Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2020, 23:15   #166
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Hi Sir, Can this be done using VCDS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
2. Enabled Skoda Surround and Virtual Subwoofer in the Sound Settings. This gives a bit more surround sound & subwoofer like effect while playing music.

4. And my favourite , enabled Scandinavian DRL mode and the 'Headlight Eyelashes' to always ON.

Also one thing I like in the headlight are those vertical slashes which Skoda calls Eyelashes. But sadly they don't light up when the DRL is ON. They only light up when the headlights are ON and the lights are set to Park mode. Enabling the Eyelashes ON made sure that they are ON all the time.

Attachment 2046831
Attachment 2046832
Old 10th October 2020, 17:37   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadathani View Post

Anything on the rear door mud and dirt getting in ? Am having a lot of trouble getting the car cleaned from the rear as well the the front bumper where in a lot of dirt and slime gets plastered on everywhere.
Hi Prasad, yes there is a fair bit of slush entering the rear door gap. After washing the full exterior of the car and you open the rear door there is a good amount of dirt inside the rear door edge.
I think the dirt is thrown from the wheels to the door edge. See pic attached below.
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-screenshot-20201010-5.17.19-pm.png

Normally in most cars there will be some metal or plastic cladding in that area so that the door edge stays within the wheel arch. But in the Karoq the door edge extends upto the wheel arch. See the reference pics below of the Ford Ecosport and Skoda Kodiaq. Their door edges are away from the wheel arch.
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-screenshot-20201010-5.23.48-pm.png
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-screenshot-20201010-5.27.26-pm.png

I think thats why slush is entering the rear door gap in our Karoq. But nothing so bad that it enters inside the cabin or so. Just that we should never forget to open the rear door and clean the inside part every time we wash the car.

The below image once posted by Parth Oomphy in this thread shows the exact same problem.
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-e948d0cade1940a8a952f9b250855d72.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Thanks to Mr.Perera for his wonderful review of the Karoq. It helped me make up my mind for the car. Took delivery on the same day i became a member of Team-Bhp
Congrats Schneller ! Welcome to the family

Quote:
Hi Sir, Can this be done using VCDS?
Yes, Schneller it can be done via VCDS too.

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 10th October 2020 at 17:46.
Mr.Perera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 19:08   #168
BHPian

Karoq Buyers, please tell me one thing. Did all of you get your Essential Accesories Kit on time? And did you get your Navigation SD card as well. My dealer hasn’t provided both. He says the SD card comes in the same box as the essential kit and it is currently out of stock and would take some time to come in. He says we can expect it in this month. I’m very unsatisfied with skoda for not importing enough essential kits as many cars they have imported. I can’t find the Mats for this car and even the Nav doesn’t work without the card.
Please someone with experience help?
Old 11th October 2020, 00:39   #169
BHPian

Quote:
I can’t find the Mats for this car and even the Nav doesn’t work without the card.
Thats so bad of Skoda not to have had these kits in surplus.

If you have a 3M store nearby, you can get the 3M Nomad mats. In all my previous cars, I've had those and they lasted a good 5-6 years on each car.

Regarding the Navigation, I guess you have to wait till they are able to deliver your kit. Can you meanwhile use the Andriod Auto or Apple CarPlay to use navigation out of your phone on the console. I know you cannot project that to the Virtual cockpit but I guess some work-around in the interim.

--Kalyan
Old 11th October 2020, 10:42   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Thats so bad of Skoda not to have had these kits in surplus.

If you have a 3M store nearby, you can get the 3M Nomad mats. In all my previous cars, I've had those and they lasted a good 5-6 years on each car.

Regarding the Navigation, I guess you have to wait till they are able to deliver your kit. Can you meanwhile use the Andriod Auto or Apple CarPlay to use navigation out of your phone on the console. I know you cannot project that to the Virtual cockpit but I guess some work-around in the interim.

--Kalyan
I myself have thought about the Nomad mats and would like to use them as a last resort. They are good but, would be a waste of money if i receive the Skoda Mats in a few days. The Skoda mats are of very good quality and I would prefer them.
If they don’t arrive this month, i would definitely visit the 3M centre.
I seldom need Navigation but, this is the first time i would see Maps mirrored on the Cockpit, so im just excited about it and being as someone who paid 28 lakh for their vehicle, Skoda should have ensured that i get to do it. My frustration lies with the fact that i have a new car which feels incomplete. If nothing happens in a few days time im sure to tweet to Zac Hollis. That usually gets the ball rolling in Skoda related issues.
Schneller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 13:23   #171

Quote:
Karoq Buyers, please tell me one thing. Did all of you get your Essential Accesories Kit on time? And did you get your Navigation SD card as well. My dealer hasn’t provided both. He says the SD card comes in the same box as the essential kit and it is currently out of stock and would take some time to come in. He says we can expect it in this month. I’m very unsatisfied with skoda for not importing enough essential kits as many cars they have imported. I can’t find the Mats for this car and even the Nav doesn’t work without the card.
Even I faced a delay in getting the kit, received it almost a month after I got my car. It's worth the wait as the kit is of really good quality.

You could use Google maps through Android auto/ apple carplay, but as mentioned previously it will not show in the virtual cockpit.

The navigation chip I received in the kit did not work initially. Apparently it was the Euro spec navigation card, it had to be formatted and updated to Indian spec. For this, I had to drop off my car at service centre and they took about 6 hours to finish the job. It now works seamlessly.
Old 11th October 2020, 14:47   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Karoq Buyers, please tell me one thing. Did all of you get your Essential Accesories Kit on time? And did you get your Navigation SD card as well.
I can completely understand what you are going through ! I got my essential kit and Navigation SD card after 3 weeks only. I could have lived without everything except the floor mats ! It was very difficult to drive those 3 weeks without floor mats. When everyone came to see the new car, it had paper sheets inside that the dealership gave instead of the mats.
The SD card excitement will last only for a day once you get it. Like Kushal my card also did not work initially and had to drop the car and the card at the service for the software update. The only good thing about it is the map mirroring on the virtual cockpit which looks cool, the inbuilt navigation as such is very bad IMO. I rely on Android Auto all the time. I really wish Skoda gives this essential kit with the car itself. Luckily for most of us we have the showroom is nearby and can go collect it later. But for people who don't have a showroom in their district will have a tough time. I would suggest you wait for few more days and see. Thats the only thing that can be done now.

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 11th October 2020 at 14:53.
Mr.Perera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 16:39   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
I can completely understand what you are going through ! I got my essential kit and Navigation SD card after 3 weeks only. I could have lived without everything except the floor mats !
Even i face the same problem, Floor mats and Mud Flaps. These are the 2 main things that one needs. I hope i can receive these soon. For the Navigation, i myself always use apple carplay but, the main time i ever use the on board nav is in the hills. With bad internet, it is a live-saver and also a good safety feature. While driving at night in the hills without street lights, you can anticipate where the turns are going to be. Once my car’s headlights went kaput in this scenario. I drove about 40 kms in the dark using the Nav system. The mirroring in the Cockpit will enhance this feature as a safety feature much more i feel.

In the meanwhile, i have order 400 rupee cloth mats from Amazon (universal) and will use them. The car will probably be registered this Coming week and then i will start using it (it is on TC) as of now. Hoping i get the kit soon. After all the stories, I’m very skeptical of Škoda dealers in everything.

Also, were the mud guards also delivered after 3 weeks? Asking because I remembered today morning that the car had mudguards in it’s boot when it arrived at the dealership. But it wasn’t installed in my Vehicle and said as pending.
Old 12th October 2020, 11:45   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Hope you have a great time with the car.

I got the kit (flaps, mats, boot essentials, coat hanger, umbrella, etc) and the navigation card along with the car at the time of delivery. Also, the navigation card has been working flawlessly since the word go. I recently updated it to the latest maps from the Skoda Update portal. The maps mirroring is super cool and spoils you. Once you get used to it, you'll find using maps on the infotainment unit cumbersome! Pity that android auto maps can't be mirrored.

I'm still waiting for accessories. I want to buy a car cover and they don't have it yet.
Old 12th October 2020, 21:15   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Hearty Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Hope you have a great time with the car.

I got the kit (flaps, mats, boot essentials, coat hanger, umbrella, etc) and the navigation card along with the car at the time of delivery.
You’re lucky! My dealer had a word with me today, he said the Regional Sales Manager would be visiting tomorrow and he would ask him on an update as there are close to 8-9 cars yet to receive their kits. I think it is complete bull but, let’s wait and watch.

I tried to download skoda maps onto a normal SD card and see if that would work. Needless to say it didn’t. I’m so eager to get my damn SD card.
Old 12th October 2020, 23:19   #176

Quote:
Also, were the mud guards also delivered after 3 weeks? Asking because I remembered today morning that the car had mudguards in it’s boot when it arrived at the dealership. But it wasn’t installed in my Vehicle and said as pending.
Yes, the mud guards are a part of the essential kit and will be given along with the floor mats, navigation SD, etc.

In my opinion, the car looks better without the mud guards.
kushal.b110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 11:53   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Yup received all the essential kit on time and with the car.
Old 13th October 2020, 14:43   #178

Folks,

I am trying to buy a new Karoq. The dealers have always been fussy to say only 1 car left in the stock (which i can live with) for pressure sakes. What I find annoying is that they are not giving me a choice of colors. For my preferred choice of color, I am being asked to wait 3-4 months.

Karoq has been well received by the Indian Markets and its a CBU at this moment.

What does one do - if you want a specific color?
Old 13th October 2020, 17:07   #179
BHPian

So, today the dealer informed me that car will be registered tomorrow (Wednesday 14/10). He told me he will tell me about the kit in a few minutes. He didn’t call back. Out of frustration today, i tweeted Zac Hollis. Let’s see what happens now.
COVID has become a national bahana now to everyone. Every time you ask why something is wrong, due to COVID. Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-abc494bf5f5140d2a67d21b22b6a2b8f.png
Schneller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 17:08   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamd View Post
Folks,

I am trying to buy a new Karoq. The dealers have always been fussy to say only 1 car left in the stock (which i can live with) for pressure sakes. What I find annoying is that they are not giving me a choice of colors. For my preferred choice of color, I am being asked to wait 3-4 months.

Karoq has been well received by the Indian Markets and its a CBU at this moment.

What does one do - if you want a specific color?
It is an expensive purchase and if you have a specific colour in mind... just wait and get the car in the colour you desire. Its your money and should be your choice.

If it is a pressure tactic, they will come back soon saying they have found the colour you want but you have to close soon and no discounts. Bargain hard and don't relent to their stories. Once they understand you don't want to be rushed, slowly they will come to the table as they want to close the deal as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks