Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 12:14   #166
BHPian

Re: 2023 Garage Update | M2C vs M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesnat View Post
2023 Garage Update:

Sold my vRS245 and bought a M340i Jahre Edition in September of last year.
So, it was your vRS that was listed on Kun BMW's website until recently (assuming you sold it to Kun)?

I was interested in it, but got cold feet at the last moment as I didn't want to take a risk - given how the regular junta abuse performance sedans. Would have gone ahead had I known that the car is from a fellow BHP'an.

Congratulations on the 340i.
buzzy_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 12:41   #167
BHPian

Re: Scratching the sports car itch - My BMW M2 Competition

Managing two beauties in life is a tough task indeed.

You've got just that kind of life ! Thank God for that. You're blessed indeed.

Enjoy your drives.
pradheepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 12:42   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
So, it was your vRS that was listed on Kun BMW's website until recently (assuming you sold it to Kun)?

I was interested in it, but got cold feet at the last moment as I didn't want to take a risk - given how the regular junta abuse performance sedans. Would have gone ahead had I known that the car is from a fellow BHP'an.

Congratulations on the 340i.
Hi, thanks! No I sold my vRS to a local fellow enthusiast.
Reesnat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 19:47   #169
BHPian

What a fantastic thread. Two cars that check all the criteria an enthusiast would like in his choice of wheels. Looking forward to updates that chronicle their journey. Wishing you thousands of kilometres of driving joy. Peace
Air_Kerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 20:57   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks! No I sold my vRS to a local fellow enthusiast.
Congratulations on the upgrade! Excellent garage!

Any suggestions/comments on the price ? I've come across a vRS245 2019 for sale with 19000 kms done. What should be a reasonable price considering the car is maintained well and looks new.

Thanks!
RaiAnish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 04:55   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the M340i! Having been in touch for recommendations on detailers for my newly acquired M340i, (based on your original M2C post), it was a pleasant surprise to learn you had also bought one. Your car looks stunning! Enjoy the two beauties and wish you many more miles of happy motoring. I do believe Dravit Grey is a superior colour for the M340i. The only other cars you can get from BMW in that shade are the 7 series and the M8 Competition!

My car is getting it's PPF done at OCD now, thanks for the introduction.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th February 2023 at 06:54. Reason: typo
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 11:21   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Congratulations on the upgrade! Excellent garage!

Any suggestions/comments on the price ? I've come across a vRS245 2019 for sale with 19000 kms done. What should be a reasonable price considering the car is maintained well and looks new.

Thanks!
Thank you! Since you said 2019, please confirm if you are looking for vRS230 or 245 as deliveries for 245 had started in March 2020 only (manufacture date was 11/2019 I think if I remember right. As for prices, this is hugely debatable and variable. Prices for vRS seem to range from insanity to reasonable and everywhere in between. vRS is a great car and amazing bank for buck, but suggesting on price without a careful evaluation of the car in question is not right. I'm not a believer of valuing performance cars based on numbers alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations on the M340i! Having been in touch for recommendations on detailers for my newly acquired M340i, (based on your original M2C post), it was a pleasant surprise to learn you had also bought one. Your car looks stunning! Enjoy the two beauties and wish you many more miles of happy motoring. I do believe Dravit Grey is a superior colour for the M340i. The only other cars you can get from BMW in that shade are the 7 series and the M8 Competition!

Thanks and congratulations to you as well, wishing you tons of driving pleasure!
Old 7th February 2023, 11:49   #173
BHPian

Congratulations on your ride Reesnat, good to see some quality comparison between the M2C and the M340i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I do believe Dravit Grey is a superior colour for the M340i. The only other cars you can get from BMW in that shade are the 7 series and the M8 Competition!

I'd say the Sunset Orange is

For my M340i, I got PPF done for the hood, front bumper and the side mirrors. I switched the wheels from the stock 18inches to 796M 18inch jet black. I didn't want to upgrade to 19's. The car clocked 17000 kms, did a few road trips and so far so good. Will be switching the tires from stock RFTs to Tubeless soon.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 10:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

How is the ownership costs so far ? How are tyres holding up and are you doing wheel alignment at ASS?
Old 11th February 2023, 08:04   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
How is the ownership costs so far ? How are tyres holding up and are you doing wheel alignment at ASS?
I've described cost of ownership etc in an earlier post with the 3yr update (short answer - nothing so far). On my second set of tyres now. Alignment I have had better results with a clampless alignment center (like in MRF Adyar) so I prefer to go there.
Old 11th February 2023, 16:40   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Congratulations on your ride Reesnat, good to see some quality comparison between the M2C and the M340i.

I'd say the Sunset Orange is

For my M340i, I got PPF done for the hood, front bumper and the side mirrors. I switched the wheels from the stock 18inches to 796M 18inch jet black. I didn't want to upgrade to 19's. The car clocked 17000 kms, did a few road trips and so far so good. Will be switching the tires from stock RFTs to Tubeless soon.
Whatever you do - please don't do that!!
I have burnt my hands thrice because of Tubeless tyres.
Since the walls are softer on a tubeless tyre, any pot hole you hit will mostly crack the alloy of the car and there is absolutely nothing as heartbreaking as that. The cracked alloy should not be repaired and the replacement even if it's readily available is going to cost a bomb!!

Stick to RFTs for peace of mind. RFTs' puncture can be repaired. Though not entirely sure whether it is recommended or not - but I request you and all the others using BMWs - DO NOT switch to tubeless tyres instead of the RFTs until and unless you are changing your alloys as well (and downsizing them too while increasing the tyre wall)
Old 11th February 2023, 22:29   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Whatever you do - please don't do that!!
I have burnt my hands thrice because of Tubeless tyres.
Since the walls are softer on a tubeless tyre, any pot hole you hit will mostly crack the alloy of the car and there is absolutely nothing as heartbreaking as that. The cracked alloy should not be repaired and the replacement even if it's readily available is going to cost a bomb!!

Stick to RFTs for peace of mind. RFTs' puncture can be repaired. Though not entirely sure whether it is recommended or not - but I request you and all the others using BMWs - DO NOT switch to tubeless tyres instead of the RFTs until and unless you are changing your alloys as well (and downsizing them too while increasing the tyre wall)
I can appreciate your experiences and I’ve had my share of cracked alloys (on 17inch wheels that too) as well. But, I have to completely disagree with you on this.

For one, low profile RFTs on Indian Roads are a bad idea and experience of other M340i owners shows far more failures of RFTs, than tubeless in our conditions.

Second, ride quality (18 or 19) is very poor on RFTs, this was a deal breaker for me as I had test driven the M340i on RFTs and found them unacceptable. I switched to tubeless PS4S on day 1 from the showroom and is a huge difference in ride quality and performance. I can now survive long drives without any of that jittery stiff ride that is synonymous with RFTs.

Bad craters are going to damage your tyre and wheel if you are on 18 or 19 inch wheels, you have to be a careful driver either way. With Tubeless I would wager that it handles the bad roads a bit better and doesn’t develop bulges as easily as RFTs do.
Reesnat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 17:37   #178

Quote:
I can appreciate your experiences and I’ve had my share of cracked alloys (on 17inch wheels that too) as well. But, I have to completely disagree with you on this.

For one, low profile RFTs on Indian Roads are a bad idea and experience of other M340i owners shows far more failures of RFTs, than tubeless in our conditions.

Second, ride quality (18 or 19) is very poor on RFTs, this was a deal breaker for me as I had test driven the M340i on RFTs and found them unacceptable. I switched to tubeless PS4S on day 1 from the showroom and is a huge difference in ride quality and performance. I can now survive long drives without any of that jittery stiff ride that is synonymous with RFTs.

Bad craters are going to damage your tyre and wheel if you are on 18 or 19 inch wheels, you have to be a careful driver either way. With Tubeless I would wager that it handles the bad roads a bit better and doesn’t develop bulges as easily as RFTs do.
Completely agree - If you aren't careful over bad roads, you WILL damage your wheels whether on RFT's or tubeless tyres. As Reesnat said, RFT tyre failure rates on the M340i's are quite high vs the Tubeless ones (across a group of 100+ owners out of the 200 odd cars sold). For their primary benefits (can change tyres a bit later & avoidance of a sudden blowout), RFTs compromise way too much on the ride quality on Indian roads and just don't seem worth the compromise. Many new car owners who have shifted to tubeless have seen a substantial improvement in ride quality and aren't missing their RFTs at all
Speedrider75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 13:35   #179
PSJ

Hi, I really enjoyed your review. I have purchased a pre owned M2 comp last week. The car is well maintained and has done just 13k. Can you help me buy a similar exhaust upgrade as yours because my purpose is also getting rid of the bulky muffler that is quite visible from the rear and don’t require a sound much louder than stock exhaust. Can you share the supplier along with product details and price if you don’t mind. Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 17:55   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
Hi, I really enjoyed your review. I have purchased a pre owned M2 comp last week. The car is well maintained and has done just 13k. Can you help me buy a similar exhaust upgrade as yours because my purpose is also getting rid of the bulky muffler that is quite visible from the rear and don’t require a sound much louder than stock exhaust. Can you share the supplier along with product details and price if you don’t mind. Thanks
Hi, congratulations on your M2C, you're in for a treat! For the Exhaust please contact RaceTech in Bangalore who are the official dealers for Akrapovic in India.
Reesnat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks