Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 14:13   #76
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNURAN View Post

Strangely, the power loss issue resolved itself without surgery. A couple of high speed road trips to Tamilnadu + Andhra Pradesh did the trick.
Haha, that’s your car’s way of telling you to go on some highway drives, I do occasionally feel that there’s slight power drop in the morning if I’m driving my car, say after a week, but once it reaches operating temperature, it comes back to life. And those are some lovely pictures of your Rapid. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Great travelogue Sachin

Have visited Chitrakoot a couple of times. But didn't know about Mendri waterfall - thanks for the info.
Thanks mate and lately I’m coming to know about more such hidden places in Bastar, one being Kuyemari near Keshakal, I would plan a visit soon. And whenever you are in Chhattisgarh, do ping me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuberance View Post
It was around 22-25K as far as I recall. The front springs and the connecting rod, etc. were changed. So 50K sounds about right. But do check if you'd like to go for both or only the front ones.
Thanks gentleman, this really helps. I have observed that my front end is holding good but the rear gets bit soft when the car is loaded with passengers and luggage, I will get it checked soon.
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 08:24   #77
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
However, I'm confused about tyre upgrade as to whether upsize to 205/55R15 Continental MC5 or stick to 185/60 OEM size. My drive consists of 70% highways and rest rural roads.
Have you changed the tyres yet ?

If so, how is performance of upsized (wider) tyres vs stock in monsoon/rainy conditions ?

Does upsizing affect warranty ?

I am afraid I might have missed it in the thread
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 10:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Have you changed the tyres yet ?

If so, how is performance of upsized (wider) tyres vs stock in monsoon/rainy conditions ?

Does upsizing affect warranty ?

I am afraid I might have missed it in the thread
Hi there, due to my health issues my running has gone down so I didn’t bother to change the tyres, however a recent highway drive has made it clear that my current goodyears have become noisy. Regarding the upsize, I have received mixed feedbacks like since the warranty on suspension is limited so it hardly matters if we upsize but then one member also pointed out if something goes wrong with the DSG then they would try to blame it on your tyre upsize. For now, I have decided to stick to OEM size 185/60 R15 and I have shortlisted two tyres- MRF ZLX (considering the deteriorating road conditions here) and Michelin XM2+ for low tyre noise(If I get a good price, I will go ahead with them. Last I was quoted 6.5k per tyre). If at all I plan to upsize, then it will be 195/55 R16 on those lovely diamond cut clubber alloys from monte carlo (subject to availability). Hope it helps and if you go ahead with tyre upsize, then please do share your experience.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 19:15   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there, due to my health issues my running has gone down
Get well soon, and munch more miles sinisterly

Quote:
if you go ahead with tyre upsize, then please do share your experience.
It's for a colleagues Diesel rapid AT. The SA in trivandrum let him know orally that upsized tyres will affect the warranty. Also his regular tyre alignment guy opines that wider tires perform poorly in wet conditions (kerala sees heavy rains for 4 to 5 months a year)

So he is in a dilemma now
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:06   #80
BHPian

02nd November 2021:

All our previous cars were bought on Dhanteras, however, Rapid is an exception as we got the delivery on Valentine's day. So, this Dhanteras I gifted a LTD sticker to my Rapid and also tried my hands at making a Rangoli. It was my first attempt at it and I know it is not the most beautiful rangoli but I really enjoyed the process

My Got-BHP? sticker got damaged so here comes LIVE TO DRIVE, I bought them back in 2013
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-img_20211102_181915.jpg

In the making
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-img_20211102_180548.jpg

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-img_20211102_181206.jpg

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-img_20211102_181213.jpg

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-img_20211102_182527.jpg

Dedicated to my Heisenberg and this beautiful community
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-img_20211102_191550.jpg

P.S. My mom didn't allow me to use the black colour for Rangoli so I tried making one myself by mixing green-blue-red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Get well soon, and munch more miles sinisterly
Thank you so much Voodooblaster for the wishes.
sachin_cs is offline   (70) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 10:00   #81
BHPian

Dobrý den
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-2-front-shot.jpg

While writing this, I have done 45,600kms in my 2019 Rapid DSG ambition and updating this thread is very difficult for one reason- I just click way too many pictures and I shortlisted some 150 odd photos to upload (finally brought them down to 60). There's a lot to share with everyone right from the 3rd annual service to rodent menace to my newfound love Michelins. Buckle up for 2 posts (30 pictures per post x 2)-

Meet Kyra:

Hello BHPians
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-1-new-addition.jpg

This is a pre-worshipped 2019 single owner, only 9k kms driven, still in warranty KWID which we picked up this October for 3.45L. The reason why this car was added to my garage- I simply love my Heisenberg way too much (every time I go to the city, these snakes riding 2 wheelers try to squeeze in gaps where even a cat would think twice, as a result, I have picked up tiny scratches here and there for no fault of mine). I had it enough and decided either I get the bull bar on all four sides with sharp swords like stuff or get PPF. When I enquired about 3M PPF prices for the entire car, the next thing I remember- Kyra was parked in my garage

How a puncture could impress you:

I was running on the factory rock hard Goodyears and all thanks to our roads a stone managed to pierce it somehow. Since I was down with health, I asked my brother to change the tyre and we were mighty impressed with the tools supplied. Seriously, these Germans are crazy as they think of all these tiny quirks which our previous car manufacturer would never give enough attention to, can't blame them either as they are onto some advanced level engineering focussed on removing structural members to attain that magical fuel efficiency numbers.

Perks of having an elder brother
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-3-puncture.jpg

Helps in keeping the rattles away
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-4-styrofoam.jpg

The jack comes with a proper handle
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-5-jack-handle.jpg

I like that colour and build
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-6-jack-quality.jpg

It even comes with a plastic driver to remove bolts once you've loosened it with spanner
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-7-wheel-nut.jpg

German engineering makes life easier
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-8-process.jpg

Goes well with my car's colour
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-9-goodquality.jpg

One thing I hate about my car is the rotors, they get warped in 20k km
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-10-disc-warp.jpg

After all the hard work..ahem.. a drive is a must
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-11-drive.jpg

Never ending battle between a petrolhead and petrolheads (they really are, trust me):

For some reason, my neighbourhood rodents love my car as much as I do, in the last three years I even caught 6 not so intelligent ones in rat trap but their family members definitely have higher IQ, as they have learned to dodge these guaranteed rat solutions- Rs.1100 3M Rodent spray, Amazon rodent spray, local Mahesh car decor rat spray, tobacco, phenolphthalein balls, changed my parking location, removed all possible point of attraction for rats and even made my dog sleep in front of the car (he is a dead log when he sleeps) but nothing worked, nothing! I was fed up with all my attempts and then my Mom brought the magic spray- Red hit. The key is to spray red hit on all 4 wheels and engine bay once every week. We usually do this on Fridays as our car is not driven on weekends and it also reduces the chance of AC picking up the smell of Hit. Trust me, it works! We ensure proper precaution when using it- like using gloves, masks, making sure not to spray when we would be using the car in the next 24 hours etc.

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-12-rat-menace.jpg

They leave their sacred footprints all over the engine bay
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-13.jpg

Touchwood no wires have been feasted upon yet
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-14-no-wires.jpg

Plan 100
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-15-way-one.jpg

Plan 101
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-16-way-.jpg

Plan 102
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-17-way-.jpg

Plan 12897th (foolproof one)
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-18-new-method.jpg

Success deserves a drive right?
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-20.jpg

I love monsoons as long as I don't have to wash my car
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-21-monsoon-drops.jpg

This dent is a mystery- I don't recall hitting anywhere neither does my father nor my brother (or maybe someone in the family is playing games)
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-22-dent.jpg

Trying to be a DIY guy which I'm not:

With all the cars I have owned in the past, there's one thing in common- odour from blower when we don't switch on the AC. To solve this, I researched a lot and a simple-cheap-effective solution I found was to replace the cabin filter with a charcoal one. I fired boodmo and ordered "VAG OEM filter insert with odour filtering" as claimed by the seller MTC. As per the website, it was an original VAG product, made in Slovakia that was compatible with Polo, Rapid and their derivatives. I impatiently waited for 2 weeks and meanwhile boasted to my entire family that my car uses a made in Slovakia filter shared between VW Skoda Seat Audi and when the D-day arrived, I was in for a big disappointment. Here's why-

Boasting material
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-23-boodmo-.jpg

Charcoal filter
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-24-filter.jpg

Waiting for the day when that famous brand comes up with desi Neem Tulsi filter
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-25.jpg

This is where the cabin filter sits in PQ25s sold in India (Damn that interior looks so clean for a 3-year-old car)
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-26-location-filter.jpg

The filter is held in place by two clips. Slide them to the centre to remove it
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-27-slide.jpg

This is how it should look
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-28-clip-slided.jpg

Mere 3000kms can do this to a new filter
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-29-dirty-filter.jpg

Filter and its bracket. Ensure the correct airflow direction while installing it, arrows are printed on the side.
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-30-clip.jpg

Surprise, surprise! the delivered filter is actually smaller in size. See the gap between the filter and bracket.
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-32-small-size.jpg

After royally failing in my DIY attempt, I cleaned the previous filter using a blower and installed it back. Also created a return request in boodmo and it took 2 weeks for them to refund the money. As far as that odour issue is concerned, well it's there and I tend to roll down my windows for a bit and then directly start the air conditioning.

P.S. I have reached the 30 photos per post limit.
sachin_cs is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 12:47   #82
BHPian

Michelins XM2+

Fill it-Shut it-Forget it:

Well, you don't associate the above line with a Skoda and that too a DSG at it. Touchwood, my car is running absolutely flawless since day 1, there's no rattle, there's no abs sensor failure, there are no Christmas lights on the instrument panel and it still drives the way it did on the day of purchase & as an added bonus the mileage is 20+ in 90% of the situations. Couldn't have been happier than this, the car is fast and frugal, it's reliable and surprisingly easy on the pocket too. I know this love relation would continue till the time I don't have to change my clutch pack & DMF, after that, I can't really commit.

Went on my birthday drive to Mayfair
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-33-bday-drive.jpg

Took it to IIM Raipur lake
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-34-iim.jpg

My camera automatically picked up this glare
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-35-glare.jpg

3rd Annual Service:

My previous services were done at 15,000km intervals as my running was good, however this time due to the pandemic and health issues, the car did only 11k km in 12 months and it was serviced on 3rd July 2021 at 41,500kms. I was on bed rest so I could not go to the service centre, my brother took the car for service in the morning and he was out of the service centre by lunchtime. Since I have purchased the Service package, I didn't have to spend anything on the service. I wanted to get the wiper blades changed as the ones which came with the car were leaving streaks, I ordered frameless wipers from amazon and they would shudder a lot, then I again ordered the simple steel Bosch wiper blades but they had pathetic build quality and finally, I got it changed from the service centre itself, they are of good quality and do the job. The only disappointment with the service was their washing, when the car came back home, it was full of swirl marks . It took 3 washes and 2 wax sessions to get back the shine. Below is the invoice-

Name:  33 a service 1.JPG
Views: 565
Size:  109.9 KB

Name:  33 a service 2.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  95.8 KB

New shoes:

Having driven on stone-hard Goodyears coupled with Rapid's stiff suspension, I was sure that I would want to go for a soft compound tyre this time. The dilemma was to whether go for stock size or upsize, which brand, where to source from etc. It took one month of research and I finally went ahead with Michelin XM2+ in 185/60 R15 size. Sourcing these Michelins are a challenge, I was constantly stalking the two dealers here and finally one had it in Bhilai, which is 75kms from my home. I decided to drive all the way there as that shop has good reviews and also the one in Raipur is located in the old city which is way too crowded. 17th November 2021 was the day, I called my best friend Ali and asked him if he could come along. We started from Raipur at around 1 PM and reached Sadguru tyres, Supela, Bhilai around 3 PM, the roads are absolutely crap, I even had one underbody hit. The guys at the tyre shop were quick enough and immediately started working on my car. One thing I hate about all the tyre shops here is that these people have a habit of putting jack on the centre of the car. I repeatedly had to direct them not to damage the underbody cover, I was successful at two such attempts and then I lost my focus for a second and bam! the worker had put a jack on the rear torsion beam . Like, how hard is it for you to jack the car on right jacking points? It took 2 hours for the entire job and my alignment was finally rectified too, I was facing this issue wherein my car would pull to the left even on straight roads. Total damage to the wallet was Rs. 26,200/- (Rs.6,400 for each tyre and Rs.600 for balancing and alignment, I had to bargain hard).

Waiting for my bestie
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-36-tyre-day.jpg

Michelins baby
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-37-.jpg

March manufactured XM2+
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-37-michelins-baby.jpg

These machines always leave a scratch or two in alloys
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-38-process.jpg

Look at the rear jack placed on torsion beam and how close it is to the door
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-39-stupid-way-put-jack.jpg

Work in process
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-40-process.jpg

I have started appreciating this simple design as its dead easy to clean them
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-41-like-easy-clean.jpg

The other option was Yokohama but I wanted low tyre noise
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-42-workmanship.jpg

My darling
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-43-heisenberg.jpg

I was also facing slight wobbling at speeds of 90kmph and balancing solved it
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-44-wobble-solved.jpg

Thanks to my bestie for accompanying me and also doing his office work from a tyre shop
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-45-bestie.jpg

Work in progress
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-46-wip.jpg

Finally new shoes.. they are worth it
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-47-new-shoes.jpg

This gets to my nerves
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-48-jack-wrong.jpg

Time to correct left pull
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-49-alignment.jpg

My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-50-align.jpg

Experience post tyre change:

The car is a dream to drive now, it has changed the entire driving dynamics and I feel like I'm driving a completely new car. I have done close to 600kms after the tyre change and I have mostly good things to say about them, the ride feels so supple now and I don't feel each and every bump as I did with the earlier tyres. Overall I'm a very happy man, I would definitely suggest fellow owners- do consider Michelins. I also pondered about Continentals but BHPian PrasannaDhana told me that they get noisy after a point of time, he had it in his brother's rapid and then other contender was MRF but they don't sell Perfinzas in my size. I also got to know that Michelin has started using the same tyre compound in P4STs and XM2+, so that was an added bonus, even when enquired among the tyre dealers, they all had only good things to say about the brand. Unfortunately, I could not fill up nitrogen this time, from last 2.5 years I was running only on nitrogen and I can tell you the difference, once you do spirited highspeed driving the nitrogen has no significant change in character but with normal air in the tyres, I can feel that the pressure shots up too quickly after the drive.

I don't know what to do with them
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-51-idk.jpg

I checked the tread on my old tyres and they are good for a couple of thousand kms, I will sell them on olx probably
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-52-tread.jpg

To celebrate the tyre change, we went to a cafe in Raipur and met this beautiful guy
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-53-met-pitbull.jpg

Those eyes
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-54-walk.jpg

A huge thanks to Ali for getting this birthday present to me, may God give a friend like him to all the auto enthusiasts
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-55-bday-gift.jpg

Awesome 45k kms with my Rapid
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-58-milestone.jpg

Signing off for now~ Heisenberg
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-56-new-tyre-drive.jpg

Last edited by sachin_cs : 25th November 2021 at 13:16. Reason: Shared my personal details by mistake
sachin_cs is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:14   #83
BHPian

It was fun going through the finer details! The car looks in prime condition. Did you consider changing from the stock 185 tyres? I am yet to try Michelin as they are soft and might wear off faster.
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:20   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
It was fun going through the finer details! The car looks in prime condition. Did you consider changing from the stock 185 tyres? I am yet to try Michelin as they are soft and might wear off faster.
Thanks man, I try to keep my car scratch free with best of my abilities, couple of practices I follow are-
  • I'm very particular about where I'm parking my car because from my experience I believe that I pick more scratches in a parked car
  • Whenever I'm in city, I try to leave enough space between the car and divider to let 2 wheelers pass through or don't leave any space so that no biker even attempts to pass through in standstill traffic
  • monthly waxing and getting touch-up every year

Regarding tyres, I contemplated about 195/60R15 and 205/55R15 but decided to go ahead with stock size as I'm happy with the grip and ride quality on offer and also I don't want to give Skoda warranty people any reason to blame me for my future dsg failure (Hope I don't see that day).

P.S. I have heard Michelins last longer than other brands.
sachin_cs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:24   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Regarding tyres, I contemplated about 195/60R15 and 205/55R15 but decided to go ahead with stock size as I'm happy with the grip and ride quality on offer
We had a bad time with 205 section on our Rapid. 195 is fine, 205 on 15 inch rims is not a good idea. My brother had to replace the tie rod after using 205s.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:54   #86
BHPian

Congratulations on the new tyres Sachin. Europeans need proper rubber to exploit their potential. Good choice.
I was scrolling through the wheel alignment pics and felt that the place looks known. Went back and read the dealer name - Sadhguru Tyres.
It seems Raipur still doesn’t have proper Michelin dealers.

I too got the Michelin’s for my Linea from the same place in October 2017 when I was fed up of my OEM Goodyear’s which were a puncture magnet. 4 years and 36k kms later, I couldn’t be more happier on my choice of tyres.

Dealer messed up the alignment though.
abhi_tjet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 13:14   #87
BHPian

Regarding the Charcoal AC Filter you can try the following part number which comes with VW Polo.
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!-414e27b25148479b949ca9ab78112f77.jpeg  

MayurS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:31   #88
BHPian

As always, it is a joy to read of your love affair with Heisenberg. Awesome car, pics and of course, the relationship.

I am following in your tracks with almost the same mileage as yours and had an eventful October with a VERY satisfactory 45K Service done at EVM Skoda in Kozhikode. (I had initially planned on driving all the way to TAFE Access Bangalore, but fate intervened. The ABS sensor went kaput again and I decided to service it closer home)

I have deferred my tyre change to next month, but am planning to go for Conti UC6. I have been quoted 5500 per tyre, fixing free. I really hope the improvement in ride quality is on the scale you have experienced.

Another little blooper (if I may term it so) has been a recent cleaning and waxing routine. I had exhausted my Formula 1 Wax Bottle and switched to a VW branded wax I got as a freebie. I think I erred on two counts:
In my zeal to get off as much of the prior wax coat as possible, I used a laundry detergent, and that too, on a warm car.
And though I used a microfiber, I may have used more force than necessary in the wax application.

The net result is that the car is not its gleaming blue that it used to be. It beads water perfectly, but I am sure the shine is a tad lower than from the Formula 1 application.
I immediately got a Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell through Amazon and will post pics after I apply. You could comment on if my misgivings with the shine are psychological or justified
KANNURAN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:30   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
My brother had to replace the tie rod after using 205s.
Thanks for sharing this valuable information, I will keep that in mind for future upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
It seems Raipur still doesn’t have proper Michelin dealers.

I too got the Michelin’s for my Linea from the same place in October 2017 when I was fed up of my OEM Goodyear’s which were a puncture magnet. 4 years and 36k kms later, I couldn’t be more happier on my choice of tyres.
Thanks Abhi and it’s really great to see a BHPian from this side of the country, whenever you are here, do pm me, we can plan a meet sometime. And it’s so true that we still don’t have a proper dealer here, the one we have is in Maudhapara and it’s too crowded.

Quote:
Dealer messed up the alignment though.
Do I need to keep a watch on something specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
Regarding the Charcoal AC Filter you can try the following part number which comes with VW Polo.
Thank you
Hey, thanks mate! That’s really helpful, I will try to source this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNURAN View Post
As always, it is a joy to read of your love affair with Heisenberg. Awesome car, pics and of course, the relationship.
Thanks man, it’s always a pleasure to read your replies and seeing your BlueDyedBoy makes me equally happy.

Quote:
In my zeal to get off as much of the prior wax coat as possible, I used a laundry detergent, and that too, on a warm car.
And though I used a microfiber, I may have used more force than necessary in the wax application.

The net result is that the car is not its gleaming blue that it used to be. It beads water perfectly, but I am sure the shine is a tad lower than from the Formula 1 application.
I’m suspecting it to be a slight damage on the clear coat due to the harsh detergent but nothing a proper rubbing and polishing won’t solve. Take your BlueDyedBoy for a detailing session and he will shine like the way he did on the day of purchase.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 27th November 2021 at 09:58.
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 11:27   #90
BHPian

Quote:
whenever you are here, do pm me, we can plan a meet sometime.
Sure thing. I would love to connect with a fellow bhpian.

Quote:
Do I need to keep a watch on something specific?
Regarding alignment, the steering was right side offset after the tyre change and alignment process. I got this tyre change done just a night before I planned to drive to Pune and hence no time to go back. Finally, got that corrected in Pune.

If no visible problem after the tyre change, I suppose Heisenberg is good.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed