Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 21:44   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The XL turns 1:
Update: The XL turns 2! It came to us on 14th July, but was billed on 13th Evening. Unfortunately, I'm not at home and thus couldn't take it on a drive or celebrate it in my style with cakes and all.

Odo at the moment:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220629_193418.jpg

My likes and dislikes from last year, updates mentioned in bold:

Quote:
1. Engine and Gearbox: The best 1.5 NA if you ask me, the pep, efficiency, ease of driving and refinement is simply unmatched. Gearbox is as slick as any Japanese unit. There were some vibes and notchiness when the car was new, now everything has fallen into place. After driving the new K15C, I've fallen in love with the K15B even more, despite it not being so efficient.

2. Space: Need I say anything more? Being monocoque, even the rear seats are usable. Only issue for the last row is it’s ingress/egress.

3. Practicality: It’s a well thought out car with provisions for almost everything. Well it's an MPV trait.

4. Driving dynamics despite being an MPV is among the very best. The updated suspension setup is Epic! Love the ride now, a huge improvement compared to old setup, without sacrificing stability.

5. Features I love:
-LED lights all around, had some issues with focus earlier, but solved it to satisfaction. It continues to struggle in fog though. For that I intend to use a pair of good old halogen fogs with some quality yellow bulbs, which will be plug and play whenever needed. Happy with the Valeo+Philips setup I have now
-The comfortable captain seats and well sorted ride: My parents absolutely love it. Mom has now done non stop 14 hour drives without any discomfort!
-AC performance: The rear AC is there for a purpose and when used, the AC is sufficient for all. I was scared about summers but it lived up to its reputation. Need to get the UV cut glasses from XL6 2022 soon to improve it even further.
-Smartplay HU: Has enough features to keep me happy. Rear Camera is a real boon!
-Auto Folding ORVMs. I realized it’s usefulness when we got the S Cross which lacks this feature.
-The Ugly claddings: Never thought I’d say this, but they are extremely sturdy and pragmatic for our conditions. Has saved the body umpteen times from nasty hits.
-Bottle holders at front with cooling function: They are immensely useful over long drives.
-Cruise Control: Enough said! Drinks fuel like crazy though at higher speeds.
-The Under boot storage: Very practical to keep regular supplies. I use it to keep Umbrellas, Emergency kit which consists of Tow Strap, Jumper cable and Tubeless tire repair kit, Battery Jump starter and body cover neatly.

6. Smart Hybrid System: Gives enough boost at part throttle, and till now it’s start stop system has never proven to be a nuisance in daily use. The recall, which resulted in new MGU and software update has immensely helped with mileage and boost time.

It’s hard to list out all the small positives, so I’ve mentioned the top ones, and will now go for the top things I hate about this car:

Dislikes:

1. Absolutely third grade dashboard integration: Rattled at the slightest provocation. Had to do a major surgery and fix all of them. Else I was so badly frustrated with it that I was planning to cut my losses, sell it and get a base model Crysta! Touchwood, the butyl fix is working great.

2. Lack of features: Agreed it’s 90% of the Crysta at 50% of money and there is no direct competition, but it wouldn’t have hurt Maruti to give it some must have features. I badly missed features like Auto Dimming IRVM, Footwell lamps, UV cut glasses etc which it’s cheaper sibling the Baleno gets. I expect Maruti to give it at least UV cut glasses on this MPV with the facelift since it has huge glass area. Have added all these features, and UV cut is coming soon.

3. Looks: The stock look with tiny wheels look absolutely horrible. While looks wise I’d have loved to get 16 inchers of the XL7, the practical guy in me suggests that currently I’m on the best possible tyre combo-195/65R15. Also Before I forget, those black painted wheels are downright crappy. It’s a scratch magnet and the design is too hard to clean properly! Fixed!

4. Engine should get an Engine cover. I like to keep my engines clean and this K15 is notorious for water getting inside spark plug hole if pressure is used.

5. Thin window panels: They let in a lot of outside noise inside. Also stock sound insulation is nothing to brag about. About to get fixed with upcoming UV cut glasses.

6. Not many options in MGA except the chrome crap.

7. Lack of rear fog lamps

8. Stock key fob design, looks too mundane and is a scratch magnet too. Would have preferred old oval fob.

Quote:
Changes done/Features added over the stock XL6:

1. Complete sound proofing done, Not the regular damping. Unfortunately lost most pics due to a corrupted SD card. Still have recovered some and a detailed post is coming soon. Has made a huge difference to the inside cabin comfort.

2. Upgraded to Michelin XM2 195/65R15 on D-day itself. One of the best things to happen to this car. Hope Michelin sorts out it's supply issues by the time the current set wears out.

3. 5th Wheel is now an alloy

4. Engine isn’t exposed now from underneath, gets a nice flush fitting engine guard.

5. Ceramic Coated, DIY. Durability is good even after a year.

6. Upgraded to MGA PM 2.5 Cabin Filter

7. Installed Solar powered TPMS by Manatec

8. Dead pedal Footrest rubber installed

9. Runs on OEM Iridium Plugs now

10. Installed Foot well lamps

11. Installed Auto-Dimming IRVM

12. Hella Trumpet Horns

13. Comprehensive sound insulation

14. Fog light changed to Valeo+Philips combo

15. Rear reflector LED

16. 16" wheels and suspension of new XL6
Warranty claims:

-Boot struts, RH and LH

-Driver side seat for excessive play

-RH chrome bar of grill for peeling chrome finish.

Any current complains: None

Signing off with a recent click on the Yamuna Eway:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220610_074522.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 01:01   #1112
BHPian

Re: My XL6 Gets Auto Dimming IRVM!

Quote:
Detailed post on Auto Dimming IRVM:
Is there any way to remove the earlier mount from glass without damaging it?
Old 14th July 2022, 09:04   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Update: The XL turns 2!

Congrats on your 2nd anniversary !!
Awesome journey till now.

One thing I plan to get an Engine guard fixed.
I did go through your previous thread and I understand that an exact fit is not available you will have to drill some holes on the sheet metal to fix it on the XL6. However did not locate the exact part # of the engine guard that you fixed.

When free could you please specify this ?

Thanks
Fillmore
Old 14th July 2022, 10:33   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
However did not locate the exact part # of the engine guard that you fixed.

When free could you please specify this ?
Refer Post No.85 in the same thread. Exact part number is in the pictures.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4875372 (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)
Nimalan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 12:27   #1115
BHPian

Hi Sir, I see you got Boot struts changed. Is it because of noise from suspension? my XL6 also getting noise from back. thanks
Quote:
[b]Warranty claims:

-Boot struts, RH and LH

-Driver side seat for excessive play
Old 15th July 2022, 11:53   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Is there any way to remove the earlier mount from glass without damaging it?
Earlier mount was on roof, if that's what you are asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Hi Sir, I see you got Boot struts changed. Is it because of noise from suspension? my XL6 also getting noise from back. thanks
The dicky struts were replaced as it failed to raise the boot door properly.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 17:06   #1117
BHPian

Congratulations for the 2nd anniversary.
Your knowledge and amazing eye for detail is just great. It’s always fun reading your post with everything mentioned in so much detail.

One thing I would like to ask you is if the AC compressor cuts of frequently during accelerating in the XL6?
Old 15th July 2022, 21:42   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Belated Happy Birthday XL
GG's missing this time around

I saw a new XL6 recently and thought of recommending the alloys as a birthday present and then I saw the pic, perfect and wishing the XL even happier times ahead.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 20:59   #1119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Congratulations for the 2nd anniversary.
Your knowledge and amazing eye for detail is just great. It’s always fun reading your post with everything mentioned in so much detail.

One thing I would like to ask you is if the AC compressor cuts of frequently during accelerating in the XL6?
Thanks for your wishes. Regarding frequent AC Compressor cut off during acceleration, no haven't observed this yet in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Belated Happy Birthday XL
GG's missing this time around

I saw a new XL6 recently and thought of recommending the alloys as a birthday present and then I saw the pic, perfect and wishing the XL even happier times ahead.
Thanks

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 14:29   #1120

Hello Sashi,

Congrats for the XL6 Anniversary. Your knowledge on the XL6 is second to none.

A quick question. My XL6 is due for 3rd service. Got an insight from your posts that you stick with the recommended grade of engine oil i.e. 0W16. However, my MASS is using 0W20. I have told the SA to arrange for 0W16 but he is just lingering on.

Will it hamper the warranty if i insist them to change the oil procured by me. This is what they say that this may create a warranty issue in future.

Thanks in advance
Dheeraj
Old 19th July 2022, 19:46   #1121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2ca View Post
A quick question. My XL6 is due for 3rd service. Got an insight from your posts that you stick with the recommended grade of engine oil i.e. 0W16. However, my MASS is using 0W20. I have told the SA to arrange for 0W16 but he is just lingering on.

Will it hamper the warranty if i insist them to change the oil procured by me. This is what they say that this may create a warranty issue in future.

Thanks in advance
Dheeraj
Ask them to source 0W16 or allow you to carry your own oil and get it mentioned on bill that you brought your own oil since workshop was unable to source it in time. They'll most likely arrange it rather than agreeing to mention such a thing on bill.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 19:55   #1122

Thanks for the reply Shashi. The workshop referred me to another nearby NEXA workshop where the oil is available. However, I was surprised to see that they are not able to source 0W16 even after 10 days of my requisition.

I did not paid heed to such details like which oil to use in the past, but after going through this thread, I must say that I have become one 'Jaagruk' car owner. Thanks to all of you.
mail2ca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 19:55   #1123
BHPian

I came across a video explaining oil rating. Posting it here for reference.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th July 2022 at 21:06. Reason: Replaced with YT link.
rich_heart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 22:53   #1124

The rear right quarter panel cladding of my xl6 (2022) got a dent in a minor accident (not even two months old!) and I am thinking of changing it. However when I put in the part number mentioned by Leoshashi (77260M72S00) in the maruti suzuki website nothing is showing up. Has anybody got any suggestion?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st July 2022 at 05:59. Reason: Leosashi > Leoshashi
AMBAN is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st July 2022, 05:56   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBAN View Post
The rear right quarter panel cladding of my xl6 (2022) got a dent in a minor accident (not even two months old!) and I am thinking of changing it. However when I put in the part number mentioned by Leoshashi (77260M72S00) in the maruti suzuki website nothing is showing up. Has anybody got any suggestion?
The part number you quote is of LH rear side. You'll need 77250M72S00-5PK if it's Right Rear you are looking for. Try searching on Boodmo, Maruti's site isn't yet complete wrt many parts.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st July 2022 at 06:00. Reason: Quoted post edited. :P
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks