Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th April 2020, 10:32   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Love at first sight : Two years with a Tata Nexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
Excellent write-up Sujoy! The car ticks all the right boxes, only demerit is what you have beautifully explained. Below 2000 rpm, it is jerky as hell and takes away all the driving pleasure. Other than that, it beats all the other cars in its segment is terms of built quality and features.

It is that one car, I was very inclined to own. I, for that matter, took the test drive thrice. Hoping that for once, it to give me that confidence in terms of drivability.
The Revotron Engine doesn't have enough power to propel the car in ECO mode if you drive it in City B2B traffic, City mode does very well in city traffic. You can go ahead and bring a Nexon home. I'm sure you won't regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
It's refreshing to hear about the Nexon in Revotron form than the regular revotorq usually.

Have you tried the Sport mode in the highways as you have mentioned it's always eco mode on the highways. how is the top end ?

Beautiful pics in the twilight and that passenger seat ! shot with a DSLR ?

Revv happily
Thank you for your lovely comments. I did try Sport Mode in Highways but when you have a longer stretch, free of congestion and driving at an uniform speed then I guess ECO mode does the job exceedingly well. That's my personal preference as I don't like to press the pedal hard and use Sport mode on highways all the time. Using Eco on highways is like a smooth sailing, which i love to enjoy. The pics are shot on DSLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by irajput View Post
Such a detailed and well written review!
And you have some great photography skills! Such great shots of the car.
I think engine wise the diesel fares better than the petrol when it comes to driving in the city especially with the Eco mode. I had never thought I would ever use the Eco mode but it's a boon. With Eco mode in the city I don't have to change gears frequently going over speed breakers or bad patches. On the Highway I purely use Sport mode as I want power on tap the moment I touch the pedal.

Wish you many many more happy miles with the car sir! ��
Yes buddy, the diesel engine is superior than the petrol one. I too used Sports mode while revving up the car couple of times. My best experience was on the runway strip on Lucknow Agra E-Way. Just pressed the pedal hard and let the rpm needle shot upto 6000 mark, i guess the car would have flown had it been fitted with wings. Nice experience with a luvly car.
Sujoy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 13:20   #17
BHPian

Hello Sujoy76,

That was an excellent write up on your 2 year experience with Tata Nexon. I have read your travellogues and find them extremely detailed and well written. Congratulations for choosing the right companion.

Incidentally my brother also purchased a Tata Hexa XT 4x2 MT from Dulichand Motors in 2019 Aug. The experience has been good as far as the car is concerned and satisfactory as far as after-sales-service is concerned. As per him it is comparable to Hyundai (Accent) service.

I still do not understand why many people still rate Tata's and Mahindra's after sales service as "Hit or Miss". I own a Mahindra XUV 500 and i rate its service much superior to Hyundai service that i used to experience for my Santro. And also much less costly.

Tata Nexon is a very very good CSUV in today's market. Wish you many many more years of enjoyable companionship.
SaurabhB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 00:31   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your car and the positive experience and memories that you've had with it. I personally feel that the Nexon looks way better than the Brezza and was happy that Tata was trying finally trying something different than just releasing the Indica and Safari in slightly different skins and just affixing a "Storm" or a "Vista" or just adding a boot to the and giving it a slightly different name.
I really liked the picture of the shark fin antenna with the moon in the background, looked great.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 19:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
That was an excellent write up on your 2 year experience with Tata Nexon. I have read your travellogues and find them extremely detailed and well written. Congratulations for choosing the right companion.
Thank you for your appreciation. I would say it's a mindset about TATA's service that's prevailing till date. You can't change every one's thinking about it and yes Nexon is the best VFM product in CSUV segment presently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvW.Rajat View Post
Congratulations on your car and the positive experience and memories that you've had with it. I personally feel that the Nexon looks way better than the Brezza and was happy that Tata was trying finally trying something different than just releasing the Indica and Safari in slightly different skins and just affixing a "Storm" or a "Vista" or just adding a boot to the and giving it a slightly different name.
I really liked the picture of the shark fin antenna with the moon in the background, looked great.
Thank you. Tata has reinvented itself sometimes back. They are bringing in products that can match the very best in todays market. It's only we need to look at it from a positive angle keeping aside our prevailing mindset about Tata's bad service and not so good cars.

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2020 at 17:37. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 20th April 2020, 09:06   #20
BHPian

Good to see a Nexon review after a long time. My Nexon XZ+ Diesel is also over 2 years old (got it in Feb'18) and has completed around 52k+ kms. Had the lock down not been there, i would have crossed 55k kms for sure. It is an excellent car for both city and highway drives. I travel between Noida and Gurgaon during off-peak timings and i consistently get 18+ kmpl in summers (with AC) and around 20 kmpl without AC. There have been times when i got 22+ kmpl. All these are t2t numbers.

The only thing that i hate about my Nexon is the low speed jiggly ride. The stiffer setup is responsible for this. Although, the same stiffer set-up gives excellent high speed stability.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 11:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Good to see a Nexon review after a long time. My Nexon XZ+ Diesel is also over 2 years old (got it in Feb'18) and has completed around 52k+ kms. Had the lock down not been there, i would have crossed 55k kms for sure. It is an excellent car for both city and highway drives. I travel between Noida and Gurgaon during off-peak timings and i consistently get 18+ kmpl in summers (with AC) and around 20 kmpl without AC. There have been times when i got 22+ kmpl. All these are t2t numbers.

The only thing that i hate about my Nexon is the low speed jiggly ride. The stiffer setup is responsible for this. Although, the same stiffer set-up gives excellent high speed stability.
The diesel Nexon is quite powerful than the Petrol one and i've heard from couple of my friends that even you can use ECO mode in city traffic. Apart from the engine configuration the overall fact remains same, nexon is a beauty and it's highspeed stability always acts as a confidence booster on highways. Infact there is one more ownership review about the diesel Nexon. That's much more informative.You can check that out too
Old 20th April 2020, 16:59   #22

One of the few ownership reviews of Nexon Petrol. I own one too and can't complain about it. Like most people mentioned in the thread, once you get rid of the preconceived notions about the brand and enjoy the car, the petrol Nexon is a very well built VFM offering. Sports mode improves on the FTD factor.

Negatives:

The bottom-end takes a bit getting used to, and I found the Eco mode pointless on Revotron. It's probably more useful for SAs to pitch the car to buyers who care the most about FE.

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2020 at 17:38.
Old 21st April 2020, 11:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodb View Post
Negatives: The bottom-end takes a bit getting used to, and I found the Eco mode pointless on Revotron. It's probably more useful for SAs to pitch the car to buyers who care the most about FE.
I fully agree with you. the pre-conceived mindset is what we need to come out of. No car is perfect if you try and start looking into every minute aspects meticulously but i find in case of a TATA car people perhaps take the word "meticulously" very very serously. Now coming to the second part of your comment, i won't like to put ECO mode in the negative basket. Nit-picking.
Sujoy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 15:21   #24
BHPian

Great thread ! I too am in a similar position. I currently own a 9 year old grey Beat which is now due for replacement and am seriously considering the Nexon as the replacement. I'm waiting to gather some more Vitamin M and simultaneously waiting to see if the new autobox is launched with the Nexon as well which rumours say is the case.
Or maybe even the Altroz with the turbo petrol and DCT.
The only thing bumming me out is that I will have to get a sunroof if I want to buy the top end which I absolutely do not want as it is another point of failure.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 21:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Great thread ! I too am in a similar position. I currently own a 9 year old grey Beat which is now due for replacement and am seriously considering the Nexon as the replacement. I'm waiting to gather some more Vitamin M and simultaneously waiting to see if the new autobox is launched with the Nexon as well which rumours say is the case.
Or maybe even the Altroz with the turbo petrol and DCT.
The only thing bumming me out is that I will have to get a sunroof if I want to buy the top end which I absolutely do not want as it is another point of failure.
Gr8 to know you are also driving a Beat and lil bit correction. It's Sandrift Grey. Vitamin M is the most important criteria and i would suggest you to wait a bit, Nexon may come out with some more options. Don't worry about the sunroof, u may gradually start loving it.
Old 22nd April 2020, 15:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy76 View Post
Gr8 to know you are also driving a Beat and lil bit correction. It's Sandrift Grey. Vitamin M is the most important criteria and i would suggest you to wait a bit, Nexon may come out with some more options. Don't worry about the sunroof, u may gradually start loving it.
Yeah I thought about typing Sandrift but got lazy
That's right. Purchasing a new car is not a priority right now so I will hold off for some time, maybe even till next year and complete 10 years of ownership ! Let's see how the auto Nexon turns out and also when. I might even consider the Hornbill HBX if the package is decent as that size car is more suitable to my needs.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 16:41   #27

Brilliantly written and very well detailed Sujoy da! Wish you countless more happy miles with your beloved Falcon. Have always admired your travelogues and specially your fantastic photography (which I get to see beforehand on our 'TNT' group ). Keep it up!
G.Harry is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 21:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
Brilliantly written and very well detailed Sujoy da! Wish you countless more happy miles with your beloved Falcon. Have always admired your travelogues and specially your fantastic photography (which I get to see beforehand on our 'TNT' group ). Keep it up!
Thank you bro. I would say it's one of many positive attributes of TNT. It's a joy to be on the roads with falcon. Good to see you being from kolkata and member of TNT.

Most Viewed