in any terrain. Most of my friends and family are moving towards MUV and SUV category and your ownership review will be definitely helpful.
Thanks,
TK
Thanks a lot TK! I would recommend it over similarly priced hatchbacks any day to anyone who asks me. Glad I could be of help for any prospective buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Congratulations Aditya for Triber. Your ownership review will add a new dimension since you are one of the very few team bhp members who stay in hills. Curious to know how this front wheel drive 1000cc performs as your main car. Wishing you many happy miles ahead. Sad to know you sold Nano, I hope it got a good second buyer
Hello sir! I would say it has been performing beyond my expectations with the pint sized engine and specs sheet. My drive up to Manali with 4 adults and 2 kids with a boot full of heavy luggage was unexpectedly amazing. Didn't get stuck in snow or any steep inclines, maybe because of good load on the front wheels.

In regards to the Nano, the owner is a good family, but due to a health issue with the bhaiya who was driving it, the Nano got a very bad new year's eve accident, and the front hit a pole. More details here (Tata Nano Twist XT: 4-year ownership report).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Thanks for the amazing review! I was waiting to see how Triber works in the hills! Wishing you a very happy life with the Triber, luckily the R15 rims! As we are, the Triber's tribe. Yeah! To live in snow covered places is a dream for many while a cold winter day is a dream for us, the Madrasi's.
Hey Jagann13! You'll be pleasantly surprised with the performance of the Triber in the hills. Yes, sometimes you need to work through the gears, but the engine is in no way severely underpowered. It can take on a lot of weight and hill climbs and snow drive alike. Hail Triber's Tribe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Congratulations on the new car. I was always skeptical about the performance of the Triber considering the average engine specs but good to read that it suffices in everyday use. For more output from your headlights, you can contemplate putting HIDs in the low beam projectors.
Thanks a lot Narula123! Even I was a little skeptical at first, but now I am convinced and happy with my decision and my ride. I will stick to the stock Headlamps, as my drive is mostly in the hills, and the lights suffice for that. My highway drives are few times in a year, and not for long. Unless I relocate down to the plains, the lights are going to be sufficient for my usage. But thanks for the advice, will keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition Doc! The Triber is one of the most sensible cars to buy at this price range. I really like that Renault has offered 4 airbags on the top variant, rather than the usual two seen in alternatives. The build quality is questionable, but no one can argue that Renault has hit a shot out of the boundary with this one!
Thanks BZ25! Completely agree with you on all points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkuldeep1998 View Post
Congratulations Aditya for your new car. A very nicely written ownership review. Triber is really a VFM product from Renault stable. Good to know that you did not find any issue with the performance of this car. It will be interesting to see when Renault comes up with turbocharged unit
Yes, even I am waiting to test drive a Turbocharged version when it comes out. This one already suffices my kind of needs, and if it'll get more power, it will become a pocket rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Hi... a lovely review. I did TD the triber in Chennai. But I felt it was a bit underpowered. Guess it was a one-off TD vehicle issue. Good to know it does pretty well up on the Himalayas. Cheers to you, and wishing you many more miles with this beauty. Oh, and the colour is gorgeous!
Brand new, even my car was a little underpowered, but is now fine. The engine took a while to open up and come to it's life. It still is slow when overtaking on the hills and I need to work the gears, but in the right gear and with the right planning, you can go ahead and keep pace with the other more powerful cars on the road without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Congratulations Aditya for your new ride. Absolutely gorgeous shade of blue, looks very nice on the car. The fact that its holding its own in the Himalayas proves that the whole "under-powered engine" issue is more of a spec-sheet thing than real-world usability issue. We are looking for a Triber too since dad wants to purchase a not too large 7 seater to travel with the extended family post retirement. Initially we thought of used Ertiga but the new top-end Triber is cheaper. Felt more spacious too, especially the 3rd row. We also had a test-drive with 6 onboard that spanned across 2 flyovers with bumper-bumper traffic in between and I didn't feel any apparent power shortage. Congrats again
I am sure you won't be disappointed with the decision. But if still in doubt, wait for the Turbocharged and AMT variants, I won't be surprised to see a Turbocharged AMT variant as well.

Another update on the car

On the 10th of January 2020 an idiot taxi driver decided to open his door when I was slowly driving past him and approaching a traffic jam near Hanogi Temple yesterday, and the impact threw my Left ORVMs cover off and scratched the ORVM and Door. Luckily I had installed Body Side Cladding and it protected the car from any severe damage. The cover was put back again and will require rubbing and polishing, and so will the door.

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200110_1722587612.jpg
Zoomed in view

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img20200111wa0003.jpg
The immediate photo after the incident

And on 9th January 2020 a bike rider in Naraingarh (Haryana), busy talking to his pillion, hit the car from behind leaving a tyre mark on my rear bumper towards the right side.

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img20200111wa0001.jpg

I would say the car has taken both the impacts well, as no dent can be seen in the plastic or the sheet metal. But will still reserve my comments on build quality till Global NCAP tests the car and gives it's verdict.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 13:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

So, for all prospective buyers who are skeptical about Triber's performance under full load in the hills and snow, I have uploaded a video review of my recent drive up from Dehradun to Manali. Check it out, and I hope it is helpful for all future Triber buyers in making the decision easier, if they're sitting on the fence about should they buy, should they buy the current model or wait for the Turbocharged one.

Old 31st January 2020, 13:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

And finally, my car has received it's Registration Plates yesterday, the Temporary Plates are now gone and proper plates now adorn the front, rear and rearmost left window (for the 3rd Number Plate Sticker). Now waiting to put up the Team BHP stickers, soon...

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200130_164143419_hdr.jpg
That gorgeous wide front look

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200130_164200531_hdr.jpg
The rear, with that ugly smudge by the bike's tyre

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200130_164230457.jpg
The 3rd Registration Plate, not too clear due to it's multi-directional background.

One good thing which happened in this time was that my in-laws had come to stay with us, and they went back for Algarah (Kalimpong) yesterday, and my father-in-law just fell in love with the car. He may buy a base model or something higher by this year end or sometime next year, as he loved the utility, practicality and price of the car.

I am so happy that we took delivery before they came, cause (as seen in the previous video), that huge boot and roof rails (with the carrier installed now) were so useful, and if I still had my Nano with me, they would have probably been following us in a cab, because there is no way to carry 5 (6 actually) people in the Nano and so much luggage as well. Happy with my purchase decision.

Crossed over 2000Kms and that thud noise from the front suspension is magically gone after the follow up visit and first Free service done in Dehradun in December and early January. No problems or rattles in the car till now.

Also, one of my cousin sister living in Dharampur (Himachal Pradesh) got interested in this car, and was asking me if I would recommend it for hilly regions. I answered her with a resounding yes, and directed her to my ownership review to get more in depth details on how the car is fairing here in Manali.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 17:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Over 2050Kms up! A video link to my recent snow drive till the Solang Valley:-

And finally this evening, my beloved car has been graced by Team BHP stickers I had kept away, secretly hidden even from my mind! What a proud moment for me to see my car with those lovely stickers.

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200206_171841686.jpg

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-img_20200206_171907165.jpg

I had a total of 5 stickers (2 www.team-bhp.com, and 3 others). While 2 at the back are visible loud and clear, can anyone find the other 3?

I had always wanted to put them up on my Nano as well, but refrained thinking that my next car will get them, and so I have my wish fulfilled today.
Old 6th February 2020, 18:13   #27
BHPian

One above the windshield, one under the logo. Can't find the 3rd one.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 18:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
One above the windshield, one under the logo. Can't find the 3rd one.
3rd one: either the One below the front Renault logo or the one below the TRIBER badge at the rear.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 19:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Website Links:-
1 under the Renault logo at the front, and
1 under TRIBER lettering at the rear.

"I Drive Safe" above the front windshield, in front of the Antenna.

"Team BHP - Love Cars Live Cars" above the Renault badging at the rear.

"Live To Drive - URL" above the Energy badging at the rear.

Didn't want to put any of the stickers over the Glass area, or Number Plate, or the exposed area of the Bumpers, to avoid risk of damages in small touch and go incidents.

Good job @Sreesh1009 and @JithinR. Keen eyes I must say...
Old 18th February 2020, 18:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sharing screenshots of the Mileage Logs of my car till date. Keep in mind that my usage is in the hills of Manali, and the logs for January will be with 4 adults and 2 kids in the car.

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-screenshot_20200218183446.png
Overall average statistics

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-screenshot_20200218183419.png
These fill ups in January were with full load on our way from Dehradun to Ludhiana and then Ludhiana to Manali. The fill up in February was after the usage of car with aforementioned 4 adults and 2 kids till the end of January, and visits to Solang Valley etc. nearby in February.

Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)-screenshot_20200218183412.png
The first fill up in November was after taking the delivery of the car, and the second one on the way to Manali after that. The fill up in December is on the way from Manali to Dehradun, so mostly going downhill will not too much luggage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks