Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 13:27   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth Oomphy View Post
Both the cars may have similar specs on paper, and they drive similarly too, but if you want added luxury, comfort, space & features (plus of course if you can stretch your budget), Karoq is the way to go. Otherwise Troc is a nice car man. I would have picked it over compass, harrier, creta/seltos any day everyday due to it’s stunning looks, exclusivity, tank like build quality (being a CBU), European ride and high speed stability & of course that sweet performance and sound of the 1.5 TSI (which Korean 1.4 turbo petrol can never match)!
Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll have many enjoyable miles with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Question for all Karoq owners: Do you really think the 5 lakh price premium over the VW T-Roc is justified? Or did you have a moment of buyer's regret?
Before buying the Karoq, I had just one car in mind - T Roc. I had wanted nothing else. However, sitting inside the T Roc, it felt worse than my 2013 GT TSI in terms of quality of interiors. And the space was only a tiny bit more than the GT. Just did not feel that I was sitting in a 23L car. I still kept convincing myself that the drive will more than makeup for it. But in the end, space was a major reason why I wanted to buy a new car. I was not keen on getting a Skoda. Reluctantly test drove the Karoq, after reading Mr.Perera's review. And boy, what an impression it made. To a mind saddened by the T Roc, this was a pure joy. The interiors were luxurious, spacious, extremely well thought out and put together. Every bit of it felt premium. The wife loved it and then there was no going back. I booked it in a day and 15 days later the car was with us. Not a moment of regret till now. But the key factor is time. My GT TSI is still going strong in its 8th year. Feels so tight and is a joy to drive. Let us see how the Karoq ages.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd August 2020 at 17:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote functionality (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
cpabhijit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 16:41   #107
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal.b110 View Post
Congratulations Mr. Perera on your new car, loved your review of the car and the accompanying photos. The dechromed grill definitely looks better than stock.
I have booked a quartz grey karoq and should be taking delivery some time mid August.
I had a question regarding the sunroof, since it's a panoramic sunroof, does the car tend to heat up a lot if parked outside or does the roof liner do a good job in keeping the car cool?
Thanks Kushal. The roof liner does a good job in blocking the sunlight. So it wont be a major problem to worry in my opinion.
Do post the photos of your car once you get it ! Im sure the grey Karoq with a black grill will look really nice. Do consider de chroming your grill as well
Mr.Perera is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 21:37   #108
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to ask. But what is that bump on the roof of the Honda, in the pic you posted?
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:19   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry to ask. But what is that bump on the roof of the Honda, in the pic you posted?
This is was an accessory which was put by Honda guys on the test car I booked. It was a wind deflector or something for the sunroof.
But it was looking pretty ugly I must say!
Parth Oomphy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 08:04   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Thanks Kushal. The roof liner does a good job in blocking the sunlight. So it wont be a major problem to worry in my opinion.
Do post the photos of your car once you get it ! Im sure the grey Karoq with a black grill will look really nice. Do consider de chroming your grill as well
Thank you for your response Mr. Perera.
I do have plans of de chroming the grill, will post pictures once I pick up the car.
Old 5th August 2020, 11:10   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my ŠKODA Karoq today from Brite ŠKODA, Noida. Wonderful experience & a great car.
1. New design line of Skoda is so crisp. All vehicles look killer, from Rapid to Karoq to Octavia to Feature rich Superb. Congrats on your new asset.

2. Did you compare Creta 2020 top model and Karoq ? I now Karoq is league ahead in terms of premium - ness but was that the only thing you took the decision ? Both are of similar size. There are many similar exclusive features in Creta like Panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats and silky smooth IVT. Not to mention the great NVH.

Could you please tell us what are the specific reasons to choose Karoq over Creta. Other than "premium-ness" and "up market feel"
Old 5th August 2020, 13:10   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So 1st issue got noticed in my Karoq (see pics) today: 2nd August 2020.
The rear doors on both the sides have some panel gap issue due to which, mud/dirt gets inside the door while driving even when all the doors are completely closed. I found this out when I Recently took the car on a highway trip for the 1st time after buying it (& it was raining a lot at that time, so this issue was highlighted even more).
The issue isn’t there in the front doors (see pics).
Looking at the pics I can only tell you that this is not a defect but the design is that way.

A quick google tells me this is a known irritant in the Karoq:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...de-rear-doors/

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...in-back-doors/

https://www.karoqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=342

The reason is simple. The rear door edge of the karoq literally goes over the wheel well and there's no gap between the wheel well and the door edge.

You can see from StarrySky ownership report pics what I mean:
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-karoq_ir0.jpg

You can see the wheel arch is literally exposed and the door actually goes over it:
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-karoq_ir1.jpg

There is a small black rubber strip at the bottom of the door edge in yours as well but that is still not enough to block out the dirt:
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-karoq_ir2.jpg

Source: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...style-dsg.html (Ownership report: Skoda Karoq 1.6 TDI Style DSG)

However in the Kodiaq, you can clearly see there is a plastic cladding over the wheel that blocks out the mud and prevents this:
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-2017skodakodiaq03.jpg

My suggestion would be not give it to clueless dealer and make them fiddle with door alignment and open up something. You will have new issues like rattles.

This is just a nuance of the Karoq you will have to live with or come up with a DIY like this and try out on your own:

https://www.amazon.in/Stick-Seal-Sel...dp/B07BJ3THGR/

https://www.amazon.in/Bapna-Single-T...dp/B01BLBQ40Q/

https://www.amazon.in/Alp-Nitrile-Ad...dp/B019WS0WJE/
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 02:02   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post

2. Did you compare Creta 2020 top model and Karoq ? I now Karoq is league ahead in terms of premium - ness but was that the only thing you took the decision ? Both are of similar size. There are many similar exclusive features in Creta like Panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats and silky smooth IVT. Not to mention the great NVH.

Could you please tell us what are the specific reasons to choose Karoq over Creta. Other than "premium-ness" and "up market feel"
I think you didn’t read my car buying process which I explained in detail (along with all the cars I test drove before finalising the Karoq). It’s on the page 7 of this thread. Here’s the link to that post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-review-7.html (Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review)

Also, Karoq does have massive panoramic sunroof (even bigger than Creta’s) & NVH on Karoq are better than Creta Turbo. Also I found out that DSG was smoother than DCT especially at city speeds (& was also faster to shift).
Also, Karoq is almost 100mm longer & 40mm wider than creta/seltos (it’s same size as compass, a bit wider thought). Although height of Karoq isn’t as much as Creta/Seltos/Compass (even though Karoq has the highest ground clearance at 200mm). Having short height IMO is a good thing as it improves driving dynamics, high speed stability & reduces unnecessary body roll.
For detailed study, here are some of my notes which I made after test driving the cars thoroughly, which helped me a lot to decide between the 2 cars. There are a lot of other features which differentiate these cars (& reviewers tend to skip on these).
I hope this will also help you:

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-0d44741210fa429ebc85738e7b7e8569.png

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-4592c5f3cb9a4430b598be6b00491f81.png

If you want to see comparison of creta with the Troc (which is more competitively priced with Creta turbo) & want details of the Troc, see my post here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-lakhs-51.html (The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looking at the pics I can only tell you that this is not a defect but the design is that way.
Thanks man & yeah, I did send my Karoq to SKODA and they also said that there’s no defect in your car, it’s build as it is (apparently they are saying that it happens with all SKODA cars). Strangely enough, I never had this issue in any of my other cars except this one (that’s why I noticed it instantly when it happened).
But none the less, I guess now I have to make sure that car is cleaned by opening the rear doors as well (not just from outside). Little bit of an issue, but have to live with it now I guess.
And thanks again for the information. It really helped

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th August 2020 at 21:19. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Parth Oomphy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 11:18   #114
pms
BHPian

Would be great if you can throw some light on back seat space (knee room) and comfort on Karoq as compared to Creta.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 00:58   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Would be great if you can throw some light on back seat space (knee room) and comfort on Karoq as compared to Creta.
Karoq and creta has almost same space in the rear but you sit higher in Creta compared to karoq.

Some extra bits in Creta‘s rear: sun blinds in the door panels (which you need to separately buy for Karoq), Air purifier & reclinable rear seat (Karoq’s is fixed).

Extra’s in Karoq’s rear: You can access boot from Karoq’s back seat (ski hatch) and fold the rear seat from the boot with press of button (in Creta, it’s all manual). Also, Karoq has AC vents under front seats (to cool the feat of rear passengers). Also, you get white foot lighting at rear as well (like front), not there in Creta.
Bolstering on both the seats are good, so you’ll be comfortable in both.

So look at the overall package and decide. I have told you all the differences at the rear.
I hope it helps
Old 10th August 2020, 19:36   #116
pms
BHPian

I have planned a test drive for Karoq tomorrow at TAFE Access dealership in Bengaluru. Meanwhile the SA shared the price sheet and brochure. Attached herewith is the price sheet for reference. He was of the opinion that silver and lava blue color is kind of very difficult to procure due to pre-bookings and less cars coming in from the company. Not sure how far is this true, maybe I will get more clarity once I meet in person tomorrow.

Would be great if any of you can help me on what all things can we really bargain to bring down the price. When I checked with SA, he was of the opinion that its very difficult to get discounts other than loyalty bonus (VW or Skoda ownership) or Corporate offers (35K for select companies).

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-karoq-pricing.jpg
Old 10th August 2020, 21:44   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I have planned a test drive for Karoq tomorrow at TAFE Access dealership in Bengaluru. Meanwhile the SA shared the price sheet and brochure. Attached herewith is the price sheet for reference. He was of the opinion that silver and lava blue color is kind of very difficult to procure due to pre-bookings and less cars coming in from the company. Not sure how far is this true, maybe I will get more clarity once I meet in person tomorrow.

Would be great if any of you can help me on what all things can we really bargain to bring down the price. When I checked with SA, he was of the opinion that its very difficult to get discounts other than loyalty bonus (VW or Skoda ownership) or Corporate offers (35K for select companies).

Attachment 2041054
Yes, you can avail corporate discount (35-50k) + Loyalty bonus (I had Ameo so I got around 35k discount). Plus please get a reduction in depot charges (mine were 6k) & insurance (mine came at around 65k: tell them we’ll get it done ourselves & after some pressure, showroom guy should reduce at least 15-20k on the insurance amount he quoted).

Also please don’t buy driver assure elite Package or something like that, it’s not mandatory & I had developed good repo with my sales manager and he personally suggested me not to waste money on such fads (he didn’t even try to unnecessarily selling me extra packages). Also it isn’t of much use anyway considering the stuff it includes. You’ll save a tonne by not getting into such traps.

Also, just buy regular 50k one SKODA maintenance package (SMP) of 4 years, SKODA only mentions it on their official website for Karoq (not 70k one). See the pic below:

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-c52c60e5701f4fee89212fe781929412.jpeg

Also, don’t buy extended warranty now, you have option of buying it before expiration of your current warranty (that is 4 years from now). So you can decide 4 years later, based on your needs/use case/life situation, etc that you’ll need extended warranty or not. No point of giving money to dealer right now for a thing which will benefit you after 4 years.

Another important thing: You should also get Coat hanger, umbrella under front seat, in-car dustbin, ice scraper inside fuel lid area, 2 SKODA branded pillows, boot storage organiser (nets, etc: see Mr. Perera‘s 1st post) apart from the essential accessories they have mentioned in their quotation (they have missed certain things for sure, so do ask for it).

By using above methods, you can save upto 2 Lakhs on your Karoq purchase and it should definitely cost you under 30L. Also, Try to push harder for a discount & inquire with some other SKODA dealer & get their quote As well. Competition is always better for consumers.
Other members can add to this and save our fellow BHPian a few bucks. Cheers!

Last edited by Parth Oomphy : 10th August 2020 at 22:09.
Old 10th August 2020, 21:55   #118
BHPian

Quote:
When I checked with SA, he was of the opinion that its very difficult to get discounts other than loyalty bonus (VW or Skoda ownership) or Corporate offers (35K for select companies).
Oh there is corporate discount for Karoq then. It is not there for TRoc!

Sales being decent, I don't think if anything is negotiable. But then they are giving some accessories worth 10k as freebies, at least that was the case with TRoc.
Old 10th August 2020, 22:54   #119
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you can avail corporate discount (35-50k) + Loyalty bonus (I had Ameo so I got around 35k discount). Plus please get a reduction in depot charges (mine were 6k) & insurance (mine came at around 65k: tell them we’ll get it done ourselves & after some pressure, showroom guy should reduce at least 15-20k on the insurance amount he quoted).

Also please don’t buy driver assure elite Package or something like that, it’s not mandatory & I had developed good repo with my sales manager and he personally suggested me not to waste money on such fads (he didn’t even try to unnecessarily selling me extra packages). Also it isn’t of much use anyway considering the stuff it includes. You’ll save a tonne by not getting into such traps.

Also, just buy regular 50k one SKODA maintenance package (SMP) of 4 years, SKODA only mentions it on their official website for Karoq (not 70k one). See the pic below:

Attachment 2041106

Cheers!
Thanks for all this information Parth, really helps . I will take a test drive of the vehicle tomorrow with my Mrs. She is already miffed hearing the cost, but looking at your and Pereira's post am really looking forward for the test drive and experience. In case we decide to go ahead will definitely take all your points to avail a better deal. Today I didnt get into any sort of commercial discussion with the SA, was more trying to get into what they offer. Once again, thanks a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Oh there is corporate discount for Karoq then. It is not there for TRoc!

Sales being decent, I don't think if anything is negotiable. But then they are giving some accessories worth 10k as freebies, at least that was the case with TRoc.
Not sure whether my company is part of their select corporate list as SA wasnt able to confirm it quickly.
For Karoq, they provide some Essential Accessories and Welcome kit for 17K, but dont think the items they provide is really worth that.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th August 2020 at 23:35. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 23:20   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all this information Parth, really helps . I will take a test drive of the vehicle tomorrow with my Mrs. She is already miffed hearing the cost, but looking at your and Pereira's post am really looking forward for the test drive and experience. In case we decide to go ahead will definitely take all your points to avail a better deal. Today I didnt get into any sort of commercial discussion with the SA, was more trying to get into what they offer. Once again, thanks a ton!
Your welcome, always there to help a fellow BHPian. And I’m sure you’ll love the Karoq. It’s the best soft-road 5 seater premium SUV IMO (way better than what luxury brands offer for 10L more, like Q3 & GLA).
I hope you & your Mrs. Have a good experience. Cheers!

Quote:
Your welcome, always there to help a fellow BHPian. And I’m sure you’ll love the Karoq. It’s the best soft-road 5 seater premium SUV IMO (way better than what luxury brands offer for 10L more, like Q3 & GLA).
I hope you & your Mrs. Have a good experience. Cheers!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th August 2020 at 23:34. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks