Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 21:26   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Update!

Got the car back after ISG replacement without any issues. The SA did the software update in front of me and it was pretty fast. The SA did a test drive before handing the car over to me. Drove for 10 kilometers straight out of the service center and some points to note:

As mentioned by @Leoshashi, ISG wont activate immediately to provide power to the wheels for some time after the update. Initially, the battery will charge and show 5 bars, on uphill roads, you may feel that its not working and the battery should drain, but the charge will stay, wait for some kilometers and it will start working as expected.

I could not find much difference in car's performance as such, will note my observations as I drive more.

Overall, I am satisfied with the work, there weren't any unexpected noises etc. from the exhaust pipe or engine bay as I drove over bad roads.

I feel sad for the SA whom I mentioned earlier was not welcoming, he was a bit frustrated that he had to cancel his diwali holidays and work overtime during festive season. He wished this all happened a week later We had a good chat in the evening and I left on a positive note.
NiInJa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 08:25   #737
BHPian

Got my XL6 AT Alpha yesterday after the MGU replacement. Left it at the showroom around 9.30 am and got a call around 2.30 pm. Everything seems fine as of now.

For AT there is no need to drain out the gear oil, as mentioned above for MT cars. My SA has informed this when I asked him in the morning.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 3rd November 2021 at 08:29.
vvrchandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:02   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
They then had to update the ECM. There was an update for auxiliary power module. They had to clear all existing DTCs and then move the car to sunlight so that sun load sensor doesn't throw a code.
Can you find out if this update is applicable for all cars OR only those which come in for ISG replacement?
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:23   #739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you find out if this update is applicable for all cars OR only those which come in for ISG replacement?
Only for those which get updated ISG.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 3rd November 2021, 10:14   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Only for those which get updated ISG.

Regards,
Shashi
I heard it the other way. My SA informed that even if the ISG is not eligible for replacement after scanning the VIN and bar code, they are supposed to do the ECU update.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 3rd November 2021 at 10:16.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 10:56   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I heard it the other way. My SA informed that even if the ISG is not eligible for replacement after scanning the VIN and bar code, they are supposed to do the ECU update.
Just got off the call from a senior MSIL executive, the update has to be done only in those cars whose MGU has been changed.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:01   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: As per latest service circular which came today morning, Software update has been put on hold. Only MGU replacement is being carried on.
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:30   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Update: As per latest service circular which came today morning, Software update has been put on hold. Only MGU replacement is being carried on.
I got my MGU / ISG replaced. Exact same process carried out as per your post. But software update was differed. After calling TSM found out that it's put on hold. I am starting my journey for Kolkata on Friday and was really looking forward for the update. But anyways will have to go without it for now.
MadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 14:40   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Software update has been put on hold. Only MGU replacement is being carried on.
Dear Shashi, I have a query. Is it mandatory to replace the ISG within this month? I live at a remote place and I can get the ISG replaced only when I visit a major city like Chandigarh or Dehradun. I am assuming that this would be possible only in December or January for me.

I got a call from Nexa showroom today and they say that the recall process is valid only for the month of November.

Thanks.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 14:51   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

I got a call from Nexa showroom today and they say that the recall process is valid only for the month of November.
Nothing like that. You can get it changed as per your convenience. Workshops have targets so they scare customers like that.

Also you should confirm this with RSM of your area. AFAIK, there is no such deadline as November.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 3rd November 2021, 21:22   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this!
Did they mention if the ones already updated need to be rolled back? And any particular reason for putting it on hold.

I have a long awaited road-trip planned on 19th to 22nd of this month and don't want anything to go wrong with that :(
Old 3rd November 2021, 21:26   #747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Thanks for this!
Did they mention if the ones already updated need to be rolled back? And any particular reason for putting it on hold.

I have a long awaited road-trip planned on 19th to 22nd of this month and don't want anything to go wrong with that :(
Nothing about our cars which have been updated. Don't worry and enjoy the drive.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 19:31   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The recall and subsequent update regarding the Auxiliary Power module(Li Ion) has a great effect on the overall performance.
I had my Ciaz's MGU replaced along with software update, on the same date as Shashi did. This was at Service Masters Okhla, New Delhi. After another 150 km of purely city driving in the last few days, I am happy that the car has started behaving better in the following ways:
  1. FE has gone up on the MID to a constant 16+ kmpl, which used to be in the 14-14.5 range in the city in the previous two winters (ACC set to 23 degrees all the time);
  2. The car has better pickup and low-end grunt, without as much accelerator input as before. I'd bet the 0-60kmph time has significantly improved, but have no way to prove it;
  3. Pulls much better from 1200-1500 RPM in higher gears. Often does not need downshifting;
  4. Idle stop at traffic lights exceeds 50 seconds - never used to exceed 40 seconds earlier;
  5. Yet to see what kind of overall FE it returns, but judging by how far the fuel indicator has dropped, I'd definitely expect 15+ kmpl.
SS-Traveller is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 12:59   #749
BHPian

Have been reading quite a lot about the ISG/MGU update on this forum. Not sure what I missed, but is there any info who is eligible for this update? I mean month/year of manufacture etc.
Old 7th November 2021, 15:53   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Taurus View Post
Have been reading quite a lot about the ISG/MGU update on this forum. Not sure what I missed, but is there any info who is eligible for this update? I mean month/year of manufacture etc.
Hope this helps:

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India Limited on Friday announced to undertake a recall of some petrol variants of Ciaz, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza, S-Cross, and XL6. This is to inspect for a possible defect in 181,754 units of these models manufactured between 4th May 2018 to 27th October 2020.

Recall campaigns are undertaken globally to rectify faults that may be potential safety defects. The recall is to inspect for a possible defect in 181,754 units of models manufactured between 4th May 2018 to 27th October 2020
Link: Thread on Recall (Maruti Suzuki recalls 1.80 lakh vehicles over a 'possible defect'.)

Your car is fairly new if I'm not wrong, hence it isn't a part of the recall.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks