Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 19:41   #391
BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Hi LeoShashi,

Any update on the damping?
I have been excitedly waiting on it ever since you've mentioned it in the beginning. Can't even imagine what kind of silence you'll get to enjoy in the already quiet petrol. It's going to be luxury car like!

All the best!

Any updates??? :P
I've been curious to see how you do it ever since you've mentioned it at the opening
Old 25th February 2021, 09:06   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Any updates??? :P
I've been curious to see how you do it ever since you've mentioned it at the opening
Yes it has been done, months ago. We completed the work in 5 days, used to work from 6PM to 11PM and then from 6AM to 9AM. Had clicked many pics and videos, unfortunately that particular phone got bricked a few days later and I'm yet to recover files from it.

Stay tuned, I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 13:51   #393
KPR
BANNED

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

@Leoshashi
Any comparison you've made with respect to driveability of 1.5P in XL6 and S Cross MT?
Old 25th February 2021, 14:34   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
@Leoshashi
Any comparison you've made with respect to driveability of 1.5P in XL6 and S Cross MT?
Absolutely no difference in driveability. Only the intake growl which is very prominent in XL6, feels much more muted in the S Cross, may be due to presence of resonator. Rest everything with respect to engine and drive is same.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 21:30   #395
BHPian

Thanks Shashi. I've bought one of each. However, would need a screw gauge to see if the dimensions are different. The overall length of thr ground electrode is higher in the iridium one.

Should I get these checked for dimensions first(by say a scientific tool) and then only proceed with the gapping tool to reduce the gap to 1mm?

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Don't expect MS to help
you with these. I got my plugs carried from UAE. Anyways the plug I used won't be of any use for you. Your car uses LKR6F-10, which is a long reach plug(longer thread area than my KR6A-10).

However, if it were my Baleno, I would have tried plug from New Dzire Dualjet. It uses Iridium plug, NGK ILZKR6F11. Costs Rs. 330 and is available on Boodmo, Part Number 09482M00651. Buy that and compare physical dimensions with your plug. If everything is same, decrease the plug gap to 1.0mm and you can use it[LKR6F10 means heat range is 6 and 1.0 is plug gap, ILZKR6F11 means Heat range is 6 too, and plug gap is 1.1mm, so you have to bring it down to 1mm). This is what I would have done. But please make sure dimensions of your plug and Dzire's is same. I have a feeling that this mod will work!

Regards,
Shashi
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-pxl_20210301_154545824.jpg  

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-pxl_20210301_1545294502.jpg  

lxskllr is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 22:22   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Thanks Shashi. I've bought one of each. However, would need a screw gauge to see if the dimensions are different. The overall length of thr ground electrode is higher in the iridium one.
Yes the reach of the Iridium plug is longer, please don't use this. It may hit pistons and do more harm than good. Please return the iridium plug(hope it's from Boodmo).

Apologies for inconvenience and thanks for increasing my knowledge.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:44   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: 9,000 km completed.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210303_155156.jpg

A recent exterior click. Thinking of getting 3rd service done, as I may be taking it on a ~3000 km trip next week, and I don't intend to get service done in some other city.

Signing off with a recent click:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210223_171017.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 21:47   #398
BHPian

Thank Shashi. Tried contacting NGK via email if they have any alternate iridium spark plug.

Here's what they wrote "In regard to your query, we would like to inform you that currently NGK is not recommending any Iridium spark plug against LKR6F-10.
For more details you can refer to our 4wheeler application chart, please find below the same."

I'm attaching the PDF incase this is helpful to others!

The search for iridium spark plug continues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes the reach of the Iridium plug is longer, please don't use this. It may hit pistons and do more harm than good. Please return the iridium plug(hope it's from Boodmo).

Apologies for inconvenience and thanks for increasing my knowledge.

Regards,
Shashi
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4W Application Chart.pdf (4.45 MB, 653 views)
lxskllr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 22:12   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Thank Shashi. Tried contacting NGK via email if they have any alternate iridium spark plug.
Yes NGK doesn't have any alternative for K series plugs in India. I got lucky because I found Maruti exporting some K series engines with denso plugs, and that's exactly what I got.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 7th March 2021, 11:09   #400
BHPian

Hi Shashi,

Your Thread is extremely informative and a must visit for anyone interested in Utility vehicles. I want to install these iridium plugs in my ertiga ( First Generation) . Any idea where I can order these from , what kind of plugs would go for Ertiga? Is Boodmo the right place or should I try somewhere else?

