Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2021, 19:08   #46
BHPian

Re: My Kia Seltos HTE Diesel MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat_rf View Post
.. port work after installing the system? Do not feel like keeping mobile in glovebox while using Android auto. Currently USB doesn't work in mine (Unplug android HU).

Thanks.
Stock USB port doesn't work with Upgrade, I haven't tried much in enabling it as I don't connect mobile via USB. Also, The one I have is with 4GB and the Intel processor.
2 GB version you shared is not a good option, the touch screen has lag, and the quality of the sound is not good.

Last edited by sharan_si : 15th April 2021 at 19:11.
sharan_si is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 14:32   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Stock USB port doesn't work with Upgrade, I haven't tried much in enabling it as I don't connect mobile via USB. Also, The one I have is with 4GB and the Intel processor.
2 GB version you shared is not a good option, the touch screen has lag, and the quality of the sound is not good.
Thanks. This helps
I'm not looking to spend close to 40k on an aftermarket infotainment system. So will have to wait and see if the USB works.
goat_rf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 14:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. This helps
I'm not looking to spend close to 40k on an aftermarket infotainment system. So will have to wait and see if the USB works.
I am not using the car much these days, when I get some time over the weekend will experiment on the USB port and update if it works for me.
I need to remove the dashboard panel to connect it to the car USB.
Old 20th April 2021, 19:26   #49

Quote:
I am not using the car much these days, when I get some time over the weekend will experiment on the USB port and update if it works for me.
I need to remove the dashboard panel to connect it to the car USB.
Sure thanks

Also due to curfew in Delhi the delivery is delayed. Will update after the installation.
goat_rf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 20:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2059893
Door handles are colored silver, place to fit the tweeter is un-usable in the base model, tweeter grill holes are closed.

Hi Sharan

I see that you have removed the ORVM adjustment handles. How to do you adjust the ORVMs now?
rahulvv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 15:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
Hi Sharan

I see that you have removed the ORVM adjustment handles. How to do you adjust the ORVMs now?
Its there, not visible in pic
Old 20th June 2021, 22:29   #52
BHPian

Congratulations Sharan on your new ride! Can you please share the phone number of the Sales Advisor, very hard to see enthusiastic sales people in Kia and Hyundai due to their sale volume.

The seats look awesome! How has the service experience been so far, if any.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Congratulations Sharan on your new ride! Can you please share the phone number of the Sales Advisor, very hard to see enthusiastic sales people in Kia and Hyundai due to their sale volume.

The seats look awesome! How has the service experience been so far, if any.
Thank you Raghunath, I don't remember the name of the sales person, I bought it in JSP Kia marathalli.
Old 21st July 2022, 23:21   #54

Nice choice two years back and probably even now.

I am planning to buy the updated HTE Diesel in the coming weeks. I am impressed with all the features talked here and other forums as well. But i am still sceptical about the mileage.

Will it give around 15 kmpl in mixed Mumbai traffic. Also it now costs 13.5 L on road in Mumbai, so would like to know the opinion of group members if this choice still makes sense. I only want a Diesel car and look and feature wise (base model) we are sold on this..
Looking forward to suggestions from forum members.
Thanks in anticipation
Old 22nd July 2022, 08:34   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcatcher83 View Post
Nice choice two years back and probably even now.

I am planning to buy the updated HTE Diesel in the coming weeks. I am impressed with all the features talked here and other forums as well. But i am still sceptical about the mileage.

Will it give around 15 kmpl in mixed Mumbai traffic. Also it now costs 13.5 L on road in Mumbai, so would like to know the opinion of group members if this choice still makes sense. I only want a Diesel car and look and feature wise (base model) we are sold on this..
Looking forward to suggestions from forum members.
Thanks in anticipation
15 kmpl in city is possible with light traffic , which is rare, not with moderate traffic.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 22:34   #56

Thanks Sharan, but finally after quite a bit of due diligence I booked the Venue CRDI S+ yesterday.

Since this is a Seltos thread, just if I may add, I found the Seltos ride to be a bit too stiff and rear seat thigh support to be poor and then I observed that It was a little too big in size from my daily ride from Andheri to Thane. And finally after meeting multiple dealers the best delivery was way past 4 months from now. Apart from this definitely it is the best car in the mid suv space.

So maybe some other time, but all the help counts!

thanks again
Old 28th July 2022, 10:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcatcher83 View Post
Thanks Sharan, but finally after quite a bit of due diligence I booked the Venue CRDI S+ yesterday.

Since this is a Seltos thread, just if I may add, I found the Seltos ride to be a bit too stiff and rear seat thigh support to be poor and then I observed that It was a little too big in size from my daily ride from Andheri to Thane. And finally after meeting multiple dealers the best delivery was way past 4 months from now. Apart from this definitely it is the best car in the mid suv space.

So maybe some other time, but all the help counts!

thanks again
Your observations are correct, suspension is stiff, but if you go with 16" wheels with 1/2 psi below recommended pressure, its manageable. Its unbearable with bigger alloys.

Last edited by sharan_si : 28th July 2022 at 10:58.
Old 15th September 2022, 13:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Sharan and hope you are enjoying the Seltos. Even my friend who bought Seltos in Bangalore happened to meet a car veteran, completely upgrading his base model Seltos. Hope it was you

I'm considering woodman head unit for my Nexon XMA. Got to know from BHPian in TATA HEXA thread that woodman are trustworthy. One doubt still remains.
Does the stock USB port work after installing the system? Do not feel like keeping mobile in glovebox while using Android auto. Currently USB doesn't work in mine (Unplug android HU).

Thanks.
Did you buy the woodman 2gb unit for your Nexon? if so how is the audio quality? any lag in maps loading?

I placed an order for woodman play unit in haste and now it is not possible to cancel. I am slightly worried if this doesn't come out to be just a fancy Chinese unit with bad sound quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks