Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2020, 13:43   #121
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

I took delivery of the Karoq day before yesterday and since the SA did not provide me good discount in Bangalore I ended up taking the car from Pune who gave me a good enough discount on the Karoq. All I got from TAFE was 30k discount which also was loyalty bonus since I owned a Yeti for almost 7 years. Costed me 23.65 lakh ex-showroom inclusive of TCS, accessories and Fast-Tag.

Will attach better pictures once I get some minor work done on the car.

The car is excellent and yes reading somewhere else on the Team-Bhp forum - the only things I really missed was recline on the rear seats and a canton system. Rest all happy with the car just hoping that this would serve as good as a car as the Yeti did.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-2b13cdb6c86f4fa08c3e197bbdd294cc.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-7d24410c4f7647df9e1aa60d4e6b1669.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-e144c8dd935a4a35816282373cc5c0ff.jpg  

prasadathani is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 15:38   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadathani View Post
I took delivery of the Karoq day before yesterday and since the SA did not provide me good discount in Bangalore I ended up taking the car from Pune who gave me a good enough discount on the Karoq. All I got from TAFE was 30k discount which also was loyalty bonus since I owned a Yeti for almost 7 years. Costed me 23.65 lakh ex-showroom inclusive of TCS, accessories and Fast-Tag.

Will attach better pictures once I get some minor work done on the car.

The car is excellent and yes reading somewhere else on the Team-Bhp forum - the only things I really missed was recline on the rear seats and a canton system. Rest all happy with the car just hoping that this would serve as good as a car as the Yeti did.
Hey, Congratulations on your new Karoq! You got a great deal & the car looks fantastic
Can you please share the on-road price you got the car for?

Also, what is the “minor work” you’re planning for your car, if you can elaborate that (because SKODA India hasn’t brought any official accessories for the Karoq I believe, apart from the essentials kit they offer).

And do share more such beautiful pics of your car along with the entire car finalising & buying process (later on maybe an ownership review would be great too)
Cheers!

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th August 2020 at 16:30. Reason: Bold fonts removed, thank you!
Old 11th August 2020, 16:38   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth Oomphy View Post
Hey, Congratulations on your new Karoq! You got a great deal & the car looks fantastic
Can you please share the on-road price you got the car for?

Also, what is the “minor work” you’re planning for your car, if you can elaborate that (because SKODA India hasn’t brought any official accessories for the Karoq I believe, apart from the essentials kit they offer).

And do share more such beautiful pics of your car along with the entire car finalising & buying process (later on maybe an ownership review would be great too)
Cheers!
Thanks Parth. I paid 23.65 ex showroom. Need to pay 5.10 lakh for the road tax and the insurance (B2B, Key, Engine protector) was around 0.75k. All put together would be 29.90 on road Bangalore.

Planning to get the grill done in matte black (courtesy Mr. Perera). You will pics on his ownership review. Also planning to get the SKODA and KAROQ letter done in matte black as per the picture attached.

Will try and post a better review once I get the work done and attach the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-img_0118.png  

prasadathani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 19:00   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parth. I paid 23.65 ex showroom. Need to pay 5.10 lakh for the road tax and the insurance (B2B, Key, Engine protector) was around 0.75k. All put together would be 29.90 on road Bangalore.

Planning to get the grill done in matte black (courtesy Mr. Perera). You will pics on his ownership review. Also planning to get the SKODA and KAROQ letter done in matte black as per the picture attached.

Will try and post a better review once I get the work done and attach the pictures.
That’s a nice price I must say. You got a great deal
And yes, dechroming the front & back part will look good, especially on a white coloured car (it’ll look sporty).
Also, if you can arrange a rear diffuser to go with it (like in the karoq sportline which sells abroad), it’ll look super good.
You have good taste I must say. Can’t wait to see the final outcome
Old 12th August 2020, 02:13   #125

Congratulations prasadathani on the purchase. Your car looks great!
Skoda has only one dealer in Telangana and they are not offering any discounts. Your deal looks exciting. Wondering if I can suggest the same to my friend who is keen on buying a Karoq. Any suggestions or contacts would be much appreciated.
Old 12th August 2020, 08:52   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also planning to get the SKODA and KAROQ letter done in matte black as per the picture attached.

You could order the official Superb Sportline rear 'S K O D A' badge for the dealer. And remove the 'KAROQ' for an even meaner look. If you notice in the pic you attached of the Sportline Karoq, it comes with body color painted bumpers. Just like we could get it with the Kodiaq L&K here. IMO it really changes the way this car looks. It starts looking bigger and classier with body colored bumpers. Try to get a quote for it and do consider this mod.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 10:28   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If you notice in the pic you attached of the Sportline Karoq, it comes with body color painted bumpers. Just like we could get it with the Kodiaq L&K here. IMO it really changes the way this car looks. It starts looking bigger and classier with body colored bumpers. Try to get a quote for it and do consider this mod.
Totally agree. I cannot find the post but someone here bought the Kodiaq L&K in white and it looked much better than the Style model just because all the bumper lips/extensions/claddings were body-coloured.

Get an offical quote fom Skoda - may not be much unless they insist on repainting the entire bumpers. Alternatively, check with a reputed paint shop.
Old 12th August 2020, 11:16   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Totally agree. I cannot find the post but someone here bought the Kodiaq L&K in white and it looked much better than the Style model just because all the bumper lips/extensions/claddings were body-coloured.
Here it is: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-18.html (Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review)

Unfortunately the entire rear bumper and the front bumper skirt has to be painted from scratch. The side mouldings on the doors can also be painted. If one goes to the dealer paint shop, I'm guessing this transformation will cost around INR 40-50K. But the end result could be really nice on a clean white car. Take a look:
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-5npz3zclgohnqu96zoyqzydl9.jpg
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-otfp0r3dto1wxv7ag272lltj5.jpg
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-xnkaamz0331ca9xtxzsfsnu8c.jpg

Not a critic of the white-black combo bumpers' rugged look, but I prefer painted bumpers on any car. The black plastic also tends to dull with time.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 12th August 2020 at 11:20. Reason: adding images.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 15:10   #129
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase, wish you an exciting ownership experience. Didnt knew that dealer can reduce the Ex-Showroom price as I was under the impression that it is fixed by Skoda at 24.99 lacs pan India.

I did a test drive of Karoq yesterday from TAFE Access showroom in HSR Layout, Bengaluru. Dealership experience was un-inspiring that hit the overall experience. To start with SA wasnt interested in explaining the features, to check the sport or manual mode while driving, why does it feel premium vis-a-vis others, suggesting more test drives, about follow ups and that too when there were no one else in the dealership than us! A sea difference in comparison to Hyundai dealer when we went to check for Creta.
Me and wife were surprised if this was the experience during sales what could be the after sales one especially when you have only one dealer in Bengaluru

Coming to the test drive experience, it was a short 3-4 Kms drive.

What we liked
  1. Premium feeling inside out. Luxurious touch and feel with all sorts of comfort.
  2. Well laid out dashboard and good visibility overall. Lots of storage options.
  3. Loaded with safety features, really liked the proximity sensors & Auto Hold one.
  4. Superb touchscreen system and the amazing Virtual Cockpit. Can control almost every single feature of the car using both.
  5. Front seats were super comfy, easy to find right driving posture with steering tilt & reach arrangement. I am 6ft tall and on the heavier side, took me just seconds to find the right driving position.
  6. Loved the tinted Panoramic Roof.
  7. Brakes had excellent bite, didnt feel any body roll on corners in the short drive.
  8. Felt very easy to drive through traffic, absolutely no issues.
  9. Play of lights - Ambient lighting with different color settings, lights below the front passenger seats, Skoda projections from the front doors.
What we felt could have been better
  1. Rear Seat legroom. Though it is good, not great. Felt Creta had more space, planning to check this once again over the weekend. I felt overall width is good enough for 2 adults and a slim teen or kid. Rear seats are also upright, doesnt give a feel of recline.
  2. Felt the boot space was similar to Creta & Seltos. Not sure how it is termed as 520Lts.
  3. Last 500mts just before a broken patch of service road, I moved to rear seat and requested SA to drive. Bad patches were really felt on the rear seats, not sure whether it has to do with suspension settings or inflated tire pressure. Maybe the owners can throw more light on this since mine was a short drive.
  4. Missed ventilated seats, wireless charging, rear sun blinds. Could have included it at this price point to make it a complete package. On the front you have only 2 charging options whereas lower priced SUVs offer 3 ports apart from wireless charging facility.
  5. Though I understand Karoq is CBU and every bit well built, felt it is overpriced by 2-3 Lacs.

Had a short discussion with SA on the commercials, max he could reduce was 60K (30K corporate discount + 30K on the Insurance) that brings down the on-road price to 30.7 Lacs. I asked him to check once again on the Depot charges (10K) and Accessories part (17K) though he said its difficult. On the shades he said Silver is not available due to poor demand, Lava Blue will take some time (higher demand), rest all shades are available in 3 weeks time.
If the dealership is really interested, I expect them to do a follow up call atleast.

My test drive vehicle - Magnetic Brown, both me & wifey liked this shade.

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-karoq1.jpg

Last edited by pms : 12th August 2020 at 15:16.
pms is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 18:08   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I did a test drive of Karoq yesterday from TAFE Access showroom in HSR Layout, Bengaluru. Dealership experience was un-inspiring that hit the overall experience. To start with SA wasnt interested in explaining the features, to check the sport or manual mode while driving, why does it feel premium vis-a-vis others, suggesting more test drives, about follow ups and that too when there were no one else in the dealership than us! A sea difference in comparison to Hyundai dealer when we went to check for Creta.
Me and wife were surprised if this was the experience during sales what could be the after sales one especially when you have only one dealer in Bengaluru

Coming to the test drive experience, it was a short 3-4 Kms drive.
Thanks for sharing your test drive experience.
Firstly, I want to address a few things you have mentioned regarding Negatives of the car:
1) In my testing, Rear space on seltos/creta was equal to karoq. IDK how you thought it was less, I suggest you to book test drive at home for both the cars and test them side by side, driving them back to back (I did the same).
2) For ride, yes, dealers for some reason keep air pressure way above 40PSI (even my new car had 44PSI due to which ride was very bumpy, as soon as I came home, I did drop it to 32 PSI & now ride is very good even at the rear).
3) For boot, again it’s way bigger than creta (100 ltr almost) but you’ll not realise this untill you look at it side by side.
4) Yes, rear seat is too upright for my liking & it’s not adjustable (creta has adjustablity) which is a surprising omission. It doesn’t even have rear sunshades which are also missed.
5) Yes, I agree lack of ventilated seats & more USB ports are sorely missed in the car (wireless charging not so much though).
6) On pricing front, you’re getting way expensive quotation by the dealer. I bought it for 29L on road (4 year Annual maintenance package included) & even Mr Prasadathani got the Karoq for 29L on road (you should negotiate extensively with the dealer or find some other dealer for sure).

And I agree, seltos/creta offers few gizmos extra like: connected car tech, wireless charging, ventilated seats, etc. But overall build quality, materials of interiors, even the paint quality, driving dynamic, performance, handling, braking & steering feel, headlight performance & safety is no where near in Koreans when compared to the German rivals (Troc & Karoq).
You should read my blog of Creta Vs Karoq here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-review-8.html (Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review)

I have thoroughly test driven both (even back to back) before coming up with that post.

Also, about the boot space, I don’t have picture of Karoq Vs Creta but I do have Creta Vs Troc pictures (I booked them for test drive for the same time at my residence). So you can get some idea (boot space of both looks similar but Troc has more boot space on paper, as it’s a much wider car than creta. So more space isn’t noticeable upfront but the difference is there). See below (open the picture in high resolution and you’ll see differences in paint quality b/w both the white cars as well, although it’s hard to describe via pictures):

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-ec255adc823d4c24ac506a3a6f4ece38.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-98911f3920ff48f39c77fc7446ac59a9.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-778b11fe9302468282c3525a913da7a3.jpeg

I hope this helps you

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2020 at 22:09. Reason: Please avoid excessive use of bold fonts; quoted text trimmed
Parth Oomphy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 19:35   #131
pms
BHPian

Thanks for your responses Parth. Need to check this weekend on the backseat legroom and boot space vis-a-vis Creta. On the suspension am not worried since I felt it might a one-off experience, never heard anything negative on this front. I sorely miss back seat recline and ventilated seats at this price point though. On the pricing front I need to see how much they can bring it down since we have only one dealer in BLR and am not so hopeful of their follow up.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 11:39   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of the Karoq day before yesterday and since the SA did not provide me good discount in Bangalore I ended up taking the car from Pune who gave me a good enough discount on the Karoq.
Hey Prasad, congrats on your Karoq! Welcome to the club. Looks lovely in White. You got a great deal, looks like.

Quote:
Cheers!
Parth, I'm waiting for pics of your car as well, haven't seen them...or have I missed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
[*]Last 500mts just before a broken patch of service road, I moved to rear seat and requested SA to drive. Bad patches were really felt on the rear seats, not sure whether it has to do with suspension settings or inflated tire pressure. Maybe the owners can throw more light on this since mine was a short drive.[*]Missed ventilated seats, wireless charging, rear sun blinds. Could have included it at this price point to make it a complete package. On the front you have only 2 charging options whereas lower priced SUVs offer 3 ports apart from wireless charging facility.
Like Parth mentioned, all TD vehicles are at 40psi. Delivery is also at 40psi. It makes the ride really bumpy. I dropped it to 32 as soon as I got it and the ride has been very comfortable. It handles bad patches well and transmits very little inside the cabin.

Rear sun blinds and ventilated seats are a miss. Powered tailgate is a big miss in my view. Though, I don't know if competition has it. T-Roc doesn't have it, either.

Charging options - I've fit 2 car chargers with 2 USB ports each (front & rear) So along with the USB, it makes it 3 in front and 2 in rear.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd August 2020 at 17:23. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote functionality (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
Old 13th August 2020, 12:41   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post

Parth, I'm waiting for pics of your car as well, haven't seen them...or have I missed it?
Hi there, although I uploaded some pics of my car on this forum, but I guess you have missed them. Uploading them here again for your convenience (Along with side by side comparison of Karoq with some cars):

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-a98ac1e0e55547ad8a0c3f1e36c712e4.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-24d6ec39dd7245e59b413549762eeeb8.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-cddfed570a22427e97ffb59977661288.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-3b27427c16d14798a7c72914d478d081.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-2e0f921cd8514a1296edfa317d93ae3e.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-6343c7e6a0164a8b962e63f2f5c42177.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-ee4f4eb0abcf487fa38f5a0d7ee07495.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-0a7b4d68e7884a1c9ac0de5490d706fa.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-5d5f20b59ed24c5f8b0f037aa08c5538.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-c1c77dcf345646859fdb61ccfd712f23.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-4f7f4d7bd84f44e19c224b2ba9a32fe7.jpeg

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-f575580d9c7149a79146b5c7921efb33.jpeg

I hope you enjoyed it. I’m no photographer, but tried to do my best with my phone. These pics were taken in past 3 weeks of me owning the Karoq. Surely many more to come in the future.
Do share some of the pics of your car too! Waiting to see them
Parth Oomphy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 14:30   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there, although I uploaded some pics of my car on this forum, but I guess you have missed them. Uploading them here again for your convenience (Along with side by side comparison of Karoq with some cars):
Surely many more to come in the future.
Do share some of the pics of your car too! Waiting to see them
Dunno how I missed them, thanks for sharing! Shall wait to see more from your drives.

Say what, I too had posted a few pics in the 'Skoda launched...' thread. Sharing them and few more here.

Skoda logo looks very nice...

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200712_200929.jpg

Parked alongside my GT TSI.

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200718_134929.jpg
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200718_134944.jpg

Me posing

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200803_112351.jpg

I'm jotting down my observations so far and my experience with the car. Will post them in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200712_212246.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200712_212324.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200713_191024.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200713_191516.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200713_191541.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-20200801_131521.jpg  

Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-dsc_0396_crop.jpg  

Last edited by cpabhijit : 13th August 2020 at 14:34.
cpabhijit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 20:27   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chab View Post
Congratulations prasadathani on the purchase. Your car looks great!
Skoda has only one dealer in Telangana and they are not offering any discounts. Your deal looks exciting. Wondering if I can suggest the same to my friend who is keen on buying a Karoq. Any suggestions or contacts would be much appreciated.
Hi,
Pune is the place I got it from. Kindly DM me and I will share the details with you. Always happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
You could order the official Superb Sportline rear 'S K O D A' badge for the dealer. And remove the 'KAROQ' for an even meaner look. If you notice in the pic you attached of the Sportline Karoq, it comes with body color painted bumpers. Just like we could get it with the Kodiaq L&K here. IMO it really changes the way this car looks. It starts looking bigger and classier with body colored bumpers. Try to get a quote for it and do consider this mod.
Hi Adi,

That’s a great idea. I was blown away by the white superb sport line which I saw in white at the dealership. Was tempted by it but didn’t buy it as I wasn’t interested in a sedan.

Have a great guy to get the dechroming and the letters done in gloss or matte black. So will get it done.

Thanks on the mod for the bumper. Will definitely look at it but seems a little expensive but will look at it. Yes it does change the way the car looks completely.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd August 2020 at 17:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote functionality (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!

Most Viewed