Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 13:09   #91
BHPian

Re: My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
What a great website you shared, thank you!
Are the spares on here OEM or sourced from some other non OEM vendor?
You have both options, it will clearly mention whether the product is OEM or not.

This catalogue is linked to boodmo (in fact I found it via boodmo's OEM catalogue option), and my experience has generally been good, but wait times can be long in some cases.

Items quoted as, "fulfilled by boodmo" arrive the fastest, while others may take time depending on availability, and whether it is placed as back order.

Protip: Always and I mean always, make a video of the product you are unboxing. It makes the return process so much easier if you have clear evidence that product was bad out of the box. Boodmo website mentions the same as well.

Last edited by ibisbrew : 30th December 2021 at 13:10. Reason: Grammar
ibisbrew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:10   #92
BHPian

Time for an update after a long long time.
The silver arrow is doing well and have had no problems whatsoever. It was also due for its 60k service and it proved to be a major one

All filters and oils including the tc gearbox oil change
Brake pads changed
Lower arm changed
Link Rods changed
There was also a slight rattle ( first one in a nearly 10 year old car. My dad's Jazz and father in laws CRv both being less than 2 year old rattle much more. Speak tons of this city's quality ) from the driver side. I got the rubber beading changed and it's nearly gone but not entirely. I did not want them to open the door pad so left it at that. With music on u can't hear it at all.

Also the battery had got weak being a 5 year old battery I replaced it with an Amaron one from outside
Did the wheel balancing and alignment along with the rotation of tires as well.

Total expenses around 35k. Seems ok considering the age and work done. This is the first time I have spent more than 6k on it in the 4 years of ownership I have had it.

At the service center

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img20220517wa0027.jpg

In for wheel balancing
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-20220410_143440.jpg

Am also planning to get a couple of panels touched up and redone and a deep clean inside and out.

Until next time
Hamza123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 12:58   #93
BHPian

Can someone tell me the recommended engine oil for this model? I own the 2013 V MT in the same Albaster Silver shade. Thinking whether to stick to Honda ASS or get the servicing done at an FNG.
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img20220522wa0026.jpg  

Old 19th January 2023, 12:53   #94
BHPian

@Hamza123 I have been following this thread for a long time, been a avid reader but recently was applied and was accepted as a member, I am in the market for the same gen Honda city as yours, peculiar about 2013 and low running. I even contacted Shreevas motors to enquire if they have one in stock, but they currently have a 2014, CNG fitted one. Since the generation and the design changed, I let it pass. I have been enquiring with local dealers, spinny and olx too but the valuations aren't justified. I even have made a list of things I plan on changing based out of your inputs on the thread, incase if you feel like parting away (I know you won't) please let me know. In the meanwhile could you please help me with the FNG details so I can make the changes once I finalize on the car. Please excuse me if I am not following any forum rule, this being the 1st post I will improve. Thank you.
Old 24th January 2023, 18:33   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_honda View Post
@Hamza123 I have been following this thread for a long time, been a avid reader but recently was applied and was accepted as a member, I am in the market for the same gen Honda city as yours, peculiar about 2013 and low running. I even contacted Shreevas motors to enquire if they have one in stock, but they currently have a 2014, CNG fitted one. Since the generation and the design changed, I let it pass. I have been enquiring with local dealers, spinny and olx too but the valuations aren't justified. I even have made a list of things I plan on changing based out of your inputs on the thread, incase if you feel like parting away (I know you won't) please let me know. In the meanwhile could you please help me with the FNG details so I can make the changes once I finalize on the car. Please excuse me if I am not following any forum rule, this being the 1st post I will improve. Thank you.
Thank you for your kind words
You are right. Seeing the car prices these days, along with the problems in brand new cars in just is not worth parting with it. I did think about it a while back when the Slavia and Virtus were launched but the ac and gearbox problems made me think and drop the plan eventually. It's super super smooth super refined and zero problems.and not a single rattle in a 10 year old car. Where do we get such quality these days. Knock on wood. It's approaching the 60k mark and will be due for its yearly service soon. I have also planned to get the interior and exterior touched up and detailed .
Keep an eye on olx and other dealer networks in your area. You can also try at Honda incase someone has exchanged one.
I'll personally let u know if someone is selling. Or if I ever change my mind. You are from poona and u can personally come over and check it out.
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 19:49   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza123 View Post
Thank you for your kind words
You are right. Seeing the car prices these days, along with the problems in brand new cars in just is not worth parting with it. I did think about it a while back when the Slavia and Virtus were launched but the ac and gearbox problems made me think and drop the plan eventually. It's super super smooth super refined and zero problems.and not a single rattle in a 10 year old car. Where do we get such quality these days. Knock on wood. It's approaching the 60k mark and will be due for its yearly service soon. I have also planned to get the interior and exterior touched up and detailed .
Keep an eye on olx and other dealer networks in your area. You can also try at Honda incase someone has exchanged one.
I'll personally let u know if someone is selling. Or if I ever change my mind. You are from poona and u can personally come over and check it out.

Thank you for your reply and help, I really appreciate it, I have been looking around for a month now, I guess have to wait a little longer to find the closest match, I even enrolled a service (AutoGenius) where they specifically engage their team to look out for a car in the market that suits my requirement, hoping to get some good leads from them since they do their own 230+ checks (claimed) before they shortlist a car. All in all I am supposed to check out a few cars that I shortlisted, one is from Mumbai but I have parked that option for now, incase if I don't get a match in a month I may proceed with the car from Mumbai.
Old 20th February 2023, 14:59   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie_honda View Post
Thank you for your reply and help, I really appreciate it, I have been looking around for a month now, I guess have to wait a little longer to find the closest match, I even enrolled a service (AutoGenius) where they specifically engage their team to look out for a car in the market that suits my requirement, hoping to get some good leads from them since they do their own 230+ checks (claimed) before they shortlist a car. All in all I am supposed to check out a few cars that I shortlisted, one is from Mumbai but I have parked that option for now, incase if I don't get a match in a month I may proceed with the car from Mumbai.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi team, Newbie here as a member, been following TBHP as a viewer/reader since a long time.

Since this being one of the most active threads around the 3rd gen city, posting a query here. I did mention about buying a preowned city and after reading very good experiences about it all over I had made up my mind (although no such requirement for an additional car but the 3rd gen has been a dream since childhood). I engaged a team to look for a city that fits my criteria (2012/13, odo less than 50k, first owner, non accidental and detailed service history. After 3 weeks of search 4 options were shortlisted, after test driving them the one that I liked the most was the one that had 99k on its odo. The team recommended this is the one to consider.

Details -
Honda City VMT

First owner
Color - Carnelian Red Pearl
Pune passing
September 2012 model
Insurance till Sept 2023
Genuine 99k kms done
21 Periodic maintenance history (all with Authorized Service center)
16 general repair (all with Authorized Service center)
Front and back Bumper repainted
Right rear quarter panel (dent and paint, no replacement of part)
Clutch will last another 30k (dealer says its replaced, a friend who is into preowned cars business says it may not be replaced but will last 30k)
Discs will last another 12-15k
Earth 1 installed in 2020, will last another 12-15k
Good seat covers
No accidental claims
Front suspensions were replaced (not sure when, but they are not the ones that came with the vehicle)
dashboard will be painted black, gear lever leather will be changed alongwith new battery (all by dealer in the cost)
No errors on OBD scan

Being the top end model car has
Cruise control
Front fog lamps
Chrome handle bars
Alloy wheels
Dual airbags and abs
There’s no loan on the car

Dealer asking price 3.9,
My friend gave the go ahead too.

Since being my first purchase I wanted to ensure is there anything I should be looking for apart from what I shared above? Thinking of getting details for (General repair) records.

Apologies if I missed a rule while posting this.
Old 20th February 2023, 15:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:
... It was also due for its 60k service and it proved to be a major one

All filters and oils including the tc gearbox oil change
Hi @Hamza123, Missed to read this update before. Can you share the TC gearbox oil specifications (I guess it might be on the service bill if you have it)?

I will need to send mine to the 60k service soon and I am worried that Honda tech might use the wrong oil (think we have a thread on our forum about Honda techs in Goa doing this to a fellow member car and then Honda washing it's hands off the case).
Old 26th February 2023, 20:31   #99
BHPian

For engine oil, please stick to HASS for 3rd gen city and obviously make sure to change oil filter. Initially, HASS used to use mineral oil but now they have changed to synethic or semi synthetic which is idemitsu make for HASS. Please stick to 7500 kms or 1 ye change interval as I feel 5000 kms/6 months is overkill. I have been following it religiously for my 2011 ANHC and it is running as good as new even after 11 Heera and on stock suspension and brake pads changed only at 1 lac kms. Enjoy your city. They don’t make cars , or should I say IVTECs , anymore at the price band it was sold. Happy motoring.
sheelRP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 15:06   #100
BHPian

Updating this thread after a long time

The car was due for its annual service. Except for a small rattle from the front door there was no other complain. The door pad was removed and refit and that has taken care of it to some extent.Cost a mere 7000/- and good to go for another year or 10000kms

The car had completed 10 years of age and had started showing a bit of signs of body wear. No dents just a lot of scratches. Decided to do a full body touchup including all doors, alloys, mudflaps,both bumpers and both sides rear quarter panel. Also got the interior cleaning and exterior polishing done. Was pleased with the work although it did take a few tries to get it right.
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img20230702wa0007.jpg

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img20230702wa0008.jpg

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img20230704wa0005.jpg

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img20230704wa0006.jpg

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-20230714_155759.jpg

Final result
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img20230723wa0013.jpg

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-20230719_121355.jpg

A lot of my friends and family were suprised i spent and restored a 10 year old car. But seeing the car prices both new and preowned these days makes me want to hold on to my dear silver arrow just that much longer. The design does not look put of place and honestly am not a fan of too much tech on a car. And of course the star of the show is that beautiful 1.5 litre ivtect engine. Smooth creamy snd punchy. Despite being 10 years old there is hardly a rattle from the car. My dads Jazz which is 2 years old and my father inaws crv too rattle far more. I dont think ill really change it unless its absolutely necessary.
Until next time...
Hamza123 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 18:21   #101
BHPian

She looks lovely doesn’t she?

Yes you are right about the pricing of the new and the preowned cars skyrocketing these days. It is a wise decision to hold on to the current car.

Can you please share the details where this job was commenced in Pune?

I am also thinking to give a relook to my 2004 Honda City.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2023 at 19:11. Reason: Please take the time to construct your posts. Corrected grammar and removed SMS lingo.
Old 26th July 2023, 17:42   #102
BHPian

Great job @Hamza123.

I have a similar, slightly older Honda City (2012 July model). I also plan on keeping mine for as long as possible and have similar plans like you to give it a fresh coat and take care of scratches and dings. Was wondering if spending money on such an old car makes any sense but when I think about which car to upgrade to and the cost involved, all of a sudden the cost of refurbishing my City looks like a miniscule expense. Your post is now giving me the required push to commit to the cause.

Will post my photos once I manage to get a good quote and raise required funds..

How much did it cost you for painting? Were there any other repairs or costs?
Old 31st July 2023, 22:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Updating this thread after a long time
Hi, good job. Even I repainted my Honda City 2012 Metallic Brown, the job done was strictly average, but costed me 35,000 bucks with all four doors rusted and fabrication work. So it's okay I guess - not fully satisfied though.

The car is throwing up a huge expense in suspension, it's making loud thuds and rattles - and I hate it, very audible in the cabin. The ride quality has taken a hit as well. Please suggest on what can be done.
Old 31st July 2023, 23:07   #104
BHPian

Since i bought a kona electric, i would like to sell my ANHC 2011 VMT which is as good as new. Yes! I have driven for 1.1 lac kms but on smooth GJ roads and HASS only service till date, i changed my stock brake pads at 1 lac kms (only as preventive as pads were good enough for another 20K kms). Everything stock and very detailed service HASS record. Would prefer BHPian and asking price is 4.5 lacs and sorry, non negotiable. It seems high but i assure that this car is in mint condition. Infact, i wash it myself with mineral soft water and nobody else has touched its steering wheel yet. Infact, all these years and still for another 1 year, it has been under HASS maintanence program and i still have zero dep insurance for this car.
Incase any one interested and only genuine ones, do let me know. Happy motoring and drive safe.
sheelRP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks