Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 14:12   #46
BHPian

Re: My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
Hello, I took the plunge and got the 2012 Honda City V-AT AVN model. Got a fair deal, hopefully it turns out to be a steal deal throughout the ownership.
Hey congrats and welcome to the Honda city club!!
If I were you I would stick to getting the parts and service from an authorised dealer only. Honda spares and service is pretty reasonable and not worth going elsewhere should something go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStig View Post
Extremely delighted to see a thread active on the Fifth Gen Honda City in 2020!!

The rear-bumper light I was looking for is this one!! Can you guide me where its available? Thanks in advance.
Hi your car looks in awesome shape and hope it stays the same.
Am pretty happy with the led setup on my car. In fact am now thinking of getting projector led for the fog lamps too. The visibility is a bit less than the full HID kit but then I don't want to forget with the original wiring of the car. The bumper lights were picked up from a local accessory shop. In fact I got them free with all the other accessories I picked up. Working well so far.

The car is going on well with nothing really to update. Needs a deep cleaning inside out but since we back into lockdown I don't think I will get it done just now. It's also due for it's annual maintainance service. I was wondering if I can pull it through to next year. With very little mileage due to the lockdown and no trips planned for the rest of the year. The car has just done 4000kms since its last service. Should I wait or should it done ?
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 22:21   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza123 View Post
Hey congrats and welcome to the Honda city club!!
If I were you I would stick to getting the parts and service from an authorised dealer only. Honda spares and service is pretty reasonable and not worth going elsewhere should something go wrong
Thank You Sir!

On another note, does anybody have the owners manual? I didn't receive it with the car, and I haven't yet received any update from the service centers regarding the same.
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:05   #48
BHPian

Hello, I'm due for a brake pad replacement, and the Honda SVC is quoting around 7000 for the pads.

I want to try another brands, but replacement pads, not performance ones.

Anybody has tried Brembo (red ones) or EBC? Please advise.
Old 21st October 2020, 13:20   #49
BHPian

Hi all
Been a while since I updated. But when you running a precision Japanese Surgeon of a vehicle life can be pretty uneventful and am not complaining!
The car went in for its annual service although a few months later than normal due to the lockdown and low running due to it. Not much to complain except a bit of brake noise due to excessive driving through water logging roads thanks to the heavy rains here.
Jobs carried out
Engine oil change
Oil filter change
Air conditioner filter changed
Some clips missing from the Engine Guard replaced
Overall checkup of battery

I chose to do the wheel balancing alignment and rotation outside.

Got some car mats fit from a local accessory shop as the old ones had worn out. Will click a picture and update.
Hamza123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

Got some car mats fit from a local accessory shop as the old ones had worn out. Will click a picture and update.
Hi Hamza, could you kindly post pictures of the mats? It would also be great if you could share the cost. I'm looking for a new sat of mats myself (as my current 3D mats keep slipping while driving). Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 23:08   #51

All,

I know this is not a Tire related thread, but my 2012 City needs a tire change as its still running on stock (just 23k km so far ). I am shortlisting Continental CC5 & upgrading the size to 185/65 R15 (link from amazon). Has anyone gone for this upgrade in size in your cars? And any other suggestions?

I honestly loved the stock which is a GoodYear GT3, but it seems this variant is discontinued. Also, I dont see many recommeding GoodYear these year! Not sure why..
Old 23rd October 2020, 07:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone gone for this upgrade in size in your cars? And any other suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Reading the above lines, I remembered what the owner's manual of the 2nd gen City ZX (2007) had to say about this.

Attachment 2066510
Cross referencing from another City thread, I’m sure you’ll be interested in the others’ inputs - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4905965
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
All,

I know this is not a Tire related thread, but my 2012 City needs a tire change as its still running on stock (just 23k km so far ). I am shortlisting Continental CC5 & upgrading the size to 185/65 R15 (link from amazon). Has anyone gone for this upgrade in size in your cars? And any other suggestions?

I honestly loved the stock which is a GoodYear GT3, but it seems this variant is discontinued. Also, I dont see many recommeding GoodYear these year! Not sure
From what I have read on this forum and what I have followed 195/60 is the size to upgrade to. Michelin Primacy 3ST are supposedly the best tyres (4ST is now out) and have served me well since the past 3 years and 20000 odd kilometres that I have had them on.

I will click pictures of the mats and send. Sorry have not been driving much and riding much thanks to the finally sunny days that we have been having back here!
Old 24th October 2020, 15:39   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
Hi Hamza, could you kindly post pictures of the mats? It would also be great if you could share the cost. I'm looking for a new sat of mats myself (as my current 3D mats keep slipping while driving). Thanks
I viewed your thread where you restored your City. Loved the thread. After reading through it, I checked the trunk of my car to see whether there is any water logging and to my surprise, there was!!! I had kept my car out under the rain last one week since our parking is undergoing some work. And I should Bangalore had serious rains past 7 days.
I had literally removed 3-5mugs of water under the extra tire. To sort it out, I poured some water on the roof and rear window hoping I could see where the leak is. But couldn't!! Anyway, am travelling back to my hometown tomorrow. Probably need to check there.

Quote:
From what I have read on this forum and what I have followed 195/60 is the size to upgrade to. Michelin Primacy 3ST are supposedly the best tyres (4ST is now out) and have served me well since the past 3 years and 20000 odd kilometres that I have had them on.

I will click pictures of the mats and send. Sorry have not been driving much and riding much thanks to the finally sunny days that we have been having back here!
I too read about 195/60, but am a bit cautious about FE & how much it would drop. Also did the inner walls of wheel arches cope with the 195/60 tires, I mean when the wheels are turned to the max?
Old 24th October 2020, 19:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I viewed your thread where you restored your City. Loved the thread. After reading through it, I checked the trunk of my car to see whether there is any water logging and to my surprise, there was!!! I had kept my car out under the rain last one week since our parking is undergoing some work. And I should Bangalore had serious rains past 7 days.
I had literally removed 3-5mugs of water under the extra tire. To sort it out, I poured some water on the roof and rear window hoping I could see where the leak is. But couldn't!! Anyway, am travelling back to my hometown tomorrow. Probably need to check there.

Hi HolyStig, I'm sorry to know about the leakage issue in your car. Since you have already poured water over the roof and rear windshield, I would suggest opening the trunk and pouring a constant stream of water (either from a pipe or 2L bottle) into the boot lining (the rubber gasket could have become hard or developed cracks), behind the taillights (same reasoning) and also pour water from the bumper lining on both sides (bumper lining is where the rear fender joins the bumpers). There are two bumper clips with washers behind that area (the washers could have gone bad). The last point of entry could be the rubber gasket around the trunk air filter (its a tiny box on the left rear-side of the bumper). Just to check, has your car had any rear accident repair in the past?

Last edited by kunalsingh : 24th October 2020 at 19:46.
Old 24th October 2020, 21:10   #56

Quote:
Hi HolyStig, I'm sorry to know about the leakage issue in your car. Since you have already poured water over the roof and rear windshield, I would suggest opening the trunk and pouring a constant stream of water (either from a pipe or 2L bottle) into the boot lining (the rubber gasket could have become hard or developed cracks), behind the taillights (same reasoning) and also pour water from the bumper lining on both sides (bumper lining is where the rear fender joins the bumpers). There are two bumper clips with washers behind that area (the washers could have gone bad). The last point of entry could be the rubber gasket around the trunk air filter (its a tiny box on the left rear-side of the bumper). Just to check, has your car had any rear accident repair in the past?
Hm, that's a long list of possible leakage source!

Need to do them one after the other! And regarding you question of any rear accident, an auto rear ended the car last year, but it was nothing major as the bumper and all is intact. Only the trunk panel (beside the number plate) got a small bump and I did tinkering work there & then it's all good. But now that you mentioned regarding the bumper clips & washers, I probably need to check them and see if any clips or washers have dislocated & leaving any gap for water to get in.
Old 24th October 2020, 22:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hm, that's a long list of possible leakage source!

Need to do them one after the other! And regarding you question of any rear accident, an auto rear ended the car last year, but it was nothing major as the bumper and all is intact. Only the trunk panel (beside the number plate) got a small bump and I did tinkering work there & then it's all good. But now that you mentioned regarding the bumper clips & washers, I probably need to check them and see if any clips or washers have dislocated & leaving any gap for water to get in.
Yes, it'll be a good idea to check those spots. You can also check Post #25 on Page 2 of my thread for a more detailed explanation of all the possible leakage points : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4904571 (Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City)

Hope this helps!
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 11:09   #58
BHPian

Quote:
My car with similar set up went for a servicing yesterday at Dakshin Honda, Singasandra, Bengaluru. Came back with the following recommendation - "Tyre Over size"
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img_0575.jpg
Car has had the same tyres since 2018. Never before in it's history does it have that recommendation.

Off-topic: I do take care of my car, and disagree with more than half of the things on the recommendation as they seem to have a lot of problem with outside (O/S) parts. Brand new Philips headlamps with 55/60W factory specs need replacement, as do the other lights mentioned. Completely silent, no-issues steering, has "Steering rack noise". Filled up water in my "O/S" horns, which changed it's tune and then had the audacity to lie to me that car was not pressure-washed, when it clearly was, right in front of me! Was told tyres were rotated (specifically asked for it), but when I checked the markings on the tyres (before and after), they're still at the same ends.

I guess that's my first and last time at that service centre.

Cheers from my silver bae
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-img_0249.jpg
Old 5th November 2020, 18:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kunal
Sorry it took so long to get the pics across
My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-9a894561e62b4e97b21a77765bec4830.jpeg

My Silver Arrow! Pre-Owned Honda City-059453e3d42c47389ebd8d3855481dd8.jpeg

Overall quality is decent and pretty easy to clean.
Hamza123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 18:40   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kunal
Sorry it took so long to get the pics across
Attachment 2076789

Attachment 2076788

Overall quality is decent and pretty easy to clean.
Quality and fit look quite good. How much did they cost you? I recently got a set of generic transparent rubber mats (the ones that you can find on every single car) as I had a narrow miss with my driver side 3D mat when the clutch pedal slipped under it while being depressed.

Might go for these noodle-type mats soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks