Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2020, 11:18   #16
BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km

Congratulations guyfrmblr, That's one good looking car!

You are indeed a lucky man, to have your wife sitting patiently in the car, while you complete the photo shoot from all angles
Diesel_Drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 12:01   #17
BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km

Congratulations on your new purchase. Its surely a head turner!

One question, if you will. I understand your preference was an AT gearbox. So, is there is any specific reason for which you didn't consider Petrol GTline 1.4 DCT? Is it more towards price or you had some specific feedback on it?
prajakt_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 12:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+1. This issue is there in the first generation Creta too
This just reminds me of our school days. When a group of students copy from another student in examinations, they tend to copy even the mistakes and get caught by the teacher eventually. Looks like Kia just did the same with Hyundai. They even managed to copy the issues from Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The only sin that Kia committed, missing auto AC in the otherwise perfect variant.
You are absolutely right. It's the only thing which I really miss in the HTK+ variant. Even if I had known that this variant does not come with auto AC, I don't think I would have gone with the next variant HTX+ as the on-road price difference is 3.5 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
2 bits from me: take off the door visors and the diesel sticker. Both spoil the clean looks. Do you drive a lot with windows down? Only then is the former useful. If you don't, then the visors will only add to wind noise.
I have the exact same thoughts. As I mentioned in the review, they were already installed by the time I went to showroom. Will take them off soon as I never drive with the windows rolled down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
You are indeed a lucky man, to have your wife sitting patiently in the car, while you complete the photo shoot from all angles
We actually had gone out to run one of her errand. Hence I got away with nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
One question, if you will. I understand your preference was an AT gearbox. So, is there is any specific reason for which you didn't consider Petrol GTline 1.4 DCT? Is it more towards price or you had some specific feedback on it?
It's definitely the price. The DCT variants starts from 20+ lakhs on road in Bengaluru while my budget was around 17L. If it was within my budget, I would have definitely considered it.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 25th May 2020 at 12:59.
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 13:29   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on your ride. Nice review. Did you consider the New Creta? The sun visor,door guards and bumper guards look out of place,spoils the elegant and sleek look of the car.

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 25th May 2020 at 13:35.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 13:37   #20
BHPian

Congratulation on your new purchase!!

I think the Seltos HTK+ AT variant is the most value for money diesel SUV available today in that segment and makes for such a tempting buy (except for the Auto AC which is a glaring omission).

Two questions from my end:
1. What is your feedback on the lights of the HTK+? It does look impressive in the pictures but would be interested to know your first hand experience
2. If my understanding is right, the Creta does not have a similar variant in Diesel AT. The SX is the nearest available option, which is close to 19 Lakhs on road. So, I guess for your budget, you have still made the right choice. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Enjoy!!

Rahulb22
rahulb22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 14:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

2 bits from me: take off the door visors and the diesel sticker. Both spoil the clean looks. Do you drive a lot with windows down? Only then is the former useful. If you don't, then the visors will only add to wind noise.
Not just the wind noise, I feel it adds to the A pillar blind spot too in a big way, even though the visor is semi transparent.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 15:08   #22

Well written and thorough. Wish you many happy kms. Would be looking forward to a long term experience with Seltos.
Beast_BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 16:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Did you consider the New Creta?
As I mentioned in my previous posts, the previous gen Creta was my first choice. The rear design of the new Creta made me lean towards Seltos. But the new design theme has slowly grown over me over time and now I actually started liking it. Also the DCT and Diesel AT variants start from 19L which is way over my budget.

I have been drooling over this color since last couple of days. It definitely takes some time to accept this new design. (Image source - https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/find-a...ighlights.html
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-screen-shot-20200525-4.00.03-pm.png

Quote:
The sun visor,door guards and bumper guards look out of place,spoils the elegant and sleek look of the car.
They will be removed from the car soon. Those were installed by dealers even before delivery without my consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
What is your feedback on the lights of the HTK+? It does look impressive in the pictures but would be interested to know your first hand experience
Lights are great. The throw is good and I haven't faced any issues navigating dark roads. The combination of DRL, projector head lamps and fog lamps is adequate for most types of roads found here.

Quote:
If my understanding is right, the Creta does not have a similar variant in Diesel AT. The SX is the nearest available option, which is close to 19 Lakhs on road. So, I guess for your budget, you have still made the right choice. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are right. With the new Creta, Diesel AT starts from 16L ex-showroom which will be close to 19L on road.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 25th May 2020 at 16:16.
guyfrmblr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 17:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

DRLs only:
Attachment 2006715
Are these really DRLs Only?
sudeepg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 18:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
The DRLs are pretty bright but I think it's the iPhone's night mode gone wonky which is making the picture appear unusually bright. The clue is to look at the sky in the previous three pics in which it appears pitch dark but the camera has added some kind of weird fake brightness even to the sky in this pic.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 25th May 2020 at 18:11.
Old 25th May 2020, 19:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the acquire.
I for one am really focused on KIA's after-sale services. Do keep us updated as this seems to be most debated topic when it comes to KIA.

Secondly, Why do I feel that the DRLs Only is a lot brighter than all other ones combined? Maybe some auto exposure adjustments of the camera? As a matter of fact they seem to brighter than most Bi-Xenons
akash.1318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 19:53   #27
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on your new Seltos. If I was in the market for a new car in this price range, I think, I too would have picked the Seltos in automatic.

OT, but IIRC, you had a black i20 diesel few years ago, I remember reading about it from your id.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 20:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Seltos! Wish you many happy miles.

Not sure why your dealer added all these accessories without your consent. Naturally you will have been billed for them somewhere so they aren't "free". Unless you explicitly signed something saying you accepted all these accessories, he should not have added them.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 20:52   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! Kia has left no stone unturned and this variant in MT was my choice when I visited Kia showroom for a friend. This variant really has no deal breakers and comes with alloys as well which was surprising, there is plenty of features inside and it looks good inside out too. Kia is targeting so many segments with their pricing and VFM packaging, unbelievable.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2020, 21:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
OT, but IIRC, you had a black i20 diesel few years ago, I remember reading about it from your id.
Yes, I did own an i20 which I sold in 2015 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...edit-sold.html (My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash.1318 View Post
Secondly, Why do I feel that the DRLs Only is a lot brighter than all other ones combined? Maybe some auto exposure adjustments of the camera? As a matter of fact they seem to brighter than most Bi-Xenons
Quote:
The DRLs are pretty bright but I think it's the iPhone's night mode gone wonky which is making the picture appear unusually bright. The clue is to look at the sky in the previous three pics in which it appears pitch dark but the camera has added some kind of weird fake brightness even to the sky in this pic.
I confirmed that it's the the iPhone's night mode acting wonky when just the DRLs are activated. Just took these photos again and observe the last photo with just DRLs. The first three photos were captured in a camera whereas the last one with the iPhone.

Fog lamps:
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-fog_lamps.jpg

Low beam:
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-low_beam.jpg

High beam:
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-high_beam.jpg

DRLs (captured in iPhone)
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-drl.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 25th May 2020 at 21:46.
guyfrmblr is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks