Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2021, 12:59   #211
BHPian

Re: Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisvellara View Post
We took delivery of our Karoq a couple of days back. We got it in Candy White (it was the only colour available). We really like the car and it feels like a great (albeit slightly expensive) upgrade from our EcoSport.
Congrats on this beauty and welcome to the club. Wish you many many happy miles with it. Hope you took the service package. I too am of the opinion that online calculators may not be accurate. I have a GT TSI and I have spent an average of 15k at every service for the last 7 years. So, 50k is a good deal and I guess you have a month to buy it.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:54   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post
Congrats Francis ! Wishing you lots of happy miles on the Karoq. So happy to know that I could help you on your purchase decision. Hoping to meet you soon.
Thank you Mr.Perera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
Congratulations and enjoy the ride.
Thank you sagwal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Congrats on this beauty and welcome to the club. Wish you many many happy miles with it. Hope you took the service package. I too am of the opinion that online calculators may not be accurate. I have a GT TSI and I have spent an average of 15k at every service for the last 7 years. So, 50k is a good deal and I guess you have a month to buy it.
Thank you cpabhijit! We did take the service package. Like you said, we thought it'd be better to know beforehand how much we're going to pay instead of taking the risk of prices rising or being inaccurate.
Old 15th January 2021, 20:28   #213
BHPian

I just noticed that Skoda have quietly removed the Karoq from the company website with the launch of the Refreshed Superb today. They have managed to sell all units I suppose? Question is will be getting another batch of Karoq's this year as well?

Link - https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Karoq : Ownership Review-screenshot_20210115202343.png  

Old 15th January 2021, 21:09   #214
BHPian

Lets say they wont import it anymore and no CKD either. In that case, wont service/resale be a concern? This is what bothers me.
Old 15th January 2021, 21:57   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Lets say they wont import it anymore and no CKD either. In that case, wont service/resale be a concern? This is what bothers me.
Service & resale will always be a gamble with these limited run CBUs like the Karoq (to be replaced with the Indianized Kushaq), T-Roc (Ditto Taifun), VRS 245 (globally discontinued) etc.

Expect substantial wait times for the larger parts like body panels & glass items as the cars age, and supplies dwindle.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 07:17   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Zac Hollis confirms that Skoda has no plans of further imports of Karoq.

Kushaq is now the focus!

Source: Zac Hollis tweet
Old 18th January 2021, 21:06   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Some assurance from Zac Hollis:

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3307
Size:  29.3 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th January 2021 at 21:28.
Old 18th January 2021, 21:36   #218
BHPian

But the query was different. This is what he asked (the tweet)

"When we bought Karoq we expected it will be continued if not locally assembled at least continued to be imported. Now since you are stopping this we can imagine how hard and costly will be spares, no resale value, etc. So all were marketing gimmicks."

I think nobody wants to see the car they bought getting discontinued so soon. I am not sure if Skoda told they would assemble locally or continue importing in their sales pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Some assurance from Zac Hollis:

Attachment 2110305
Old 19th January 2021, 11:55   #219

Question for fellow karoq owners, have any of you experienced any issues with the air conditioning in your cars?

The air conditioning in my car isn't effective at all, even at the lowest temperature and fan speed on 3-4 there is no cool air blowing at all.

I got it checked at Tafe access Bangalore, after diagnosis they said that AC gas had reduced by 15-17 grams and that they have topped it up, they assured me that there are no leaks as they have conducted vacuum tests on the car and everything is satisfactory.

It seemed fine for two days, however post that it has gone back to the old state and there is no cool air at all.

I have informed my service advisor about the relapse, waiting for a response from Tafe access now.
Old 19th January 2021, 18:32   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal.b110 View Post
Question for fellow karoq owners, have any of you experienced any issues with the air conditioning in your cars?

Highly unlikely to be a refrigerant gas issue on a new car. What is the ambient temperature in your area/city?
Normal operative example:

Ambient temperature 22 °C
Cool air blows when temperature set at least 20 °C and below.
Hot air blows when temperature set at 24 °C and above. Trick is to be in +/- 2 °C range. Fan speed has no result on temperature.

Worst come worst it could be a cooling coil issue with your car's AC in particular. Should be rectified under warranty, and is a common problem in Skoda MQB based cars.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 22:29   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Highly unlikely to be a refrigerant gas issue on a new car. What is the ambient temperature in your area/city?

Worst come worst it could be a cooling coil issue with your car's AC in particular. Should be rectified under warranty, and is a common problem in Skoda MQB based cars.
The ambient temperature in Bangalore off lately has been around 24-26⁰ C, I set the AC on 22⁰ C initially, when I couldn't feel cool air I gradually reduced it all the way to 16⁰ C and then to low, there was still no cool air.

Will have to get the cooling coil checked. Wasn't aware of it being a common problem. Thank you for the information.
Old 20th January 2021, 10:42   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal.b110 View Post
The ambient temperature in Bangalore off lately has been around 24-26⁰ C, I set the AC on 22⁰ C initially, when I couldn't feel cool air I gradually reduced it all the way to 16⁰ C and then to low, there was still no cool air.

Will have to get the cooling coil checked. Wasn't aware of it being a common problem. Thank you for the information.
Maybe there is a gas leak? The SA should be able to check the gas level now and if it has again dropped, then the leak will have to be fixed.
Old 20th January 2021, 18:16   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Maybe there is a gas leak? The SA should be able to check the gas level now and if it has again dropped, then the leak will have to be fixed.
Tafe access sent a technician over to diagnose the issue and surprise, surprise! AC was working flawlessly. Not sure now what to make of it, will have to use it for a few days and see if it acts up again.
Old 22nd January 2021, 20:28   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Karoq likely to be assembled locally, prices could go down by a significant margin.

Quote:
A recent RTO document suggests that the Skoda Karoq could soon be making a comeback in India.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 12:11   #225
BHPian

Karoq has the infamous DQ200 gearbox, while it had many issues and failures in Polos, Ventos, Rapids and the other cars in which it was present, currently I haven't heard of any issues in the new cars it is coming in. How has your experience been? Experienced any issues or anything? I am interested as it would be coming in Kushaq and Taigun and wanted to know some user experience.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th June 2021 at 16:10. Reason: typo
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed