Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2020, 13:24   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 2 years with an Audi A4 - Living my dream

I also had bought my Octavia around that time after considering Audi S5 and A4 but from what I recall they had nothing bigger than 1.4L which was a big issue for me. The A4 was similar to Octavia in a lot of ways and I would have loved a powerful A4 "1.8/2.0 TSI" but their showroom people had no idea when that would come.

They did offer the S5 for quite a nice price since I had kinda booked the Octavia RS "Before 1.8 TSI conversion & since Audi and Skoda dealership were the same people"

Edit : Here is the thread (Octavia 1.8 TSI vs BMW 330i GT vs Audi S5)

Last edited by Brishti : 21st April 2020 at 13:28.
Old 21st April 2020, 17:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
I also had bought my Octavia around that time after considering Audi S5 and A4 but from what I recall they had nothing bigger than 1.4L which was a big issue for me. The A4 was similar to Octavia in a lot of ways and I would have loved a powerful A4 "1.8/2.0 TSI" but their showroom people had no idea when that would come.
It’s good you did not wait because the 1.8/2.0 A4 never happened in India. Octavia is a wonderful car, my cousin bought it last month and I love the park assist and all digital instrument cluster in it.

I did not consider the A5/S5 because of lower headroom in the rear and we have two 6-footers in the family, even though I loved the frameless doors on them. But just out of curiosity, why you did not consider superb over Octavia ?
Old 21st April 2020, 18:04   #18

Great review! We have the same car in Mythos Black.

I agree with your opinion totally, the A4 is the most all-rounded and well finished car in the segment and hence we chose it too. Contrary to popular opinion of BHPians, I find it is a much better product than the C class too, which a friend owns and I have driven extensively and honestly, is inferior to the older generation C as well.
The material and build quality, fit and finish, interior quality, ride comfort, refinement, practicality and insulation of the A4 are way superior. The 3 definitely drives better, the C looks better, but overall the A4 trumps both of them as the most well engineered and special feeling product. The more you live with it, the more you adore it!

Last edited by ProximaCentauri : 21st April 2020 at 18:17. Reason: Minor changes
ProximaCentauri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 21:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximaCentauri View Post
Great review! We have the same car in Mythos Black.

I agree with your opinion totally, the A4 is the most all-rounded and well finished car in the segment and hence we chose it too. Contrary to popular opinion of BHPians, I find it is a much better product than the C class too, which a friend owns and I have driven extensively and honestly, is inferior to the older generation C as well.
The material and build quality, fit and finish, interior quality, ride comfort, refinement, practicality and insulation of the A4 are way superior. The 3 definitely drives better, the C looks better, but overall the A4 trumps both of them as the most well engineered and special feeling product. The more you live with it, the more you adore it!
Thanks Proxima. And I completely agree with you on that, A4 is a very well rounded packages. Looks are subjective and I prefer it over the C-class. 3 series is great for that sporty and spirited ride but then its now what you always want. On a highway and on long drives, A4 has been a very comfortable cruiser and it keeps on munching miles without a sweat.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 21:54   #20

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Great Review buddy.

This was the one in Diesel I was sold on and had my eyes set on, I wanted their Blood Red bright coloured but that colour apparently was no more in production and then the other Metallic Red, very close to buying A4 Diesel but finally settled for C220 in Black by the time i finally decided to buy, C Class was available in higher state of tune and that was 1 reason why i made almost a last minute change
Old 3rd May 2020, 22:24   #21
BHPian

Audi and VAG group have extremely well built cars and engines but they’ve faltered in their business strategies and product positioning. I really hope that 2020 and beyond they come back into the market strongly. This would not only provide great options to new buyers but also give fuel to the after sales which will help existing customers like yourself.

Car looks great in black, wishing you the best!
Old 10th May 2020, 11:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Great Review buddy.

This was the one in Diesel I was sold on and had my eyes set on, I wanted their Blood Red bright coloured but that colour apparently was no more in production and then the other Metallic Red, very close to buying A4 Diesel but finally settled for C220 in Black by the time i finally decided to buy, C Class was available in higher state of tune and that was 1 reason why i made almost a last minute change
Thanks Puneet. C class is a beautiful car inside and out, Congrats for your purchase. As mentioned in my review, I ruled it out mainly for the spare wheel eating up the boot as travelling comfortably with luggage of 4 was a must for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesnat View Post
Audi and VAG group have extremely well built cars and engines but they’ve faltered in their business strategies and product positioning. I really hope that 2020 and beyond they come back into the market strongly. This would not only provide great options to new buyers but also give fuel to the after sales which will help existing customers like yourself.

Car looks great in black, wishing you the best!
Thanks Reensat! Rightly said the business strategies of VAG group has been totally a miss for the Indian market from last couple of years. Hoping to see them do better in coming years. I agree if they make the 2.0 strategy work, a lot of customers including me will happily buy a T-Cross or T-Roc to upgrade from Polo.

P.S. The car is blue, but I won't blame you because it looks black especially at night.

Most Viewed