Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2021, 17:49   #856
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Hi @leoshashi,
Amazing modifications and it is a pleasure following your XL6 thread.
There is always something new to learn from your posts.
I am an ardent fan of your modifications and love the way you take care of your vehicles.
Andaleeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:21   #857
sbm
BHPian

Nice find Shashi. Simple yet elegant solution these Valeo fog lamps setup. Will definitely try these on my Baleno 👍
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:53   #858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
Honestly, I did not explored non-MGP parts before. But, this Valeo part looks better.
Do you think that H16 19W bulb in Valeo can be replaced with higher wattage bulb without blackening the reflector in long run?

Thanks.
Yes Valeo will be a good upgrade over stock MGP fogs. Given it's quality and build, I'm pretty sure it can handle 55W bulbs easily. Obviously longevity won't be as good as those with Glass lens and metal reflector, but should easily last 3-4 years IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I've been contemplating a similar addition on my cars, however my train of thought leads me to strips of tape from 3m, at a very economical cost.

What do you reckon?
As I had mentioned earlier, the 3M reflectors I bought had very poor glue, thus I opted for OE spare this time. May be I got a fake or poor quality product. You can try your luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaleeb View Post
Hi @leoshashi,
Amazing modifications and it is a pleasure following your XL6 thread.
There is always something new to learn from your posts.
I am an ardent fan of your modifications and love the way you take care of your vehicles.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Nice find Shashi. Simple yet elegant solution these Valeo fog lamps setup. Will definitely try these on my Baleno 👍

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 13:28   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Fatigue and Negligence caused this:

Thankfully, the Ugly cladding did its job and saved the metal entirely. After some TLC, it's not visible from far, but the deep remains. Will get it changed sometime later if I feel like, have procured the parts. Approximate cost is around Rs. 600 for 2 trims.
Shashi sir, I got similar scratches to my 1 week old Ertiga 2 years back. I rued my decision of not getting the "ceramic" coating right from the showroom.
Since then and since XL6 was released, I wanted to have that ugly cladding for my Ertiga . Do you have any information if those from XL6 can fit my 2gen Ertiga?
Any other parts I can repurpose for Ertiga? I have been salivating for the D pillar vertical tail light. Thanks in advance!
Old 25th December 2021, 17:51   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Shashi sir, I got similar scratches to my 1 week old Ertiga 2 years back. I rued my decision of not getting the "ceramic" coating right from the showroom.
Since then and since XL6 was released, I wanted to have that ugly cladding for my Ertiga . Do you have any information if those from XL6 can fit my 2gen Ertiga?
Any other parts I can repurpose for Ertiga? I have been salivating for the D pillar vertical tail light. Thanks in advance!
Sad to know about the scratches on your new car. If it's some consolation, PPF or Ceramic coating wouldn't have helped if your car brushes against a pillar.

Unfortunately, you cannot fit the XL6 ones directly because they are held together by numerous clips and double sided tapes, quite rigid. Thus it won't be of much use to you.

How bad are the scratches, can you post the pics?

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 17:42   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Alert all Owners: Update for SmartPlay Studio Infotainment System

Which cars are eligible: All cars with Smartplay Studio System(Harman). Basically ones with this kind of interface:

Which cars aren't: All older cars with Smartplay Audio System(Bosch). Basically ones with this kind of interface:

Guys, the latest version, MD-0421 is now available with all Maruti workshops. You may get your head unit updated. I got mine, and it's the latest version which is coming with current batch of Maruti cars.

Old Version, MD 0820

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20211227_145240.jpg

Latest Version, MD 0421

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20211227_150808.jpg

A minor update on my XL6: It's being used only in city, and thus odo is moving at snail's pace. Currently it's at 17,600 km. Signing off with a pic of my XL6, with XL6 AT of my cousin which was delivered last Saturday:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20211225_152338.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 00:02   #862
BHPian

Hope this update fixes the AA issue once and for all, I am tired of unplugging and re-plugging the cable. Everytime I get a call the music will start playing loudly on the phone instead of HU after ending the call.

