Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2020, 20:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhalla View Post
I still love the looks of Polo and I’ll prefer this clean looking car over funky looking Hyundai i20 anytime. Nd 1.0 TSi engine is cherry on cake. Congratulations for this beauty.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Congrats on the New Polo! It's a great car for 2 to drive around in city and once addicted to VAG cars, there's no turning back.
The color is also unique apart form the Regular Reds and White which are very common in Polo

Its nice to know that the 1.0 packs a punch as well. However VW needs to bring in the international Polo. And even after 01 years VW has not provided display warnings for rear parking sensors nor a rear camera which is almost a necessity in 2020.
The surprise is that rear AC has been added.

Wishing you trouble free miles of safe driving
I hope we see the international variant soon too. Yes, they still have not learnt their lessons, but luckily the retrofit itch hasn't died in most enthusiasts and so what's needed must be done, albeit at a price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I also recently brought home a White Polo HP AT and I've done around 1000kms on it. I find that our observations on the engine and especially the gearbox wary quite a bit.
My sales people everywhere (I checked 3 showrooms) knew that it's a torque converter and not a DSG. I probably would never have gone for a VW DSG car given the reliability issues. As for the shifts, my car almost always shifts at 2000-2100 rpm with a light foot. This has been confirmed in most of the reviews I've watched. Even with slightly heavier foot, the gear shifts take place at around ~2700rpm in the D mode. Are you sure you aren't driving in the S mode?

To verify the observations, I went on a short little drive today. My car shifted to D5 at the speed of 60 every time. The only noticeable gearshift for me has been the D2 to D3 and vice versa. Since my run in period's almost over, I've started pushing it a little and you may also feel the gear shifts then but under normal conditions, I've not felt any of the D4/D5/D6. Okay, maybe ever so slightly, but only when I'm looking for it. In the D mode, my car has NEVER touched 3k rpms before shifting.

As for the creep mode being aggressive, I noticed that in the TD unit of GT TSI but I've not found it much of a problem in my own car. Perhaps I've gotten used to it. I do find the R a bit aggressive though, that can be difficult to handle in tight spaces.
Yes, I do believe post a few hundred kilometres the driving experiences on my vehicle should change as well, which I why I would love to keep updating this thread when I spend some more quality time with this beast. Perhaps you misunderstood me when I said "This is No DSG." I actually meant it as a statement to the many sales executives who were convincing customers the torque converter is just as good as the DSG. Since I have driven quite a few other automatics extensively, I was genuinely disappointed by my first impression with this gearbox after a lot of praiseworthy reviews which often said, users wouldn't miss the DSG. No, I haven't been driving around in S and I'm sure of it. Would love to see how the gearbox and engine smoothens up and the shift points adjust with time, as that is the only difference between my vehicle and other users and test drive vehicles as of now :- the kilometres driven. I will try and put up a GoPro video of the drive to be doubly sure of what's happening but as of now I really long to drive my car and I'm wondering when Volkswagen is giving it back.

The GT TSI and the Highline+ AT are mechanically identical so I don't think there is any reason to believe the initial creep should be any different. Yes, even I feel I have gotten used to the creep, but I'm still positive, a valet attendant or a new driven will be caught off guard by the initial surge. Thanks for sharing and I really hope my gearbox comes around soon!
fluidicjoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 13:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post

The dealership has the 6RG 845 011 T readily available and the description between the T and the AL/AD is a 90% match. Both come with 4L6, which is a Rain Sensor mounting but the Heat Insulating Aspect PR Number 4GS and 4GC is varying. Here is a description of the Option Codes :-
4GC = Windshield in heat-insulating glass withsunshield
4GK = Laminated windshield, with sunshield (Common for both parts)
4GS = Heat-insulating glass windshield
Congratulations on your new car purchase. Polo does look stunning in any shade of red!

Since only the codes for heat insulation vary I do not see much of a problem in using the part with suffix T. Ask the dealership personnel to check whether holder for RVM is same for both the glasses. If it is, you are good to go.

Am surprised you have purchased access to ETKA. Curious how you did it and how much was the cost
vshankarhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 14:15   #33
BHPian

This shade of red looks quite alluring on the Polo. BTW, do you live somewhere around Mahatma Society in Kothrud? I've seen this car a couple of times on the main road and it immediately caught my eye due to the new shade.
SilverMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 15:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMachine View Post
This shade of red looks quite alluring on the Polo. BTW, do you live somewhere around Mahatma Society in Kothrud? I've seen this car a couple of times on the main road and it immediately caught my eye due to the new shade.
Yes! You spotted me. I hope you see me again soon as I'll be looking out for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
Congratulations on your new car purchase. Polo does look stunning in any shade of red!

Since only the codes for heat insulation vary I do not see much of a problem in using the part with suffix T. Ask the dealership personnel to check whether holder for RVM is same for both the glasses. If it is, you are good to go.

Am surprised you have purchased access to ETKA. Curious how you did it and how much was the cost
The IRVM holder needs 4L6 which is common for both. The only aspect the dealership is checking for is a possible change in the thickness of the glass to not land up with NVH and Air-conditioning trouble ahead. But as of today, Volkswagen is tight-lipped on whether they can deliver the glass and if they can, then when is another mystery. As for ETKA, there are a lot of cracked versions available for download. Presently, I'm sharing a PartsLink24 Subscription with a friend that lets me lookup at each and every component installed in the specific vehicle as per VIN. The cost is about 20 Euros.

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 6th November 2020 at 16:12.
Old 6th November 2020, 20:22   #35
BHPian

Congrats on your new car purchase. That is a timeless design which does not age in my opinion, compared to the outlandish stylish seen nowadays.

My two cents would be to get the new windshield for your Polo, simply because it is a very new car. And knowing VW, they might void your warranty in the future for other parts stating the windshield replacement.

There should be a similar escalation system similar to how Bhpians raised to Skoda? You should try that and specifically mention the long timeline for a simple windshield.

Hope you get your beauty soon and start enjoying more miles in it!
chinmaypillay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 22:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Yes! You spotted me. I hope you see me again soon as I'll be looking out for you.
On one of those occasions, I had noticed the spare tyre being used as well. I know, my observation powers are magnificent .

In case you are interested in buying lug nuts with a spline drive, why don't you check out the Gorilla range, albeit limited, on Amazon?

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th January 2021 at 13:37. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 6th November 2020, 23:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaypillay View Post
Congrats on your new car purchase. That is a timeless design which does not age in my opinion, compared to the outlandish stylish seen nowadays.

My two cents would be to get the new windshield for your Polo, simply because it is a very new car. And knowing VW, they might void your warranty in the future for other parts stating the windshield replacement.

There should be a similar escalation system similar to how Bhpians raised to Skoda? You should try that and specifically mention the long timeline for a simple windshield.

Hope you get your beauty soon and start enjoying more miles in it!
Yes, I'm patiently waiting for a positive update on the same. Somehow, Volkswagen customer care does not have an iconic figure like Zac Hollis. The few contacts I have, seem to have turned a deaf ear to the issue at hand.

[quote=SilverMachine;4925511]
Quote:

On one of those occasions, I had noticed the spare tyre being used as well. I know, my observation powers are magnificent .

In case you are interested in buying lug nuts with a spline drive, why don't you check out the Gorilla range, albeit limited, on Amazon?
I'm sure you must have brilliant observation powers, but alas, you might have seen another car with a spare wheel.
Old 11th November 2020, 17:40   #38
BHPian

Sunset Red Polo AT Back Home : Swagat Service and Windshield Replaced

Update : Car Back Home!
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-polowb2.jpg
After nearly a 3 week wait, I'm happy to report that the windscreen was procured, fitted and the vehicle was delivered back to me today!

What The Fuss Was About
Volkswagen had switched to a newer type of glass for MY2020 and MY2021 vehicles which had the part number 6RG 845 011 AD/AL (05.10.2020 onwards), and was unable to source this new part number as a replacement in the parts bin. After a lot of patience, VW BU Bhandari, finally procured the windshield yesterday and the vehicle was handed back to me today. Notice the IR+CUT+GREY, which was seemingly the only apparent difference between the old and the new part number.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-ircutgrey.jpg

Windshield Replacement Bill
This was my first instance of using an insurance for a vehicle repair, but the claim process was fairly seamless to say the least. Here is the service bill sent to me and the overall dealer level expense seems to be on the higher side for a hatchback of this segment. Most of the expense was for the sealant and adhesive.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-polo-windshield-cost.jpg

Time For Some Pictures
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-goodyear-front.jpg
The Portago Alloy wheels I was raving about in my first post with the Goodyear Tyres. I'm totally in love with this Sunset Red colour, although I hate to admit I feel it is going to be quite a struggle to maintain its shine.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-polowb1.jpg
One of my favourite angles to look at this beast! Notice the Black Strip that prominently runs along the vehicle.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-rear-sporty.jpg
The vehicle comes with Tyre dust caps by Wonder, an Italian company and it is funny the dealership has already misplaced one. I genuinely wonder if it is petty to complain about this?
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-goodyear-rear.jpg

Some Other Bits
Another look at the Automatic Gearbox Shift Boot. Loses the DSG badging and the GT variant gets no special respect either.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-autoknob.jpg
None of the variants come with a sporty aluminium pedal cap anymore and I only recently saw Hyundai offer it on the i20. Such a bummer! Luckily, better pedal caps are on their way from China.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-pedals.jpg
The Rear AC Vents at the rear which are a Highline+ exclusive!
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-rear-armrest-ac.jpg

That's all for now!
fluidicjoy is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 17:43   #39
BHPian

Car looks absolutely smashing! That red colour is quite literally the cherry on the cake. Hope it doesn't give you anymore random issues.

All the best!
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 18:15   #40
BHPian

Re: Sunset Red Polo AT Back Home : Swagat Service and Windshield Replaced

Quote:
None of the variants come with a sporty aluminium pedal cap anymore and I only recently saw Hyundai offer it on the i20. Such a bummer! Luckily, better pedal caps are on their way from China.
Please provide the link for pedal caps which you have ordered. I am also looking for new pedal caps, as I felt that the break pedal is quite slippery.
RaceHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 22:35   #41
BHPian

Update : OE Reverse Camera and OE LED Lights Delivered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Car looks absolutely smashing! That red colour is quite literally the cherry on the cake. Hope it doesn't give you anymore random issues.

All the best!
Thanks! Yes, I hope so too! Have a lot of mods planned for the beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
Please provide the link for pedal caps which you have ordered. I am also looking for new pedal caps, as I felt that the break pedal is quite slippery.
Will share the link with you shortly. I ended up ordering some incorrect pedals which were not a perfect fit. The replacement set should be arriving sometime this week. Will share pictures and the correct link for procuring them.

Quick Update : A Few Goodies Are Here :-
Been a little busy with my college end semester examinations to update my experiences with the Polo, but the changes have been very pleasant! The odometer stands at 300kms today and the shift quality has improved as I was hoping. The car is in D4 even before the 60km/h mark and the downshifts do seem to be a lot smoother, but the D3-D2 is still very much on the harsher side.

From the first day, I felt the car's tyre alignment was a little biased towards the right. Even after correcting the pressures, the steering felt a little running towards the left. The return to centre however was just fine. I did not want to take any chances and so I took the car to my trusted nearby alignment shop which has a Hunter Engineering Alignment Machine. It is here that I realised there are a lot of presets for the Polo which has seen variations in the suspension components which need to be clearly spelled out for the correct alignment. I will attach photos from the ETKA in a separate thread shortly, to highlight the current Polo 6R Suspension codes to ensure a sound alignment. Long story short, the readings on the Hunter machine, were EVERGREEN. Everything was perfect, and Lokmanya Tyres, Tilak Road did not charge me for the inspection.

Some Goodies
When I had given up on the tracking of the numerous parcels I had ordered from Aliexpress, two of them showed up and it was a pleasant surprise. The first one was an OE Flip Emblem Camera Assembly for the Polo and it will eventually replace the Polo Flip Emblem on my car. I expect the process to take quite some time, since there are still some loose ends and parts which I need to figure out with my friend Nikhil (@N2AutoTech) to ensure a perfect installation. In fact, he highly insisted I go for an Original Camera.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-cameraaliexp.jpg
The next thing that came in is the OE LED License Plate light which I ordered to replace the outdated Halogen License Plate assembly and this is a plug and play retrofit. A quick trip in VCDS showed me the License Plate Light Diagnostics was turned OFF, and this effectively means the License Plate Light will not throw any error while using a Lower Wattage LED, but I want to play around with the settings to see if the Lamp Diagnostics is supported by the Polo 6R BCM.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-whatsapp-image-20201124-22.08.232.jpeg
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-whatsapp-image-20201124-22.08.23.jpeg
fluidicjoy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:50   #42
BHPian

Update : Problem with the Hill Hold Control : Now Solved!

A proper automatic gearbox like a Torque Converter, a CVT or even a DSG typically displays a very slight rollback on a moderate incline, but never to the point where it gets scary, or needs one to actively use the Handbrake. In fact, I have a bad habit of using the handbrake even for moderate inclines, just to assist the gearbox to a tiny extent, to move ahead. This practice has helped me on very steep slopes with my i10 and Dzire, which do not have an Electronic Hill hold feature baked in. However, with a DSG, the Hill Hold has been an intrinsic component which is a seriously underrated feature.

Now I'm glad Volkswagen did not axe the ESP and Hill Hold Control in the 2020 Torque Converter Polo and Polo GT TSI but in over a month of ownership, I really hadn't gotten the chance to test how the features worked in this car. I was curious to see if it was too aggressive or too lenient and I finally got a chance when I had to halt on a near 45-50 degree gradient last week. I left the brake fully pressed and as usual expected the car to wait for upto 2 seconds but the Polo rolled back a LOT! I was terrified, but quickly jabbed at the throttle and the car moved ahead. This definitely was an instance of Hill Hold not working. I looked up the Owner's Manual and found the following extract :-

Hill Start Assistant function is automatically activated if the following conditions are met :-
  • The engine is running "smoothly."
  • All four wheels have good contact with the ground and the vehicle is not standing at an angle to the fall line.
  • Forward or Reverse gear engaged.

Hill Start Assist will be deactivated immediately if :-
  • If the driver door is open.
  • Engine not running smoothly or has an engine fault.
  • Engine switched off.
  • Gear selector in N.
  • Due to insufficient ground contact.
So I tried reproducing the situation a couple of times and the Polo was rolling back every single time. Then, I started checked if the car was locking and indeed it was. All of the locks were locked, and the car was honking and blinking once to suggest a proper lock signal.

Then, it was time for the ultimate test, VCDS! Again, no fault codes just as you'd expect in a brand new car. To double check, I headed to check all of the individual door locks through Measuring Blocks and everything was working correctly. Next, I headed over to ABS ESP (Bosch 9.0 Unit) and found the culprit in the Coding. Hill Hold was deactivated. Meaning, it was never enabled during the PDI process, which was really shocking to me. However, this happens to be my second instance of a VW PDI coding gone wrong. Enabling the Hill Hold, just solved all of the trouble. Just shows how essential the VCDS is to diagnose and fix small VAG issues in a jiffy! The car also picks up from an incline a lot more gracefully and predictably now.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-img_20201126_1601362.jpg
fluidicjoy is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 13:03   #43
BHPian

Re: Update : Problem with the Hill Hold Control : Now Solved!

Quote:

Then, it was time for the ultimate test, VCDS! Again, no fault codes just as you'd expect in a brand new car. To double check, I headed to check all of the individual door locks through Measuring Blocks and everything was working correctly. Next, I headed over to ABS ESP (Bosch 9.0 Unit) and found the culprit in the Coding. Hill Hold was deactivated. Meaning, it was never enabled during the PDI process, which was really shocking to me. However, this happens to be my second instance of a VW PDI coding gone wrong. Enabling the Hill Hold, just solved all of the trouble. Just shows how essential the VCDS is to diagnose and fix small VAG issues in a jiffy! The car also picks up from an incline a lot more gracefully and predictably now.
Attachment 2086977
Just wondering if this was not enabled since yours is a Highline+ AT.

Is VW enabling this in GT TSI only ?
Old 30th November 2020, 21:23   #44
BHPian

Update : Swaagat Service Kit and Polo 1.0 TSI Petrol Engine Stone Guard Fitment

If you've been following my thread, I already completed the 1 Month Swaagat Service a few weeks ago when the vehicle was delivered back to me after replacement of the windshield glass. I did not expect anything special from this 1 Month or 1000km checkup service, until I stumbled upon a snapshot of Volkswagen India's site which informed me that most users are receiving a Swaagat Service Welcome Kit, but sadly I did not receive anything other than my car after the Swaagat Service.

The Engine Guard Story
When my dad had a look inside the engine bay, he was quite surprised to see the open ground beneath since other Volkswagen cars we've driven have always come with an underbody protection, which has served us well over the years. I had been in touch with the parts manager Mr. Ashpak and Mr. Ganesh from BU Bhandari Wakad about the availability of an underbody stone guard for the Polo 1.0 TSI. So far, none of their customers had opted or had one fitted on their engines and so there was some doubt as to whether or not it would be compatible with the mounting points on the newer engine. Presently, the only protection that a Polo comes with is a Small flimsy plastic cover which sits exactly below the Drive Belt.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-vbelt-cover-polo.jpg

Finding the Sump Guard
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-polo-guard-etka.png
This is when ETKA came in handy and I searched all of the PR codes and found a few underbody guards listed on the part list, which were obviously not specific for the vehicle. On inspecting the PR numbers, I could confirm that the Petrol specification of the guard were common to the 1.2 TSI and 3 cylinder 04C 1.0 TSI engine and so I enquired about the individual costing of the Stone-Guard and it turned out to be a staggering Rs. 19000! This is when Mr. Ganesh informed me that the Stone Guard and Lock Carrier kit assembly is available for about Rs. 10000 and this definitely seemed better than the first option. Meanwhile, I started looking around and enquired with another contact Saral Trading who had offered a similar underbody guard to my friends at a very attractive cost of about Rs. 6000, all inclusive. However, my research told me that the Petrol and Diesel sump guards are different in design. The petrol variant has a scoop for the air intake and it also comes with a Thermal Insulating sheet and a cutout near the Down-pipe. And to further bolster the case, Saral Trading informed me that the only part he was offering was currently out of stock with no intimation of when it would be available next.

I also looked up the part number online and found many used stone guards in Russia and Poland at an attractive price of Rs. 2000 but shipping it here would have resulted in a price upward of Rs. 8000 and it would still not serve the purpose since it needs a lot of other mounting hardware to be installed on the chassis. So I dropped the idea of importing the stone guard and started considering the Volkswagen option of buying the entire kit at Rs. 10000. I was amidst my exams, but wanted to get this done as soon as possible and so I requested my advisor Mr. Chinmay and the parts division Mr. Ganesh to hold a part for me. I also made an appointment for today, the 30th of November to get this sorted out.

To be doubly sure about whether or not the part was the real thing, I made a quick trip to the dealership on the 28th of November, to actually inspect the part for myself. To my surprise, the dealership had about 5 packed pieces of a petrol engine stone guard and lock-carrier. We opened a packed piece and I inspected the parts first-hand. The guard itself was made of hard plastic and the entire assembly came with two mounting brackets and all of the mounting bolts needed for fitting the stone guard. The parts guy was still skeptical about whether or not the part would fit and also offered me advise as to why he believed I could do without the added protection. I told him that I would take a call after a discussion with my father. We decided to check if the guard would fit during the appointment.

PROs of an Engine Guard
  • Protection against minor stone hits, minor scraping.
  • Slight reduction in road noise.
  • Engine bay remains clean during monsoons.

CONs of an Engine Guard
  • Difficult to spot an engine oil, coolant leak due to the shielded underbody.
  • Slight addition in the weight of the vehicle.
  • Increases service time by 15-20 mins (To remove and refit the guard).
  • Plastic Guard does not provide bulletproof impact protection unlike a Solid Metal Guard offered on Jettas etc.

My father called the shots and asked me to get the guard fitted subject to feasibility.

Appointment at the Dealership
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-polobub.jpg
I reached the dealership at 9:30 AM sharp and was pleased to see a beautiful white GTI in front of me. Luckily, the lucky owner was right in front of me and we had a good time chatting about the beastly GTI! I have to say, I kept staring at the GTI wheel and was borderline jealous about the supremely comfortable seats with excellent under thigh support on the GTI.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-gti-bub.jpg

Volkswagen's New Platform for Car Inspection
Volkswagen seems to have implemented a new platform for documenting the vehicle exteriors and interiors and I received an email earlier this evening with a clear video of the interior and exterior of my vehicle. I was present during the shooting of the video but I thought it was only being collected for local storage to aid in body damage disputes. Good to see this move from the company!
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-vw-new-service-platformedit.jpg

Then my vehicle was driven into the Express Bay and a team of two technicians began surveying the mounting points on the chassis and as I expected, literally nothing was changed on the chassis. The chassis still had the good old mounting slots for fitting the brackets for the Stone Guard and the technicians started work immediately. This is what the 1.0 TSI engine and the Automatic Gearbox from AISIN look like at present from the bottom.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-polo-1.0-tsi-underbody.jpg
After the brackets were fitted onto the chassis, the technicians had to pass threaded holes into slots already present on the subframe. After this was done, the stone guard was simply tightened in place with the bolts included in the kit.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-1.0-tsi-stone-guard.jpg
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-stone-guard-shopfloor.jpg
Here's a closer look at the Petrol Stone Guard just before it was fitted on the vehicle. Notice the silver coloured thermal insulated region near the exhaust cut-out. Next it was time to wait for the bill, but it was fairly within spec considering the kit itself was about Rs. 10000. The dealership charged a modest labour amount for this work.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-stone-guard-billedit.jpg
I politely enquired about the Swaagat Care Kit and Mr. Chinmay and Mr. Sandesh, my advisor from the previous windshield repair, made the necessary provision within 5 minutes. The entire job was completed within 15 mins once the technicians started working on the car and the rest of the billing and road tests were wrapped up within 30 minutes. Overall, a very usual pleasant and professional experience with Mr. Chinmay and BU Bhandari Volkswagen.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-seats-folded-carrier-box.jpg
It was time to test out the cargo capacity of the Polo and down went the seats and in went the huge cardboard box which now had a spare lock carrier to keep at home!
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-unnecessary-lockcarrier.jpg
I have also attached other photos of the Petrol Stone Guard Box and Carrier which has a detailed list and part numbers of all the mounting brackets and bolts needed to complete this job. Also ended up clicking some pictures of the Polo with the Underbody guard suitably installed.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-stone-guard-ground.jpg
Next up is the Swaagat Kit which includes a Shampoo and a Windshield Cleaner along with a Micro-Fibre Towel and a Sponge! A much needed kit for me since I wish to learn more about the nuances of car detailing at home!
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-swaagat-kit-overview.jpg
The Swaagat Kit comes in a Recycled Cardboard Box and is decently priced. Will let you know how good the chemicals included are after a short while.
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-swagat-kit-cardboard.jpg
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-swaagat-kit-pricing.jpg
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-parting-shot.jpg
A quick parting shot to end this thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-volkswagen-group-box.jpg  

Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-kit-contents.jpg  

Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-swaagat-kit-bottles-.jpg  

Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic-swaagat-kit-bottles-b.jpg  

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 30th November 2020 at 21:25.
fluidicjoy is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 09:12   #45
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Polo! I'm currently in the process of writing my ownership review for my 1.0 TSI MT, and wish it turns out half as good as yours!

Last edited by AJ18 : 1st December 2020 at 09:15.
AJ18 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed