Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 17:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago XZA Review : A Roller Coaster Journey

Wonderful review ast.ggn. I suppose this is the first real world review of Tiago AMT which has crossed 50K kms. You have clearly highlighted the negatives and positives.

I too, own a Tiago XZA 2018 which completed 2 years recently. Its used by my father mostly and I have hardly used it for couple of months. However, our usage is not at all demanding. So, Tiago is chugging along nicely without any issues. Yet to cross 10k in odo.
There was a rattle from dashboard at specific rpm earlier, its gone now.

I agree with most of your points. I suppose for driving AMT's, we have to 'unlearn' a few things and 're-learn'. For instance, yes, we should't bury the throttle as soon as light turns green in signals, better just wait to auto creep kick in and then give a nudge. Or better, switch to manual mode while taking off. It works perfect in most of the cases.

In my opinion, engine performance is blunted due to weight issues. Tiago weighs almost 1 ton. Still, performs brisk in sports mode.

My showroom experience was average at best. Even average is a bit exaggeration. But, Tiago seemed a lot of value for money and I went ahead.

Happy further miles on your Tiago!
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 20:00   #17
BHPian

I liked Tiago when it came out initially and this time TATA people seemed to have done a pretty good job, wish they had dealt Bolt and Zest in the same way, but seems it needed some change at the top before things started falling in place at TATA Motors. With the 2020 update I feel Tiago feels even better, might I say best in the class and better than a few cars from a segment above. The JTP thing was good while it lasted, at least better then TAMO which felt like a bubble. Would have loved if TATA would have stuck a little longer with the supercar idea, or hoping at least someone revives it in future.

Wishing you both many more happy miles with your respective Tiagos.
samee_arian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 23:57   #18
BHPian

Brought back memories from Mumbai!

I owned an Tiago XZA (2018 to 2020) and it definitely solved for the trafficked drives. So practical. In addition, I feel (having owned an Indica a decade back), with a Tata, you have one less worry - scratches and dents. They seem to belong on a Tata. This made my regular JVLR drives (with all the autos) bearable!

My grudge against it was the seat though. Sitting in the driver's seat is akin to being perched on a wall - the seat ends halfway and you are way higher than you want to be!
DrSumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 07:20   #19
BHPian

Guys, the dashboard rattling is a problem with almost all Tata cars except the Hexa. Most of the time it's not the dashboard which rattles, there are two places. First the engine cover which may be loosely fixed and the second is the plastic grill/cover over the wiper area. If you want to confirm the source of your rattles, just do a tap test. Try tapping the wiper grill with your fist, you will clearly hear the rattle, likewise on a lose engine cover. Try doing the same on the dashboard, most likely there won't be a rattling noise.
The fix for the lose engine cover is to tighten it, for the lose wiper grill is to damp it with foam peices.
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 11:59   #20
BHPian

Dear Members

I own a 2019 Tiago XZA and have clocked around 9000kms on the ODO

This car has been giving me an almost constant issue of the ignition fuse blowing and preventing the car from starting at the most inopportune of times

Everytime I have reported this to the dealership from where I purchased, they send over a mechanic, he changes the 25A fuse in the picture and car starts. This has become such an issue that I now travel with a whole bunch of fuses not knowing what will go kaput when

The second issue I have noticed is the front-right wheel hub (I hope this is correct terminology for this part) is fully rusted already in 2 years time.

Are these normal issues? If not, then what can be done to fix them? Any advise would be great
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago XZA Review : A Roller Coaster Journey-tiago_wheel_hub.png  

Tata Tiago XZA Review : A Roller Coaster Journey-tiago_fuse.jpeg  

anand.shankar82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar82 View Post
Dear Members

I own a 2019 Tiago XZA and have clocked around 9000kms on the ODO
……
The second issue I have noticed is the front-right wheel hub (I hope this is correct terminology for this part) is fully rusted already in 2 years time.
Hi Anand, that rust around front wheel disc looks pretty normal. It will be gone once you drive. Seems your usage is pretty low which means more rust there.
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review and to be followed by those who are on the look out to buy a Tiago AMT. To be noted from your review: 1) I'd stay away from AMT's from most manufacturers, especially the Indian ones: Tata and Mahindra. 2) The engine is the weak point of the Tiago coupled with the unreliable AMT gear box adds to the problems. 3) It's made of good grade steel but not put together properly leading to rattles from door and dashboard. 4) Poor QC from the factory itself. 5) Service is a 'hit ya miss'! You've titled the review perfectly: it's indeed a rollercoaster ride.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 17:34   #23
BHPian

Time to update the thread after a long time. Car has covered 93k kms in over 5 years and 5 months ownership. Nothing major to report apart from few scratches/ dents here and there, courtesy NCR traffic. I will make a detailed post once 1 lac kms milestone is achieved.

Question: Is there any timing belt check or any other major check to be done or recommended at 1 lac km milestone? I couldn’t find anything in manual for petrol models. Diesels have belt, idler pulley, checks prescribed, but nothing for petrol engines. Thanks in advance.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks