Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 01:57   #16
BHPian

Re: My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5L Diesel

Nice review & congratulations on the Ecosport. The Ecosport is an ever green car, doesn't seem to age even after 7 years of its launch. The 2018 facelift was more than a simple facelift, it was almost like a new car (cosmetically & feature wise). We have a 2016 Ecosport titanium + TDCi in our home, has done around 70k km. So far the journey has been awesome, the car has been very reliable & easy on the pocket (maintenance wise). As for the clutch being hard, it got progressively hard in our car. After 55k km it became too hard, finally got it replaced at 66k km. Our previous car was a Fiat Punto MJD (same engine as your Ciaz), the clutch on the Punto was easily lighter than the Ecosport. I personally find the AC very strong in the Ecosport, it cools down the cabin instantly despite the lack of rear AC vents.

A friend of mine has an early 2018 Ecosport Titanium with the 1.5L dragon engine. The engine on that car is no doubt good, but the issue with this engine is low fuel efficiency. The TDCi on the other hand gives good mileage & is only priced around 30-40k more than the petrol. So for the Ecosport, diesel makes more sense to me, even with the current price difference between diesel & petrol. His car has the same alloys as yours, it seems alloy wheel design wasn't changed for the Titanium variant.

Photo of the alloy:

My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5L Diesel-ecosport-2018.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 29th April 2020 at 02:09.
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 10:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Nice review & congratulations on the Ecosport.
Thank you chiranjitp.

Quote:
A friend of mine has an early 2018 Ecosport Titanium with the 1.5L dragon engine. The engine on that car is no doubt good, but the issue with this engine is low fuel efficiency. The TDCi on the other hand gives good mileage & is only priced around 30-40k more than the petrol. So for the Ecosport, diesel makes more sense to me, even with the current price difference between diesel & petrol.
Yes Diesel Ecosport makes sense even if your running is less than 13,000kms a year.
Quote:
His car has the same alloys as yours, it seems alloy wheel design wasn't changed for the Titanium variant.
The design of the alloys even in the 2020 Titanium variant is the same but now in the BS6 variant they are finished in dark grey shade.
Sahilrai166 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 10:42   #18
BHPian

Lovely review of a wonderful car! Its also good you got the car before the interior trims were changed to beige, I personally prefer the black interiors. It's also nice to see somebody pointing out the positives on the FlyAudio system while most others don't.

One thing I wanted to mention is regarding the AC. Have you tried keeping the car in Auto A/C mode with the temperature set to around 22 or 23? Since, I feel the car cools much faster and better in the Auto A/C mode rather than using the normal mode. Try it and see whether this makes a difference.

I love the canyon ridge colour too and wanted it badly for my S, but wifey wanted blue only and that's what I ended up with. You should definitely go for chrome delete and blackening of trims around foglamps and roof. It will surely do justice to the lovely colour of your car.

Lastly, congratulations for your car and wish you many more happy miles with it!
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 11:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Ford always boasts about their cooling in the Figo but sadly I dont think so. Our Baleno and the Ciaz have better cooling compared to the Ecosport. Now dont get me wrong the A/C in the Ecosport is good but the placement of the vents are bullshit. The vents in the center are too low and the absence of rear blower is a big omission. The A/C takes it's own sweet time to cool in a bright sunny day this might be only in my case because the park the car in sunlight due to the absence of a dedicated parking slot in my college and because of the dark interiors the cabin becomes just too hot. My mom always complains about the cooling in the rear. The A/C vent on the driver side is just useless all the air is blocked behind the steering wheel and the air comes only to your hands and not the face. But once the A/C cools up then it's a bone chiller.
Spot on observation. Ford does boast a lot about their A/c performance and people also vouch for it on many forums but I too have felt that its not that superior from all Maruti's that I have owned. On a hot day it does take its time but once its up there then it has the potential to chill more.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 12:20   #20
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited, please use Edit option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Lovely review of a wonderful car! Its also good you got the car before the interior trims were changed to beige, I personally prefer the black interiors. It's also nice to see somebody pointing out the positives on the FlyAudio system while most others don't.
Thank you tp_dominator. Even I prefer all black interiors in a fun to drive car like the Ecosport.
Quote:
One thing I wanted to mention is regarding the AC. Have you tried keeping the car in Auto A/C mode with the temperature set to around 22 or 23? Since, I feel the car cools much faster and better in the Auto A/C mode rather than using the normal mode. Try it and see whether this makes a difference.
I've tried this method as well. But will check it out again. The main problem is the position of A/C vents. Don't you feel that the air flow from the driver side air con vents are blocked by the stocks and the steering wheel and the cool air dosen't reach upto the face.

Quote:
I love the canyon ridge colour too and wanted it badly for my S, but wifey wanted blue only and that's what I ended up with. You should definitely go for chrome delete and blackening of trims around foglamps and roof. It will surely do justice to the lovely colour of your car.
Will get the roof wrap and grill wrap done once the lockdown gets over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Spot on observation. Ford does boast a lot about their A/c performance and people also vouch for it on many forums but I too have felt that its not that superior from all Maruti's that I have owned. On a hot day it does take its time but once its up there then it has the potential to chill more.
Both of my other Suzuki cars cools up the cabin much faster than the Ecosport.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th April 2020 at 12:36.
Old 3rd May 2020, 18:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
I initially felt the same difference between my Swift and Figo, later found that on the Figo I had to keep the ACC 2 degrees lower to get the same cooling effect.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:28   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your Ecosport. It is a wonderful car altogether. Mine has done 170000 km and it’s still on original clutch and only a single tyre change. Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2020 at 06:21. Reason: Space after punctuation marks, Ecosport.
Old 4th May 2020, 12:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustom Mistry View Post
Congrats on your Ecosport. It is a wonderful car altogether. Mine has done 170000 km and it’s still on original clutch and only a single tyre change. Thanks.
Thank you sir. I guess your car is driven very carefully 1,70,000kms and just a single tyre change is just fantastic.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2020 at 06:22. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Old 16th May 2020, 00:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustom Mistry View Post
CCongrats on your Ecosport. It is a wonderful car altogether. Mine has done 170000 km and it’s still on original clutch and only a single tyre change. Thanks.

I have a 2013 Ecosport TDCi which has run 1,63,500 Kms.

3rd set of tyres.

Stock clutch lasted me till about 85,000 kms and the SA said, he hasn't seen Ecosport clutch lasting this long. Your 170K on stock clutch is insane ! Do you take it out only for Highway drives ?

I have done a major overhaul @ 145k kms,
Had to replace pistons(White smoke and was drinking oil) and 3 of the fuel injectors.

Remapped the ECU and switched to Michelins - Rebirth for my ecosport.

Planning to keep it for another 3-4 years.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2020 at 06:23. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
revv_maniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 11:30   #25
BHPian

My ecosports is usually 90 percent highway driven.It is still running on stock clutch but so has the case been with all my cars till date.
Presently I am using Pirelli tyres with stock size.
Further this car has never been aligned as I get it aligned only if the car pulls on one side.
The air pressure is kept 34 psi for all the tyres.
Even I intend to keep the car for many more years. thanks
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5L Diesel-f4f506bb1fcc4f92a2e48350c8146fa8.jpeg  

Rustom Mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 18:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post

I have a 2013 Ecosport TDCi which has run 1,63,500 Kms.

3rd set of tyres.

Remapped the ECU and switched to Michelins - Rebirth for my ecosport.

Planning to keep it for another 3-4 years.
I believe your's is a 90bhp Ecosport. How's the performance after the remap and if you dont mind can you mention the cost of the remap.
Old 17th May 2020, 02:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
I believe your's is a 90bhp Ecosport. How's the performance after the remap and if you dont mind can you mention the cost of the remap.
Yup, it's the 90Bhp one and it was 25k for stage 1+ from Wolfmoto , the car feels sprightly and turbo lag is non existent now. Mid range punch is quite good and feels like a new car to drive. Would definitely recommend a remap if you are not happy with the stock car's performance.
revv_maniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 21:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nicely written Review, Sahil. Congratulations and wish you many happy miles with your Ecosport.

Having experienced Sync1 in my 16 Figo Titanium+, I can say it is one of Ford's strong points (Sync 3 especially) and it is sad that Ford doesn't market it or offer it in the lower variants. In the Figo triplets, it is not on offer anymore.

It is god to see Cauvery Ford has started delivering cars from their Kottara showroom. In between, they had stopped the practice and were delivering new cars from their Padil showroom only.

Cauvery Ford's service is great too. Good, honest and friendly bunch of people at their Baikampady workshop. The Works Manager - Mr Nithin and service advisor Mr Swasthik are especially good. They mostly stick to the service estimate mentioned on the Ford Service Ptomise website. My only advice, stay away from any body shop related work at their workshop and get any paint related job done outside. They tend to struggle to get paint related work right at the first attempt.
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 20:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Nicely written Review, Sahil. Congratulations and wish you many happy miles with your Ecosport.

Having experienced Sync1 in my 16 Figo Titanium+, I can say it is one of Ford's strong points (Sync 3 especially) and it is sad that Ford doesn't market it or offer it in the lower variants. In the Figo triplets, it is not on offer anymore.

It is god to see Cauvery Ford has started delivering cars from their Kottara showroom. In between, they had stopped the practice and were delivering new cars from their Padil showroom only.

Cauvery Ford's service is great too. Good, honest and friendly bunch of people at their Baikampady workshop. The Works Manager - Mr Nithin and service advisor Mr Swasthik are especially good. They mostly stick to the service estimate mentioned on the Ford Service Ptomise website. My only advice, stay away from any body shop related work at their workshop and get any paint related job done outside. They tend to struggle to get paint related work right at the first attempt.
Thank you sir for your well wishes and advices as I wasn't aware of their body shop and paint work related issues.
Old 17th July 2020, 14:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
I wasn't aware of their body shop and paint work related issues.
If you wish to read about it, the poor paint job episode has been described here (Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold)

In all other service and support related aspects, Cauvery Ford is extremely good. But their bodyshop is simply not upto the mark. I hope you never have to get any paint related work done at their bodyshop, but if you have to, inspect the car thoroughly before accepting the car.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks