Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 13:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

Is the Creta available without the sunroof in the SX and SX (O) IVT automatic?

I would be looking at this vehicle perhaps next year to replace my Civic and am not at all interested in the sunroof. For me it’s useless and one extra part to fail in the long term.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 15:15   #77
BHPian

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Is the Creta available without the sunroof in the SX and SX (O) IVT automatic?

Cheers
No, the SX and SX(O) both get the panoramic sunroof as standard.
sv97 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 16:07   #78
BHPian

Great replies folks. Thanks for the inputs.

The drop in FE with Large Sunroof is a point I'll note when I discuss price with the seller.

The sunroofs have clearly become a thing in all new cars.

GTO's comments on buying a sturdy 2nd hand CRV/Tucson VS buying brand new Creta spring to mind .

Thanks for the replies again folks - this helps.
anandbangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 02:29   #79
BHPian

Wow. Fantastic review. I am almost finalising the sx(o) Petrol turbo DCT. Have a question regarding the wireless charging unit. Have Creta provided some ventilation for it since wireless charging pads heat up. Kia has provided ventilation for the same on the seltos and Sonet. What is your experience with this on your Creta ? Any other than normal heating up noticed ? Thanks
sunster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 13:34   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Wow. Fantastic review. I am almost finalising the sx(o) Petrol turbo DCT. Have a question regarding the wireless charging unit. Have Creta provided some ventilation for it since wireless charging pads heat up. Kia has provided ventilation for the same on the seltos and Sonet. What is your experience with this on your Creta ? Any other than normal heating up noticed ? Thanks
Did not know this too was an issue.

After extremely poor response from Nissan guys (Kicks CVT), i have been considering Creta SX (o) either NA 1.5L or 1.4 Turbo and the only thing i have been researching all this time was the DCT overheating.
Old 27th August 2020, 14:47   #81
BHPian

Hahaha. Yes. That DCT overheating was a new one for me too. But yes it is a known fact that wireless charging generates since coils are used under the charging pad. That’s the reason both the Seltos and Sonet provide ventilation to the wireless charging pad which is probably not there in the Creta. But does it heat up is what I would like to know.
Old 27th August 2020, 17:38   #82
BHPian

I sincerely believe Hyundai, with its portfolio of cars in India and probably the widest selection of vendors for components, could launch a custom-build option for buyers.

Somewhat similar to Dell allowing us to choose some key components of our laptop. It would be interesting to see the response. Several features on Creta/Verna/Venue have been termed gimmicky - sunroof/ventilated seats/powered driver seats/air purifier/ wireless charger. And the lower variants miss some of the safety aspects like VSC/ESP/HA/Airbags etc.

Most of these components are reusable (either physical HW or the design) across segments. They could not only charge a premium this way but also be the first to make a pure customer focused change by a very traditional automotive supply chain.
S.Shyam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 18:36   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you, sunster.

Quote:
Have a question regarding the wireless charging unit. Have Creta provided some ventilation for it since wireless charging pads heat up. Kia has provided ventilation for the same on the seltos and Sonet.
Ventilation is there.

Wireless charging pad with the insulation pad removed.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20200827_175124.jpg

The insulation pad. Can be removed by tugging and pulling up the raised bit on the bottom left.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20200827_175144.jpg

Opposite side. Held in place by these 5 protrusions which fit tightly into the 5 holes all around the charging pad section.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20200827_175226.jpg

Hyundai-Kia badging. First component I have seen in the Creta with the joint badge. (haven't rummaged through the engine compartment thoroughly yet)
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20200827_175402.jpg

Insulation pad fitted back on top of the wireless charging pad.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20200827_175537.jpg

Quote:
What is your experience with this on your Creta ? Any other than normal heating up noticed ?
Been charging my friend's Galaxy S10+ on and off, once for about 20-odd minutes while we were riding together. The mobile's battery area at the back felt a bit warm when it was removed (with battery at 97%). The insulation pad was normally lukewarm to the touch. No abnormal heating up noticed.

In other news, got a better key cover for Phoenix from Amazon. This one comes with grooves on all sides for better grip and looks cool too. Priced at 349/-.

The package.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img20200827wa0035.jpg

Some details.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img20200827wa0036.jpg

The contents inside.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img20200827wa0037.jpg

The key cover and a note. No mention of sanitisation anywhere.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img20200827wa0038.jpg

The finished product.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-untitled.jpg

The older one was a bit slippery in wet conditions, so transferred that to the spare key.

ODO is currently at 284 kms, on a dark, gloomy, shivering rainy day.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th August 2020 at 18:38.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 20:25   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thank you, sunster.

ODO is currently at 284 kms, on a dark, gloomy, shivering rainy day.
Thanks a ton RavenAvi...wow you really are meticulous with details. Love that. Kudos to you. Just one more thing. Probably nit picking but since one lives with the car for a good number of years and spends a boatload of money on one too its worth being aware When you mention it is ventilated does that mean there is actual air coming out of those vents when your AC or fan is on...or the ventilation is passive like an exhaust ? Please do chime in. And once again really grateful for your insights. I fell the CRETA ticks every box and then some and it is my dream car too that's the reason making sure of all aspects before taking the plunge. Planning on the top end DCT. Lets See.....

Last edited by Eddy : 27th August 2020 at 20:35. Reason: Shortening the quotes for better readability
sunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 18:16   #85
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, sunster.

Insulation pad fitted back on top of the wireless charging pad.
Attachment 2048441
Pretty useful information!
One silly question - Can one use all the 3 fast charging outlets same time; 12V charging, fast charging USB port on the extreme right and the wireless charging pad?
Old 28th August 2020, 19:27   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just one more thing.
When you mention it is ventilated does that mean there is actual air coming out of those vents when your AC or fan is on...or the ventilation is passive like an exhaust ?
Tested it today with the insulation pad removed - no air is coming out of the vents when the ACC is on. But, I need to test with a wireless charging enabled smartphone to see if any air is coming out of those vents when the wireless charging is in progress.

Will report back on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
One silly question - Can one use all the 3 fast charging outlets same time; 12V charging, fast charging USB port on the extreme right and the wireless charging pad?
12V charging port and fast-charging USB port both are working together at the same time.

Intex USB charger connected to 12V charging port on left,
OnePlus 8 connected to fast-charging USB port via USB cable on right.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20200828_184811.jpg

OnePlus 8 charging together with..
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-20200828_184953.jpg

..Samsung Galaxy M31, both at the same time.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20200828_184847.jpg

I shall need a wireless charging enabled smartphone to check the simultaneous 3rd action.

Shall revert back on that soon.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th August 2020 at 19:39.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 23:19   #87
BHPian

Quote:
In other news, got a better key cover for Phoenix
In the last picture I can see some white particles on the cover. We too have a key cover for our dzire. It has rubber-ish material and is a dirt magnet. Although the cleaned cover looks good, when left for days, the dust particles get stuck on it pretty good and are clearly visible on the black colour. It takes a fresh cloth (go for the used one lying in garage and it gets even more dirty) and multiple wipes to clean it. When was the last time you heard someone putting efforts in cleaning car key, probably never.
So, I just want to know if the silicone material fares off better in this aspect.
Old 30th August 2020, 22:20   #88
BHPian

Seriously planning to book the 7 DCt SXO. Just need an opinion on the color. Choices are White Black or the new Forest Green. What is better in the long run ? White is my first preference. But the Creta looks stunning in black too. But need to know long term maintenance, scratches etc. Please chime in.
Old 1st September 2020, 00:21   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
So, I just want to know if the silicone material fares off better in this aspect.
Those micro strands seen on some parts of the silicone key cover are actually ultra small dirt particles from my hands which stuck on the cover when I was in the process of inserting the keyfob into the key cover.

One gentle wipe with a cloth/cotton ball dipped in cleaning liquid should do. I have seen sanitiser liquid do quite well in this regard.

Quote:
Just need an opinion on the color. Choices are White Black or the new Forest Green. What is better in the long run ? White is my first preference. But the Creta looks stunning in black too. But need to know long term maintenance, scratches etc. Please chime in.
Either Phantom Black or Forest Green look stunning on the Creta's contours, but they are both maintenance-heavy + prone to scratches in the long-term. Even a small scratch on those paints will stand out from a distance. Also, darker colours absorb more heat during summer days which in turn makes the cabin & engine sections become more hotter than it should be. And, darker colours hinder visibility for incoming traffic during night drives specially in dark, dimly-lit roads. They will also need constant polishing and detailing sessions to keep the shine going. Once the shine dulls out, the car will look ordinary.

On the other hands, lighter colours like White or Silver are easier to maintain. Besides their comparatively quicker availability for maintenance, they also dissipate the sun's heat which helps on hot summer days. And, visibility at night is considerably improved for the traffic coming from the front. But, White is altogether an annoyingly common colour and Silver ages really badly.

It all ends up on one's preferences, I guess. Stand out from the crowd and spend more costs/time on maintenance, or be relieved of maintenance and go with a more common colour? It depends on what you are willing to go with.

All the best.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st September 2020 at 00:23. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 19:21   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Did my first long run to a destination outside the city yesterday evening.

Covered around 55 kms to and fro, and with speeds at a steady 60-65 kmph, Phoenix returned a solid 13.8 kmpl. This was with ACC set to 23°C and with 3 people in the car - me and 2 others.

The overall FE figure showing on the MID also improved from 10.4 kmpl to 11.8 kmpl. The engine is opening up nicely as the kilometers are now piling up.

This machine is quite fuel efficient. My apprehensions of a petrol CVT being a heavy drinker is put to rest. ~10 kmpl inside the city and ~14 kmpl on the highways is excellent for a car with a 1.5L heart and towing 1,269 kgs.

Noticed a few more gremlins which sprung up during and after yesterday's trip, but which are not alarming:

- The voice command menu suddenly showed up on the HU's display mid-journey. I think it got enabled after we hit a bump on the road. It was reading our conversation, and before it could say "Sorry, I didn't understand..", etc., I disabled it.

- The ORVM welcome feature didn't work for a brief stop & start moment after we completed our work at the destination. I had to check if I had pushed the ORVM folding button by mistake. But it went back to being normal afterwards.

- The steering lock reminder suddenly showed in the MID, after I shut off Phoenix last night and was about to walk out. Pushed the start/stop button 3 more times for the rotation through Accessory mode - full MID mode - shutdown mode and it went off by itself. Didn't spring up today.

Other than this, it's been smooth sailing so far. I am totally enjoying the convenience of the IVT mated to this very polished petrol. Not to mention the number of thanks my bad back is giving me at the end of each passed day.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks