Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2020, 22:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km

Welcome back to India! I still remember your 1.2L driven black i20

Congratulations on your new buy! Excellent pick in the budget you had and very nice detailed review.

Wishing you many happy miles!
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 18:26   #32

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km

Hey guyfrmblr, many congratulations on the new Seltos. It looks fabulous in grey. Wish you many happy miles!

I must compliment that your initial review was really great and I look forward to following your ownership experience.
colonelK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 19:06   #33
BHPian

I bought a seltos htx manual variant in feb. I got zero freebies I had to buy everything
Old 26th May 2020, 20:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo yoda View Post
I bought a seltos htx manual variant in feb. I got zero freebies I had to buy everything
What freebies? Aren't you paying 22k for the kit mentioned here?
Old 26th May 2020, 22:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
What freebies? Aren't you paying 22k for the kit mentioned here?
I presume most of the accessories are freebies since he says he didn't want them and the dealer installed it for him.
Turbo yoda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 23:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I presume most of the accessories are freebies since he says he didn't want them and the dealer installed it for him.
If you see the price list Kia now sells all that as basic kit. Costs 17 to 22k depending on variant. I think OP hasn't broken down the quotation yet.

This very kit used to be around 8k last year but had less parts in it.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 26th May 2020 at 23:13.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 08:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
If you see the price list Kia now sells all that as basic kit.
Sorry for not being clear in the review. The wordings I used sounds like they came free with the car. Most of the accessories are not freebies. As Nitesh_M has mentioned, they come under something called basic kit. What I meant was that they had listed the things that come under that kit beforehand but they never mentioned about those visors and guards. They indeed gave me the option to select my choice of seat cover, mats, etc but those two items were never mentioned. I saw them installed only when I went to take the delivery of the car. If they had told me about it beforehand, I would have politely refused those as they look very ugly. I could have asked them to remove all those stuff but didn’t want to create fuss during delivery. Anyway my wife actually likes those visors and guards

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 27th May 2020 at 08:43.
Old 27th May 2020, 18:58   #38
sgm
BHPian

Congratulations guyfrmblr on your new ride. Seltos is indeed a good looking car and that too feature loaded. The Head lights look cool and fancy, I always turn back and look at them when I see a Setlos at night.
Wishing you lots of happy miles ahead.

You mentioned about your Civic CVT in US, was it the 1.5T or the 2.0L NA ? Just trying to understand about the lag and smoothness of CVT against a TC. I feel the CVTs are the smoothest but lacks terribly when you want that sudden surge of power, otherwise I love CVT for their smoothness for unhurried driving. Do you feel the Seltos TC is smoother compared to Civic under normal City driving conditions ?
sgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 11:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
You mentioned about your Civic CVT in US, was it the 1.5T or the 2.0L NA ? Just trying to understand about the lag and smoothness of CVT against a TC. I feel the CVTs are the smoothest but lacks terribly when you want that sudden surge of power, otherwise I love CVT for their smoothness for unhurried driving. Do you feel the Seltos TC is smoother compared to Civic under normal City driving conditions ?
It was a 1.8L NA. The only problem I faced was that it used get confused sometimes. It used to mostly happen on suburban roads on inclines. I don’t see such issues with Seltos. I never felt anytime that it was in a wrong gear either in cities or on highways. I can barely notice that it’s shifting gears. The experience is so seamless.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 21:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

I’m not sure if it’s an issue with my car but I hear random speed warning chimes at speeds between 80-120 kmph. I get the single chime at 80 kmph and the continuous chime at 120 kmph but not sure about the random chimes between these speeds. I haven’t observed any particular pattern but it’s random. Do other Seltos owners have this issue?
Old 4th June 2020, 21:35   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I’m not sure if it’s an issue with my car but I hear random speed warning chimes at speeds between 80-120 kmph. I get the single chime at 80 kmph and the continuous chime at 120 kmph but not sure about the random chimes between these speeds. I haven’t observed any particular pattern but it’s random. Do other Seltos owners have this issue?
Big mystery!

Look at any of the Seltos ownership threads or even our official review thread and you will find users reporting this observation. Few of us suggested that once you cross 80 km/h, it occurs every one minute. However, I have noticed this chime comes even below 80 km/h and at irregular intervals.

Mystery continues! Let me know if you figure it out. I will check with the ASS during my 3rd service visit on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Try and see if it is indeed the HU that is throwing out those random chimes.
The HU doesn't have integrated navigation in it and it depends on Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. That said, I can confirm that I have heard this random chime even when I hadn't connected to Android Auto. And I have heard it while cruising at steady 95 km/h out on the Hyderabad ORR, below the notified speed limit of 100 km/h.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th June 2020 at 21:44.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 21:37   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Check this post of mine. Try and see if it is indeed the HU that is throwing out those random chimes.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 06:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Big mystery!

Look at any of the Seltos ownership threads or even our official review thread and you will find users reporting this observation. Few of us suggested that once you cross 80 km/h, it occurs every one minute. However, I have noticed this chime comes even below 80 km/h and at irregular intervals.
Yes, it’s very irregular and it’s definitely not once per minute in my car. I’m still unable to figure out any pattern. I have once heard it at around 70 kmph but this was after I reduced the speed from 90 kmph. This has become very irritating on highways. It actually distracts me a lot rather than doing any good. I’m perfectly fine with the continuous chime after 120 kmph as I rarely get a chance to do such speeds but the chime at 80 kmph along with these random chimes bother me a lot. I may get used to it in future but currently I’m absolutely not enjoying the highway drives

Quote:
Mystery continues! Let me know if you figure it out. I will check with the ASS during my 3rd service visit on Saturday.
My first service is due next week. Will try to get some information from SA.

Quote:
The HU doesn't have integrated navigation in it and it depends on Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. That said, I can confirm that I have heard this random chime even when I hadn't connected to Android Auto. And I have heard it while cruising at steady 95 km/h out on the Hyderabad ORR, below the notified speed limit of 100 km/h.
Quote:
Check this post of mine. Try and see if it is indeed the HU that is throwing out those random chimes.
I can confirm that it’s not the HU as I had turned it off during most of my drives.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 5th June 2020 at 06:50.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 10:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Few of us suggested that once you cross 80 km/h, it occurs every one minute. However, I have noticed this chime comes even below 80 km/h and at irregular intervals.
Quote:
I drove about 60 km on an empty highway this morning and can confirm that it’s a bug. I had also turned off the HU just to confirm that the chimes are not triggered by it. I had set the cruise control to 85 kmph for most part of the drive and heard the chimes around 15 times in 45 minutes at random intervals. At one point of time, the continuous chime got triggered at 110 kmph without the warning on the MID. While the chimes at 80 and 120 kmph are accompanied by the “Reduce Speed” warning on the MID, the random chimes do not show any such warning. If those random chimes were intentional, even the warning sign should have appeared on the MID. I’m going to complain about this during the first service but since every Seltos has this issue, I doubt if they have any fix for this. The otherwise pleasant highway drives are spoilt by these random chimes.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 6th June 2020 at 10:37.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 17:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

First Service Update:

Current odometer reading: 501 km
Average Fuel Efficiency: 13 kmpl
Service Center: Advaith Kia, Lalbagh, Bengaluru

It's one month since I bought the car and hence took the car to the service center today. I got a call from the service center last week and they booked my appointment for today. The appointment details immediately got updated in the Kia Link app.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-appointment.png

I reached the service center at 9 AM. My service advisor Mr. Vinay Kumar took the pictures of the car from all angles in his iPad (including pictures of interiors and boot). I informed him that I'll wait in the service center until the service is completed. He said it may take around 2 hours and asked me to wait in the lounge. The receptionist provided the WiFi password for the guest network and I got into my work. I then started getting real time updates of the service on my phone:
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-status_1.png

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-status_2.png

The service was just a general checkup accompanied by a wash. The only complaint I had for them is the random speed warning chimes that are heard between 80-120 kmph. The SA initially thought I was requesting him to disable the chimes and he said it's not possible to do it. I then explained him in detail that I'm not asking him to disable the chimes but complaining about the random chimes that are heard between 80-120 kmph. No one in the service center had any clue about it. He mentioned that few folks have complained about it in the past but they really don't know what the exact issue is.

The overall service experience was great. There was no cost involved. The service area is very neat and not crowded. I guess they take only limited number of cars per day. The lounge area in the service center is pretty good. The internet speed of the guest network was great. I never expected the service center guest network speeds to be so fast. The only thing I don't like about this service center is the approach road. It's a narrow street with lots of goods vehicles moving around. There is a very high chance of cars getting scratched with the goods vehicles zipping around with no respect to rules.

They didn't have the neck rests in stock on the delivery day. I reminded them and got it today:
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK+ Diesel AT | EDIT: Sold at 46,000 km-neck_rest.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 12th June 2020 at 17:14.
guyfrmblr is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks