Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2020, 18:37   #46
BHPian

Re: Scratching the sports car itch - My BMW M2 Competition

Superb car!!

Many congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Wish you many many happy miles munching with the beemer.

Drive safe!
Ranjith812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:01   #47
BHPian

Congratulations for an awesome purchase!!

What a coincidence it was. Yesterday night, I was watching M2 review from 'Savagegeese' on YT and today I came across your review.

Thank you for a detailed and lovely review from an Indian perspective.

Wish you a very happy and M-Powerful miles !

Last edited by Aditya : 4th May 2020 at 20:47. Reason: typo fixed
Sachin V.W. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin V.W. View Post
Congratulations for an awesome purchase!!

What a coincidence it was. Yesterday night, I was watching M2 review from 'Savagegeese' on YT and today I came across your review.

Thank you for a detailed and lovely review from an Indian perspective.

Wish you a very happy and M-Powerful miles !
Thanks! I watched that review a few times myself

Last edited by Aditya : 4th May 2020 at 20:47. Reason: Quoted text edited
Reesnat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:53   #49
BHPian

Many congratulations for the M2, which IMO is the best car in the current M lineup, just the right size for a sports car.
Liked your choice for the colour and the wheels. By the way you have a great garage as well.
Wishing you many more safe miles with the car.

Last edited by PetrolheadRup : 2nd May 2020 at 19:55.
PetrolheadRup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 20:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Let me put it this way, there are technical reviews and then there are practical reviews with practical viewpoints, the essence. Loved your review. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. Have fun, sliding that rear end and do post your further updates! Subscribed.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 20:43   #51

Wow! The car looks stunning!

Congrats and wish you years of happy motoring post lockdown.
roshanvalsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 21:02   #52

I like the part where you bought the car for actual usage, which is a quite rare phenomenon these days. After reading about your passionate experience with a beautiful machine, I'm inclined towards writing one myself regarding the purchase of my S Class .. Cheers on the purchase..
Chimera006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 21:06   #53
BHPian

Wow. What a choice and what a great color. If I were to buy a fast car in India today this would be my pick. Congrats and wish you many many joyful smiles and miles !
snan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 01:05   #54
BHPian

The write up was so amazing that I was hooked on it to the very last bit!
I have always been a huge fan of BMWs and their crazy M lineup and you have described the M2 so well that I need to show this review to my friends who are big AMG fans so that they know how fun and brutal even the smallest M car can be!
Wish you lacs of joyful miles with this beauty and a Beast!
Nazaar25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

One car that's better than an inventory.
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 09:33   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramesh3210 View Post
Congratulations Reesnat on your new buy. And you have an awesome collection of cars. Drive safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Congratulations on buying one of my favourite cars currently on sale. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. In these depressing times, it was really inspiring to read your story. Thank you!

What a beautiful looking car. Sad to see what BMW is doing to their newer designs these days. Good call on the wheels. I wonder why every almost every M competition car has weird looking wheels?!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
Congratulations Reesnat! The car you have purchased is absolutely stunning. The power and size of the car, make it the best and most usable M package available in India. I wish you many miles of happiness with the beast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Your car looks stunning. Compact in size + Powerful engine = Driving Pleasure.
Hope to see you clocking more miles post lockdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
What an incredibly detailed review of an outstanding car ! Kudos ! And speaking of ageing and having a mid life crisis, I was looking at that picture of you with the car for a good 3 mins before a 2 decade old memory of what was probably the very first progression came back to me ... wishing you and the m2c the very best !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations on getting a real special car. The 2 looks so perfectly balanced and you got the right exterior shade - I always felt the 2 looked much better in lighter colours.

Absolutely! This is one of the best looking car from BMW and looking at the way BMW is going with its newer designs, I don't there will be anything to better this (for a few years at least).

Drive safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Congratulations anna! This is my favourite car in the current BMW line-up. It echoes the spirit of the first few generations of the BMW M3, with similar dimensions, encompassing their spirit. Once I can afford this beauty, I will definitely buy one of these, it's bound to become a classic. Wishing you some very happy track days with this beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjith812 View Post
Superb car!!

Many congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Wish you many many happy miles munching with the beemer.

Drive safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolheadRup View Post
Many congratulations for the M2, which IMO is the best car in the current M lineup, just the right size for a sports car.
Liked your choice for the colour and the wheels. By the way you have a great garage as well.
Wishing you many more safe miles with the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Let me put it this way, there are technical reviews and then there are practical reviews with practical viewpoints, the essence. Loved your review. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. Have fun, sliding that rear end and do post your further updates! Subscribed.

Cheers!
VJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanvalsan View Post
Wow! The car looks stunning!

Congrats and wish you years of happy motoring post lockdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera006 View Post
I like the part where you bought the car for actual usage, which is a quite rare phenomenon these days. After reading about your passionate experience with a beautiful machine, I'm inclined towards writing one myself regarding the purchase of my S Class .. Cheers on the purchase..
Quote:
Originally Posted by snan View Post
Wow. What a choice and what a great color. If I were to buy a fast car in India today this would be my pick. Congrats and wish you many many joyful smiles and miles !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
The write up was so amazing that I was hooked on it to the very last bit!
I have always been a huge fan of BMWs and their crazy M lineup and you have described the M2 so well that I need to show this review to my friends who are big AMG fans so that they know how fun and brutal even the smallest M car can be!
Wish you lacs of joyful miles with this beauty and a Beast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

Your car is going straight to our homepage . Am a big fan of small + fast packages. Congratulations & wish you thousands of happy km with the beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Congratulations Reesnat! The car looks amazing in this shade. Never imagined a Beemer can look so hot in silver shade as well.

You garage tells the true enthusiast inside you.
City runs - Polo GT
Family Car - vrs
Sports Car - Mighty M2
SUV ? In near future may be you can think for a SUV as well. What else can be better than a G 63 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by navad29 View Post
Congratulations Reesnat! This is one of the cars in my dream garage! It's an absolute gem and clearly shows that BMW still cares about the driving pleasure! I would encourage you to keep this thread alive with more updates.
I wish you many happy miles with this beast!
Thank you for your comments, much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Thanks, I see what you did there!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd May 2020 at 10:05. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions to address your reply.
Reesnat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 10:32   #57
BHPian

What an awesome review, this has been my dream car since it was launched. Do you mind DMing details of the deal you got.
nirvanaguy19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 10:42   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
What an awesome review, this has been my dream car since it was launched. Do you mind DMing details of the deal you got.
Thanks for the comment!

While I'm happy to answer any questions on the car or help in your decision making, either publicly or via DM, it will be unfair of me to the dealer if I disclose the exact details of the deal.
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:48   #59
REN
BHPian

Congrats on the M2, Reesnat! A special car and a superb review!

I can recognise the street from your pictures as I live just a few streets away. I visit the bistro nearby once in a while and I'm pretty sure I've seen your car in the area and admired it. Never thought I'd end up seeing it here on Team-BHP . The Hockenheim Silver sure looks stunning in person! Congratulations once again.
REN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

Nice review Reesnat and congrats. I think it is safe to say that the M2 is one of the favourite cars among petrolheads. And its one of the best coupes out there as well. Must say one of the rare good looking BMWs when compared to the awful designs they are coming up with now. Oh, and a wonderful garage as well filled with enthusiast cars.

Quote:
With launch control, the car did 0-100 in 4.3 seconds
This is usually vague and depends on many conditions. A 0.1 second difference is not a lot and I think that's a really good time in real-world conditions. Maybe under the ideal conditions, it might do 0-100 lm/h run in less than 4.2 seconds?

Quote:
Imagine telling the family I can only take one person at a time?
The spare heavily compromises the boot space and its a strict 2-seater for long drives. Sad to see that but how often do M2 owners take it out on long drives with 4 onboard?

Must say that the black-painted exhaust is much needed for the car. Please keep updating the thread with some drool-worthy pics of the car, on the track as well.
ChiragM is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks