Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 23:09   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
The IRVM on my 4 year old Dzire has started oxidising from the edges... It's really a worse quality car than the previous gen Swift VDI it replaced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guess what, just today I noticed my 2 year old XL6's IRVM having the same issue.
Got the IRVM replaced under Goodwill warranty, full credits to the MASS for pushing Maruti for the replacement. Around edges, the reflective coating had failed. The camera couldn't capture the actual condition which was much worse.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230224_154047.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230224_154058.jpg

Also installed these front flaps from the new XL6 for aerodynamic purposes. Had to make some clean holes for the mounting on fender lining. The other option was to switch to new XL6's fender lining altogether, but since these flaps were available, decided to go with it. This one extends around an inch more than the pre-existing integrated lip.

PNs: 72325M51U00 and 72326M51U00

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230223_195844.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 08:31   #1322
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Also installed these front flaps from the new XL6 for aerodynamic purposes.
If possible, in that picture, kindly mark the exact shape of the flap, since it's not clear which is plastic and which is metal.
Old 25th February 2023, 11:38   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
If possible, in that picture, kindly mark the exact shape of the flap, since it's not clear which is plastic and which is metal.
Hope this helps:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230223_195629.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th February 2023 at 13:18. Reason: Resized and uploaded.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:39   #1324
BHPian

Mod Note : Absolutely no discussion about any car / brand / manufacturer specific social media group. Please capitalise car's make / model and wherever required. If referring to self, please capitalise I.
Thanks.
Quote:

Recommendations to Maruti for facelifted XL6:

1. 15/16 inch alloys with some good design. With our road conditions, I wouldn’t be adamant about 16 inches, but we deserve a good-looking 15-inch design at least.
Dear Shashi,

One of my acquaintance Mr. Kumar requested your feedback. Kindly find his message below, requesting your suggestion on this XL6 wheel upgradation

Quote :

" I have an Ertiga 2022 AT facelifted version. I am planning to upgrade to facelifted XL6 suspension to my Ertiga. However, the showroom isn't aware of whether this fits exactly or not. I am also planning to upgrade to 16-inch wheels for it. The overall exercise reason is because of my cervical issue in my neck. while I drive, my neck is tossed due to wobbly suspension in ertiga and I do get neck pain in long drives and then the pain continues for 2 days. So I want to know if the facelifted XL6 suspension fits exactly to facelifted Ertiga. And I want to check if my neck pain to reduce or gone away completely. I don't have this problem in Innova but don't have the budget for Innova Crysta"

Unquote

Regards
Ravi

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd March 2023 at 11:46. Reason: Mod note attached.
RavyaLe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 00:44   #1325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavyaLe View Post
Dear Shashi,

One of my acquaintance Mr. Kumar requested your feedback. Kindly find his message below, requesting your suggestion on this XL6 wheel upgradation...
I'd first request him to take a TD of new XL6, ensuring correct tyre pressures. If it's ride is acceptable to him, he should surely go ahead with the upgrade.

I can assure the ride is far better, but whether it's acceptable to him, that is something only he can confirm. It's a medical case so I'm being even more cautious here.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd March 2023 at 02:20. Reason: Trimmed quote
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 01:13   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
The overall exercise reason is because of my cervical issue in my neck. while I drive, my neck is tossed due to wobbly suspension in ertiga and I do get neck pain in long drives and then the pain continues for 2 days.
Most probably this isn't caused by the reason mentioned here as I too faced same issue with my 2022 XL6. Cause was the headrest which is inclined towards front, combined with your seat posture (height & backrest incline). My simple solution was to remove the headrest and keep it facing backwards so that it won't push my head forward. This alone solved my issue. Along with this, try different seat heights & backrest incline.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd March 2023 at 02:18. Reason: Quote tags
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:07   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm008 View Post
Most probably this isn't caused by the reason mentioned here as I too faced same issue with my 2022 XL6.
True, the current seat and headrest design is causing discomfort in both ERTIGA and XL6. After adding neck support to the driving seat, I am not feeling comfortable and facing neck pain during long hours of drive
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:31   #1328

Successfully installed Breeza ZXI steering in Ertiga VXI Cng 2022 (pre facelift).
Well the installation is not simple. Ertiga clockspring is of 6 ports and new steering has 12 port connector.
So swapped out old volume controller + wiring from old to new and cut the cruse control wiring from new steering. Anyways it won't work.
Loving the feel which the leather steering provides.
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20230303_135418.jpg  

swapk53 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 13:41   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
The overall exercise reason is because of my cervical issue in my neck...
Hi Ravi,
To deal with this issue, ask your friend to use a doctor recommended soft cervical collar while driving.
This collar will due to its profile fit snugly around the lower jaw and chin areas n prevent head movement.
I feel upgrading suspension will not solve the problem completely.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 17:22   #1330

Quote:
I'd first request him to take a TD of new XL6, ensuring correct tyre pressures. If it's ride is acceptable to him, he should surely go ahead with the upgrade.

I can assure the ride is far better, but whether it's acceptable to him, that is something only he can confirm. It's a medical case so I'm being even more cautious here.

Regards,
Shashi
Hello, Shashi! I have booked XL6 Zeta AT in the first week of Feb and awaiting for delivery. But I am planning to put it on hold after hearing about RDE compliance and E20 petrol. The deadline for RDE is anyway 1st of April. So what would you suggest? Should I wait for 1 month and get the XL6 that is RDE compliant? But then what about E20? Please help me. I am very confused.
Old 5th March 2023, 09:46   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapk53 View Post
Successfully installed Breeza ZXI steering in Ertiga VXI Cng 2022 (pre facelift).
Well the installation is not simple. Ertiga clockspring is of 6 ports and new steering has 12 port connector.
So swapped out old volume controller + wiring from old to new and cut the cruse control wiring from new steering. Anyways it won't work.
Loving the feel which the leather steering provides.
Please share the part number. Will the removed steering could be usable later, if required?
How complicated is the changes? Will Maruti service centre will do this swap?
I don't know any reliable mechanics in Bangalore which is stopping me from do many of Shahi's improvements
Old 5th March 2023, 12:47   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GHNAAD View Post
Hello, Shashi! I have booked XL6 Zeta AT in the first week of Feb and awaiting for delivery. But I am planning to put it on hold after hearing about RDE compliance and E20 petrol. The deadline for RDE is anyway 1st of April. So what would you suggest? Should I wait for 1 month and get the XL6 that is RDE compliant? But then what about E20? Please help me. I am very confused.
Hi Meghnaad,
Me says don't think too much about it.
There is atleast a couple a months waiting for xl6 anyways. So when the time comes, take delivery of the vehicle and enjoy the journeys with your loved ones.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 19:02   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi Meghnaad,
Me says don't think too much about it.
There is atleast a couple a months waiting for xl6 anyways. So when the time comes, take delivery of the vehicle and enjoy the journeys with your loved ones.

Regards
Nikhil
Just to add, I am getting mine delivered on 22nd Mar. I had a long chat on this with dealer principle and he suggested me not to think much about RDE compliance & E20 fuels. His point being that we still have M800 runnings on available blended fuel & this won't make much difference.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 00:01   #1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Just to add, I am getting mine delivered on 22nd Mar. I had a long chat on this with dealer principle and he suggested me not to think much about RDE compliance & E20 fuels. His point being that we still have M800 runnings on available blended fuel & this won't make much difference.
Dealers will say these things so that they can clear their stock. My dealer said something very similar. And the example, he's taking of M800 is not rational as it will not run for next 15 years but my new XL6 will. Companies themselves are not sure about how the 20% Ethanol blended petrol will affect the engine in the longer run. But I have decided to put it on hold because, first, I don't have any urgency, I can wait. Secondly, Hyundai, Kia and other manufacturers have already updated their cars with new engines that are E20 petrol and RDE complaint, hence hoping Suzuki will follow the suit.
Old 9th March 2023, 08:58   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GHNAAD View Post
Dealers will say these things so that they can clear their stock. My dealer said something very similar. And the example, he's taking of M800 is not rational as it will not run for next 15 years but my new XL6 will.
The dealer in question is a small town NEXA & had no stockyard inventory for XL6 automatic when i booked. I myself went to their stockyard to see the inventory. Apparently, Automatics are manufactured on demand only by MSIL as per them. I suspect dealer is trying to take me for a ride by bluffing. If it mattered so much, we could have easily waited for a month more as i have already paid the booking amount.

Anyways, my car was ordered in last week of Jan 2023 & Manufactured in Feb 23 if i go via VIN number so definitely not a case of stock clearance. Off Course, they indented only after i have a clarification on E20 fuels & had showed no hurry for the car.

Talking logically, we have some thing called backward compatibility in systems. I am not bothered with 5 % drop in power but that might not be the case with everyone. Moreover, this E20 compliance will come with additional cost which will push the price more. It cannot be the case that all cars / bikes sold so far will be redundant post switch to E 20 fuels & start having issues. We are all being unnecessarily paranoid about E20 fuels. In my side, Seeing a M 800 climbing the hills is daily occurrence with what ever available fuel on pump.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 9th March 2023 at 08:59.

Most Viewed