Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2020, 16:49   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post

The T-roc won the hearts of all our family members.
Congratulations and happy motoring!

Like others have said, this post seemed more like an official review. Well-written with excellent attention-to-detail.

I've only seen the car twice on our roads but both times it attracted a lot of attention - from fellow drivers and pedestrians. That says a lot about the T-ROC's visual appeal - it's an absolute head-turner!
JojyKerala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 16:52   #32
BHPian

Superb review for your gorgeous ride from Volkswagen. I love it more in it's blue shade. The T-Roc will win the Team-Bhp polls for the best looking crossover within ₹30 L.

Initially I mistakened the T-Roc for Audi Q3 when I noticed it's rear at first.

According to my opinion, it is the best looking crossover compared to it's competition. The 150 bhp TSI engine combined with the responsive DSG (one of the best in the world despite niggles) is a treat for enthusiasts in this country where enthusiasts are starved of affordable choices.

While Kia Seltos has hit the ball out of the park with the overall package & features, I feel that VW T-Roc does the same regarding driving pleasure (correct me if I'm wrong).

I would blindfoldedly go for the T-Roc in blue shade over Kia Seltos or Hyundai Creta, if I could afford it in used market.

That's enough of my fanboy-like rant. Congratulations Seahawk for your ride, and wish you thousands of mile munching sire! I hope I can spot your T-Roc one day in traffic.
Ultim8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 17:08   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on your new T-Roc !!!

Quote:
The lack of powered front seats and cruise control. Although its exclusion doesn’t bother us too much, it should be offered considering the price. The rotary dial for adjusting the backrest is annoying to use, Volkswagen could have used a simple lever instead. I also wish it came with wireless charging for my phone.
And i seriously wonder how a German built car missed out on primary feature such as cruise control (I expected an Adaptive cruise control ) ? Even my 15 year old VW Touran had a cruise control so i believe this is a deliberate omission.
Herr_Autobahn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 17:41   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your new T-Roc and wish you many happy miles with the car . I also got my T-Roc in Pure White in the beginning of September. I have driven it only 1,000 odd Kms so far but I have enjoyed each and every minute of it. Driving dyanmics and overall build quality is truly superb!
royalbeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 18:51   #35
BHPian

Hey, hearty congratulations on your purchase. Blue is stunning. Wish you a wonderful ownership experience.

Quote:
Driving Dynamics & Assist Systems: -

Surprised to see no Volkswagen/TSI badging
Yeah, no branding on the Karoq's engine either. While my GT TSI has a large TSI branding. Wonder why.

Quote:

* The automatic start/stop system and the frontal collision warning indicator are on by default whenever the car is started.
Again, same behavior on the Karoq. I thought it has to come to a standstill for the system to activate, but clearly, it seems to 'anticipate' a stop and shuts off which I don't like at all. At those tiny pre-fab speed breakers in my office parking, it shuts down every time.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 21:22   #36
BANNED

Congratulations on your new car, happy mile munching. Really loved the way you reviewed it, great car, great review. Rated it 5 stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

For a moment there, I thought I'm reading an Official Review . Your car is going to our homepage today . Wishing you minimum 150,000 km of smiles & memories with the T-Roc.
How about giving honorary "official review" badge.

Last edited by wheelguy : 16th October 2020 at 21:30. Reason: typo
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 22:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review of a fantastic car! The T-Roc may not be the biggest car in its class but its quality and sophistication shines through compared to its competition.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 14:57   #38
BHPian

@Seahawk fantastic review sir. Thoroughly enjoyed reading and admiring the details of your beautiful Troc. As a VW Arteon owner, I could'nt help but notice quite a few similarities between the two cars (given that they're from the same brand). Wish you and your family a safe & joyful motoring experience.
Nair.V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 19:27   #39
BHPian

Fantastic detailed review man.!!
GTO rightly said, it seemed as if I was reading an official review. Beautifully designed product with one of the better engines in the segment. I don't know but I do have a soft corner for the Karoq and the T-Roc in my heart. May be I will own one of them some day.

Still congrats buddy. Great choice and great review. Happy mile munching.

Cheers!
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 22:12   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on your new T-Roc. I happened to take a Test Ride of T-Roc during my hunt for a mini-SUV in the market. Boy oh boy, the impression that T-Roc left was miles ahead of the Korean CSUVs. The refinement of the DSG was impeccable. Despite all the top-tech gizmos that Korean Brothers flaunt gleefully, I yearned for something more against the likes of T-Roc. My heart was set on the vehicle but my wallet shattered my dreams. May I be bestowed with the T-Roc one day

Anyways, Kudos to you for beautifully penning up this review. Wishing you never ending miles on this beast. Cheers !
pandatrooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 01:15   #41
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase, it's a great decision choosing this over the competition. It'll definitely age better than the Seltos and the Creta, that's the best thing about VW designs (or at least that's how I feel).

Apart from the electrically adjustable seats, I think it's really well spec-ed. Being a CBU, it feels like you're getting an Audi level car at a far better price. They did a smart thing offering only one variant. I read somewhere that they had got only 1000 units for the Indian market, I was surprised they didn't get more. But in a way, the owner feels special it's just 1 in a 1000, something different from the Koreans. Wish you many happy years with the car.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 12:58   #42
pms
BHPian

Congratulations and what a beauty it looks in that blue shade! Wish you miles of safe drive..
pms is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 08:54   #43
BHPian

Excellent Review sir.

Quote:

Lastly the maneuver braking, this system works under speeds 10 km/hr with the help of parking sensors and can also bring the vehicle to a standstill if it detects an obstacle.
Sounds like a useful feature in bumper to bumper traffic. Did you experience this feature by any chance like the lane change assist..?
abhkop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 10:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhkop View Post
Excellent Review sir.
Sounds like a useful feature in bumper to bumper traffic. Did you experience this feature by any chance like the lane change assist..?
Thank you abhkop! No need to address me as "Sir" I'm only 19 . If a car/two-wheeler gets too close to the vehicle, the parking sensors turn on automatically and there is a loud chime, if they continue to get closer to the vehicle, and the maneuver braking is activated, the T-Roc should come to a full stop on its own. I've experienced the parking sensors turn on a number of occasions in heavy bumper-to-bumper traffic, and everytime I switch it off manually as the chimes get distracting. There are a few Bhp'ians who tried out this feature on their own (under safe conditions) and their vehicle came to a full stop.
Seahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 14:30   #45
BHPian

Excellent review, It has been couple of weeks with my own T-Roc Indium Grey and it has been a real good deal. Liking almost everything in this little beast for now, cruise control and power seats are not real miss for me. Seems very frugal at the moment, 2-cylinder mode gets activated frequently if you are a soft driver. Highways can easily get you a mileage of 20+, will update on what I get on my next highway drive.

For now liking these little things:
- Remote opening & closing of windows and sunroof.
- Responsive touch screen music system.
- Digital cockpit and dynamic fuel consumption.
- And off course the DSG TSI combination.

Wish it had an electric boot door closing, the boot door so heavy.

Volkswagen T-Roc : Ownership Review-img_0565.jpeg
csnanjappa is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks