Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2020, 16:01   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

Congratulations Avi for the CVT Creta.

A very detailed, non-biased, well written opening posts. Well Done Sir

Enjoy the Phoenix
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 16:39   #47
pms
BHPian

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

Excellent review. May you have years of amazing driving experience with Phoenix!
Did you feel any instability or confidence issues taking the vehicle beyond 100 or 120KMPH any time, just to understand the high speed stability?
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 17:04   #48
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations for your new acquisition, Sir. Your previous ownership report of "Lazarus", was the ultimate motivation for me, joining this elite club of car enthusiasts.

Although, the very bizzare exterior design of this 3rd generation Hyundai Creta, does not deserve any appreciation, but still, it has garnered very handsome booking, that too, in very critical pandemic situation.

I hope, this car would serve you very well, for many many years to come.
Ankur@VNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 11:08   #49
BHPian

Congratulations RavenAvi !

I have been following all your posts and updates since its prelaunch days and finally settled down for creta's sibling, the seltos.
Wonderful presentation of your ownership review!
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 17:21   #50
BHPian

Excellent review sir. The article reflects your enthusiasm for the 'Phoenix'.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead...
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 09:59   #51
BHPian

Congrats RavenAvi on your new ride. Hyundai has always been at the forefront in defining the list of features for a particular segment. For the features listed, your variant makes a hell lot of sense! Hyundai/Kia are still the only ones to offer ventilated seats in multiple segments.

All the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
[left]Delivery Day - 20/07/2020:
[left]

- Features, more features and then some more features! It seems like I keep finding a new feature every day. Unlike the SX variant of the newly launched 2015 Creta, the new-gen SX is loaded to the gills! Add a few more which are exclusive to the AT, and the car ups the desirable factor by plenty of considerable notches.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st July 2020 at 10:09. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability
Pashin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 15:48   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you so much, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Did you feel any instability or confidence issues taking the vehicle beyond 100 or 120KMPH any time, just to understand the high speed stability?
Well, we just entered another lockdown phase from 31st July till 6th August, so Phoenix will be cooling her heels in the garage till then (except maybe 1-2 in-city drives for essentials). I shall see about the highway mannerisms once this is over.

It's been 5 years and 10 days since the Creta was launched in our market (on 21st July 2015), and the ex-showroom price of (roughly) the same variant - SX MT petrol (2015 got SX+) - has seen a rise of exactly 2 lakh rupees (SX+ MT launched in 2015 at 11.46L, ex-showroom, and now the all-new gen's SX MT costs 13.46L, ex-showroom).

For the price difference, what all have new 2020 SX owners gained/lost over the first-gen 2015 SX+ owners:

1) (+) The Creta was moved to the K2 Elantra platform and has grown a wee bit bigger on all sides.
Increase in 30 mm in length, 10mm in width, 5mm in height and 20mm in wheelbase.

2) (-) The engine has been downgraded to meet BS6 norms.
The first-gen was powered by a 1.6L, 1591cc dual VTVT producing 123PS of power and 154Nm of torque. The new-gen is powered by a 1.5L, 1497cc MPi which produces 115PS of power and 147Nm of torque.
That's a loss of 8PS & 7Nm over the first-gen.

3) (+) The first-gen SX+ owners didn't have an AT choice for the petrol option. New-gen owners get the 7-step IVT option.

4) (-) Fuel tank capacity has come down by 5 liters.
First-gen had a 55 liter tank, while the new-gen comes with a 50 liter tank.

5) (+) All disc brakes.
The first-gen had to make do with a disc-drum brake setup across all variants, while the new-gen SX comes with an all-disc setup.

6) (+) Bigger tyres.
First-gen SX+ got 205/65/R16 section tyres, while the new-gen SX has 215/60/R17 sections.

7) (+) More electronic safety modules.
New-gen SX gets Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) & Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), which the first-gen SX+ didn't get.

8) (+) ISOFIX.
Child seat anchoring points is now available for SX, while it was offered in only SX+ diesel AT in first-gen.

9) (+) Speed-sensing Auto door lock.
Present for new-gen SX, absent for the 2015 SX+.

10) (+) More safety additions.
Driver/passenger seatbelt reminders, emergency stop signal (ESS), entry-assist puddle lamps with welcome function, driver rear view monitor and automatic headlamps.

11) (+) Headlamp/tail lamp LED upgrade.
The erstwhile SX+ got bi-functional projector headlamps, while the new-gen SX gets the trio-beam LED headlamp setup. Also, the tail lights of the new SX has been upgraded to an all-LED setup.

12) (-) Cornering lamps.
New-gen owners will surely miss this very-useful feature, which the first-gen SX+ owners can now boast of (unless Hyundai decides to add them back in the future).

13) (+) DRLs.
First-gen SX+ got only LED positioning lamps, which owners used to "double up" as gimmicky DRLs. But the new-gen SX gets proper, crescent-shaped LED DRLs. LED positioning lamps are also provided separately.

14) (+) Interior additions.
Leather wrapping on steering wheel + front central armrest, blue ambient lighting, rear headrest cushions, 2-step reclining rear seats, rear window sunshades and the D-cut steering wheel.

15) (+) Panoramic sunroof.
A huge addition to the new-gen SX. The first-gen Creta didn't get even a normal one.

16) (+) Cruise control.
Another big addition. Absent in first-gen SX+.

17) (+) Mood-change bar in the ACC vs Eco Coating.
I prefer the latter in the new-gen SX. What do you think?

18) (+) Auto-folding ORVMs.
Normal electric-folding ORVMs were given in the first-gen SX+, while electric + auto fold functions are now provided.

19) (-) Luggage net and hooks.
Very useful for keeping loose luggage secure. Removed from the new-gen SX.

20) (-) Coat hooks from grab handles.
Disappeared in the new-gen SX.

21) (+) Comfort & Convenience additions.
USB charging ports at front and rear, LED map lights, individual LED reading lamps for rear passengers, cooled glove box and a Tyre Pressure Monitoring system.

22) (+) Increase in size of touchscreen Head Unit.
It has grown by 3.26 inches! Also, screen is now defined in 3 separate sections highlighting the NAV, the audio source(s) and the Compass/Clock, as opposed to a single display in the first-gen.

23) (+) Additions to the infotainment & connectivity options.
Bluelink for smartphones & smartwatches, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Voice recognition, Arkamys sound setup and a wireless smartphone charger.

Now, it seems like the 2 lakhs price difference over the last 5 years is completely justified.

And, for 1.48 lakh rupees extra over the new-gen SX MT, you get:

- The 7-step IVT transmission,
- Electric-parking brake with Auto Hold,
- Auto-healthy Air Purifier,
- Drive Modes (Eco/Comfort/Sport),
- Traction Modes (Snow/Sand/Mud), and
- Paddle shifters.

Not sure how useful the Traction Modes in a 2WD Creta will prove to be. Pointless or not, we shall find out in the future.

But, I would have preferred at least 2 extra airbags in a trade-off for the Traction Modes. Maybe even 4.
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 11:01   #53

Congratulations for your new purchase!
An excellent review covering every minute detail in the new Creta. The interior of the latest generation Creta has been taken several notches compared to the previous generation.

Back in 2016 when I was not yet a member of Team-BHP, your review on the Creta Petrol aka "Lazarus" provided all the minute details required during the purchase of our Creta Petrol. Similarly, this in-depth review of the new Creta provides all the details that a prospective buyer looks for.

Once again appreciate the effort you have put into writing this great review and wishing you a happy ownership experience with your new drive!
Futurestan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 20:26   #54
BHPian

Dear RavenAvi,
Fantastic choice. We are on same platform on this. This IVT is a very refined transmission. The famous (or Infamous) rubber-band effect is non existent, specially during city drives within speed limits. On high speed, sudden pressure on accelerator gives you slight feel of that. But, we don't buy Creta Petrol for drag races. Aren't we ?
noopster1008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:18   #55
BHPian

I have a question to all the techies here. If i install perforated seat covers to SX model, would it be possible to have the function of seat ventilation ? If not, then any after market option for the same ?
Apologies in advance if it is an utter silly question.

I forgot to ask you a very important question.

What is you suggestion for things like anti rust coating, PPF, Ceramic coating, polish / wax etc to a new vehicle ?
Have you opted for anything like this ?
Its been a month for my vehicle and I am confused.
What do we need to do with a new vehicle w.r.t. paint/shine and under body etc.
Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd August 2020 at 10:38. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:58   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My garage space's width is around 10 feet, out of which some space is taken by the front step. Rest, see the pics:
Ingress/Egress is easy even with the driver's door not opening fully. Sufficient space. (door opens to ~40 degrees to the perpendicular)
Thank you, Sir for your detailed reply with pictorial representations.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd August 2020 at 18:26. Reason: Quote fixed
sarkar.malay78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 11:39   #57
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2020 at 14:35.
noopster1008 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th August 2020, 12:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
I have a question to all the techies here. If i install perforated seat covers to SX model, would it be possible to have the function of seat ventilation ? If not, then any after market option for the same ?
Apologies in advance if it is an utter silly question.
Thanks
I see you are from Jaipur no idea regarding whether any after-market options are available there. But here in Delhi there is a place known as Eminent in Rani Bagh specializing in customized seat covers and interiors they have a FB and Instagram page. They have done after-market installation of ventilated seats.

You can contact them.
sv97 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 12:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
I see you are from Jaipur no idea regarding whether any after-market options are available there. But here in Delhi there is a place known as Eminent in Rani Bagh specializing in customized seat covers and interiors they have a FB and Instagram page. They have done after-market installation of ventilated seats.

You can contact them.
Thanks mate,
I belong to Delhi as much as Jaipur. Used to live in West Delhi since 2000 to 2016. I know that place very well. Certainly will enquire.

Last edited by noopster1008 : 5th August 2020 at 12:34.
Old 5th August 2020, 12:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
Thanks mate,
I belong to Delhi as much as Jaipur. Used to live in West Delhi since 2000 to 2016. I know that place very well. Certainly will enquire.
Thats great.
Do post your experience and pictures of the installation if and when you get it done.

Most Viewed