Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 18:24   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
I have XL6 MT

During 3rd free service, they updated ECU firmware. Since then, the fuel economy dropped by around 1.5 to 2 kmph (previously 13-14 kmph in city, and now 11-12 kmph in city)

I did take the car to service center. They connected the scanner for diagnostics, and everything was fine in the scan.

The one visible sign I have seen is that since the ecu update, the SVHS battery rarely charges up to 4 blocks in the information display. And never to 5 blocks. Before the ecu update, it was common for the battery to charge up to 4 blocks.

Seems they have messed up something. My car behaved the exact opposite of yours. Mileage increased by 1-1.5kmpl in any condition, and where earlier the battery rarely went to 4 bars, post update, it quickly charges to 4 and even 5 bars isn't uncommon. Other BHPians like SS-Traveller(Ciaz) and Madtiger(XL6 MT) reported similar changes.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 21:19   #1007
BANNED

Very likely that they have messed up.

Mine is December 2020 manufactured car, and likely had the new firmware version. They might have updated it to the older version, which your car had.

Any way for me to figure out which version of ecu firmware is now installed in my car, and to check if that is the latest version?
Old 1st May 2022, 01:13   #1008
BHPian

Posting here after long time.
Though have been regular visitor to this thread.
Needless to say that Shashi you really got the XL6 to a different level with sensible mods rather than the ones that are done at car shops.

I guess i posted mine on this thread when I took the delivery last year.

Absolutely loving the ownership.

Only additions done so far:
PPF
Puddle lamp (battery operated Suzuki logo from Amazon)
Red warning blinkers on door
70mai Dashcam (front+rear)
Hella Horns My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_20220501_004602.jpg
Head rest for middle rows from Amazon
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09DPLM5K6/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Best average i got so far is 19.8 kmpl on Highway not exceeding 80kmph with AC
City with AC varies from 13-15 kmpl
Recent 2100km drive with 100% AC i got 15.1kmpl at 105kmph on cruise control with mix of sprints.
**Getting 18-19 kmpl on open Highway seems impossible unless driven South of 80kmph.

New 2022 Model features that i think can be added:
* Smart play system for wireless AA and the feel of it (ofcourse pricing matters).
* UV cut side glasses
* Alloys
* Shark fin
nomadabhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:45   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Posting here after long time.
Though have been regular visitor to this thread.
Needless to say that Shashi you really got the XL6 to a different level with sensible mods rather than the ones that are done at car shops.

I guess i posted mine on this thread when I took the delivery last year.
Glad to see you back in action.

Quote:
New 2022 Model features that i think can be added:
* Smart play system for wireless AA and the feel of it (ofcourse pricing matters).
Does it get wireless AA? Don't think so. Please correct me if I am wrong. The only benefit of that headunit I see is the OTA update it can get, but that is no reason to spend 35k on that unit.

Quote:
* UV cut side glasses
* Alloys
* Shark fin
I'd skip the sharkfin antenna since it won't be a functional mod, unless I drill a hole at the rear and make it operational. UV cut glass and IR cut windshield is something I'll surely add, along with those tasty looking alloys and may be the taillight. I guess I'll not be able to resist it for long, and a huge monetary loss for existing Michelins and alloys seems imminent.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 21:34   #1010
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
along with those tasty looking alloys and may be the taillight. I guess I'll not be able to resist it for long, and a huge monetary loss for existing Michelins and alloys seems imminent.

Regards,
Shashi
I know you will do your research before attempting anything but AFAIK, the 2022 XL6 (with the 16 inchers) has a slightly revised suspension (tweaked dampers and spring stiffness from what I could gather). Hence it would be a bit more challenging to get those 16 inch alloys (very alluring I know) on our XL6s.

Of course, no one will be more happy than me if I am proven wrong. So please confirm with your sources in MSIL and get back to us
sierrabravo98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:13   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
I know you will do your research before attempting anything but AFAIK, the 2022 XL6 (with the 16 inchers) has a slightly revised suspension (tweaked dampers and spring stiffness from what I could gather). Hence it would be a bit more challenging to get those 16 inch alloys (very alluring I know) on our XL6s.

Of course, no one will be more happy than me if I am proven wrong. So please confirm with your sources in MSIL and get back to us
Yes the cost of changing wheels includes getting revised components, mainly springs. I'll go for the proper setup, not something which is only for looks. I haven't driven the new XL6 over bad roads, so will wait before I take a call. The change of wheels shouldn't cause any deterioration over the setup I currently have.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: lets not talk about this anymore, I'm getting depressed thinking about the money I'll end up wasting on this unnecessary exercise.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 2nd May 2022 at 22:28. Reason: Adding PS
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:41   #1012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
-Have two active complains lodged with MSIL, first about peeling chrome finish on grill and second being a minor play in front seats(which I thought was normal) until that automatic XL6 came in our family. Maruti officials have filed a report and changed a few stuff but it made no difference to the play(made it worse on one of the seats). Their technical team is working on it and a resolution is expected soon. Will post in detail about it once they fix it. Regarding peeling chrome finish on, they have already ordered the part and it should be changed under warranty this week.

Regards,
Shashi
Quote:
PS: Hope they solve the seat related issue soon.
Update: Finally, Maruti replaced the entire seat assembly, and thus the episode came to a satisfying end. Must say, the way Maruti handled the case, was commendable.

Issue: My XL6's both front seats had a very minor 2-3mm play from hinge area. It wasn't troublesome, except the seat shake one can see over bad roads. I did ask the mechanics during service to check, and they passed it off as normal. When our Crysta came home last year, I noticed that it's front seats are hinged perfectly with no unusual play. I thought it may be something related to Toyota's quality and thus didn't make a fuss over it. Things changed when 2 XL6's came in my circle last December, one owned by my brother and other bought by a very close friend of mine. Both didn't have any play in their seats. That's when I actively started chasing this matter.

-BHPian Madtiger sent videos of his seats and there was no play at 20,000 km.
-I checked TD cars of nearby NEXA outlets and found some play but not as bad as mine.
-The play was there at all recline angles, not just at my driving position. Thus it was not a wear and tear related issue. Moreover the front passenger seat has rarely been used, still it had equal play.

Process: I registered an official complain with my workshop, and after preliminary investigation from their end, they filed a Field Report. Maruti representatives and engineers checked the car after a few days, made some videos and left. They also visited stockyard, checked new cars and also checked brand new Innovas for reference. Next communication from Maruti was to replace bushes and some bolts. Once parts arrived and the replacement was done, it made no difference to the play. The parts which came out were as good as new and the bush had no damage. I felt that the play on RH seat worsened after this exercise and informed them. LH seat was still acceptable.

During my Puri trip, I could feel the seat back moving during hard braking, and the problem had indeed worsened. I was once informed that may be Maruti will approve replacement of seat frames. I expressed my concern about fit and finish of seats post replacement, and there are some parts like the seat base which even Service manual forbids to dismantle due to weight mesh sensor. TSM did echo my thoughts that it's not good to do hit and trial and replace parts everytime, and that he would aim for complete solution this time. Meanwhile ZSH(Zonal Service Head) was brought in the loop. Another issue was that there is no part number for the entire seat assembly for Ertiga/XL6, thus any dispatch will have to be done directly by Maruti. Eventually, I was informed that an entire seat assembly has been dispatched from the factory on 21st April.

Part arrived couple of days ago, and I got it replaced yesterday. The seat came in a huge wooden crate, properly packed. I was expecting to swap a few plastic parts from old seat, but it came in ready to use form. Barely took couple of minutes to swap out the seat and the problem was resolved. This one had very minimal play which IMO is normal and very much acceptable.

What impressed me: The issue was a fairly minor one TBH, and Maruti could have brushed it under the carpet on day 1 and be well within their rights to do so. There is a similar case on our forum, where Ford did nothing about the seat play a BHPian had. Link (Ford Aspire: Excessive play in the driver's seat) Play in my seats was not even half of what the Aspire had, but the sincerity with which everyone took this case, was commendable. They did take customer's voice pretty seriously and always aimed for utmost customer satisfaction. It did take a long time but most of it was due to parts being in transit. I cannot express how happy I am with this experience, no wonder MS still has customer's trust. Special thanks to everyone, including Workshop Manager, TSM, RSM and ZSH who actively took part in this case. Some pics:

New seat packed safely in wooden crate:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220502_144519.jpg

Installed, the seat bolts were properly torqued to 23Nm as recommended in service manual:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220502_153605.jpg

The old seat, Adios Amigo:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20220502_151401.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:32   #1013
BHPian

No wonder MSIL is at the top charts of customer service. It is truly these minute things that the customer brings to notice, and MSIL does everything it can to keep the customer happy. A very Interesting observation regarding the seats Shashi , this is the first seat issue I've read about ,cross verifying it with other XL6's helped majorly to understand the issue.
Kudos to MSIL , this is what I call Customer service !

Regards
Ashton Castelino

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 3rd May 2022 at 21:35.
Ashtoncastelino is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 12:26   #1014
BHPian

Quote:

UV cut glass and IR cut windshield is something I'll surely add, along with those tasty looking alloys and may be the taillight. I guess I'll not be able to resist it for long, and a huge monetary loss for existing Michelins and alloys seems imminent.

Regards,
Shashi
Any idea if this UV cut glass and IR cut windshield of the XL6 can be fitted on the Ertiga or not? If yes, besides blocking sun light, could it also potentially affect the amount of noise filtering in through the cabin?
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 12:49   #1015
BHPian

Stories like this are what make me think, "If I want a reliable, trouble-free, no-nonsense car ownership experience, buy a Maruti Suzuki".

I hope to see them make more premium cars. They have the capability (especially with help from Toyota). With the separate NEXA showrooms, they have a good chance of selling premium cars successfully.
kadanaJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 12:51   #1016
BHPian

Glad to see the issue with the most beloved and most pampered XL6 of teambhp get resolved comprehensively.

M.A.S.S. definitely takes customer complaints seriously and lives up to its reputation.

Quote:

They also visited stockyard, checked new cars and also checked brand new Innovas for reference.
They checked Innova for reference? Or was it supposed to be "Baby Innova"?
FloatingCanvas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 23:21   #1017
BHPian

I finally finished this thread from start to end - it took me a good few days to digest it due to the wealth of information and nuggets of helpful advice posted. A big thanks @Leoshashi and others for all the posts. I recently bought a preowned 2019 Ertiga ZXI AT and this thread is proving to be immensely helpful in starting my car ownership. And on this I had a few questions.
  1. Unfortunately the car came without the owner's manual and I really miss having it. Though I found a PDF online it's nothing close to having the printed one. I have the habit of reading the entire manual within the first few days of car ownership. I contacted a nearby dealer but no one seems to be interested in letting me know how to get a replacement. Is there some way to order it? Preferably online?
  2. Not just the owners manual, the car came with absolutely no papers other than RC and insurance. I managed to get the entire service history as a PDF and printed it for records. However I had no idea of how long extended warranty was taken. Here again the dealers are not being helpful in letting me know the warranty status and if I can purchase a few more years assuming the first owner didn't max out on the extended warranty purchase. Does it make sense to go for this?
  3. After getting the service records the first thing I checked is to see what all recall parts were changed. It appears like only the ISG was changed and from what I can understand (see service record below) the software update was not done. From the limited driving I have done I am seeing FE of 11-12 KM/L. Can someone confirm if the update was done based on what's recorded in the history?
    My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-service.png
  4. The car came with complete floor matting which I am happy about since we have a dog and getting it's hair out from the original carpet would have been a nightmare. However for some reason the previous owner has left out the boot without matting and the beige carpets have soiled quite a bit. I suspect the soiling is due to the habit of the service centers dumping old parts here. I intend to get it cleaned up and a mat put over it so it's easier to maintain.
  5. I notice a hump on the floor underneath the 2nd row larger seat and I am not able to figure out what object is placed there. From the floor pictures I saw on this thread there should be nothing there. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
  6. Since the tires have only a few months to a year of life remaining I plan to install TPMS when I change the tires from stock to 195/65 R15. I see that the Manatec TPMS is no longer sold on Amazon. I found a similar lower priced product called Skyshop Solar TPMS. From what I can see it doesn't have the relearn feature after rotation. One has to manually update using the settings. Has anyone tried this brand?
  7. I noticed a few missing clips where the trims are fixed to the flooring. The clips are beige in color and I couldn't find the relevant part numbers as many such small parts don't have images on Boodmo. Does anyone have a list of commonly used clips in the Ertiga/XL6 so I can order a set of all of them at once?
  8. Finally, is there a service manual available for the 2nd gen Ertiga? Even a PDF would do as it's only for reference when doing some DIY work.
sanspatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 08:52   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
And on this I had a few questions.
Congrats on your new acquisition.
And you are very smart to have asked your questions to Mr. Maruti Suzuki. Every question of your's is going to be answered and probably with more information than you ever asked for.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 09:31   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post

I managed to get the entire service history as a PDF and printed it for records. However I had no idea of how long extended warranty was taken. Here again the dealers are not being helpful in letting me know the warranty status and if I can purchase a few more years assuming the first owner didn't max out on the extended warranty purchase. Does it make sense to go for this?
If you get the your mobile phone linked against the car at Maruti Suzuki dealership, you could see the extended warranty information on Maruti Suzuki Rewards app. Usually the extended warranty, if original owner has taken, is up to 5 years/100000 Kms. If you are not getting the required information from dealer, post a query/complaint with Maruti Suzuki at
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...us#write-to-us . Then MS ensure that it is tracked till closure.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 10:46   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition.
And you are very smart to have asked your questions to Mr. Maruti Suzuki. Every question of your's is going to be answered and probably with more information than you ever asked for.
Thank you. We mainly bought it for long drives as the 2nd car since the Polo was getting really cramped with 3 adults, 1 kid and a dog
I will wait patiently for the boss to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
If you get the your mobile phone linked against the car at Maruti Suzuki dealership, you could see the extended warranty information on Maruti Suzuki Rewards app.
Thanks for this. I am waiting for the RC transfer to be completed since it's only after that I can update the ownership records at MS and then register on the app. But as per the dealer I bought the car from the warranty will expire on 09/May/2022. He said the warranty was for 3 years from date of purchase (09/May/2019). I don't know on what basis he claimed this since there was no warranty certificate to inspect. If this is really true then the previous owner must have purchased 1 year extended warranty on top of 2 years standard. I don't know if that option was even there.

Also one more point I missed out in my earlier post was how low the NVH levels are on this car in the city. From my observation on driving a TD Ertiga, it appears like the previous owner has got damping done on the vehicle. Outside noise barely seeps in and the ride at city speeds is very good. It's only after 80 or 90 KM/H that the engine drone and tire noise starts to become bothering. I am hoping switching to XM2 or XM2+ should reduce this to a certain extent.
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks