Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2020, 15:43   #31
BHPian

Re: My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
- Beginning and end year of production for this 3rd-gen model of the Honda city? (arrow shot is what they called the design)

- Did this gen come with passenger airbag?

- City use mileage of the AT?
- 2008 to 2014.

- Yes, even the base Executive trim came with dual front airbags as standard.

- ~12.0 to 13.5 KMPL.

Go for the 2012 refresh as it came with marginally improved GC.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 16:19   #32
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Go for the 2012 refresh as it came with marginally improved GC.
Do you know what maximum warranty coverage Honda provides for older cars like a 2012/2013 model?

It might not be a sensible option to buy the warranty but a the peace of mind for the first year of ownership might just be worth it.
Old 19th May 2020, 18:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Do you know what maximum warranty coverage Honda provides for older cars like a 2012/2013 model?

It might not be a sensible option to buy the warranty but a the peace of mind for the first year of ownership might just be worth it.
I’m not sure about that, as it varies between dealerships. Here’s Honda’s official used car dealership AutoTerrace: https://www.hondaautoterrace.com/

I recommend checking a couple of other dealers (True Value, First Choice etc.) too, for the maximum bang for the buck. Be prepared to be quoted atrocious price tags, but that’s the trade off one has to make for a warranty (as against buying privately).

I also recommend your friend take the help of a few BHP-ians if they’re willing, in narrowing down a car.
Old 20th May 2020, 10:36   #34
BHPian

There was an immaculately maintained, doctor owned 2013 maroon colour car available with just 19000kms on the odo going for a mouth watering price a few weeks back. It’s not impossible if you look hard for a good example. Even if you do get one with a high mileage there are barely any reliability issues. A relative has a 2 lac plus kms and counting 2009 model and is still running absolutely fine. Thanks to @GTO I have become a sucker for pre owned cars and keep looking for bargain deals just Incase something shows up especially in these Covid times. Go for it, u won’t regret.

Ps can someone help me with the pioneer system problem?
Old 28th May 2020, 02:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza123 View Post
Thanks to @GTO I have become a sucker for pre owned cars and keep looking for bargain deals just Incase something shows up especially in these Covid times. Go for it, u won’t regret.
I'm in the used market too, was confused between a Vento, Verna and a City before, but reading a couple of threads has me shifting to City.

I love the VW designs, a real sucker for clean ones, but I guess I would need to keep that aside; City seems a tasty proposition!!

P.S: Is it okay if I ask some buying decision related questions here?
Old 28th May 2020, 08:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
I'm in the used market too, was confused between a Vento, Verna and a City before, but reading a couple of threads has me shifting to City.

I love the VW designs, a real sucker for clean ones, but I guess I would need to keep that aside; City seems a tasty proposition!!

P.S: Is it okay if I ask some buying decision related questions here?
Always better to check out all the options you have in mind , you never know which one you may land up liking more especially in the pre owned space. A well kept vento would be far more desirable than a beat up city.

But yes go for a car that tugs at your heart strings. That’s what exactly the city does for me. Infact after 3 4 years or whenever am ready to upgrade am planning to keep the city and let my wife use it, instead of buying a new Kwid we were thinking of her. My next upgrade would be an equally legendary engine /gearbox combo. Did someone say 1.8 tsi/dsg

Please feel free to post your questions and I’ll try my best to answer them

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th May 2020 at 08:35. Reason: typo
Old 28th May 2020, 08:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Please feel free to post your questions and I’ll try my best to answer them
Thank You for letting me here;

I came across these Honda City, all 2012 facelift version.

1) 15xxx KMs/4.85L/V-AT
2) 29xxx KMs/4.65L/V-AT
3) 34xxx KMs/4.75L/V-MT(Sunroof)

These are the immediate choices I have.

The car would be pre-dominantly a weekend/touring car, and hence I want a trouble free ownership and hence the grudgingly change of decision from a Vento to a City.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Old 28th May 2020, 10:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You for letting me here;

I came across these Honda City, all 2012 facelift version.

1) 15xxx KMs/4.85L/V-AT
2) 29xxx KMs/4.65L/V-AT
3) 34xxx KMs/4.75L/V-MT(Sunroof)

These are the immediate choices I have.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Wrong way to go about it if you ask me
First ask yourself if you want a manual or an auto.
Also check out all 3 cars in person. Take a friendly mechanic along and test drive them extensively. You can even send them to an authorised service center for a scan. They would be able to tell you the exact health of the vehicle insurance claims etc. Interior and exteriors can be done up, but a mechanical problem especially a serious one maybe hard to fix and expensive as well.
Take a look and don’t be hasty.
Old 28th May 2020, 10:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Take a look and don’t be hasty.
Can I PM you somewhere, if you don't mind? I don't want to spam here with multiple conversations over a single purchase.
Old 5th June 2020, 21:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Can I PM you somewhere, if you don't mind? I don't want to spam here with multiple conversations over a single purchase.
You can always msg here! It would be fun to help you out!
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 22:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
You can always msg here! It would be fun to help you out!
Hello, I took the plunge and got the 2012 Honda City V-AT AVN model. Got a fair deal, hopefully it turns out to be a steal deal throughout the ownership.

I got the car checked through an authorised service center, and only immediate issues are that brake pads are only 2mm left, and battery water has gone black, as to what the SA said, rest of the car is in top shape, a minor couple of squeaking here and there. Would get them sorted during the next immediate service.

According to the service records, the car was last serviced in February before the first owner sold her off.

Coming over to the brake pads, do I get them cheaper from outside rather than buying from Honda SVC?

I would love some links if I can get them cheaper from outside source (of course, provided they're OEM)

Also, I want to upgrade the lights, headlights, and possibly cabin lights to LED and parking and fog lamps to LED too. Can anybody please point me in the right direction?

I am yet to receive the owner's manual, hence not informed about the specification of the lights. Looking forward, thank you.
Old 5th July 2020, 13:39   #42

Extremely delighted to see a thread active on the Fifth Gen Honda City in 2020!!

I own a 2012 Honda City V-MT AVN, which I bought from the first owner back in May 2019. Its just been over an year for me and this car is a gem!! Wanted to own this beauty all the while but the Fifth Gen is by far my favorite generation among all.

Though of posting few pics from my drives last year (2020 duh!) below.

From driving about 6000kms from May last year, this car is a good bid even comparing today's car which you get for that price. The car drives well planted and sturdy at high speeds and smooth for bumper-bumper traffic. The features are ofcourse a bit old but not that far behind even for 2020 (cruise control, Touchscreen infotainment, 2 Airbags).

Regarding upgrades, the headlight bulbs are first on the list. After reading few threads it seems headlights are a common issue among owners for this model. Am confused as I can read mixed opinions on the Philips bulbs. Has anyone used anything else and recommended for use? Am also looking for reflectors for the rear bumper. One of my reflector broke on Jan this year when an Auto wanted to inspect my car upclose !! Am planning to change them to actual lights connected to our rear lights. Can anyone point me to the direction for buying this (am in Bangalore, btw). I have seen few in Amazon, but none specifies its for the Fifth Gen!

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img_20190601_1655240101.jpg  

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img_20191007_14073001.jpg  

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img_20190908_1115270101.jpeg  

HolyStig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 14:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStig View Post
Extremely delighted to see a thread active on the Fifth Gen Honda City in 2020!!

I own a 2012 Honda City V-MT AVN,
Your car is not a fifth gen but a Gen3 Facelift.
There is an active thread on Team Bhp for the Gen5 city that has just come to India in 2020.
Old 5th July 2020, 16:00   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratyush2407 View Post
Your car is not a fifth gen but a Gen3 Facelift.
There is an active thread on Team Bhp for the Gen5 city that has just come to India in 2020.
Oops! I guess I understood it wrong then. Thanks for clarifying bro.

Quote:
After doing some research for about a month or so after getting the car I finally decided on a bunch of accessories I wanted. Nothing too flashy or loud just some subtle ones

LED DRLs
I used to always love having DRLs but never got around to fixing them on the i20. I was determined to get the best ones for the Silver arrow and went in for branded Osram ones. They were very steeply priced compared to the Chinese ones but came with 2 years warranty. Using them for 2 years now and no issues till date

LED DRLs in the dark
Attachment 1997869

LED DRLs in daylight
Attachment 1997874

Headlamp Upgrade
Upgraded the headlamps as the stock bulbs were useless. Went in for Philips Led bulbs. They were plug and play and required no alteration to the wiring. Also upgraded the parking lights to LEDs to match the colour tone of the headlamps

Led headlamps
Attachment 1997870

Bumper Lights
Thrown in for free as a discount. Not sure if I like them or not and may not replace them if they blow.
They are Chinese of course and have been lasted me since 2 years no issues so far.

Attachment 1997871

Illuminated Door Sills
Now this was something that I really wanted to get for a long time for 2 reasons. One it really looks amazing in the dark. And two my parking sometimes is in complete darkness and you often land up missing the step into the car. I was not getting one for my car and the original Honda ones were a steep 6000 with only the front ones being illuminated. Got these at another accessory shop for a cheap 1500. They are Chinese and are doing well for upwards of a year now.

Front door
Attachment 1997872

Rear door
Attachment 1997873

Tyres
Once I got the car home the tyre change was priority as one of the tyres was continuously leaking air. Did some research and on this forum the most suggest upgrade was 195 sections. Went in for Michelin Primacy 3st tyres. Not a single puncture in the last 2 years. /15000kms of usage.
Attachment 1997875

Blessed
Not really an accessory but equally important are blessing from the Almighty and our priests. Also, that white car is from a time when I did not actually own a car.
Attachment 1997904
The rear-bumper light I was looking for is this one!! Can you guide me where its available? Thanks in advance.
Old 14th July 2020, 14:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
I upgraded bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision H4 but the improvement is nowhere close to the claimed 130%!
Unless you want white light, best would be to upgrade to 100/90 halogen H4 bulbs. Nothing beats them in light output and the cost involved is considerably less than LEDs. Downside is, if your night time usage is high then reflectors can burn up and need replacement after 7-8 yrs of use.
asethi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks