Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 10:42   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Kindly let us know the hotel/property name, we are also planning to vistit Deoghar from Patna.
Maihar Garden Resort, there is no online booking option but they reserve a room for you over whatsapp. This property is ~4 km away from the temple premises, but is well connected by E Rickshaws, reserved ones cost you around 50 Rupees. The only reason we chose this over other nearer hotels was because of the huge parking they had. I hate unsecured parking spots. Other hotels offered road side or far away parking spots in some vacant places which were a strict no no for me.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 00:30   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Minor Update: There were few chips on the undercarriage, some due to underbelly hits while others were mere stone chips. Used this spray can to cover them all up:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20211024_231543.jpg

Regarding ISG recall: WM informed me that they have received the kits, and I'll most likely be going in for replacement on 1st November.

Signing off with a recent click of the XL:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20211028_002252.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 12:04   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Regarding ISG recall: WM informed me that they have received the kits, and I'll most likely be going in for replacement on 1st November.

Regards,
Shashi
Shashi, any idea on what component they are planning to replace? Is it just the harness or the MGU unit.
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:55   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease View Post
Shashi, any idea on what component they are planning to replace? Is it just the harness or the MGU unit.
Just the MGU/ISG, but it's the process which is a bit worrying. The "Kit" consists of MGU+Axle(Driveshaft) Nut+drain bolt.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-2.jpg

The advised SOP as per Maruti's service circular is:

-Air Filter housing, RH Wheel, Wheel arch trims and few suspension components will be removed.

-Gearoil will be drained.

-Driveshaft will be removed.

-MGU will be replaced, axle nut and drain plug will be replaced along with refilling of drained gear oil.

Few more points:

*Another way of removing MGU is by removing intake manifold, but that's not the way this service circular says.

*ECM will be updated, along with clearing of all DTC codes. The update will be regarding functioning of SHVS

*This is the largest and most complicated recall undertaken ever in India, thus everyone is pretty nervous. Tomorrow all workshops will be conducting a final mock replacement on one of their Demo vehicles, under direct watch of Maruti HQ via video call.

*Teams have been formed and they have been given a target of certain number of vehicles, if achieved, the technicians will get an incentive of Rs. 1000 per day.

*Records will be kept for 11 years, and the affected cars will be monitored periodically.

*The time between announcement of recall and actual replacement has been used to train mechanics, stock spares etc.
Leoshashi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 19:02   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Just the MGU/ISG, but it's the process which is a bit worrying. The "Kit" consists of MGU+Axle(Driveshaft) Nut+drain bolt.
thats complex, i got a call for appointment on 1-Nov and was told its a 3-4 hour job, fingers crossed
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 19:33   #711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thats complex, i got a call for appointment on 1-Nov and was told its a 3-4 hour job, fingers crossed
Yes easily. Be very careful about RH oil seal when they reinstall the driveshaft, it's very easy to damage it if the mechanic isn't seasoned.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 02:07   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Another noticeable point: The updated part 96100M82R11 costs more(Rs. 44980) than the current part in our cars, 96100M82R01 which costs Rs. 41420.
Old 30th October 2021, 06:10   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Yes easily. Be very careful about RH oil seal when they reinstall the driveshaft, it's very easy to damage it if the mechanic isn't seasoned.
Does the gear oil mean the gearbox oil for MT. If so any change in process for AT. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th October 2021, 09:22   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Does the gear oil mean the gearbox oil for MT. If so any change in process for AT. Thanks in advance.
I'm not entirely sure, but for AT cars, front exhaust pipe(after exhaust manifold/catcon) will have to be removed to gain access. If you look at the pic posted above, one of the parts in the kit suitable for AT include exhaust seal rings.

All workshops have received detailed service circulars with pics of each small steps listed. Do have a look to familiarize yourself with all steps before car goes in. Will try to get the pics if possible.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: At a known workshop, they changed the first unit on some S Cross just now . It took them exactly 50 minutes for the job.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 30th October 2021 at 09:39.
Old 30th October 2021, 09:42   #715
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I can attest to this. The only difference being that my workshop will start after the Diwali break.

I was informed of this when I took the XL6 for its 20k service the day before yesterday. I was chatting with the mechanic work while he was working on the car. He told me that they (i.e, that particular workshop) have a list of around 400-500 cars. They will be working in 12 hour shifts (9am to 9pm) and they have targetted to complete the entire recall process in 7-10 days at the max. I was also told that I can stay with the car during this process if I wanted to and that the process itself would take around 2-3 hours.

They would probably be suspending regular service jobs for those 10 days. Considering that the particular workshop only has 10 service bays, I think they are overestimating their capabilities a bit. I will try and schedule my vehicle towards the fag end of the campaign so that the risk is minimised a bit.
Old 30th October 2021, 09:46   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
I will try and schedule my vehicle towards the fag end of the campaign so that the risk is minimised a bit.
What kind of risk?
Old 31st October 2021, 18:34   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
What kind of risk?
Towards the end of the campaign, the technicians would have handled many cars so the chances of anything going wrong are expected to be lower.

I am also planning to do the same so thought this must be what Sierrabravo must be referring to as well.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 23:26   #718

I thought of also looking at the used car market. There is a Dec 2019 Alpha AT which is used for only 6500 kms available for 11.25L. The current OTR in Mumbai for it is 14.11L. I will get it checked at a MASS, but considering that it is a well maintained car, do you think the asking price is justified? A guess a deal under 11L would be a sweet deal. Getting this through a dealer close to my house.

I am asking since I recently spoke to an individual who sold his car. It was an Alpha AT and he got close to 10L. I am not sure if he sold it in a hurry or that is the market value of the car. He did mention that the car was hardly used and his reason to sell was the low mileage.
AviC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 02:11   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviC View Post
I thought of also looking at the used car market. There is a Dec 2019 Alpha AT which is used for only 6500 kms available for 11.25L. The current OTR in Mumbai for it is 14.11L. I will get it checked at a MASS, but considering that it is a well maintained car, do you think the asking price is justified? A guess a deal under 11L would be a sweet deal. Getting this through a dealer close to my house.

I am asking since I recently spoke to an individual who sold his car. It was an Alpha AT and he got close to 10L. I am not sure if he sold it in a hurry or that is the market value of the car. He did mention that the car was hardly used and his reason to sell was the low mileage.
Yes if the car is clean and you are fine with owning such a car(somehow I don't get connected with any pre-owned cars) then it surely makes sense.

Get it's service history checked at any MASS and take a long TD. Low running matters but then it is also almost 2 years old, do take that into consideration. Also check it's Auxiliary Power module(Li Ion battery) for proper operation since it's known to fail in cars which are kept idle for long.

There is always room for some discount when going pre owned, and I believe something around 10 should be a good deal, provided the car is clean.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 10:55   #720
BHPian

Got a call today morning for a quick check on my Ciaz July 2019 Alpha P Manual. Will be going this weekend - Sunday to Hinjewadi Maruti Service center.

Just wanted to know if it's going to be a compulsory change of the part or is it going to be identified first and then replaced like last time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks