Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
1. Sensairy:
Pros:
-Made in India(Claimed), so no issue of spares
-Tried and tested, Reliable

Cons:
-No dedicated wireless display. They do have HUD option but I'm not a big fan of wires.

Cost-Rs. 6,000
Your installation is already done (and so is mine! ) & you've surely done all the research before taking the decision. But posting a couple of queries just for the benefit of other readers.

1. The Sensairy kit is 6000 INR inclusive of installation + wheel balancing & alignment for 5 sensors at their authorized reseller/partner stores. So it would mean a pretty high net cost difference to the one you picked right?

2. If your car has Android Auto (And provided you use it) - then you don't need the HUD or wires at all. The Sensairy app with Android Auto compatibility is available & projects the detailed information on the car's screen directly. I use it and its very convenient too. Anyway the app has good alerts - vibration & audio alarms when the preset pressure/temperature thresholds are breached & so constantly keeping the app running on head unit isn't a must either.

With these 2 taken into consideration which one makes sense? I ask because a lot of friends / family are now thinking about TMPS installation in their cars & any such valuable insights can help in advising them too. Thanks.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st October 2020 at 10:20.
Reinhard is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 10:47   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded to PM 2.5 Cabin AC Filter:

Part numbers of PM 2.5 Filters for other cars:
Hello Shashi,
Any idea if this part is available for older MS cars. I have Type 1 Dzire and Ritz. Will love to have these filters in my cars.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:30   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
Does this have temperature indicator?
Yes. Mine is TM01 Model, which comes with a smaller screen. Due to lack of real estate on the screen, the unit shows Pressure readouts for 10 seconds, followed by temperature for 5 seconds or so. I'm not sure about the time durations, but this is approximately what I observed. That happens in a loop so you get updated about both values.

When giving pressure readings, it shows PSI(or Bar as per your setting) on left side, and °C on right when giving temperature readings.

Unit showing Temperature:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201020_185715.jpg

Unit showing Pressure:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201020_185906.jpg

There is another model, TM02 which comes with larger screen. That shows both values simultaneously and costs ~ Rs. 7k IIRC. I opted for TM01 mainly due to sleeker unit, and since I wasn't losing any crucial data readout.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-capture.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Your installation is already done (and so is mine! ) & you've surely done all the research before taking the decision. But posting a couple of queries just for the benefit of other readers.
Definitely. So glad you posed these queries, will help anyone in taking an informed decision.

Quote:
1. The Sensairy kit is 6000 INR inclusive of installation + wheel balancing & alignment for 5 sensors at their authorized reseller/partner stores. So it would mean a pretty high net cost difference to the one you picked right?
Yes cost wise Sensairy will work out to be cheaper, if installation is done via their authorised stores. Do they cover the cost of weights as well? If yes then definitely its a better deal economically. Since my city didn't have any such store, it didn't matter for me. Also cost was never in consideration, I just wanted a system which suited me and my needs better.

Quote:
2. If your car has Android Auto (And provided you use it) - then you don't need the HUD or wires at all. The Sensairy app with Android Auto compatibility is available & projects the detailed information on the car's screen directly. I use it and its very convenient too.
Yes XL6 has android auto, and I do use it often on long drives, not so much in the city or for short distances.

1. I did consider this option but opted against it since the last time I checked, the interface on Maruti's system was very sad looking, almost depressing. Not sure how it is in other brand cars.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-sensairy-baleno.jpeg

2. Anyways this I reckon isn't a big deal, because it can be easily fixed in subsequent app updates. But the main hassle is connecting your smartphone to the system every time to get an update. I'd prefer a standalone display for that any day.

Quote:
Anyway the app has good alerts - vibration & audio alarms when the preset pressure/temperature thresholds are breached & so constantly keeping the app running on head unit isn't a must either.
I prefer having the tyre data readouts always in front of me, and not when some alarm goes off. That way I can adapt or take preventive measures much ahead. For example, when the disaster was averted on my 800, the regular readouts warned me at least an hour ahead of the alarm. And that way I could vary my driving speed, take necessary precautions, deflate tyre when needed etc, and because of that by the time the alarm went off, I was near my house.

Another thing I didn't like about sensairy is if other people in the house need to drive the car. For example my dad never uses Android auto, but surely likes to have tyre readouts. For them having a dedicated readout is always better.

Quote:
With these 2 taken into consideration which one makes sense? I ask because a lot of friends / family are now thinking about TMPS installation in their cars & any such valuable insights can help in advising them too
It's a personal choice I believe, and I did list out my preferences and priorities. So Manatec's System still trumps in my opinion, for me.

I'm not a fan of separate displays or units on my dash. But these being aftermarket solutions, that's a compromise we have to make I guess and they can never compete against something which has been integrated in the vehicle from factory.

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Hello Shashi,
Any idea if this part is available for older MS cars. I have Type 1 Dzire and Ritz. Will love to have these filters in my cars.
No idea about older cars, you will have to do hit and trial for them. What I can help you with, is dimensions of all 3 filters. You can measure for your own cars and check which one works.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2020 at 07:34. Reason: As requested
Leoshashi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:49   #215

Wow! This is one of the best initial ownership review I have ever read. The way you explained everything right from the beginning of your search for a new car is really commendable. Congratulations for the new car.

Yes, XL6 is a wonderful car. I visited NEXA showroom a few days back for S-Cross. When I saw XL6, I was really impressed by the looks and the space on offer. In the end, I left the showroom confused thinking which car would be better among the two for my needs. I am still on the same page. Also, my preference of having a car without mild-hybrid technology is the reason I am still undecided.

Again, this was a great review. XL6 is a great offering by Maruti, and one must always read this detailed thread to learn the very basics of car buying procedure. Regards
incredible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:49   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes cost wise Sensairy will work out to be cheaper, if installation is done via their authorised stores. Do they cover the cost of weights as well?
Yes the weights are also included in the price. (I was pleasantly surprised too.) Bummer truly if there are no authorized partners in your city. That closes the case altogether.
Quote:
1. I did consider this option but opted against it since the last time I checked, the interface on Maruti's system was very sad looking, almost depressing. Not sure how it is in other brand cars.
Oh no - the UI is still the same depressing one. No change in it. My son in pre-school draws a far better & 3D car in 2 minutes.

As a matter of fact - most folks that I know are opting for these units with LCD 7 segment displays on the dashboard just like yours. Even when their cars have Android Auto. So indeed the convenience and ease of use seems better with the type that you have opted.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:56   #217
ike
BHPian

Quote:
TPMS: After a narrow escape on my 800, I immediately started looking for a similar solution for my XL6. Chief contenders were:

While browsing, I came across Tyremate branded TPMS with very high ratings. Since it was an unknown brand, plus the seller wasn't Prime, it never came on my radar. The high ratings made me curious. Seller was Manatec. They are a big name in Garage equipments. Dug deeper, and it was indeed made and marketed by Manatec under Tyremate brand name. I contacted Mr. Prithwi( 73589 18444) and he cleared all my doubts regarding availability of child parts. I placed an order on Amazon, and it was promptly shipped the next day by DTDC air. Parcel is shipped from their facility in Pondicherry. Received the package in flat 3 days.
Just curious, how does the tyre rotation work with this?
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 11:59   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Once the rotation is done, just enter settings, Re-learn mode. Once a particular wheel flashes, just go to that wheel and deflate it a bit. The unit learns new location of the sensor and gives a beep. Then you move to the next wheel which flashes. It's similar in Schrader unit as well, which is there in my 800.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 14:01   #219
BHPian

Quote:
No idea about older cars, you will have to do hit and trial for them. What I can help you with, is dimensions of all 3 filters. You can measure for your own cars and check which one works.

Regards,
Shashi
That would be great - Could you please share the dimensions of the filter?

Thanks in advance!
sai_ace is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 15:30   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Quote:
Once the rotation is done, just enter settings, Re-learn mode. Once a particular wheel flashes, just go to that wheel and deflate it a bit. The unit learns new location of the sensor and gives a beep. Then you move to the next wheel which flashes. It's similar in Schrader unit as well, which is there in my 800.

Regards,
Shashi
Good stuff, but I like rotating 5 tires, that's why got my spare wheel changed to alloy so the spare tire comes to use, so what happens with this configuration and since it comes with 4 sensors only?
MadTiger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:44   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Good stuff, but I like rotating 5 tires, that's why got my spare wheel changed to alloy so the spare tire comes to use, so what happens with this configuration and since it comes with 4 sensors only?
I have procured 5th sensor, and that will be installed soon in the stepney. Once say rotation is done, the activation is done in a similar manner, and your sensor which reaches stepney is now dormant. Had planned about this earlier.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 21:39   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Mine is TM01 Model
Thanks a lot Shashi . Based on your insight, i think now it will be easier to choose a tpms catering to individual interests.
CrossLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 23:50   #223
BHPian

Quote:
I have procured 5th sensor, and that will be installed soon in the stepney. Once say rotation is done, the activation is done in a similar manner, and your sensor which reaches stepney is now dormant. Had planned about this earlier.

Regards,
Shashi
If the Stepney sensonr goes dormant can you check the tyre pressure somehow? My biggest challenge with this car is checking the spare tyre pressure regularly which I could do easily with my previous cars. I know it’s a crime by ever since buying the car from last December I haven’t yet checked the pressure yet I have to make it a point to check it this week
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 09:24   #224
BHPian

Quote:
TPMS: After a narrow escape on my 800, I immediately started looking for a similar solution for my XL6.
can you let me know what is the tire pressure you maintain? With the recommended pressure of 32 F and 38 R the ride in my Ertiga tends to be very bouncy when fully loaded.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd October 2020 at 11:35. Reason: Fixed quotes.
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:42   #225
BHPian

While going through Maruti genuine accessories website, came across a PM 2.5 filter for baleno. But it costs Rs. 1290. Attaching the pic of the same. What would be the difference between the part mentioned by you and this?
Quote:
Upgraded to PM 2.5 Cabin AC Filter: While stock filter is good, one cannot be too safe in these polluted times. Have experienced these in a friend's Ciaz and they are very effective. Cabin and vents remain absolutely clean, always. Downside-Cleaning/replacement will be too frequent.

Part numbers of PM 2.5 Filters for other cars:

990J0M56RS0-010: 3rd Gen Swift & Dzire, Baleno, XL6 & 2nd Gen Ertiga
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20201022_193707.jpg  

Last edited by Kpzonwheels : 22nd October 2020 at 19:46.

Most Viewed