Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 22:55   #136

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Good to hear that we can retrofit some parts in hyundai cars, maybe not easy as the VAG's.

How did you source the parts? (i have read your thread on Rear Wiper installation)

I have been planning to swap the instrument cluster of my 2019 Hyundai Venue SX to the SX+ version. do you have any leads on it?
Old 20th December 2022, 21:46   #137
BHPian

re: Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloce.95 View Post
How did you source the parts? (i have read your thread on Rear Wiper installation)

I have been planning to swap the instrument cluster of my 2019 Hyundai Venue SX to the SX+ version. do you have any leads on it?
I sourced all the parts from Hyundai dealer itself.
They were cooperative and ordered all the required spares for me. The instrument cluster from SX+ would need the shroud on top too, and you might have to check if the connectors are same as well between the models. As far as I think, it should be the same, but I would recommend to try and swap with a friend’s car and then go ahead and buy one so that in case if it doesn’t fit, there is no money lost.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 22:29   #138
BANNED

I am considering buying Venue DCT S(O) but have heard so many negative things about DCT's long-term reliability and heating issues.
I have to drive car mostly in Bangalore traffic, do you recommend Venue DCT for Bangalore traffic?
Old 30th January 2023, 17:53   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbansal View Post
I am considering buying Venue DCT S(O) but have heard so many negative things about DCT's long-term reliability and heating issues.
I have to drive car mostly in Bangalore traffic, do you recommend Venue DCT for Bangalore traffic?
I have so far had pleasant experience with the Hyundai DCT gearbox(Venue DCT infact) and haven't seen cases where the gearbox went dead on Venue or Sonet, yet!. Now even i20 has it and I still could not find a case where the DCT went dead. The Venue N line launch video had said that they had updated the DCT(without saying specifically on what the update was) and I believe that is one more reason to get the car. In a world of AMT's and CVT's and lack of TC in the segment(not taking the slow Brezza here), I would recommend you to go for the Venue N Line if you can increase the budget, just for that added rear disc, exhaust tips, 6 airbags and dash cam. If you keep it in gear for longer crawling in peak traffic, it is expected to throw you the 'gearbox overheat' warning and it will also direct you how to cool it. I tried to get this message in one of the worst traffic in Bangalore last year, but the car passed it with flying colors. I will soon complete 50k kms and the car in general has been acting the same way as Day 1.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 30th January 2023 at 17:54.
Xaos636 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 10:50   #140
BHPian

Hi Xaos636,

Any idea what this switch is for ?

2021 Hyundai Venue SX Plus DCT.

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-3db6b237a8c842caa57d176276413cdd.jpeg
Old 5th February 2023, 10:53   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Hi Xaos636,

Any idea what this switch is for ?

2021 Hyundai Venue SX Plus DCT.

Attachment 2414818
Its for instrument cluster backlight illumination. You can set it to a minimum value of 1 as well as a maximum value of 19.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 19:03   #142
MSC
BHPian

The Oxygen sensor behaving abnormal is not limited to just petrol version. My 1.5 Crdi Venue O2 sensor went kaput at 16k. The only issue was check engine light switching on & with the scan pointing to faulty oxygen sensor.
Clearing the code via OBD is the default solution for the first time at almost every service station. The car behaves completely normal otherwise except the check engine light. The issue again cropped up within 1500 kms of the first fault code removal.
Second time again, they cleared the fault code without digging deep into the issue.
Again check engine light lit up within 800 kms.
This time they acknowledged the fault and ordered the replacement sensor which was replaced under warranty with odometer at around 19 thousand kilometres.
After the sensor was replaced, within 1 km on test drive the DPF error popped up for the very first and the only time. The reason given was that due to faulty oxygen sensor the engine was running on a fuel rich mixture and the excess fuel burnt caused the DPF error. The service centre test driver just drove the car for 2 kms in 2nd gear at 2000 rpm, the DPF error went away without any further issues.
After that sensor replacement, there has been no issues at all. No check engine light neither the DPF. Odometer currently stands at 39 thousand kilometres in around 2.6 years.
MSC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 23:03   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
The Oxygen sensor behaving abnormal is not limited to just petrol version. My 1.5 Crdi Venue O2 sensor went kaput at 16k. The only issue was check engine light switching on & with the scan pointing to faulty oxygen sensor.

This time they acknowledged the fault and ordered the replacement sensor which was replaced under warranty with odometer at around 19 thousand kilometres.
I have now noticed that the O2 sensor error has every time popped up for me after I fill from HP Bunks, and have never had this issue when I stopped fueling from these bunks. Car stands now at 5000kms after the last O2 sensor error while I always used Indian oil(both 91RON and 95RON) during this period of time. The previous errors came between 2000kms to 4000kms and I have used HP bunks(91RON, COCO and normal) during this period.

Though it is not yet certain if this is the exact root cause, I would agree that there is also a chance with fuel quality being the culprit. I would still keep an eye on the same and update here if the error makes a comeback.
Old 28th February 2023, 19:16   #144
BHPian

Just to update on the O2 sensor error, it came back as soon as I filled from a BP bunk(Skipped HP for obvious reasons). The check engine light came on and stayed on. No drama, no limp mode, nothing. I drove down till almost empty tank with BP fuel, filled up from IOCL bunk twice and drove for 1000kms back home as the SA advised not to clear the code so that he can sent a video of it to Hyundai to claim the O2 sensor under warranty, but car had other ideas.

Once around 600kms into the 1000kms drive after filling from IOCL(91RON), the error went away. 400kms after that and its all good with IOCL. Totally confused here. Is the car just playing around ?
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 21:16   #145
BHPian

And thats that. 50,000kms done on the Venue DCT and all works well.
Just completed the 50k service as well.

Will post update when time permits. Car is working just as good as day 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-173d8eb350464e32be022d23ad9501e0.jpeg  

Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:25   #146
BHPian

My Venue DCT Completes 50,000kms in 2.5 years.

Hi readers, just to update, my Venue SX+ DCT completes 50,000 kms in a little over 2.5 years and have done the 50k service as well. Apart from a few niggles like the sound from Steering area(worm shaft replaced under warranty), the car has been pretty good. Compared to my previous Maruti Suzuki cars, the Venue has stood up really well without any vibrations from the dashboard or anywhere else. Vibrations are one thing I hate and I am impressed with this behavior of the car and believe its put together really well.

Dual Clutch Transmission Life test
Not sure how many are aware, but Hyundai software helps you to determine how much of the clutch have been used so far. I believe checking this at regular intervals could give a good indication if the clutches/gearbox are about to fail, but would not recommend to just rely on this as of now, as its just a software.

Below is the judder test result. If the system picks up an unregular Judder during these tests, then we have to go to the next step of replacing a few parts/changing transmission oil etc. to resolve the issue. Mine passed the test.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-8e73cd2d74584e5a9b2b44c7b45048a5.jpg

The remaining life of both the clutch.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-f6ddd7b7e42d4c22a163291e5faa24e9.jpg

Along with this, there are a few more tests which can determine issues related to Hyundai's DCT. So far, the software shows my gearbox works absolutely fine.
Yes, the same software does duty on Seltos 7DCT, Creta 1.4 DCT, i20 DCT/N-Line, Kia Sonet, Venue N-Line, Carens etc.

The Traction control error and ABS light came on after the 50k service. The scan showed steering calibration issue has triggered these lights. They have now calibrated the same again and cleared the codes and going good so far.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7186.jpg

The milestone.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7227.jpg

Straight to Madhus for alignment and balancing at 50k kms.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7375.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7376.jpg

In good company with @krishnaprasadgg's Stage 3 RS230.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7243.jpg

The service bill. The fuel filter was changed as its a recommended replacement by Hyundai at 50k kms.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7435.jpg

A parting shot.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7020.jpg

Special mention to KVR Hyundai service, Calicut , Kerala for giving me a really good experience yet again and doing things proactively. SVC manager Sreekanth and SA Naveen has been very responsive in giving timely updates and never unnecessarily adding works on the car just for the name of it, as some service centers do.

NOTE: I am no way related to KVR Hyundai and the experience is based on my interactions with them and cannot guarantee this would happen always.
Xaos636 is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 09:13   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Not sure how many are aware, but Hyundai software helps you to determine how much of the clutch have been used so far. I believe checking this at regular intervals could give a good indication if the clutches/gearbox are about to fail, but would not recommend to just rely on this as of now, as its just a software.
Thanks for this, I wasn't aware. It's a good piece of software and now I am curious as to how does it know the clutch wear ?
Will do some digging to find out but thanks a lot

Some questions :
1. If a car fails the judder test and is under warranty, are the repairs/replacements are covered under warranty ?
2. If at 50k kms a clutch shows 20% life left, will that be covered under warranty or marked as a consumable ?
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 09:22   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
It's a good piece of software and now I am curious as to how does it know the clutch wear ?
Will do some digging to find out but thanks a lot

Some questions :
1. If a car fails the judder test and is under warranty, are the repairs/replacements are covered under warranty ?
2. If at 50k kms a clutch shows 20% life left, will that be covered under warranty or marked as a consumable ?
Obviously when we have sensors to find wear and tear of almost all the parts, its not surprising for a software to identify uneven wear of a clutch or associated parts.

These are tests that are done when the car has an issue and usually svc does not encourage it. As I said, I am not sure how reliable the software is, but as far as I have spoken to a few expert mech’s, it serves its purpose well. By the rate of DCT’s sold by Hyundai till date, I dont think its going to show 20% at 50kms, even if it does, it would definitely be noticeable when driving the car itself as I understood. I have seen one case where actuator was replaced under warranty after a failed judder test for a first gen Creta 1.4 DCT. Not sure if that resolved the issue as I had no contacts to follow up with that.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 18:42   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Which software is that? is it something that Hyundai folks have at the service centre?

My '21 Venue SX(O) DCT, is definitely having judders at 23k. 2nd Gear slips to 1st gear with a big thud.
Old 11th April 2023, 21:27   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Which software is that? is it something that Hyundai folks have at the service centre?

My '21 Venue SX(O) DCT, is definitely having judders at 23k. 2nd Gear slips to 1st gear with a big thud.
It is the Hyundai OBD scanner. You have the option for DCT check in the software.

I too faced judders and hence took the test. Judder isn't consistent, however I have a feel of it getting worse now. Will need to get it checked. The thud from 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st is perfectly normal as per service manual, although it doesn't sound too normal.

55,000kms update - Rotor's replaced along with brake pad. Swapped alloys from facelift.

Brake judder was getting really bad at highway speeds(read 90-100kph for over an hour) and it was time to either skim the rotor or replace them altogether. I settled for the latter as it would give me another 50k kms without a brake worry. As usual, KVR Hyundai was intimated with the request and they promptly arranged the spares and replaced them and the brakes are back to their old glory.

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7704.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7705.jpg

I had a friend who found a set of brand new Venue facelift alloys in a shop where the facelift owner chose to upgrade to other designs and were hanging around waiting for a buyer. Spoke with the owner and swapped them with my stock wheels. I really liked the design when the facelift was released and getting brand new wheels for an exchange of your old wheel was a deal too good to pass.

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7720.jpg

Before. Stock alloys

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7723.jpg

After. Facelift alloys

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7739.jpg

Headed straight to Madhus to balance these wheels as they were still with weights from Hyundai factory.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7782.jpg

Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7784.jpg

A parting shot.
Venue comes home | My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review | EDIT: 65,000 km up & SOLD!-img7741.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 12th April 2023 at 08:56. Reason: Typo.
Xaos636 is offline   (28) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks