Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2021, 18:48   #346
BANNED

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
There is another series in Yokohama, BluEarth. Do enquire about it. BHPian Lionell has it on his XL6.

Regards,
Shashi
Wouldn't recommend Yokohama bluearth.

I upgraded the tyres on my new xl6 to Yokohama bluearth 195/60/R15

It's silent and gives a plush ride. But the sidewalls are too soft. One of my tyres burst today while driving - a 2.5 inch sidewall tear. The tyre had done only 1200 kms. And I have driven the car only on proper roads so far. The tyre is manufactured in Oct 2020.

How do I claim warranty for the tyre. I am not sure if I have retained the invoice at the time of exchange of the tyre.
PYSO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 18:51   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post

It's silent and gives a plush ride. But the sidewalls are too soft. One of my tyres burst today while driving - a 2.5 inch sidewall tear. The tyre had done only 1200 kms. And I have driven the car only on proper roads so far. The tyre is manufactured in Oct 2020.

How do I claim warranty for the tyre. I am not sure if I have retained the invoice at the time of exchange of the tyre.
That's shocking. Did you hit anything anywhere? Usually sidewall damages happen when hitting kerb at an angle, or hitting pothole at high speeds.
Old 30th January 2021, 19:53   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Do post pics once its delivered. AT won't disappoint unless you drive pedal to metal style.

Do check if Continental UC6 is available in that size, heard they are awesome. Yoko BluEarth is another popular alternative.

Regards,
Shashi
Yokohama Bluearth is imported and due to current regulations many don't have stock. Earth1 is manufactured in India though. In my opinion, it is better to stay away from imported tyres for now.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 02:40   #349
BHPian

Quote:

Adjusting knob for fogs:
Hi Shashi,
I too notice that the fog lamp focus is too low in my Ciaz Alpha 2019. Was it possible to adjust the fog lamp without the car being lifted (assessing through engine bay area)? Can it be done in Ciaz as well without getting under the car or lifting it? I am assuming that the XL6 LED fog lamps are same as in Ciaz and I will try to adjust them based on the picture posted by you.

In my latest service, I had asked for fog lamp focus adjustment but was informed by the service advisor that the fog lamp does not have a provision for level adjustment. I took it with a pinch of salt but could not challenge him. But now, I can. I will try myself (if it is possible w/o lifting the car or w/o getting under the car) failing which I will approach the A.S.S, again. Thanks!
rachitarora1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 17:35   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachitarora1985 View Post
Hi Shashi,
I too notice that the fog lamp focus is too low in my Ciaz Alpha 2019. Was it possible to adjust the fog lamp without the car being lifted (assessing through engine bay area)? Can it be done in Ciaz as well without getting under the car or lifting it? I am assuming that the XL6 LED fog lamps are same as in Ciaz and I will try to adjust them based on the picture posted by you.

In my latest service, I had asked for fog lamp focus adjustment but was informed by the service advisor that the fog lamp does not have a provision for level adjustment. I took it with a pinch of salt but could not challenge him. But now, I can. I will try myself (if it is possible w/o lifting the car or w/o getting under the car) failing which I will approach the A.S.S, again. Thanks!
Getting under the car won't help you at all due to fender lining etc. While space in Ciaz isn't as generous like the XL6, you can still reach the adjuster knob of fog lamps. Use an open end spanner to rotate the knob, you can easily reach there, setup the spanner using feel and then rotate.

All fog lamps in MSIL cars have similar knobs for adjusting the focus, so please don't fall for the nonsense dished out by mechanics.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 21:55   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post

Request you to approach Yokohama with all necessary documents(invoice etc). I have been told that some patterns come with Unconditional warranty and if my experience with Goodyear's Unconditional warranty is anything to go by, you are entitled for a free replacement.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 12:35   #352
BHPian

Guys, I don't know how it happened, but one of the spoiler (fitted at nexa) caps that's towards the end on either side of the spoiler of my XL6, is missing, as can be seen from the attached image.

I contacted the service center but there is no positive response. They are saying that the caps do not come separately and are available only with spoiler.

Any info on where I can get these or any other alternate arrangement (can be painted if required). Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210204_122425.jpg  

Last edited by vvrchandra : 4th February 2021 at 12:36.
Old 4th February 2021, 12:46   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys, I don't know how it happened, but one of the spoiler (fitted at nexa) caps that's towards the end on either side of the spoiler of my XL6, is missing, as can be seen from the attached image.

I contacted the service center but there is no positive response. They are saying that the caps do not come separately and are available only with spoiler.

Any info on where I can get these or any other alternate arrangement (can be painted if required). Thanks in advance.
This is one of the main reasons why I didn't opt for any external accessory like this. They come in sets and don't have separate part numbers, hence not that directly procurable when need arises. All accessories like side decals, claddings, door visors etc suffer from this issue, lose one part and you will be offered entire set when need arises.

However there is a way out. Ask your Showroom's Accessories Manager(AM) for contact details of MSIL's Territory Accessory Manager for your region. He will be MSIL employee. Request him to arrange that part and it's in his jurisdiction to contact vendor of the spoiler directly and get that cap for you. I know cases where this has worked.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 11:36   #354
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello Shashi,

I have been keeping abreast of your XL6 from the time you posted about in the new car booking thread. Suffices to say that your thread is an invaluable treasure trove of information for every XL6 owner out there. I know atleast 10 owners on our XL6 Whatsapp group who have had the underbody engine protection plate installed following your post on it. So, thanks a ton for sharing your experiences through this thread.

Coming to the matter at hand, an Indonesian owner of the XL7 recently joined our Whatsapp owner's group. He had a very interesting question regarding the installation of Cruise Control on his XL7. According to him, as the ASEAN versions of the Ertiga and also the XL7 do not get the option of cruise control. He wants to retrofit the cruise control using parts from the Indian XL6. Most of the members there were of the opinion that such a retrofit is not possible. However, I recalled reading about Tbhpians retrofitting cruise control on their VWs and Fiats. You are kind of an authority on this kind of stuff (especially with Marutis). So, in your personal opinion, is it possible to retrofit cruise control on the XL7 using XL6 parts? What parts would the aforementioned Indonesian owner need to order?

Any help in this regard would be very much appreciated. Thanks a ton

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 9th February 2021 at 12:01. Reason: Correcting a grammatical Error
sierrabravo98 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 11:56   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
Coming to the matter at hand, an Indonesian owner of the XL7 recently joined our Whatsapp owner's group. He had a very interesting question regarding the installation of Cruise Control on his XL7. According to him, as the ASEAN versions of the Ertiga and also the XL7 do not get the option of cruise control. He wants to retrofit the cruise control using parts from the Indian XL6. Most of the members there were of the opinion that such a retrofit is not possible. However, I recalled reading about Tbhpians retrofitting cruise control on their VWs and Fiats. You are kind of an authority on this kind of stuff (especially with Marutis). So, in your personal opinion, is it possible to retrofit cruise control on the XL7 using XL6 parts? What parts would the aforementioned Indonesian owner need to order?

Any help in this regard would be very much appreciated. Thanks a ton
I haven't explored this yet, but CC retrofit on Marutis isn't a straightforward affair like VWs. Usually change of BCM, wiring, contact coil and in some cases speedometer is needed. This is in addition to many smaller parts which I haven't even mentioned.

I am no expert in this field so will refrain from commenting on this.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 21:06   #356
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I haven't explored this yet, but CC retrofit on Marutis isn't a straightforward affair like VWs. Usually change of BCM, wiring, contact coil and in some cases speedometer is needed. This is in addition to many smaller parts which I haven't even mentioned.

I am no expert in this field so will refrain from commenting on this.

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you for the clarification . It does seem to be a bit unfeasible going by your explanation.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 21:36   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yokohama Bluearth is imported and due to current regulations many don't have stock. Earth1 is manufactured in India though. In my opinion, it is better to stay away from imported tyres for now.
The older ones were imported. New locally made version is called BluEarth-GT AE51
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:42   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgraded to Iridium Plugs: Suzuki puts Denso Iridium ZXU20PR11 plugs in some K Series Engines abroad, specially Japan, UAE and UK. It's normal alternative in India is NGK's KR6A-10. Since I am a firm believer of Iridiums, this is one upgrade which was always on my Radar.

Denso OEM Part Number: ZXU20PR11
Suzuki OEM Part Number: 09482-00602
Price I paid for each plug, including shipping: Rs. 724
Total Cost: Rs. 2,896

Benefits observed:

1. The minor chit chit sound which comes from coil area with normal plugs is entirely gone. This was audible with hood open.

2. Eagerness to move from stop is lot better now.

3. The sluggishness observed when Li Ion battery is discharged, specially betweeen 3500-4000 rpm, is very much improved now. I also feel the engine is building up revvs cleanly. Also since I am using a lot less throttle to build up speeds, FE seems to have improved over similar driving cycles(Purely MID data).

4. Idle is much more stable now. This isn't perceivable, but can be observed with an OBD2 adapter.

What you shouldn't expect:

1. Your car won't become a rocket overnight. There will be very minimal gains, so have your expectations right.

Pics:

Finish of these SGP plugs is something else

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210108_121619.jpg

Fine tip:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210108_121626.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210108_121702.jpg

Packaging of MGP/SGP Plugs:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210108_133629.jpg

SGP ones come with Plastic casing for electrode, while MGP comes with cardboard type

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210108_133743.jpg

Comparison of tips(the one on left didn't come out of my car, borrowed a similar one from my MASS for comparison):

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210215_120823.jpg

MID readout of FE after a 400 km trip:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210204_130945.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:49   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Benefits observed:
Good upgrade Shashi.

Having installed stock equivalent Iridium plugs for the WagonR, I have to agree with your observations. I also had installed a set on a friend's SX4 too.

The low end feels a lot eager and smoother, especially the responsiveness of RPMs to climb up with ease when in B2B traffic. Secondly, the overall feel of the engine when driving at higher RPMs, around 100-120 KMPH feels a lot smoother. Idle of course as you say, is settled and crisp.

And yes, we are not here to talk about the car becoming a rocket or a beast but in general these are the noticeable changes one will experience and they certainly feel good.

Last but not the least, you can now forget cleaning them or replacing them for at least a 100k Kms .

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th February 2021 at 14:50.
paragsachania is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:24   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded to Iridium Plugs:
2. Eagerness to move from stop is lot better now.
Great upgrade Shashi!

I am on the hunt for these Iridium Plugs for my Ford Aspire - but no luck so far. Hoping it fixes the crappy low end response in my car.
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks