Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2020, 14:53   #136
BHPian

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I am expecting my Creta in the next couple of weeks. Assuming that it will also be shod with JK tyres, would it make sense for an immediate upgrade uppn delivery to another brand?

Is the new price hike applicable to your booking?

On tires -
lower variants in Bangalore are sold with 16 inch Apollo,
Sx and SX(o) variants are with 17 inch JK.

For reference - https://www.tyreplex.com/news/2020-h...u-need-to-know
Old 7th October 2020, 08:12   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Shyam View Post

On tires -

For reference - https://www.tyreplex.com/news/2020-h...u-need-to-know
Well, yes, the new pricing is applicable. The net price is 2093516.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 13:01   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
This is exactly the kind of damage for which I've been thinking of getting a PPF for.
This is one essential which us Tier-III city car owners are bereft of.

Maybe someday when the Covid situation improves and I get to visit the nearest PPF outlet (at least 300 kms away).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
What's even more strange is, I've had the same experience not just limited to one but all the three dealerships at a time when folks from other cities are finding it hard to negotiate for an early delivery. Am I missing something here, team?
Many pre-booked cars have issues with the owner not being able to arrange for the finances and/or asking for more time to take delivery. Since companies have already billed such cars to the dealerships, the dealer usually looks to allot such cars to others who are ready with their finances and want a car quickly.

Also, the past month and half might have seen plenty of offloaded Cretas due to increased production schedules keeping the festive season demand in mind. Cars with more common colour shades such as White, Silver and Black (on demand now, with it getting more and more popular on the Creta) should be easily available, unless it's a hard-to-find variant such as the EX or S.

Quote:
Anyway, now I am keen to see if i can get other 3 tires also traded for something like a michelin/continental

If anybody has a good suggestion of brand that would be great!
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, Shyam.

Go for Michelins or Contis if you value comfort. For longer shelf life, Bridgestone is good. For a decent balance between the two, Yokos are excellent.

Quote:
I am expecting my Creta in the next couple of weeks. Assuming that it will also be shod with JK tyres, would it make sense for an immediate upgrade uppn delivery to another brand?
Do it. Stock OEM tyres are subject to cost-cutting by the company bean counters.

Quote:
How should one take precautions to avoid any issues with the TPMS sensors during the tyre change ?
Any good tyre shop who has experience with TPMS systems can do it. But, if you want to be safe, you can buy the tyres from outside and get them fitted at your dealership.

Quote:
The new prices are immediately applicable as soon as they are released officially. Unless and until the dealer gives someone in writing regarding price protection, the most common practice is the official price applicable when taking delivery. Nowadays, most dealers follow the "price during delivery" process - price protection is a thing of the past.

Quote:
Both suck.

A tyre upgrade is strongly recommended if you value comfort and/or longevity of your new car's shoes.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th October 2020 at 13:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 13:28   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, Shyam.

Go for Michelins or Contis if you value comfort. For longer shelf life, Bridgestone is good. For a decent balance between the two, Yokos are excellent.
thanks. I am thinking of Yokos (also suggested by the dealer and SA when i went with an angry face to them with my burst JK tire). Just researching for a good place to sell my JKs somewhere.

Quote:
The new prices are immediately applicable as soon as they are released officially. Unless and until the dealer gives someone in writing regarding price protection, the most common practice is the official price applicable when taking delivery. Nowadays, most dealers follow the "price during delivery" process - price protection is a thing of the past.
My SA had given a delivery date of 15th October which means this hike would have been applicable to my car. Fortunately I troubled him way too much to ensure early delivery in September. Price protection at time of booking (with pre-condition of taking delivery at first instance of offer by dealer) should be mandated by Hyundai. Its very unethical to jack up prices and spoil the experience for people who are eagerly awaiting their new car.

Also - i got the underbody Anti-rust coating and Silencer coating done (at total 7k INR at 3M Indiranagar). They only coated the chassis body, and not the exposed parts like bottom of suspension setup etc. Didn't know this. Their reasoning was apparently all parts that can be replaced are not coated... !
Old 19th October 2020, 10:45   #140
BHPian

Are JK tyres bad enough to warrant a replacement? I may be getting delivery of my SX IVT in a couple of weeks and want to prepare for all the accessories that I will be needing.

1. Seat Covers
2. Mudflaps and mats (preferably 7D mats)
3. All kinds of charging cables
4. Mini dustbin
5. Door scuff plates
6. Dashcam with front parking sensors (evaluating to install without much wiring)

Also, I wanted to understand the recommended way of using the auto-hold/EPB/gear lever in start/stop traffic. If one is stopping at a traffic stop, does one need to put the lever back to N and engage the EPB or auto-hold? Or can one be in D without any issues? Mechanically does it make substantial difference between the two? Also, auto-hold and pressing on the brake manually is mechanically the same right?
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:37   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also - i got the underbody Anti-rust coating and Silencer coating done (at total 7k INR at 3M Indiranagar). They only coated the chassis body, and not the exposed parts like bottom of suspension setup etc. Didn't know this. Their reasoning was apparently all parts that can be replaced are not coated... !
Never noticed this. Over here, the underbody coating is sprayed all over the underside of the car, even the exposed parts. Naturally, exposed parts are more prone to getting wet and future rusting issues than covered parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Are JK tyres bad enough to warrant a replacement?

Also, I wanted to understand the recommended way of using the auto-hold/EPB/gear lever in start/stop traffic. If one is stopping at a traffic stop, does one need to put the lever back to N and engage the EPB or auto-hold? Or can one be in D without any issues? Mechanically does it make substantial difference between the two? Also, auto-hold and pressing on the brake manually is mechanically the same right?
I am on the JKs for 3 months now. No fuss tyres so far. I think I'll stick to them until a defect springs up or they wear out. Mind you, for a casual user whose running is low, changing tyres is not recommended.

What I do is enable the Auto Hold as soon as I drive out of our garage. For stoppages up to 5 seconds, the Auto Hold can be enabled on D itself. Any lengthier duration than 5 seconds, and I shift to N.

The EPB is enabled at all times by default - whenever you shut off the engine to walk out of the car, the EPB engages itself, and when you start the car and shift from P, the EPB disengages itself. A sign of that is the DRLs - they come on when the EPB is disengaged, and go off when it is engaged. This process is accompanied by a small whirring sound.

Mechanically, the car is pressing forward in D or reversing in R. Hence enabling the braking during the car's for & aft movements might end up reducing the life of the braking system. It is advisable to shift to N whenever the car is at a stop, specially if it is a lengthy one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix completed 3 months in our garage today. ODO is just under 700 kms and the MID displays a proud 11.0 kmpl. Fuelio is keeping tabs on the FE which says that the MID is off by a full 1 kmpl.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-20201020_122301.jpg

Running = all inside the city. Top speed of 50 kmph. Average speeds between 30-35 kmph. ACC on all the time and set to 25°C.

Also, on demand from many BHPians via PMs, here are the pics of the ABS unit of the 2020 Creta:

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-20201020_122452.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-20201020_122416.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-20201020_122514.jpg

Did my best to get all details on the stamp through the maze of wires all around the ABS unit.

Absolutely no issues with Phoenix so far, other than a small squeak when the sunroof glass shifts upward to slide backwards in it's opening action. With the amount of rains we have been getting, this was expected. I shall wait for the rains to go away before I take her to get the sunroof joints greased.

Also, driving through the rains has also produced squeaking from the brakes, specially when reversing out from our garage. Hasn't lost any of it's excellent effectiveness though. Pending jobs for the end of the rainy season, including the makeover from the OEM 2020 Creta to Avi's Phoenix.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 10:52   #142
BHPian

Need some advice- I am getting a Creta SX in coming week. I guess its going to be shod with 215/60/R17 JK Ux Royale. I had planned a switch to Michelin Primacy 4ST 215/60/R17, as soon as I get delivery, but issue is there is no stock with most dealers in Bombay. It is expected post Diwali. I found 1 dealer who had the 4STs but manufactured 27th week of 19 meaning around June 19. The dealer sent me a photo of a flyer from Michelin saying "Don't judge a Michelin tyre by its manufacturing date", and that the tyres are good upto 3 years. But I'm not so sure. Also, he is charging full MRP.
What do you guys suggest? I think I have 3 options:
1. Keep the JKs and change them after 2-3 yrs. Creta owners running JK kindly chip in if they are tolerable
2. If a 1.5yr old Michelin is ok, should I try to haggle with him to reduce prices and buy them?
3. Should i go for some other TYRE? Though less keen on this, as I love the Michelins having used them for 50k+ kms on my Honda city and still have some life left in them.
Old 26th October 2020, 19:50   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
I found 1 dealer who had the 4STs but manufactured 27th week of 19 meaning around June 19.

2. If a 1.5yr old Michelin is ok, should I try to haggle with him to reduce prices and buy them?
My suggestion - if you are going to have a monthly running of close to 1,000 kms and value ride comfort over everything else, simply shut your eyes and just go for them.

Even 18 months old Michelins are good value, as is noted by our tyre guru Nikhil in this thread. As long as they were kept covered inside a godown or stock warehouse, it should be great. My good friend and fellow BHPian Leoshashi picked up 1-year old Michelins for his recently purchased XL6.

Try to get a good deal from the tyre dealer for them if they are in good condition upon close visual inspection.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The "Aayudha puja" customary ceremony is conducted on the tenth day of every Navratri at our home.

Due to the Covid situation this year, we had a quiet and short puja in the confines of our parking garage yesterday morning. Both our steeds in the garage - Dad's i20 and my Phoenix - were blessed by our resident Mother Goddess yesterday morning.

Dad conducted the puja while my little one did the bell-girl duty.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201025_125412.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201025_125342.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201025_131825.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201025_131612.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201025_132354.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201025_132926.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201025_132038.jpg

I have placed a factory order to Autoform India for a customised seat cover set a couple of days back through a local accessory dealer. Preparation time and delivery has been quoted for 3 weeks.

Also made a list of jobs to be done once the seat cover set comes into my hands. Hopefully around Diwali, Phoenix's customisation will be completed.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th October 2020 at 19:53.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 20:25   #144
BHPian

Thanks RavenAvi for your inputs. Gives me some courage to explore the old Michelins. Will try to get a good bargain on them. Thanks!

Quote:
My suggestion - if you are going to have a monthly running of close to 1,000 kms and value ride comfort over everything else, simply shut your eyes and just go for them.

Last edited by Sheel : 26th October 2020 at 20:33. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 27th October 2020, 23:05   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
Thanks RavenAvi for your inputs. Gives me some courage to explore the old Michelins. Will try to get a good bargain on them. Thanks!
There are some Michellin P4ST with Diwan Auto Care, Kasarvadavali, Thane (ph 9372822546). I just got my Yokohama bluearth from them. They were quite good. You may want to check with them.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 22:09   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Received my iPhone 12 yesterday and the first thing I did after enabling it was - you guessed it right - check the wireless charging compatibility with the Qi charging pad in our Phoenix.

Needless to say, the charging started as soon as I placed the 12 on the pad.

One point of note - the charging starts as soon as the car is started with the iVT transmission slotted in P. You need to keep the driver door closed, though. Charging is enabled in R, N, D & Manual modes.

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201104_19221100.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201104_19222400.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201104_192130.jpg

Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201104_192118.jpg

ODO is closing on 900 kms. It's my appraisal month + Diwali ahead so the running will continue to be sparse. FE continues to hover between 10-10.5 kmpl (real time) and 11-11.8 kmpl (as per MID). All inside the city.

The HU sure is buggy. Keeps rotating between the Mode of Play as per it's whim (between FM, AM & USB) whenever the car is started. I think it's slow in reading my 32GB pen drive and if it's successful in reading, it goes into USB mode, else it stays in either FM or AM (mostly FM). Sometimes the Mode button on the left side of the steering has to be pressed once for it to enter USB mode from the current FM or AM.

And, more than once, the current song which is being played before the car was switched off is forgotten and the first song in the File Folder structure of the USB drive starts playing when the car is started the next time. You have to run through the folders again to reach your earlier half-played song. Annoying.

Also, changing my primary SIM from my OnePlus to the 12 has resulted in me getting logged out of Bluelink from the former. For the latter, I downloaded Bluelink from the Apple App Store but I seem to have forgotten the password. It doesn't let me reset the same either for some odd reason. Dropped an email to Hyundai Bluelink with all details and screenshots last night. Yet to hear back from them.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th November 2020 at 04:48. Reason: As requested
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 11:22   #147
BHPian

Ravenavi, can you confirm if there's an Aux connectivity in the car?
Old 22nd November 2020, 20:48   #148
BHPian

Superb coverage of ownership. Myself is in the throes of indecision regarding whether to go for diesel ex or petrol s ( those being the limits of my budget). Not foreseeing more than a 1000 km monthly run after my change from my trusted waggy. Also worried whether this run warrants keeping a diesel. Though waiting for a TD of the seltos 2020, mind more or less fixed on the creta.

Last edited by HONESTabdul : 22nd November 2020 at 21:00. Reason: Typo
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:35   #149
BHPian

What a wonderful detailed review RavenAvi sir. I'm looking forward to book the same. My daily commute is of 50 km (to and fro) mostly b2b traffic and I'm planning to keep it for complete 15 years (Hope they are without any issues). Am I making a good decision or not?
Need your valuable advices esteemed BHPians.

Last edited by MadAxe : 23rd November 2020 at 12:01.
MadAxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 00:03   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Ravenavi, can you confirm if there's an Aux connectivity in the car?
Nope. No Aux connectivity provided. Sent you a PM sometime back confirming the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Myself is in the throes of indecision regarding whether to go for diesel ex or petrol s ( those being the limits of my budget). Not foreseeing more than a 1000 km monthly run after my change from my trusted waggy. Also worried whether this run warrants keeping a diesel.
Thank you, Abdul.

If running is not more than 1,000 kms per month, I strongly suggest staying with the S MT petrol. With factors such as almost similar pricing of both fuels, extra maintenance and upkeep of a diesel, NGT bans hovering around, BS6 hardware additions to the diesel engine, all of this combined with low running, it doesn't warrant the additional costs needed to own a diesel.

Even the resale value of a bestseller such as the Creta is not affected by it's fuel type - trust me. I have sold a petrol Creta after 2 years of running and got a fantastic resale value for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
I'm looking forward to book the same. My daily commute is of 50 km (to and fro) mostly b2b traffic and I'm planning to keep it for complete 15 years (Hope they are without any issues). Am I making a good decision or not?
Thank you, MadAxe.

Your running of around 1,500 kms a month does warrant a diesel, preferably with an AT. Do remember that the maintenance of BS6 diesels could be heavier considering the factors I listed above. Also, an NGT ban could severely restrict the shelf life of a diesel in the future. At present, you are safe for 10 years without any worries. Beyond that, only Nitin Gadkari knows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the Autoform seat covers set which I had ordered in the 3rd week of October finally arrived from Dehradun on 19th November. My local shop guy gave me the heads up on that very night and told me to bring Phoenix over the next day for the seat cover fitment. On 20th November, Friday, exactly 4 months to the day when the 2020 Creta had entered our lives, she was finally getting her seat covers work done. I got up late and hurried over to the seat covers shop without even taking breakfast or morning tea - yes, I was THAT excited!

If only I knew what was to follow..

For the record, I had gone through the latest Autoform seat cover catalogue and had selected this for my Phoenix:

U-Arrow Yellow/Black complete set (with neck cushions and seat pillows)
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img20201022wa0010.jpg

It was an unanimous choice of me, my little Princess, Ma & wifey. Price quoted for the covers (only) was 13,349/-. Neck cushions & pillows would be costing extra.

Looks fantastic, right?

Now you can guess why I was so excited on Friday morning.

BUT!

Guess what Autoform India had sent over from the factory:
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_115203.jpg

The ones among you who can spot no less than 20 differences between the pic in the official catalogue and the end product gets a prize from me!

Anyway, continuing:-

I took a peek inside the covers set and noticed the yellow stitched pattern inside and became immensely happy.
(My biggest mistake - I didn't tell them to open all the covers entirely and spread them in front of me so that I could check them thoroughly. I didn't have a reason to - I had used the company's covers before and trusted them.)
Since it is my appraisal month and my phone was ringing incessantly, I gave the go ahead to the fitting guys and sat some distance away attending to phone calls from literally everywhere.

I was engrossed in my conversations and was taking pictures from my OnePlus 8 in-between, when suddenly I realised that this pattern wasn't similar to what I had ordered from Autoform India. By the time I called up my shop guy and told the fitment guys to stop till he arrived, they had already completed fitting the front driver's seat, front passenger's seat and the rear sitting bench - complete bucket fitting with scissoring, cutting, needling, stitching, everything!

The shop guy arrived and immediately understood what I told him. He tried calling up the Autoform state distributor but wasn't getting through, so he put through a call to the Regional Head of Autoform India, some guy called Atul who is based in Indore. He explained to Atul about the situation and then handed the phone over to me. Mr Atul tried to justify the design change to me by saying this - it was indeed Autoform India's U-Arrow Yellow/Black design, but modified and customised as per the 2020 Creta's seat's contours!!

This explanation made me lose my cool. Badly.

I gave him a strong blast which would have made his ears bleed, and told him directly that this was nothing but plain cheating by the company. If you showcase something on your display and a paying customer comes in to buy it, would you sell him a lesser version/variety of the same saying that it was customised?!

By this time the fitment guys brought out the covered seats outside in the sun and I had a much better, close look at them. The quality of the covers! My God. Never thought that Autoform India's quality would dip to such levels. The PU cover was nowhere near the previous quality stuff I had gotten fitted in both my Honda Citys and my XUV500.

I told Mr Atul to check the photos I sent to my shop guy - Atul himself wouldn't get these fitted in any of his cars.

Here came another justification from the Area Head of Autoform India - the pic in the official catalogue of the U-Arrow Yellow/Black is of the Maruti Suzuki Swift's seats! If I had a Swift or a DZire, I would have gotten the same pattern, stitching and quilting as shown in the official catalogue! Since I have a 2020 Creta, the pattern, sewing and quilting will be modified accordingly!

No offence to any Swift/DZire lovers or owners alike, but someone driving a 6-7 lakh car gets richer, better patterned & designed seats, but someone driving a 17-18 lakh rupee car gets more sober, plainer seats. Who decides this at Autoform India? And they also justify it by those bull**** arguments thrown out above?

By this time, Mr Atul started getting nervous. He said something about talking at the Autoform factory and getting back to us. The shop guy said that Atul won't do anything, and called up the state distributor based at Raipur. This guy was more reasonable to talk to (couldn't get his name), and admitted Autoform India had actually made a grave mistake when my shop guy showed him the entire seat cover set draped around Phoenix's seats on the call made through Whatsapp video and pointed out the plain sections which should have been covered with the quilt patterns and bars but now looked cheap, plain and ordinary. The distributor replied that now nothing could be done since the covers have been fitted already and offered to customise it as per my requirements if I visited their official Autoform shop at Raipur in the future.

My shop guy was shaken by the incident. More so because the customised set had been ordered directly from the factory and was billed accordingly and he had paid for it. He repeatedly kept apologising to me and told me not to pay him for the covers. But, being the person that I am, I wouldn't hear anything of it. Autoform India was the culprit here - how was the shop guy supposed to know?!

But still, he tried to make up for this disappointment by gifting me a premium Ganesh idol & a non-alcohol based car sanitiser free of charge. The apologies continued on Whatsapp chats and phonecalls till the next day and he kept telling me not to pay for the set. But I cut a cheque for him for the amount he had told me and forcibly left it with him. Only reason - I didn't want this unpleasant incident, which wasn't his fault at all, affect my 12 year old relationship with him.

Reactions in the family?

Wife says the set looks too plain and simple, Ma says it looks sober, sophisticated and befitting for a car of a 43-year old professional, and my little Princess is of the opinion that I swapped her "original" choice with this set (she is extremely morose and thinking that I don't approve of her choices! If only I could explain the whole thing to her..)

As for me, I still don't like it.

Good friend and fellow D-BHPian Leoshashi was adamant and firm that I share this whole ordeal as it happened, so that it can be an eye-opener for those in our forum (and outside) who trust Autoform India blindly when it comes to seat covers - beware guys! Yes, this is cheating and I should sue them, but I neither have the time nor the patience to go through extra headaches in my life right now. Let this post be the proof that even a premium company such as Autoform India can cheat it's customers too.

Now, let some pictures do the rest of the talking:

The whole customised U-Arrow Yellow/Black PU set.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_103553.jpg

Rear seat OEM headrest cushion, removed.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_104447.jpg

Part number of the cushion above.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_104504.jpg

A tag on the rear seat armrest.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_133941.jpg

Front passenger seat removed.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_104615.jpg

Rear seat bench removed.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_104339.jpg

The Creta's front interior with the seats removed.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_122157.jpg

Rear interior, minus seats.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_122204.jpg

Rear seat cover draped.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_105001.jpg

Rear seat bench after fitting.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_111144.jpg

Cross section of the material used.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_142503.jpg

From the inside.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201119_142516.jpg

Finished product and it's fitting - front seats and neck cushions.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_115648.jpg

Rear seats with the pillows.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_115709.jpg

The pattern.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_115755.jpg

Stitching, from up close.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_115811.jpg

Rear seats with the pillows and the covered armrest.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_115947.jpg

Rear armrest and it's fitting.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_115955.jpg

Official tag.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_120015.jpg

The irony!
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_120023.jpg

The official price tag stitched on the inside of the front passenger's seat cover (below the back pocket area).
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201122_163425.jpg

Premium Ganesh idol given for free.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_123259.jpg

Non-alcohol based car sanitiser. Another freebie.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_161025.jpg

Crossed the first milestone on the same day.
Phoenix: Rising back from the ashes | Our 2020 Hyundai Creta SX IVT Review | EDIT: Sold-img_20201120_135049.jpg

I feel the engine has nicely opened up through the past 100-odd kms. The pull in lower RPMs has improved and the engine is more responsive across all speeds, I am feeling, even in the ECO mode. The FE is also steadily improving and the MID today shows a rock-solid 12.5 kmpl with the ODO reading at 1,054 kms. Yet to calculate Fuelio numbers but I am sure it will be hovering near the 11-11.5 kmpl mark for the same distances.

Also, two more observations of note:-

- The EPB engages by itself when you come to a complete stop and shift to P, only if you have Auto Hold enabled. With Auto Hold disabled, you have to pull the EPB button up to engage it manually.

- Felt the infamous rubber-band effect 2-3 times recently when I pushed down on the A pedal hard during overtaking in city traffic. It wasn't prominent and stayed for just about a fraction of a second before the Creta surged forward. No alarm, no panic. Didn't experience it before, so this is a new addition after the engine has opened up, I think.

Coming up soon - a wrapping session!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th November 2020 at 00:31. Reason: links inserted.
RavenAvi is offline   (55) Thanks

Most Viewed