Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 14:21   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hmm Maybe , 7-8 was too low a mileage anyway !! So what is the common consensus of the mileage ?? Also this may sound a bit stupid but as there are versions in a software ( where bugs and other fixes are updated ) do we also have versions in cars ?? I mean maybe the swift I am talking about is an older version as compared to the new swift which rupesh bought ?? The swift i am talking about is 1 year old .
I am not sure, but yes there can some minor changes in the new Swift which are being delivered. If I recollect, when the car was launched, mileage was the main concern. Few months back MUL hosted a small car rally for Swift users, I happen to see the details of it given to me by my dealer M/s Bagga Link Motors. In that rally the top three winner have claimed to have achieve and average of 20+ kmph which was unbelievable from all angles. I happen to call one of the users, he said he did get that kind of average but the driving was with lot of restrictions (maruti guys gave some tips too). But on the whole, he said that an average of 15-17kmpl is achievable.

I shared my average with the MUL engineers, they say that it will further up after the second service.
Old 27th March 2007, 15:08   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hmm Maybe , 7-8 was too low a mileage anyway !! So what is the common consensus of the mileage ?? Also this may sound a bit stupid but as there are versions in a software ( where bugs and other fixes are updated ) do we also have versions in cars ?? I mean maybe the swift I am talking about is an older version as compared to the new swift which rupesh bought ?? The swift i am talking about is 1 year old .
Consensus as found on this forum is between 13-14kmpl. And a one year old swift also should be able to give you those kind of FE figures. I guess you need to get your vehicle checked up for this issue.

Most Viewed