Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2023, 21:40   #1306
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Hello Shashi , others,
I am facing blinking auto-engine-off indicator for last 2 weeks for my Ertiga ZXi AT petrol 2019.

Issue started with cigarette lighter charger not working. The Maruti technician found that the fuse was blown and replaced it.
Then I requested him to swap stock horn with Roots Windtone which I purchased online. He had to add extra length wire and fix one of the horn in a different spot.

Post that, one evening I had connected my mobile to Sony system and had switched on tethering while I worked for around an hour while the engine was off. The same night the car wouldn't start from switched off condition, as the battery was completely drained. Fortunately, it started on its own after 10mins. I immediately got the battery charged over night at a local battery store.

That's when I noticed that this indicator was blinking. The auto engine off function stopped working. And I also noticed that while earlier, engine started immediately upon pressing ignition button, now it taken couple of seconds to start after a single press.
Car has run around 22k kms and was bought in March 2019.

Could this problem be weak battery? Or some fuse has blown? Or some electric leakage?

I will take the car to the service centre again tomorrow. But I want to know your expert opinion.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Old 11th February 2023, 16:12   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Magnatec has also come in 0W16 grade, will surely give it a try once warranty gets over/MASS agrees to source it for me. Link

BTW, did you notice any sluggishness or drop in efficiency after switch to 5W30? A friend tried 5W30 Shell Helix on his K15B S-Cross, and there was noticeable sluggishness and drop in efficiency. Although the engine sounded way refined with the thicker grade. What's your take on this?

Regards,
Shashi
Honestly, I felt it drives more properly after using magnatec. Two possible reasons are it is a new car with just one oil change under the belt. The first 12 months were factory spec and had the obvious pre run-in woes associated with it. The other is my personal bias towards magnatec. This oil had found place in all of my cars till date, and I have great appreciation for its performance.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 18:48   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Hello Shashi , others,
I am facing blinking auto-engine-off indicator for last 2 weeks for my Ertiga ZXi AT petrol 2019.
Can be anything, which can be ascertained only post DTC scanning. However given your history, most likely it is discharged main battery.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 08:03   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
To complete this mod on your 2019 Brezza you'd need to buy new airbag , clockspring with 12 pins + this flat bottom leather steering wheel. which is not worth IMHO. If your car had a similar steering wheel like the new Swift and you just wanted leather edition , this would be a cost effective approach since its not needed to buy new airbag and also the buttons can be swapped if you don't want to change the clockspring.

Regards
Ashton
Ashton, would this be a plug and play upgrade suitable for the the Ciaz? The Ciaz's steering has a different design but nearly the same buttons.
Old 12th February 2023, 10:09   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Can be anything, which can be ascertained only post DTC scanning. However given your history, most likely it is discharged main battery.
I got this checked with ASS, they said three of the four cells have deteriorated and they advised to replace it with a new battery.

I searched this thread and I saw Shashi suggesting Exide Mileage ISS N55. I couldn't see any concrete recommendation for Amaron equivalent one. Hence I bought Exide Mileage for 5800/- after exchange for old Conservo battery.

I enquired with Amaron and they said there is an equivalent model, Amaron 50B24L and quoted price of 6800/-.
I wasn't sure on the compatibility as Shashi had mentioned that we might have to go for higher rating to be compatible.

The Auto stop indicator has now stopped blinking but not yet been into auto switch off mode.

The starting has also back to normal with engine starting instantly without multiple cranks

I have an upcoming long drive and hence asked them to do a quick service which costed 2600/-. Frankly don't know if they really do those 42 checks or just wipe the car.

I am not aware of DTC scanning. Will ask them during next service.

Thanks Shashi!
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 10:54   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
I got this checked with ASS, they said three of the four cells have deteriorated and they advised to replace it with a new battery.
Such heavy draining often deteriorates the battery, avoid doing it from next time Happened with my brother's XL6 too, the driver kept blower and FM working on battery power, and despite many charging attempts, his battery was gone for good. Thankfully the battery was in warranty and he got a new unit FoC.

Quote:
I enquired with Amaron and they said there is an equivalent model, Amaron 50B24L and quoted price of 6800/-.
Till date, Amaron doesn't have a battery certified for ISS.

Quote:
The Auto stop indicator has now stopped blinking but not yet been into auto switch off mode.
Should become normal with few kilometers of driving.

Quote:
I am not aware of DTC scanning. Will ask them during next service.
Tell them to hook up a scanning tool/SDT and clear all past error codes.

PS: Do share pics of your new battery with info visible on sides please.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 13:25   #1312
Distinguished - BHPian

Minor Update: The XL6 crossed 37k on the ODO

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230212_221229.jpg

A Recent click:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230211_122452.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 13:28   #1313
BHPian

Hi Shashi,

I went ahead and had MASS fit the engine guard on my month old ertiga zxi+. Cost INR 1700/- labour free. Thank you very much for paving the way for us owners to try various cost effective functional mods.

Have 2 questions for you:-
1. What type of additional rubber beading can be used on the doors to reduce accumulation of dust on the door sill as well as on the B pillar. Went into the interiors of Pune district yesterday where roads are covered with mud. Noticed accumulation of this dust after reaching destination.

2. Top end xl6 comes with UV cut glass all around. Will the UV cut glass from xl6 doors fit ertiga's?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 13th February 2023, 13:30   #1314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
2. Top end xl6 comes with UV cut glass all around. Will the UV cut glass from xl6 doors fit ertiga's?
No idea about the rubber beading, the gap between panels is what lets dust in and is pretty normal.

Regarding UV and IR cut glasses, yes they are all direct fit on Ertiga too. But beware of the process since a lot of things can go wrong. This is exactly why I'm not posting about it, I have got all glasses changed in mine, but since it's a job which is dependent on skill of installer, things may go wrong for a lot of people.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th February 2023 at 13:31.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:31   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
The crap which came out only from condenser
Seems like NCR pollution affect from your recent trip
India2022 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 16:31   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Increasing the Visibility: Part 3-Fog Lamps ...
Good day dear shashi,

I followed the suggestion given by you in this and ordered valeo fogs. Apologies if i sound amateur, but i had another pair of H11s bulbs and i couldn't fit these H11s on to these H16s valeos. And the H11s have different set of cable connector as well. Could you please clarify if i misunderstood any part ?

Could you please attach the link of bulbs that can be used in the valeo fogs.

Apolgies if i sound way too amateur.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th February 2023 at 22:16. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Sunny_7937 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 09:19   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_7937 View Post
Good day dear shashi,

I followed the suggestion given by you in this and ordered valeo fogs. Apologies if i sound amateur, but i had another pair of H11s bulbs and i couldn't fit these H11s on to these H16s valeo...
Thanks in advance.
Btw just FYI if it helps , this is what I got and did not have any trouble with the fitting. The brightness is great, absolutely no comparison with the original Fogs that came.

OSRAM H8/H11/ H16 46211CW Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2, 25W 12V)
Fillmore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 11:43   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Btw just FYI if it helps , this is what I got and did not have any trouble with the fitting. The brightness is great, absolutely no comparison with the original Fogs that came.

OSRAM H8/H11/ H16 46211CW Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2, 25W 12V)

Good day,

Thanks a lot for the link. I placed my order right away. Just want to clarify if the plug connection of this matches with the plug connection of the car.

Regards

Sunny

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th February 2023 at 22:18. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Sunny_7937 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 14:54   #1319
BHPian

Hi Shashi,

XL6 / Ertiga power window for driver has Auto up & down feature. Have you explored ways to enable the auto up / down feature for the other 3 windows?

Regards
Nikhil
Old 21st February 2023, 22:51   #1320
BHPian

Any option to illuminate window buttons? Any sticker option available?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks