Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th March 2020, 23:19   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Calling 911 - Our beloved Maruti Baleno Delta 1.2 MT Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_ritz View Post
Every car purchase is a balance between what your heart wants and what your wallet allows you. I am delighted you are at peace with your choice. I hope you enjoy your car and have some fantastic trips.
Thank you for such warm words, Akshay. Honestly, the day couldn't have ended on a better note.

Really overwhelmed. You're correct, it's only a few basics that everyone needs, rest all are mere gimmicks and their novelty doesn't last long either. Wish you happy miles with your XUV too buddy.
forester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 11:43   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. One observation that I always make for any Baleno passing by is how quiet the engine is. I can hardly tell its running. It surely has taken the crown away from Honda 1.5vtec for me at least.

The ONLY reason I did not go for Delta CVT during my car buying process was the thin metal sheet. It just dents too easily. Otherwise a gem of a car! One thing am not sure about is the engine. Is it still K series? I heard that Baleno got dualjet engine sometime back which is being offered in latest facelift Dzire as well?
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 12:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hi,

Congratulations on the car. Other than the light build, uncommunicative steering and the love it - loathe it look of the car, there is really not much that I can think of that is wrong with the Baleno. The K12 engine is an absolute gem - one of the best engines I've ever driven. The ride and interior space are strong points too.

The reliability is good and the after sales service of Maruti should keep you happy for a long time. I just hope Maruti now follows in the footsteps of Tata / Mahindra and builds safer products for us Indians.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 17:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Congrats on your purchase. One observation that I always make for any Baleno passing by is how quiet the engine is.

One thing am not sure about is the engine. Is it still K series? I heard that Baleno got dualjet engine sometime back which is being offered in latest facelift Dzire as well?
Thank you, @Maverick Avi. Yes, that's been my observation too. The engine is very refined. While it is still the K-series engine - the K12MN - you're right, Maruti has also introduced the new DualJet motor in the Delta and Zeta variants.

It would be a good option to have, given the auto start-stop system which is a boon at traffic signals, but, the Delta Smart Hybrid is around Rs 90,000 more expensive at the ex-showroom level. I think it kills the value-for-money aspect for most buyers, including me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Congratulations on the car. Other than the light build, uncommunicative steering and the love it - loathe it look of the car, there is really not much that I can think of that is wrong with the Baleno. The K12 engine is an absolute gem - one of the best engines I've ever driven. The ride and interior space are strong points too.

The reliability is good and the after sales service of Maruti should keep you happy for a long time.
Thank you, @Aditya. You're spot on about the engine, light build, space and the overall comfort on offer. Personally, I have always liked the looks and find it handsome. Look forward to a hassle-free ownership!
Old 26th March 2020, 01:52   #20
BHPian

Congrats buddy, just a suggestion, please do not use car cleaning guys, even with 2 MF cleaning cloths, swirls are a given. Best is to get a Jopasu, a waterless wash solution and dust the car daily, with a weekly waterless wash wipe down and a monthly pressure water wash.

Keeps the car shining without the annoying swirls
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 07:59   #21
BHPian

Congratulations, forester, on your new acquisition. Wish you many a happy mile.

I could sense a passion and pride and honesty in your writing. I must also congratulate Team-Bhp for being such a unique platform for people to share their genuine feelings so freely. I'm sure GTO must have sent your writing to the Homepage precisely for this reason.
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 09:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester View Post
Thank you, @docprashant. Are you an Air Force Bal Bharti alumnus?
Erstwhile Rai Public, now Banyan Tree school. AFBBS was our centre for XII board exams
docprashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 19:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Congrats buddy, just a suggestion, please do not use car cleaning guys, even with 2 MF cleaning cloths, swirls are a given. Best is to get a Jopasu, a waterless wash solution and dust the car daily, with a weekly waterless wash wipe down and a monthly pressure water wash.

Keeps the car shining without the annoying swirls
Thank you, @Stribog! Great suggestion there! It would be a perfect way to keep the swirls away. While I do clean it up myself a lot of times, I wish I had more time to do it daily. Hence, the cleaner. But, will try to do it your way. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Congratulations, forester, on your new acquisition. Wish you many a happy mile.

I could sense a passion and pride and honesty in your writing.
Thank you, @lejhoom! Glad, you liked the piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprashant View Post
Erstwhile Rai Public, now Banyan Tree school. AFBBS was our centre for XII board exams
Cool! Good to know, buddy!
Old 27th March 2020, 13:19   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, Might want to be aware of this car oversteering in certain situations, I had a bad experience and hope you keep this in mind. I borrowed a friends Baleno, the same version as your's and one day, took it out on a damp morning. On a slow right hand turn (about 45 km/h), I gave it gas mid turn, the front wheels spun and the back end stepped out; mind you, the road was damp, not wet. I tried to counter-steer it back into the lane with my foot on the brakes as I was heading to the bushes on the wrong side of the road, however the ABS did a fantastic job of giving back the directional stability and was able to bring it back to my track after spinning 90 degrees twice, right and left. Once the rear left tyre lost grip, the whole car was sliding all over the place, Honestly in my opinion, the stock tyres are really bad for a car this size, and my advice is to keep a slow pace on damp curvy roads especially since this car doesn't have ESP; and do consider upgrading to better tyres when possible.

Here are a few tips from my experience with the car :
a. If you like spirited driving, the car only comes to life post 3k RPM and you'll need to keep it in the higher rev range for overtaking and to make brisk progress, though it can get quite raspy inside at those engine speeds.
b. The stock speakers in my opinion are adequate and you can tune it well by setting the right eq on your phone itself.
c. The AC cools very well, I always set it to 22 or 23 degrees and hit the 'Auto' button, very useful as it even adjusts to the sunlight hitting the dash (there's a sensor there)
d. The horn could be better, I recommend upgrading to Bosch dual tone European horns.
e. A light foot on the pedal can easily get you an average of 18km/l, drive fast and you could pull that down to 10 or less than that.

Last edited by arun_m5 : 27th March 2020 at 13:31.
arun_m5 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed
How I bought myself a Porsche at 25 years old
The 10 worst Indian cars of the last decade
Mustang crashes into truck driver - shows no remorse
Don't be naive, all of this happens before your PDI
Polo GTI falls off a flyover captured on video
Miscreants assault me & my car - justice prevails