Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 12:24   #1231
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

As always, brilliant mods @LeoShashi, you are simply great, thanks for educating us

I also got Spoiler installed at the time of XL6 Alpha 2022 delivery (pic attached). Was not aware of mistakes by dealers otherwise would have installed in front of me by following the manual
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20221120_1025073.jpg  

India2022 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 16:12   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Hence, request you all to go through the list mentioned above carefully before attempting this mod.
Had tried once on the Ertiga 1.5D with the 37310M74L40, didn't work and blew the wiper fuse. And if I remember the mount had a slight difference too. Will give this one a try even though Ertiga is not in the compatibility list.
raj4466 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 17:08   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj4466 View Post
Had tried once on the Ertiga 1.5D with the 37310M74L40, didn't work and blew the wiper fuse. And if I remember the mount had a slight difference too. Will give this one a try even though Ertiga is not in the compatibility list.
Had 37310M74L40 been compatible with this generation of cars, I wouldn't have waited for so long.

Also, for Ertiga 1.5D, while the coupler will go in and it will work, the stalk mount will be different hence the installation may not be possible/may be tricky with some plastic shaving. In short, you will face the same failure what XL6 Zeta owner faced.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 17:17   #1234
BHPian

Quote:

Also, for Ertiga 1.5D, while the coupler will go in and it will work, the stalk mount will be different hence the installation may not be possible/may be tricky with some plastic shaving. In short, you will face the same failure what XL6 Zeta owner faced.
So the only issue faced on the Zeta was the mounting? The int functionality worked?

Thanks in advance
Raj
raj4466 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 17:28   #1235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj4466 View Post
So the only issue faced on the Zeta was the mounting? The int functionality worked?

Thanks in advance
Raj
Yes, the variable INT function worked as in my car.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Zeta MT and Ertiga 1.5D ZDI+ shares same stalk.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 18:55   #1236
BHPian

your updates are ever-inspiring!
I am tempted to do the wiper stalk on my CIAZ delta 2021. It obviously doesn't have a rear wiper but the stalk looks similar. Would you be able to confirm if its ok, and I go ahead with the DIY?
thanks
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 09:30   #1237
BHPian

Quote:

DIY Upgrade- Adding Variable Speed Intermittent Wiper function on my XL6: Ever since the Grand Vitara/2022 Brezza came out, I noticed the stalk which matched the shape/profile of the stalks I have on my XL6. Curiously, checked their PIN diagrams and it was identical. Placed an order with MASS locally around July but the part hasn't arrived till now. Thankfully, the stalk came in stock on Boodmo and I ordered it immediately.

PN: 37310M68P21
Link: Link to stalk

Installation was a simple affair...

Installation success in Baleno 2020 Zeta MT:

Supported and Verified Models: All the models and variants listed here. Be sure to go through the list carefully, as this mod FAILED in a friend's XL6 Zeta MT. Notice the different shape of stalk end:

Hence, request you all to go through the list mentioned above carefully before attempting this mod.

Regards,
Shashi

Wow another brilliant functional upgrade there.

This would be of great help and wish I too could do this on my Zeta MT but didn't see the XL6 Zeta there in the list you shared.

Also still eagerly waiting for more details like fitment process, part numbers, availability and prices of the UV cut glasses that you've fitted on your car. Been keeping an eye on Boodmo for the same but to no avail.

Then, your car now looks absolutely perfect with that spoiler.

Last edited by jalex77 : 8th December 2022 at 09:41.
jalex77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 12:31   #1238
BHPian

Thanks to Shashi. Changed the wiper stalk in my Baleno delta CVT. Works well. Quick 15 min job!

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-pxl_20221209_063646233.jpg
lxskllr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 16:07   #1239
BHPian

This is one of the only merits of having stalks, switches and other interior bits coming from a parts bin like Maruti's. It makes adding new features to old cars relatively easy!
jono213 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 17:54   #1240
BHPian

Hi Shashi, need an advise please. Since winters approaching in Delhi, can you suggest if fog lamps in new/2022 XL6 alpha would be sufficient or would require mods as you had done in your car? You are an expert and understand technical details, hence this question. Does the new XL has improved fog lamps or same as earlier.
Old 11th December 2022, 18:48   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
fog lamps in new/2022 XL6 alpha would be sufficient or would require mods as you had done in your car? You are an expert and understand technical details, hence this question. Does the new XL has improved fog lamps or same as earlier.
The new XL6 has same fog lamps as the older model, and is useless at best, fog or otherwise. Strongly recommend to upgrade to something better(my mod or something else which you feel is better).

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 20:13   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
The new XL6 has same fog lamps as the older model. Strongly recommend to upgrade to something better(my mod or something else which you feel is better)
Quote:
Increasing the Visibility: Part 3-Fog Lamps
Hi Shashi, thanks a lot for quick reply. Have gone through your Fog Lamp mod and ordered the same Valeo Fog lamps from Boodmo .

But I am not able to understand why you ordered bulbs seperately? And you also tried many bulbs. Does Valeo fog lamp not having bulbs? Sorry for these questions but I am really new to these technicalities. Also if anything else to be ordered, I will do it

Last edited by India2022 : 12th December 2022 at 20:39.
Old 12th December 2022, 20:55   #1243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by India2022 View Post
But I am not able to understand why you ordered bulbs seperately? And you also tried many bulbs. Does Valeo fog lamp not having bulbs? Sorry for these questions but I am really new to these technicalities. Also if anything else to be ordered, I will do it
Valeo comes with halogens, yellow bulbs. To have a uniform white LED illumination I opted for LED bulbs. Try OSRAM H11s, they are most VFM, although you will have to take care of mounting the driver properly. Please go through the post in detail, have given all information there.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 22:33   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Valeo comes with halogens, yellow bulbs. To have a uniform white LED illumination I opted for LED bulbs. Try OSRAM H11s, they are most VFM, although you will have to take care of mounting the driver properly. Please go through the post in detail, have given all information there
Oh ok, now I understood. Thanks a lot Shashi. Every time I read your thread, I learn somthing new
Went thru fog lamp mod thread again, can you pls provide link for Osram H11s? Googled and found these links:-
https://www.osram.in/ecat/LEDriving%...0/ZMP_4059098/

https://www.amazon.in/OSRAM-46211CW-...dp/B08L91YL5F/

Can you please confirm if you referring the same?

Also you mentioned about dangling controller. Is this something any mechanic can take care of or you think an expert mechanic would be required? Assume I have zero idea on doing these mods by own.
Also you mentioned loud fan sound!!
Old 14th December 2022, 14:00   #1245
BHPian

Hi Sashi,

Been a silent reader for long, your pampering / mods (using only MGP/MGA) & DIYs are motivating.

I am in the lookout for a 7 seater petrol automatic. Test drove XUV7oo AX7 petrol manual, Ertiga & XL6 both in AT & Carens 1.4 Turbo Manual.

XUV7oo craze was let down by the bouncy ride complaints from the last row occupants. Surprisingly Ertiga was offering much planted drive.
Even the slightest throttle input was felt in the XUV, blame it on power available on slightest tap, Ertiga's drive on the same stretch was comfy due to linear power distribution across the band. Honestly 7oo was too big for city traffic.

XL6 flet much premium than Ertiga's bare metal (bigger wheels, better suspension, IR & UV cut glass, 360° camera et all). Was not be check the ride quality due to short and good roads. Engine noise post 2k is a concern, it was simply refusing to move faster.

My current ride is First gen Swift G13b is a gem of an engine. Its Trackability - pulling from 1000 rmp in tall gears is so addictive. Can this be expected in XL6's K15c?

How is the ride comfort in 3rd row in highways. I generally maintain 80kmph during highway runs. Is the undulation felt in those speeds? I am aware this is an MPV and should not be driven like a hatch.

I can live with linear power delivery, considering my usage (70% city remaining highway), it offers reliability, lower maintenance cost, trusted service centre. I am in favor of XL6 but only let down are the captain seats, I definitely need bench seats in the middle row. Is it feasible to mount Ertiga's middle row seats in XL 6? Can I register it as 7 seater?

Camera quality is not so great, During test drive noticed that only left side camera feed was displayed while using indicators, right side was not available. Sales person mentioned it's programmed like that.
Does Baleno / GV offer better camera? If so can we just replace it with existing harness?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks