Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 05:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Excellent review! Congrats on the car. I am sure it will be pampered and will have the distinction of being the best maintained XL6 in the country just like that sweet 800 of yours.
extreme_torque is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 05:49   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Leoshashi on your new car.
And Thank you for a meticulous initial ownership review. Enjoyed every bit. Can’t wait for the future mods & the related posts.
+1 on the acknowledgement post.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 07:35   #18
BHPian

Now that's an excellent review and very detailed capturing the minute details.
Kottayamkaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 07:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review!
Congrats on your acquisition of the XL6, Maruti Suzuki has done a great job in getting this car in their portfolio and is now reaping success of it.

Wishing you a blissful ownership and am sure you will keeping updating this thread as you reach milestones ahead.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 08:40   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Shashi on a very sensible and a practical pick! I shall always continue to buy such practical (and flexible) cars in future too since the USPs they offer are remarkable for innumerable use cases in our daily life.

As we discussed, we have had 3 XL6s picked in the last 1 year in our apartment and all are MTs. As told by many, the Autobox of Maruti is simply mediocre when compared to much better ones from other manufacturers.

The XL6 is real VFM product in the price bracket and there is absolutely no doubt about that. The all black interiors look classy (Black is back) while the captain seats in second row are indeed wide and comfortable too.

A rare occasion when I was enjoying the second row captain seats during a recent TD by a friend:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-xl6-td.jpg

I would pick the XL6 over the Ertiga strictly comparing the two and needless to say one of the most important feature for me today is the Cruise Control that I sorely miss in my current car during the highway runs!!

Here's wishing you countless kilometers of happy, pleasurable and memorable motoring behind the wheels of your XL6. I am also sure that we will get to learn from you a lot about the XL6 as a product itself.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th August 2020 at 08:44.
paragsachania is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car. I am glad you got this instead of the Spresso etc. Wishing you and GG a long time faithful companion for many years to come.

Edit: Now that you have a bigger and more spacious car kindly find ahem someone to fill up the empty seats .

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 26th August 2020 at 09:16.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review Shashi. Regardless of what one might say about Maruti this is one of those brands most of us have owned as their first car. I know even very well to do people who owned the ubiquitous M800 back in the mid 80s when there was a waiting list and the car was sold at a premium in the after market AKA black market. And I can tell you from personal experience their service and support is very, very good. Almost matching Toyota's which is saying something. May be their tie up is a natural in the larger scheme of things. My Esteem MPFI would've been 20 years and 1 month old on 19/8 had I retained it. Just a few months younger than GG. Very fond memories of that car.

So once again congratulations on the first car and wishing you and the passengers many happy and safe miles. God bless.

Last edited by R2D2 : 26th August 2020 at 09:17.
R2D2 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

First things first! A big congratulation on getting your ‘own’ first car. It is always going to be special. And as Parag mentioned, this is a very practical pick over other segments. Looks fine too. The detailed review, which is anyway expected from you is going to help a lot of people evaluating cars, rather than just being a great read.

Hopefully this COVID thing subsides soon and we can enjoy a nice drive in near future. Take care of the GG too!

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review Shashi. Congrats on your first car.
Wishing you miles and miles of fuss free ownership.
starter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:46   #25
BHPian

This thread would be the reference point of anyone thinking to buy this car. It's as detailed as possible, filled with great pictures in the backdrop of beautiful landscapes of Ranchi. I could spend hours reading reviews like this, not just the buying process and driving experience but mention of finest technical details and useful and tasteful upgrades which I am sure are going to come.

You bought the car, but the level of discussions we had, it seemed like I was buying the car . I know for sure that stars must have aligned in right places when this car was rolled out, that it landed in your garage. That, it would get the best possible international upgrades and care from you.

For the car, I feel that apart from few miss on the features such as auto dimming mirrors, undertyred look, this is a complete product. Efficient and reliable engine, great space and flexibility, spares support from maruti suzuki, comfortable ride and a fair sticker price.

Stay safe!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 10:11   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on a truly remarkable car as your first own car!

The ownership review is as good as a new car review, but from an owner's perspective. You have covered almost everything in the review. I hope we'll get to see more and more additions to it like GG. Do add the auto IRVM and puddle lamps. They're a boon to have.

The XL6 appears to be a very practical vehicle. My brother did look at Ertiga for practicality but wasn't comfortable. He eventually went for S-Cross. Had XL6 been there that time, he might have picked it up.

Now if you ask me, this is a very good car and practical too. If I was in market for a new big car, this ticks almost all the boxes.

Wishing you miles and miles of happy driving.
BoneCollector is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

What an understatement of a title Shashi!

Congratulations on a very sensible pick. Also, the review is top class; an excellent reference point for future buyers. Will keep following this thread for interesting updates.

Ertiga has always been a likeable car for me and the XL6 takes the likeability further. If only it had a diesel heart!

Ertiga had a weak point in the ride quality for the last row passengers. How is it in the XL6?
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:59   #28
BHPian

Congrats LeoShashi on an amazing purchase. Wish you Lakhs of KMs of happiness with your new ride. Nice write up and amazing pictures.

This thread is very informative not only for XL6 / Ertiga owners and prospective buyers, but for all cars enthusiasts in general. I'm going to copy your work on my K10 Wagon R, I never knew about greasing of strut bar on top would protect struts in long term. Also realised that Maruti sells underbody rust coat as genuine accessory. I will pick it soon. Everytime you post something, there's something new to learn. Good call on the color and tyre upgrade. Enjoy your new ride!
WhiteSierra is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:56   #29
BHPian

Congrats LeoShashi for this excellent review on one of the best VFM car. Just a question though - Have you ever considered the addition of the MGA rear spoiler as an accessory?
I feel it might further enhance the look of this car.

I do own the Magma grey Ertiga ZXi+ and when I bought I felt the rear look was incomplete till I added the rear spoiler, which costed Rs 4999 in 2019. I very well like the black interior of XL6 as cleaning the beige interior of my car is a real pain, and black interior and the wood trim along with the silver border further enhance the interior look compared to that of Ertiga.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 14:24   #30
BANNED

Leoshashi, congratulations on your"First" car.
Excellent review and reference thread. Thanks.

Have a White XL6 bought in November 2019, and am quite happy with it. Primary reason was ease of entry for Mom. When I got the car in November, the Maruti Connect option for the head unit wasn't available. Since the pandemic, haven't checked back with the dealer. Was wondering if you considered it and your thoughts on it. Seems like a good thing to have when Mom goes with drivers to keep track. No trips since the pandemic, but was thinking about getting it for the future.
A slight peeve with the car, the light grey trims in the bottom of the car seems very vulnerable to scratch even with shrubs. Thinking of wrapping just that part in white.

Happy motoring.

Cheers
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks