Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2020 Flame Red Tata Tiago XZA+ Automatic Review | EDIT: 2 years & 15000 km up

Excellent report of a handsome looking car. I am looking for an AMT hatch and right now Santro AMT, Wagon R 1.2 AMT and Tiago AMT are the contenders. I preference is Tiago simply because of its Safety and Looks. But my members of the family are not too convinced since we already have another Tiago (JTP) with us. Looking forward for your AMT report over the next few months.

Yellow is my Fav color but your clicks are making me wonder how i overlooked the Red !

Happy Mile Munching ahead !
Mi10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 14:27   #17
BHPian

re: My 2020 Flame Red Tata Tiago XZA+ Automatic Review | EDIT: 2 years & 15000 km up

Great review janakiram👍.
You have covered almost everything in detail.
I am seriously considering buying the new Tiago AMT for my wife, for which I was looking at feedback from existing Tiago AMT users. Your review made everything crystal clear now.
Congrats and thank you for this review.

Little Tiago looks fabulous in Red. "Manjadikuru"
Ranjith812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 14:29   #18
BHPian

Excellent review and write-up Janakiram! Loved pictures too. Since Tiago, Altroz and Nexon got similar steering wheel, wondering if we can fit the steering mounted key panel from Tiago to Nexon.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 15:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Great choice & Congrats janakiram_m. Your Tiago and Harrier looks smashing. We would love to see few pics of the Dark & Manjadikkuru in a single frame. Few comments on BS4 Harrier regarding its reliability and quality would be helpful too.
Thanks. Will post that pic when I'm back home. Reliability or quality was not the issue I meant with owning a BS4 Harrier, it's just that they used the BS4 users as guinea pigs to sort out all their errors. The humongous ORVMs, unreachable USB port, 30hp to name a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
It happens a lot on mine actually, and the delay is mostly more than a couple hundred kilometres. Have to rule out it's because of my ageing Note 9, which I doubt. But I'm willing to give it the benefit of doubt. For me, sometimes even switching from Spotify to Maps takes about 5s. Captured it once in video and sent to the service center. They've asked me to take the car to them so they can inspect it.
Thanks.Will check if it occurs again and follow up with the SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
Congratulations. Tiago is sure a looker. At some point of time I may have to replace my 2008 i10 AT with another compact hatch. Tiago will surely figure in my shortlist. My only concern is the AMT, since I cant think of anything else apart from a Torque Converter for AT's. Happy Miles. Please update on AMT performance.
Thanks. Can't compare with the good old TC gearbox but it's smoother than the old AMTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjith812 View Post
Great review janakiram👍.
You have covered almost everything in detail.
I am seriously considering buying the new Tiago AMT for my wife, for which I was looking at feedback from existing Tiago AMT users. Your review made everything crystal clear now.
Congrats and thank you for this review.

Little Tiago looks fabulous in Red. "Manjadikuru"
Thanks. Just take a Test Drive and you would be sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Excellent review and write-up Janakiram! Loved pictures too. Since Tiago, Altroz and Nexon got similar steering wheel, wondering if we can fit the steering mounted key panel from Tiago to Nexon.
Thanks. Might not be possible since the blank area of the steering is supposed for the Cruise Control which I think is a complicated install.
janakiram_m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 15:58   #20

My goodness, I have never spent so much time ogling at a Tata!

The Tiago looks so much more attractive and much bolder with the facelift, and the RED is really drool-worthy! Reminded me a lot of the JTP while going through the post.

Thanks a lot for sharing these details with us. Was a wonderful read! Hope you enjoy many memorable drives with the Tiago!
frozen.ash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:25   #21
BHPian

Is it just me or it looks just like a small Altroz in some angles? It's more pronounced in the red color.

Congratulations on the smashing looking car man, some photos are straight wallpaper material. Please get some coating done if you haven’t already.

As others, am also interested in more photos of the Dark Harrier.

OT : We have to give it to Kerala Bhpians, they are the best when it comes to automotive photography!

Last edited by turbowhistle : 1st July 2020 at 16:26. Reason: Incomplete post
turbowhistle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:43   #22
BHPian

Comprehensive review and really like the bright red color.

Having driven Tiago [MT] couple of years back, I can say this is a fun car to drive for sure. This is probably the only car I have driven on a beach [Thikkodi drive in beach]

The digital cluster is a nice touch.
slayer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:45   #23
BHPian

Congrats sir, lovely car and review.

I think you missed out on the black roof, the red is truly smashing and a black roof with maybe a smoked rear lights.... would make it doubly stunning.

Tata has truly upped it's game, they now are like the kid who used to be 3rd rank in a class of 5, then slowly worked up as the class size also went up and now are like an average student.

Their preparations are spot on, they study systematically but then show up for the English exam thinking it's economics and mess it up.

Why do I say this? Because of how they botched up the Harrier (I think it's the best looking car in the sub 25l region) launch last year.

That being said, looks like the Tiago has been sorted now and you have a soldi cute hatch on your hands.

Any upgrades, mods planned? The tires like you said definitely could be upsized for one, any ICE upgrades? A black seat with red stitching will be awesome but you said you are keeping the covers stock.

Best of luck and happy motoring.
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 18:01   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on owning this RED Pataka !! TATA has started now with great designs after so many years!! TATA Cars Safety also has increased over past few years, Best in class now at least !! Very good decision !!

Cheers !!
virgovencat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 19:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Is it just me or it looks just like a small Altroz in some angles? It's more pronounced in the red color.
Thank you. Harrier seems to have caught everyone's eyes. Will try to post soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I think you missed out on the black roof, the red is truly smashing and a black roof with maybe a smoked rear lights.... would make it doubly stunning. . ...... ...
Thank you. Agree with you on the black roof option but it was purposefully opted out for those parking in sun situations which I had a lot of.

Mod Note - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 1st July 2020 at 19:43. Reason: Mod note attached!
janakiram_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 21:08   #26

Hearty congratulations on your Tiago. Certainly one of the best hatchbacks in our country. And Thanks for the wonderful review.
Old 1st July 2020, 21:15   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
Hello Bhpians, meet the new member of our family, my very own Flame Red Tiago. I have tried to review my car unbiased even though I love it to bits. A big thank you to the mods for making me a member and guiding me to complete this review. After more than half a decade of reading reviews and user experiences on this forum, it's a great moment to put up your own. So here goes.
Lovely car & a smashing colour. The Tiago sure was a wonderful looking car. The face-lift is one of the rare cases where not a single thing gets messed up compared to original model. The new one looks better all round. Even with single barrel headlamps.

Congratulations on your acquisition. Wish you & your loved ones unlimited safe & happy miles with one of the safest & most mod-friendly hatchbacks! You already have a beast with the Harrier in the Garage. So that's 2 quite capable highway cruisers under 1 roof now. Loved reading through the thread patiently. Enjoyed the pictures. Keep the thread sprinkled with regular updates please.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 22:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Lovely car & a smashing colour. The Tiago sure was a wonderful looking car. The face-lift is one of the rare cases where not a single thing gets messed up compared to original model. The new one looks better all round. Even with single barrel headlamps.
Thank you for the wishes sir. You are right about the facelifts. Tata, especially, hit the ball out of the park with the Nexon, Tigor and Tiago BS6 facelifts. Your Nexon Ownership review during the lockdown days had made me pen down this review. So thank you for that as well.
janakiram_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 23:19   #29
BHPian

Congrats on the Tiago! Beautiful color option too. Honestly the build quality of the Tiago is on a completely different level in its price class. I was comparing it to my Ignis and I could easily depress the 'metal' of the ignis easily while the Tiago was rock solid. Even closing the doors you get to hear a reassuring thud which is completely absent in my Ignis as the sound is puny in comparison. Sadly you experienced what I also had to which was Tata's customer service which just put me off from buying the Tiago.

For its current price I don't think there is any better option whatsoever. Congrats again and happy miles.
bf1983 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 01:22   #30
AZT
BHPian

Both your cars look fabulous. The Harrier dark variant especially deserves a thread of its own. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
The keyfob is from the prior model and same for the Tigor also. I have seen videos where, by pressing the lock and unlock buttons together the boot is unlocked in Tigor. For Tiago this is absent. What extra cost would be there for to program boot unlock with the keyfob? Definitely more than the cost of parcel tray strings.
Regarding above quote, In Tigor long pressing the middle button (3 seconds) unlocks the boot. Pressing lock and unlock together activates a kind of autocop alarm which you can use to find your car etc. Can't believe they skimped out on this, definitely double check the long press boot opening part.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks