Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:54   #31
BHPian
 
Xaos636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I donít really feel itís necessary to change the oil during the 1st service. For these modern cars I feel 1500 kms is nothing. Anyway, I would suggest to stick to the manufactureís reccomendations with regards to this. Should be fine.
Yeah, same feeling here. I would stick to manufacturers recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Congratulations on the wonderful car, wish you and you loved ones countless safe and happy miles with the car.
Does any one have any information on the LED upgrade that Hyundai is offering?
Thank you midazolam
Xaos636 is offline  
Old 4th July 2020, 21:25   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Panaji
Posts: 31
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Congrats on the new ride! The Venue offers everything a Creta does in a smaller package. It is definitely the logical choice among the compact SUVs. Wish you many happy miles and memories.
TheGearBox is offline  
Old 5th July 2020, 16:03   #33
BHPian
 
adityabenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Hey @xaos636 Firstly, Congratulations. Wonderful Choice. Welcome to the Venue.

Fellow Venue Owner here.

I had Test driven the Venue in 2019 May. when i was looking at a replacement for my 2015 Vento TDI DSG. I had driven 1.05lakh km on it and one day at a Traffic Signal the gearbox gave way and i had no hope. (a month and INR 1.5l and some annoyance later the car was ready) ( Elite motors have the WORST service experience in all the brand cars that i have encountered ).

Then i was waiting for the KIA Seltos that had Just Launched and was waiting with Drool for the Top End DCT Seltos and then the Price Bomb Dropped it was way beyond my budget. and back to the Venue.

I finally finished all formalities in Jan second week and managed to get a good deal on the BS IV variant.

I personally am not too sold on the looks, but hey, i would be spending more time inside it and so its okay.

Your Review is fantastic.

My only issue with this otherwise fantastic city car is the Audio Experience. The ARKAMYS system produces fairly good audio, but Hyundai hasn't taken care of the door vibration on Mid- Low frequency and when you play any audio above volume 10 the experience gets a bit annoying. I did get Hyundai India to respond on twitter and the service team at Advaith Hyundai did try to resolve to their best. but this definitely needs an aftermarket vibration damping solution.

Cheers. Drive Safe. May the force be with you.
adityabenz is offline  
Old 6th July 2020, 01:58   #34
GBX
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Congrats on the Venue. It's one of Hyundai's best cars here IMO.

Kerala's dealer yards look so clean and lush that I thought this was taken at some sort of official event at a resort. Almost good enough to hold politicians during election time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Picking my car from the yard after PDI. Lots of blue to add confusion
Attachment 2020891
GBX is offline  
Old 6th July 2020, 15:41   #35
BHPian
 
Xaos636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Congrats on the new ride! The Venue offers everything a Creta does in a smaller package. It is definitely the logical choice among the compact SUVs. Wish you many happy miles and memories.
Thank you TheGearBox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
Hey @xaos636 Firstly, Congratulations. Wonderful Choice. Welcome to the Venue.

Fellow Venue Owner here.

I had Test driven the Venue in 2019 May. when i was looking at a replacement for my 2015 Vento TDI DSG. I had driven 1.05lakh km on it and one day at a Traffic Signal the gearbox gave way and i had no hope. (a month and INR 1.5l and some annoyance later the car was ready) ( Elite motors have the WORST service experience in all the brand cars that i have encountered ).

Then i was waiting for the KIA Seltos that had Just Launched and was waiting with Drool for the Top End DCT Seltos and then the Price Bomb Dropped it was way beyond my budget. and back to the Venue.

I finally finished all formalities in Jan second week and managed to get a good deal on the BS IV variant.

I personally am not too sold on the looks, but hey, i would be spending more time inside it and so its okay.

Your Review is fantastic.

My only issue with this otherwise fantastic city car is the Audio Experience. The ARKAMYS system produces fairly good audio, but Hyundai hasn't taken care of the door vibration on Mid- Low frequency and when you play any audio above volume 10 the experience gets a bit annoying. I did get Hyundai India to respond on twitter and the service team at Advaith Hyundai did try to resolve to their best. but this definitely needs an aftermarket vibration damping solution.

Cheers. Drive Safe. May the force be with you.
Thank You Aditya. And congratulations to you too for getting one. Yours is a manual this time or a DCT? And yes, the sound system is great and as you said, I have noticed the mild vibration from doors when music is at a decent volume. I was made aware of this by sales advisor before hand when I noticed the same on the test drive car. Maybe we need to look at the 3M acoustic solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Congrats on the Venue. It's one of Hyundai's best cars here IMO.

Kerala's dealer yards look so clean and lush that I thought this was taken at some sort of official event at a resort. Almost good enough to hold politicians during election time!
Thank You GBX. Yes they have a pretty decent yard, with covered parking for their big guns like the Tucson, Elantra etc straight opposite to where the Venues were parked. Attaching a glimpse of it as well. I did ask them to get covered parking for all the cars as it doesn't need to stand in the rain and sun
Attached Thumbnails
Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review-img3868.jpg  

Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review-img3806.jpg  

Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 12:44   #36
BHPian
 
adityabenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

@xaos636, DCT itself, as 70% of its life would be spent in commute through Hosur Road to Bannerghatta Road.

If you do get any leads on the 3M accoustics please tag me as well.

Although i would love a manual. Like the Polo, the poor After Sales of VW Group cars. i may never look that way till they get a better Customer Friendly team.

Cheers.
adityabenz is offline  
Old 10th July 2020, 20:24   #37
BHPian
 
Xaos636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
@xaos636, DCT itself, as 70% of its life would be spent in commute through Hosur Road to Bannerghatta Road.

If you do get any leads on the 3M accoustics please tag me as well.

Although i would love a manual. Like the Polo, the poor After Sales of VW Group cars. i may never look that way till they get a better Customer Friendly team.

Cheers.
I still think the Hyundai DCT could be a far more reliable unit compared to some other manufacturers thanks to the not too fun kind of tuning. The key is to turn to N or P during long stops in traffic. So far apart from a Seltos DCT actuator failure, I haven't come across any other issues with the DCT(except overheat sign on the meter of-course). I have seen a few DCT units of Venue run around 35k kms and a few Seltos DCT run around 55k kms without any issues but again, these numbers are too early to come to any strong conclusions.

On the Acoustic solutions, I had a call with 3M Calicut today. They said they does the Acoustic solutions, but haven't done for the Venue yet. I thought I would go ahead with it and before that I thought I would give a call to Hyundai sales team to inform them about the same. They asked me to come there and the service manager with a mechanic accompanied me on a short drive and they understood the issue and acknowledged the same. They told me they will do padding through out all 4 doors and the boot during first service. Called 3M and informed this and they asked me to come if I couldn't find a solution at Hyundai. Now the wait for first service is on. Have completed 800kms as of now. Will keep the thread updated regarding the same.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 22:52   #38
BHPian
 
ashvek3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Goa
Posts: 153
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
On the Acoustic solutions, I had a call with 3M Calicut today. They said they does the Acoustic solutions, but haven't done for the Venue yet.
Hi Xaos!
Just curious to know from your mention about getting the damping; does your Venue too have the irritating issue of door trim vibration for music with slightly higher bass? I have noticed this in my friend's Venue and I tell you it's really annoying! This doesn't happen with all the tracks, but primarily with the one's having slightly higher bass then the vocals.
I was thinking of getting this checked at Hyundai SC.
ashvek3141 is offline  
Old 11th July 2020, 23:22   #39
BHPian
 
Xaos636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi Xaos!
Just curious to know from your mention about getting the damping; does your Venue too have the irritating issue of door trim vibration for music with slightly higher bass? I have noticed this in my friend's Venue and I tell you it's really annoying! This doesn't happen with all the tracks, but primarily with the one's having slightly higher bass then the vocals.
I was thinking of getting this checked at Hyundai SC.
Hello there. I can confirm that I too have the same issue. A little search of facebook owners group made it clear that 90% of Venueís with Arkamys sound mood has this issue, perhaps the rest 10% goes unnoticed. Please check with the Hyundai SC and let me know what they say. In my case they said they will add additional damping to the door panels. Not sure if this is going to solve the issue. Apparently many got the speakers changed under warranty but the new speakers also had the same issue. This is really a lack of quality check/proper testing from Hyundaiís side.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 10:33   #40
BHPian
 
Xaos636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

Just a quick update on the registration part. I had booked a number for the car and was allotted to me yesterday and got a message confirming the same. The temporary registration of the car ends tomorrow and to make things worse, the RTO office and all the surroundings have come under containment zone as of yesterday evening and all activities including vehicle movements, opening shops, normal working of RTO has been suspended indefinitely. I was planning to get the car to RTO for physical inspection today, but as things stand,I will have to wait until these specific places has been removed from containment zone altogether. Hope the RTO wont fine me for registering it beyond the expiry of temporary registration.
Xaos636 is offline  
Old 3rd August 2020, 21:09   #41
BHPian
 
Xaos636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review

First service update. 1 Month, 1500 kms

Nothing major here. As of today, completed first service and 1500kms. If it wasn't for Covid-19, the car would have been around 5000kms now. The only issue I had was rattles from door pads. Apart from this issue, the car has been running flawlessly. Completed 1500kms, one month after purchase. I am getting around 20kpl on the highway with the lightest of foot and around 12kpl in moderate traffic. With 50% city and 50% highway run, I see that the MID displays around 16kpl as average and this seems pretty close in accuracy as well as tank full to tank full gave me around 15.7kpl.

The service was done at Apco Hyundai, Calicut, Kerala. The service advisor Mr.Bijumon was a knowledgeable person and my interactions with him was above average. Room for improvement is there regarding updating the status of the vehicle, but other than that, no complaints. My air purifier, which conked off on the third day has been replaced under warranty after 30 days and they said that this is an improved version of the same, well lets see how it goes.

- Registration is still not done after one month, thanks to RTO being under red zone and closed for over 3 weeks now. Hopefully the zone is removed and everything gets back to normal.

- The doors are heavy and well built. My wife finds it tough to push it when opening because Baleno's doors were feather light. The bumpers doesn't flex when pressure applied, the bonnet is heavy as well.

- 3M underbody coating, done by the dealer as compliment wasn't a job well done! Need re application at some areas, but I had expected this. Waiting for the rain to go away as its totally Orange alert down here and literally cannot take another flood.

- Understanding the DCT more, I have been extremely happy with the controlled nature of the gearbox in AT mode, and its explosive nature once put in the manual mode. Overtaking is literally faster than a manual with this mode. The shifts happen in a split second.

- The brakes could have been a lot better, perhaps because I am used to all 4 discs of the Baleno RS which were simply class leading. Export variant of the Venue gets all 4 discs. I would have paid more for it.

- Rear leg space isn't negligibly small as many online reviews suggest, this was primarily done when they chopped off the length of the car to fit in the 4m tax bracket. US model has much better rear leg room space, but this cannot be a deal breaker because none of my occupants has complained about it, yet!

- The body roll is very much controlled and handling around corners are much better than I expected. Its a mix between comfort and sportiness and I guess the Sonet would be a bit more stiffer than the Venue.

- Once in the turbo range, the car literally sees 3 digit speeds in the blink of any eye. I couldn't go above 115kph yet as the roads here doesn't allow that. But as things stand, keeping it in mid range and in manual mode should be a lot of fun.

- The seats deserve a special mention. It feels hard compared to my Maruti, but the side bolstering is easily 100 miles ahead. The RS's seats were too soft, but this is right up there with one of the best seat cushioning and I am not going to use any covers as I loved the detailing on the seat upholstery.

- The door pad sounds were attended to by the service center and have vanished as I type this. I did not have any hope on this one, but they did the job pretty well as it looks. I am now looking at damping all four doors. Investigations on the brands and the changes it can make for masking the outside sound are already ON. Thinking of doing it as DIY.

- I had asked the dealer about the sliding armrest and rear seat bed with 60:40 split seats. Armrest is 9k INR, and seat bed is 35k INR. So there it goes. I am literally not going to do these.

- I am really investigating on the Paddle shifts. The dealers are clueless and I don't blame them since they are also seeing paddles for the first time. But once I find a friend who has Creta with paddles(or a new Venue with paddles), I will try for a swap and see if it works without any connections like in Polo GT. Still in the dark regarding the same. If there are wiring changes, I wont be going for the steering with paddles. As of now, one dealer has promised to check with R&D team and confirm if its a direct swap, but the promised dates are already over, so have little hope on it. More to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review-img4783.jpg  

Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review-img4785.jpg  

Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review-img4786.jpg  

Venue comes home! My Hyundai Venue Turbo-GDI DCT Review-img4788.jpg  


Last edited by Xaos636 : 3rd August 2020 at 21:11.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks