Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2020, 13:26   #16
BANNED

Re: Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedEza View Post
That sounds a little serious, should I get it checked right away of wait till next service (3 months) ?. I checked the oil level and its close to the minimum level.
Get this checked and fixed as soonest as possible. Though it is not something that could cause a breakdown it is best to get these kind of issues fixed asap. The low oil level and the leak you have shown does not seem related because the leak on top of valve cover is mostly caused by oil mist.

Some engines consume some engine oil and more so during the running in period. Check the level once again following the user manual and top it up (ask Vanchinad if you should do that before the drive to their workshop in Tvm since its some 70kms and not a short hop).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedEza View Post
I don't think so. It comes with IFS.

One step forward - BS6
Two steps back - Solid Axle, 2.2

Last edited by Sankar : 12th February 2020 at 13:32.
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 13:41   #17
BHPian

As much as I really liked the review and will rate it 5 star, I cant help see the interior one gets for 15 lacs on road. It is simply irresponsible of Force motors to sell something like this in 2020.

That aside, excellent review. I know you bought this car for a purpose and not for laundry list of features. Wish you lacs of miles.
veyron_head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 15:01   #18
BHPian

2200 kms was driven during transport? Don't you think that a bit too much? And again considering that, the dealer should have offered you substantial discount. Again, that's my personal opinion.
prajakt_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 15:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
2200 kms was driven during transport? Don't you think that a bit too much?
Akurdi (where force motors is located) to kollam per Google maps is about 1600 KMS. Strange that they have to drive it their.

Seems penny wise pound foolish. They could have loaded the vehicle on the Mumbai kanyakumari express. That would have been logistically much more easier.

Suggestion to Mohammed Eza to check when this vehicle was despatched from the factory. I know that this will be academic info since the transaction has been completed.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 15:37   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. It's one hell of a looker for sure.

Now everyone else, including you, have been talking a lot about doing modifications. There is no doubt in my mind that it'll look/function a lot better with some tasteful modifications. Now I might draw a lot of flak for being pessimistic and going against popular opinion here, but I just have to say it.

Please don't go overboard with modifications. And I'm not talking about weird and wacky ones. I'm talking about modifications in general.

Why am I saying this? Well, from my experience Kerala MVD is a real pain in the... when it comes to modifications. We even have a dedicated thread on this forum.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...dia-posts.html (Kerala cops clamp down on modified cars via social media posts!)

My friend had a 2014 Thar which was his daily drive. He had been flagged down and fined a few years ago. But last year, before the elections, the situation at Panampilly Nagar, where he used to work, became so bad that he didn't take it out for months. He met with the MVI, whom he knew personally and was told there is no way to escape scrutiny except to make it look almost stock again. Now this was a no go for him as he had already spent a considerable sum on it. By June he was fed up of all the hassle, sold it off and got himself a Harrier. I'll be attaching a picture of his ex-Thar so you can understand the level of modifications he did. Honestly, I've seen cars with a lot more modifications running on our roads

Again, take this only as a suggestion. Wish you many more happy miles.

Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review-thar.jpeg

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 12th February 2020 at 15:50.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 15:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, its reviews like this which makes your day. Congratulations on actually buying a Gurkha.

One look at the car, your age and i feel you can go over-landing in it.I hope you already have thought about this.
This is perfect vehicle to do it and at your age you will have time to actually do it.You have the will and maybe some skills ( being a mechanical engineer ) to fix niggles as and when they come.

If Force had given even slightly better looking dashboard, Gurkha would look tempting as a lifestyle vehicle. The dash looks utilitarian for a lifestyle vehicle.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 16:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have to confess - I rated your thread 5 stars even before reading a single line of it. Simply because you have done what I always only aspired of. Owning a Gurkha 4x4(x4 as they called it).
Hi Reinhard,

Please let me know how to rate a post! I know it's a dumb question, but I couldn't find any tab or anything to give my rating.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 12th February 2020 at 16:55. Reason: Trimmed the post within quotes for better readability. Thanks.
Paavan Shetty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 16:54   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabulous thread that was a pleasure to read! Welcome to the forum MohammedEza, talk about a big bang entry to Team BHP. This thread needs more pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
My friend had a 2014 Thar which was his daily drive. He had been flagged down and fined a few years ago. But last year, before the elections, the situation at Panampilly Nagar, where he used to work, became so bad that he didn't take it out for months. He met with the MVI, whom he knew personally and was told there is no way to escape scrutiny except to make it look almost stock again. Now this was a no go for him as he had already spent a considerable sum on it. By June he was fed up of all the hassle, sold it off and got himself a Harrier. I'll be attaching a picture of his ex-Thar so you can understand the level of modifications he did. Honestly, I've seen cars with a lot more modifications running on our roads
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I stay in that same area and the MVD clamp down has been so strict that it has resulted in most of the modified cars staying away. There are a few still braving it out but its a fraction of what it used to be. I know that earlier after they caught these vehicles, they used to make the owner bring the cars / bikes to the RTO office in stock condition. Now I hear there is a fine also associated with it. A weeks ago I heard there was checking happening in some of the suburbs as well. Overall its not worth the headache to go in for substantial mods, the bigger the mods the bigger the target on your back.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 16:56   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paavan Shetty View Post
Hi Reinhard,
Please let me know how to rate a post! I know it's a dumb question, but I couldn't find any tab or anything to give my rating.
Its a drop down near the top right corner of a thread. Here you go -
(If you use mobile - use the "Desktop View" in Chrome to view all these options.)

Extreme xtreme! Force Gurkha Xtreme 4x4 ownership review-rateathread.jpg

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th February 2020 at 16:58.
Reinhard is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 17:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
I'll be attaching a picture of his ex-Thar so you can understand the level of modifications he did. Honestly, I've seen cars with a lot more modifications running on our roads
Indeed - this car looks pretty normal. Every other Thar on the road is much more modified than this unit. The bumper in fact is standard OEM off road accessory by Mahindra.
What strikes immediately though is what appears like to very powerful horns on the bumper. If the friend sounded them - anyone would pull him over.

In principal though - yes the mods surely should be "right" and not overboard.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 17:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Mohd Eza, on your new 'life style" vehicle Gurkha! Now that you have it, I bet you're discovering newer ways to get home from college/work!! You should start a thread called "RLT" (Road Less Traveled) Cock a snook at Google Maps and make your own map! Should hand it to you for choosing the Gurkha of all vehicles for an OTR price of ₹ 15.2L. Looks like the interiors need a lot of sprucing up, and also rims and AT tyres and of course a side step to climb aboard! From the pics I can see that you'll have no problems in parking the beast as there's a lot of vacant real estate all round and the "Gurkha beast" next to the "Toyota beauty" take's the cake.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 12th February 2020 at 17:27.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 17:23   #27
BHPian

Like others mentioned, you made a grand entry in style ! This is one of the rarest cars sold in our country, appreciated by a selected few. Do keep this post active with your experience and mods that you do to this beauty ! Rated *****
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 18:12   #28

Great post and an imposing start to your journey both with your new machine and Team BHP

Like someone said, a highly desirable vehicle and a very tough choice to make between the two (Thar & Gurkha).
Do you realize that everything starts now? May this journey brings you as much positive experience and unforgettable memories as it possibly can. Can’t wait to hear your amazing stories. Don’t forget to take pictures and fasten every seatbelt! Godspeed!
SaGa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 19:37   #29
BHPian

Congrats for your new car, nice write up. This one is one hell of a looker. If you are planning for some mods, do it for the interior. Enjoy your ride
RK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 20:24   #30
BHPian

Why is the snorkel on the Gurkha facing back? IIRC, most snorkels I have seen are facing forward to aid in sucking in air at highway speeds.

Most Viewed