On a more positive note, today took the car out after a brief hibernation, was pleasantly surprised with the FE, and this while not even paying attention to FE. The MID readout was 18.7 kmpl. Usually my mileage hovers around 16 to 17, rarely I get 18. This readout was after mixed driving of city + highway of about 40km. Looks like the update has definitely made some impact. Looking forward to my upcoming journey back to BLR.
MadTiger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 10:32   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Hope this update fixes the AA issue once and for all, I am tired of unplugging and re-plugging the cable. Everytime I get a call the music will start playing loudly on the phone instead of HU after ending the call.
Weirdly, I'm yet to have this issue of music playing loudly on phone after a call. In my case, if there is music playing in background, and Google Map is on screen, it freezes around 30 minutes mark. Have tried new OE cables but it didnt help. To fix that, you need to turn off the car and then restart after a gap of atleast 10 seconds. A workaround which works for me is, stay on home screen and let the maps work in background. For most part it gives the audio directions flawlessly, and I bring the map to foreground only when I need to see something. Not a very elegant way but it works perfectly with AA not freezing for even 2 long hours.

With this new MD-0421 Update, I tried to keep map on for a good 40 minutes and it didn't freeze. Fingers crossed for longer drives.

Quote:
On a more positive note, today took the car out after a brief hibernation, was pleasantly surprised with the FE, and this while not even paying attention to FE. The MID readout was 18.7 kmpl. Usually my mileage hovers around 16 to 17, rarely I get 18. This readout was after mixed driving of city + highway of about 40km. Looks like the update has definitely made some impact. Looking forward to my upcoming journey back to BLR.
Yes the update post MGU/ISG replacement has worked wonders and even I am getting 1-2kmpl more during my regular usage. The increased boost time is also helping with an energetic speed buildup. Very happy with the update.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 12:11   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the update post MGU/ISG replacement has worked wonders and even I am getting 1-2kmpl more during my regular usage. The increased boost time is also helping with an energetic speed buildup. Very happy with the update.

Regards,
Shashi
I got the MGU replacement done for my Ertiga Zxi AT on 3rd Nov, in Bangalore. I didn't go through details on how they did and what. However the FE seems to have dropped. Now in city traffic MID realtime is showing around 8.8 kmpl. It used to hover at high 9's earlier. I am aware that AT usually have lower FE.
Anything to be checked after MGU replacement which could be a culprit?
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 12:15   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Anything to be checked after MGU replacement which could be a culprit?
Please ask your SA if only MGU change was done or did they update the firmware as well. Firmware update is needed to experience full benefits.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 21:11   #866
BHPian

Excellent thread @Leoshashi. This will help so many current and future XL6 owners. I had ordered parts for adding engine underbody protection to my 2016 Baleno.

Had placed the order with Boodmo for these 3.
  1. 72410 M 54T00 center
  2. 72822 M 54T00 right
  3. 72812 M 54T00 left

Only 1 and 2 arrived. The main cover fitted after some jugaad. Guys at Pratham Nexa were surprised to see MGA parts for these. In fact, all SAs gathered when it was being fitted to my car. However part 2 could not be fitted as it seems the Baleno has this similar already.

Anyone in Bangalore in need of part number 72822 M 54T00 is welcome to pick it up from me, free of cost. Please DM.
Horizon85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 22:10   #867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Excellent thread @Leoshashi. This will help so many current and future XL6 owners. I had ordered parts for adding engine underbody protection to my 2016 Baleno.
If the order is from Boodmo then why not return the floor cover which is unused? Also what kind of jugaad did they have to do? As far as I know, fitment in Baleno is fairly straightforward, and BHPian Prodigy07 confirms it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Shashi,

Its pretty straightforward. No jugaad work involved in this.
Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 22:21   #868
BHPian

Quote:
If the order is from Boodmo then why not return the floor cover which is unused? Also what kind of jugaad did they have to do? As far as I know, fitment in Baleno is fairly straightforward, and BHPian Prodigy07 confirms it:
Both parts were delivered with a long gap between them leaving the return window for first one closed by the time second arrived. Boodmo experience was bad.

The jugaad in fitting was to use washers for fixing screws in some of the smaller holes. It was not a direct fit. Mine is a 1st gen car. Not sure if there is a difference due to that.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 22:27   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post

The jugaad in fitting was to use washers for fixing screws in some of the smaller holes. It was not a direct fit. Mine is a 1st gen car. Not sure if there is a difference due to that.
Seems they didn't opt for the correct size nuts and screws. Else, the setup for Baleno, Swift and Dzire is literally plug and play.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 22:35   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Seems they didn't opt for the correct size nuts and screws. Else, the setup for Baleno, Swift and Dzire is literally plug and play.

Regards,
Shashi
You are right. I just checked @Prodigy07's post and he too has a 2016 Baleno.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks