Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2020, 01:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report

Awesome ownership review! And congratulations for getting such a great colour and machine. I am confused between buying Kicks XVD and Ecosport S variant. Though your ownership review makes me incline more towards Kicks as you mentioned that it is one segment above the Ecosport but still sceptical about taking a plunge into Nissan. By the way how would rate fun to drive factor over the highways for Ecosport and Kicks?
Also, do you have that referral option still available?
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 13:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Despite the A.S.S issues should I take the plunge into the Kicks?
I see that you have posted this question on the Ecosport thread. I hope it is fine to reply here as this is a more appropriate thread.

Mods, please move it otherwise.

Let me answer this one part of your question. I think you have got your answers for your other questions from the previous posts in the Ecosport thread.

Just like you have A.S.S issues in mind now, I too in 2016 had similar thoughts.
When I drove into Shawar Nissan service centre here in Bangalore for the first time, mentally I was prepared to be greeted by a bunch of jokers who will screw up my car. Or in other words, I was prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

Lo and behold! All such thoughts were banished in just five minutes starting from the way I was greeted and treated. The car was attended to quickly and all the tasks were explained in detail. The service advisor provided his number and with a pleasant smile sent me on my way!.

And this kind of an experience was not one off. Have been there many times since whenever Nissan conducts its free check up camps.

If this was not enough to convince me, Surya Nissan service centre in Marathalli (which is a lot closer to my house) was even better!. I had one periodic service and one AC check up camp visit there and both times, the experience was very very pleasing. They fixed my windshield wash pipe (rat bite) once for free without charging me and just a few days ago the pipe was not functioning due to some air block. They again did not charge me for fixing it.

Yes, the odd customer will have a bad experience every now and then. That is unavoidable anywhere.

You can just make a quick visit yourself before deciding either way.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 13:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I see that you have posted this question on the Ecosport thread. I hope it is fine to reply here as this is a more appropriate thread.
=====
You can just make a quick visit yourself before deciding either way.
Thank you for the advice, will visit after the lockdown.
Also, Can you give me an idea about the service costs and part replacement costs (in case you had to replace any parts).
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 20:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
but still sceptical about taking a plunge into Nissan.
I dont own a Kicks but a Sunny, but to add to earlier comments, I have not been let down by Nissan's ASS. I have serviced my car at 3 service stations spread across 2 providers (Shahwar, Surya Nissan at Bangalore). Generally good experience on service (both body shop and mechanical repairs), well-informed advisors. Doesnt pinch a hole in the wallet, service cost is comparable to Hyundai if not a tad cheaper IMO. All the best in your decision making
aroonanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 23:33   #50
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. That was a very comprehensive review, great attention to detail. I really like the way you came up with a way to score the cars, reminded me of the Doug score from Doug DeMuro on YouTube.

Did you fix the bird drop stain on the bonnet?
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 12:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the advice, will visit after the lockdown.
Also, Can you give me an idea about the service costs and part replacement costs (in case you had to replace any parts).
I drive the Terrano, but the costs will be more or less the same as Kicks being from the same family, I think.

@Godzilla should be able to confirm this for you.

The service cost will be around Rs 8000 to 10,000 for a regular service. Since the service interval is one year or 10,000 kms, I think it is pretty reasonable.

The only major thing that I have replaced as a part of regular service is the timing kit and it cost me Rs 12,000. It is every five years or every 60,000 kms once.

I used a petrol Verna earlier and its service used to cost around Rs 5000-6000 every service, but the service interval was once in six months!.

So I convinced myself that I am still spending the same even now and that too being a diesel SUV.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 00:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome ownership review! And congratulations for getting such a great colour and machine. I am confused between buying Kicks XVD and Ecosport S variant. Though your ownership review makes me incline more towards Kicks as you mentioned that it is one segment above the Ecosport but still sceptical about taking a plunge into Nissan. By the way how would rate fun to drive factor over the highways for Ecosport and Kicks?
Also, do you have that referral option still available?

Thanks, Sahil. I had the same confusion between the Ecosport S diesel and the Nissan Kicks XV D, I would suggest taking a long test drive of both the vehicles before making a decision. Fun to drive factor definitely goes to Ecosport. If you can live with slightly smaller interiors Ecosport makes sense. It has this brilliant engine, drive train, steering combination.

I have the below scores for fun-to-drive factor out of 10 for the cars below.

VW Polo DSG-8.5
Ecosport-8
JTP-8
Seltos Diesel-6
Kicks Diesel-5 in the city due to slight lag, 6 on highways
Creta 2019-4

I am not sure about the referral option in April 2020, please check with a dealer and if it is available I can help you out.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 00:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvW.Rajat View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. That was a very comprehensive review, great attention to detail. I really like the way you came up with a way to score the cars, reminded me of the Doug score from Doug DeMuro on YouTube.

Did you fix the bird drop stain on the bonnet?
Thanks, Rajat. No, I didn't fix it yet. May be will do it post the lockdown or I might leave it as is. It is not that visible unless someone really looks for it
Old 21st April 2020, 06:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review!! Why this car has been a dud?! Beats me.

Very good point on ESP - it hardly costs much, so why dont manufacturers provide this by default? Why do govts dont mandate it?
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 09:23   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Thanks, Rajat. No, I didn't fix it yet. May be will do it post the lockdown or I might leave it as is. It is not that visible unless someone really looks for it
I thought that the dealership will do it FOC for you. Isn't something like this covered under the warranty?
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 13:29   #56
BHPian

Quote:

I have the below scores for fun-to-drive factor out of 10 for the cars below.

VW Polo DSG-8.5
Ecosport-8
JTP-8
Seltos Diesel-6
Kicks Diesel-5 in the city due to slight lag, 6 on highways
Creta 2019-4
Would you say that the vehicle feels underpowered on the highway? With 5 people and AC on?

Quote:

I am not sure about the referral option in April 2020, please check with a dealer and if it is available I can help you out.
Thank you I will contact the dealer and let you know.

Also, any niggles you faced till now with the vehicle apart from the left pull issue? What is the experience till now?
While searching for the vehicle did you come across the fuel injector issue faced by users of k9k engine?
What is the fuel economy you’re getting in the city and the highway?

Thanks.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 19:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Would you say that the vehicle feels underpowered on the highway? With 5 people and AC on?

Thank you I will contact the dealer and let you know.

Also, any niggles you faced till now with the vehicle apart from the left pull issue? What is the experience till now?

While searching for the vehicle did you come across the fuel injector issue faced by users of k9k engine?
What is the fuel economy you’re getting in the city and the highway?

Thanks.

Hey Sahil

I was trying to say that Nissan Kicks scores 5/10 for sporty driving in city traffic due to the slight turbo lag and you have work your gears to drive it sporty. The lag observable under 1800 rpm. Above 2000 rpm Nissan Kicks is a BEAST. In Highways, I would rate 6/10 or even 7/10 as it can easily be above 2000 rpm and power delivery is terrific. It does NOT feel underpowered in highways. I would say it is better than Ecosport on Highways in terms of power.

I have not faced any other issue other than the left pull. Touch wood.

I did read about the fuel injector issue, I am trying my best to try to start the car every week during the lockdown as someone has mentioned this might happen if the car is idle for weeks. No issues faced.

Fuel efficiency: City: 12-15 depending on traffic, Highways:18

The worst was 10 kmpl under super heavy traffic.
Highest was 19.2 kmpl tank fill method for a trip of 700 kms with 80% highway and 20% City with AC on.

[/list]

Last edited by Godzilla : 22nd April 2020 at 19:41.
Old 22nd April 2020, 19:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvW.Rajat View Post
I thought that the dealership will do it FOC for you. Isn't something like this covered under the warranty?
Not sure if the warranty covers this. Maybe I didn't push them for it. I could try it post lockdown.

Last edited by Godzilla : 22nd April 2020 at 19:57.
Old 22nd April 2020, 19:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sahil

I would say it is better than Ecosport on Highways in terms of power.
Thank you. I think this is what I wanted to hear

Quote:

I did read about the fuel injector issue, I am trying my best to try to start the car every week during the lockdown as someone has mentioned this might happen if the car is idle for weeks. No issues faced.
Are you using any additive in the Diesel for this? Or refilling at any particular pump with known good quality?

Quote:

Fuel efficiency: City: 12-15 depending on traffic, Highways:18

The worst was 10 kmpl under super heavy traffic.
Highest was 19.2 kmpl tank fill method for a trip of 700 kms with 80% highway and 20% City with AC on.

This is quite good actually
Old 29th April 2020, 20:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I think this is what I wanted to hear

Are you using any additive in the Diesel for this? Or refilling at any particular pump with known good quality?

This is quite good actually

I am not using any additives to Diesel as of now.

Check this out, the BS6 Nissan kicks will get a CVT and a powerful engine.

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/lates...527-2020-04-29

Last edited by Godzilla : 29th April 2020 at 20:56.

Most Viewed