Would be wonderful if you can let me know.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 22:36   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Hi Shashi,

Your Thread is extremely informative and a must visit for anyone interested in Utility vehicles. I want to install these iridium plugs in my ertiga ( First Generation) . Any idea where I can order these from , what kind of plugs would go for Ertiga? Is Boodmo the right place or should I try somewhere else?

Would be wonderful if you can let me know.
Check your owners manual, if its KR6A-10, then you can very much use the same plugs I used. Sources I have mentioned in my previous posts.

__________________________________________________ _____

XL6 is currently in role of support car, I'm currently restoring dad's 1980s Priya Scooter, and having a van is immensely useful in hauling large cargo.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210301_142657.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210301_173005.jpg

I was surprised to see how high XL6's hood is, was almost similar to Scorpios:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210301_150117.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 10:11   #402
BHPian

Hi Shashi,

I forget to update. I have purchased the White color Alpha AT XL 1 month back.
changed the tyres to Michelin P4ST straightaway. Resisted the temptation to change the alloys.

I have completed 900 km and so far nothing exceptional to report.

I have installed TPMS of Skyshop, exact same replica of the one you have installed.

1 query: I filled the air pressure at 30PSI 1 month back and till now the air pressure stays between 32 to 34 and did not have to refill the tyres or do anything till now. Is it normal?

Some fluctuations can be there so I am not reducing the air pressure and bringing it to 30 from 32.

Any suggestions.
Old 14th March 2021, 11:28   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
changed the tyres to Michelin P4ST straightaway. Resisted the temptation to change the alloys.
Brilliant choice. I couldn't get P4ST as my purchase was done when there was still strict lockdown at many places. Hope Michelins come back in the market soon.

Quote:
I have completed 900 km and so far nothing exceptional to report.

I have installed TPMS of Skyshop, exact same replica of the one you have installed.

1 query: I filled the air pressure at 30PSI 1 month back and till now the air pressure stays between 32 to 34 and did not have to refill the tyres or do anything till now. Is it normal?

Some fluctuations can be there so I am not reducing the air pressure and bringing it to 30 from 32.

Any suggestions.
Ideally there shouldn't be any fluctuations when tyre is cold. For example I keep 31-32PSI when cold, and after driving once tyres heat up, they go upto 35-36 PSI. That's absolutely normal. Once tyre becomes cold again, it should return back to 31-32 if there isn't any leak.

I don't remember topping up air for months together. TPMS also helps in quick monitoring so the old school way of periodic measuring isn't needed.

__________________________________________________ ______

XL6 is on temporary rest as I wanted GG to do a bit of running. I monitor restoration work on dad's scooter every evening, the workshop is located near the Ring road, so the empty roads are perfect opportunity for GG to stretch itself.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210310_193110.jpg

The XL6 is a size too large for GG's parking space hence had to be parked diagonally. Add to that the supplies which keep pouring in daily for ongoing Scooter restoration, the place is a mess!

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20210310_193133.jpg

Odo is at 9,400 km.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 19:25   #404
BHPian

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Hi Smooth, Shashi,
I have booked XL6 zeta automatic white color. Hoping delivery by end of march. Main reason was that we do not want leather seats.
As it will through company lease, i would not change tyres etc. i am thinking to install tpms, rear camera(maruti oem), rubber mats (maruti oem).
What else would you strongly recommend?
Regards,
Abhishek
Old 16th March 2021, 11:48   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hi Smooth, Shashi,
I have booked XL6 zeta automatic white color. Hoping delivery by end of march. Main reason was that we do not want leather seats.
As it will through company lease, i would not change tyres etc. i am thinking to install tpms, rear camera(maruti oem), rubber mats (maruti oem).
What else would you strongly recommend?
Regards,
Abhishek
Do go through this thread, I believe most of the necessary items I feel, I have put. Dashcam is one I'll surely recommend.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks