Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 01:48   #1171
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Please suggest mat for the driver side which is of good quality, is easy to maintain and has lower wear due to heel position.

Last edited by rich_heart : 18th September 2022 at 02:09. Reason: Corrected statement after further self analysis
Old 19th September 2022, 10:29   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Please suggest mat for the driver side which is of good quality, is easy to maintain and has lower wear due to heel position.
3D Floor Mat from Maruti is good.
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...l6/75901m51ub0

It is PVC material (very durable) with raised edges making it easy to take out and clean thoroughly - even spilled fluids.

As against fabric mats, I think it will not lead to a 'heel hole' with use. I am not sure about this as I have had this mat for just 2 months. Others may like to confirm.

The photo below shows 2 holes in the rear part of the mat which is supposed to be latched onto floor studs (to be installed by the Service guy) to keep it fixed in position. This requires some cutting etc.

However, I found that the front tongue of the mat had couple of velcro patches (circled in the 2nd photo) underneath which fixed the mat pretty well by sticking to underlying floor covering. (you have to remove the overlying polythene protector).

So, I did not get the studs installed. I found that the mat does not move while driving an AT.

Manual may pose a problem because there are 2 feet dancing on the mat.

In one of the photos, I saw that Leoshashi had these installed in his car.

You should also take the matching dicky 3D mat sold separately. I did not find it in MSGA site. Photo of the one in my car is attached.

You can ask the dealer. It covers the 2 underlying floor boards hiding things underneath and making a good durable surface for luggage loading.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220919_100336.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220919_100424.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220919_100647.jpg
drsarao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 19:02   #1173

If you are used to fabric mat then PVC material may not feel good because of its hardness but PVC has its own advantages compared to fabric such as ease of cleaning and durability. Decide based on your preference.
Old 20th September 2022, 12:08   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarao View Post

Switching from Manual to Automatic 101

I switched from Manual Innova to XL6 Automatic about 2 months ago.

It took a while to remember to fix my left foot firmly on the given platform and keep my left hand away from the 'gear shift' after moving it to "D"!

After that it was pretty smooth sailing with an added bonus of auto stop at signals and traffic jams.

However, I still faced a couple of annoyances:
  1. When changing from Park, I had to look at the lever carefully to be sure that it stopped at "D" and not overshoot to "M".
  2. Similarly, when changing from "D" to "R", I had to be careful to not overshoot to Park.
These were so annoying and probably faced by all Newbies that I figured, there must be a solution. Sure enough, the manual provided it.

My mistake was moving the gearshift ALWAYS with the lock knob (near the top) pushed in. That's a strict a no-no.

The lock knob should be pushed-in only in following conditions:
  1. Moving-out of Park or moving-in to Park.
  2. Moving-in to Manual.
  3. Moving-in to Reverse.
This achieves the following (when not pressing the lock knob):
  1. Blindly move all the way from Park to "D". (No peeking required)
  2. Blindly move from "D" to "N".
  3. Press lock button and move from anywhere to Park.
I am sure for the veterans here, it must be second nature.

But for some of the Newbies like me who do not read the manual (or even after reading the manual) take some time to understand the 'right' way.
Hi drsarao, there's a complete thread on this topic which you may find interesting.
Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...its-usage.html (Honda's CVT Transmission: "Shift Release" button and its usage)
B-Taurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 14:07   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Taurus View Post
Hi drsarao, there's a complete thread on this topic which you may find interesting.
Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...its-usage.html (Honda's CVT Transmission: "Shift Release" button and its usage)
B Taurus,
Thanks for the link.

It reconfirmed my hypothesis that most drivers coming into AT domain tend to ALWAYS press the lock knob for all gear shifts.

They need to be educated about this BEFORE it becomes a habit.

Besides the safety aspect as mentioned in that thread, it is also more logical and comfortable to use the lock knob only when needed.

Specially my grouse about not being able to shift from Park to Drive without confirming visually.
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:05   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Quote:
3D Floor Mat from Maruti is good.
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...l6/75901m51ub0
It is PVC material (very durable).
I am not personally convinced with Maruti 3D floor mats. Reason is even after covering floor area, still some edges and some area remain uncovered from where dust etc goes to car floor, which require dense vaccuming and if water is fallen then it will touch car floor. Unfortunately I also got same installed as its mandatory accessory when you take car delivery. Later I though I could have transferred old car mats to new one for a day and looked better floor mats outside.

I suggest to look for 7D floor mats or called dual layered mats available in local market for around 4500 for XL6. Example is this one from Kia Carens https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...es.html#page=1 . They cover every corner of floor, just like you are doing floor sealing, and then no dust or water would transfer to car original floor area. Carens original is for 9600 and in local market, its available for 4500. I have seen 2 people on an accessory shop who came directly after car delivery and got such 7D/dual layered mats for XL6 and Carens.
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-screenshot_20220923094331645_com.android.chrome.jpg.png
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:43   #1177
BHPian

Maruti 3D dicky mat is of good material, it costs around ~1000. But I have not purchased till ow, reason is I may prefer a dicky mat which can be folded whenever I remove boot floor lid to increase dicky size for large luggage, then this 3D boot mat may be difficult to keep as you cannot fold it. I am not sure if 3D boot mat can be made standing that time, but need to try it out practically before buying. Somebody who already has can try and let us know, preferably with some pics please
India2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:58   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
I suggest to look for 7D floor mats or called dual layered mats available in local market for around 4500 for XL6. Example is this one from Kia Carens https://www.kia.com/in/service/kia-o...es.html#page=1 . They cover every corner of floor, just like you are doing floor sealing
Looks good. Even premium.

Our dealer advised against 7D. Apparently it reduces space for pedal travel. (they didn't have it in stock, so that might be the real reason!)

For now, I am stuck with it. Maybe upgrade, after 2-3 years.

I will check out whether Dicky mat can be kept standing with lids removed.

(Actually, if you are looking for extra space, wouldn't it be better to just leave the dicky mat at home for the trip duration?)
drsarao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:51   #1179
BHPian

Forget to mention - our showroom guy also told same thing that local 7D mats are not security compliant by Maruti, it may affect smooth operation of brake/accelerator/clutch and that why Maruti do not offer 7D mats. But have seen many people using 7D mats, even reputed brand like Elegant sells it, and even Kia sell 7D for Carens.

For Dicky mat, yes leaving at home is option but thats a headache to bring it upstairs and then again take it back, so not in hurry to buy
India2022 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:12   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
I am not personally convinced with Maruti 3D floor mats. Reason is even after covering floor area, still some edges and some area remain uncovered from where dust etc goes to car floor, which require dense vaccuming and if water is fallen then it will touch car floor. Unfortunately I also got same installed as its mandatory accessory when you take car delivery.
True about the MGA mats leaving portions uncovered and the floor carpeting getting exposed to dirt and dust. That being said, there is nothing mandatory about accessories, it's just a showroom scam and if not interested you can say you don't need them unless it's a freebie and refuse.

I got my car delivered without mats cause the dealer only had those MGA fabric ones which is of no use to me. I had got an offer for ₹8500 of accessories of my choice while getting delivery and I opted for the rear spoiler, MGA PVC dicky mat and a reverse camera as my car was a Zeta MT, then just paid the difference in excess of the offer.

After getting the car delivered I drove straightway to an aftermarket accessories shop and they told me they don't have stock of the mats (5D this I believe) I needed but could arrange by next day morning from Kochi. I got them the next day and they are just perfect and good enough to hold a litre of liquid(first and second row mats) in case of an accidental spill. The only jugaad I needed was a vinyl runner floor mat cut to size for the aisle connecting the second and third row. These floor mats cost me ₹5400 including the dicky mat and the vinyl runner cost me ₹120. I never used the dicky mat in this set though cause I had already bought the PVC MGA one. Attaching photos of the mats here.
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20220923_183545min.jpg  

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20220923_183400min.jpg  

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20220923_183316min.jpg  

Last edited by jalex77 : 23rd September 2022 at 19:14.
jalex77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:24   #1181
BHPian

Hello Shashi

Do you think there are any solutions in LED or reflector for the part in red?

If there was like a strip which could be linked to the indicators or something like a running lamp in white i think it would look nice.
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-2de2641ac8c5425db2a8e10d9deae187.jpeg  

Last edited by TorqMaster : 23rd September 2022 at 20:26.
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:38   #1182
BHPian

I would say this thread is a wiki for XL6 now.
Immense contribution from you Leo and cherry on top from others.
Here's a little contribution from me though I am sure most of us have already explored this.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20220923_193945.jpg

In my last 2 trips with 2 families (4 adult and 3 kids), i found this and i was surprised the amount of extra bags it can hold (if place smartly). All the extra shopping done on trip was easily accommodated under the last row.

If you have not explored it yet, give it a try.
nomadabhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 19:59   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti 3D dicky mat is of good material, it costs around ~1000. But I have not purchased till ow, reason is I may prefer a dicky mat which can be folded whenever I remove boot floor lid to increase dicky size for large luggage, then this 3D boot mat may be difficult to keep as you cannot fold it. I am not sure if 3D boot mat can be made standing that time, but need to try it out practically before buying. Somebody who already has can try and let us know, preferably with some pics please
India2022,

I tried to 'fold' the dicky 3D mat. Not possible.

It does not stay upright either.

So either leave 3D mat at home. Or go for thin 'flat' mat which can be folded.
drsarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 13:15   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
I tried to 'fold' the dicky 3D mat. Not possible. It does not stay upright either
Thanks for confirmation. Not an urgency thing for me, will buy whenever see any good quality fabric/foldable boot mat
Old 25th September 2022, 19:28   #1185
BHPian

Hello everyone, I’m not sure if some of you have faced this issue or what I’m going to say is something very obvious to most of you.

Whenever I go on long drives I connect my iPhone through Apple CarPlay so that the map is visible on the HU.

However there are times when my son wants to play music through his mobile, but once CarPlay is connected you can’t connect another mobile thru Bluetooth. So I was looking for a solution for this.

Yesterday I figured out that Aux can be used for this. You can connect the other mobile thru aux cable (if it supports 3.5mm Jack) and change the source to Aux while CarPlay (or Android Auto) is showing maps.

Of course it may be a bit inconvenient if the person with mobile is sitting in the rear seat, unless you’ve a very long Aux cable.

Any other solution guys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks