Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2020, 10:36   #31
BANNED

Re: 2020 Hyundai Creta 1.5L Petrol SX IVT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Yokohama BlueEarth RV02 tyres.
Can you share your views on this tyre? I presume it is 215/60 R17?
Old 6th November 2020, 11:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As of now, I am unsure. I would like to drive on it a bit more before I say anything about these tyres. Generally speaking, as far as I know, these tyres have same rubber as AE50, just different tread patterns. RV02 used to be import only, but now-a-days they are made in India. I do not expect them to be much different to AE50 in terms of longevity. Quietness wise, they are decent. Let me drive a bit more them and then I will update
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 12:54   #33
BHPian

Many congratulations on a gleaming, dazzling and a dashing Creta. Wish you lakhs of miles and enjoy!.

Quote:
Brake failures bother me because of two reasons. First, it is the most essential safety feature in a car. It does not have to fail every time in every car. It just needs to fail once in one car to destroy a family (or many families).
Brakes failing once in one car- This apprehension is applicable for every car/bike/auto/truck etc manufactured all over the world. In other words, an accepted risk taken by all human beings while travelling in any mode of transport.
Old 6th November 2020, 16:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Note on NVH:

Since this is the most important parameter to me, I thought I will create a separate section for it. Trust me when I say that I spent all that money just for the NVH. I cannot stand noise and I was disappointed with the NVH performance of most Indian cars. Every time I travel to Europe, I envy their quiet cars. Even the European Volkswagen cars have superior silent cabins, forget about the Mercs and BMWs.

Out of all the cars that I have ridden in India, only the new Creta is almost European in its NVH performance. You can barely hear the engine noise inside the cabin while on the driver’s seat. So, you can definitely not hear the engine noise while on the rear seat. Wind noise is absent even at 90 kmph (I have not gone beyond 90 as of now). Tyre noise is minimal, but depends upon the road. On well laid tarmac, there is hardly any tyre noise. On uneven bumpy roads, tyre noise is audible, but not excessive. Traffic noise is also audible, but not excessive. I wish they had provided acoustic control glasses (but hey, Hyundai does not even provide illuminated window switches!). NVH wise, it is definitely superior to Kia Seltos HTX IVT.

Now when Jagjit Singh sings “Tum itna jo muskra rahi ho”, I am able to hear him and that is the reason I have a musrahat in my face too.
Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the new Creta.

I recently test drove the creta and I completely agree with you on its NVH. I was very pleasantly surprised and I think refinement is it's most valuable characteristic.
NT56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 18:03   #35
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. I seriously loved your writing style. Great humour.
The car in blue looks brilliant. Wishing you continued smiles.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 23:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your wishes. As far as Sonet pricing is concerned, if you look at feature list visa-vis Creta, you might be able to justify the the price. But, take a look at the new i20. Same turbo engine, same DCT gearbox, almost same feature list and 1.8 lakhs cheaper (Ex-showroom) than Sonet. So, does the price of Sonet look justified now? And tax structure is another matter altogether. As customers, we are being squeezed by corporates and as citizens, we are being squeezed by the government.
I get your point in some sense. Companies are definitely taking advantage of the new SUV craze that has gripped the Indian auto market.
I don't see any respite anytime soon, every segment of the auto market has become more expensive.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Many congratulations on a gleaming, dazzling and a dashing Creta. Wish you lakhs of miles and enjoy!.

Brakes failing once in one car- This apprehension is applicable for every car/bike/auto/truck etc manufactured all over the world. In other words, an accepted risk taken by all human beings while travelling in any mode of transport.
Thanks for your wishes. Regarding brake failure: there is the chance failure and there is the systemic failure.Only chance failure is applicable for every car/bike etc. My apprehension, expressed in my review, has nothing to do with chance failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the new Creta.

I recently test drove the creta and I completely agree with you on its NVH. I was very pleasantly surprised and I think refinement is it's most valuable characteristic.
Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Congratulations on the new car. I seriously loved your writing style. Great humour.
The car in blue looks brilliant. Wishing you continued smiles.
Thanks for your wishes and appreciation.
ashlil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 12:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your wishes. Regarding brake failure: there is the chance failure and there is the systemic failure.Only chance failure is applicable for every car/bike etc. My apprehension, expressed in my review, has nothing to do with chance failure.

Thanks for your wishes.

Thanks for your wishes and appreciation.
That is my thought too. It is uncomfortable having that sword hanging over my head. But nevertheless the NVH , ride comfort & fit & finish are what will probably steer me towards the Creta.
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:58   #39

Can the spare tyre well accommodate a 17 inch alloy/ steel wheel instead of the 16 inch stepney that originally comes along with the car? Or has Hyundai now started supplying a 17 inch spare wheel?
docinog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 02:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:

7) Fuel efficiency seems good
Congratulations for new car. Very detailed review

How is ride quality as compared to Kia Seltos ??
What is fuel consumption on highways and in city traffic ?
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 10:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
Congratulations for new car. Very detailed review

How is ride quality as compared to Kia Seltos ??
What is fuel consumption on highways and in city traffic ?
Thank you sagwal. Ride quality is much better than Kia Seltos. Handling is good too. Fuel efficiency on highways is about 17 km/l and in city traffic it is about 10 km/l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docinog View Post
Can the spare tyre well accommodate a 17 inch alloy/ steel wheel instead of the 16 inch stepney that originally comes along with the car? Or has Hyundai now started supplying a 17 inch spare wheel?
Yes. It can definitely accommodate a 17 inch wheel as it seems that the Creta SX and SX(O) variants are now coming with 17 inch spare wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
That is my thought too. It is uncomfortable having that sword hanging over my head. But nevertheless the NVH , ride comfort & fit & finish are what will probably steer me towards the Creta.
I know. So far I have absolutely no complaints about braking. The brakes have been behaving very nicely. NVH is what makes me smile every single time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have driven about 800 kms on the Yokohama BluEarth RV 02 tyres. I wanted to drive with different air pressure levels and in different conditions before expressing my views in this forum and now I am ready to express those. In one sentence: I am impressed. The dry grip is, of course, excellent (I have not had an occasion to test the wet grip). The noise level is also well controlled, though you need to maintain at least 33 PSI for good control of road noise. Comfort level is also impressive. My grading:
Dry Grip (32 PSI) = 9/10
Dry Grip (33 PSI) = 9/10
Dry Grip (34 PSI) = 8.5/10

Comfort (32 PSI) = 9/10
Comfort (33 PSI) = 9/10
Comfort (34 PSI) = 8/10

Silence (32 PSI) = 7.5/10
Silence (33 PSI) = 8.5/10
Silence (34 PSI) = 8.5/10 - 9/10
Based on the above observations, 33 PSI all around works very well for me. Hope, this helps.

Last edited by ashlil : 7th December 2020 at 10:21.
ashlil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 12:54   #42
BHPian

I have not posted in this thread for quite a long time now, but I have been driving (and enjoying every moment of it) my new Creta around. Below are some updates and a report on my first service.

Updates

So far the car has run 1570 kms including 5 highway runs each of about 200kms to and fro. I have enjoyed driving this car immensely. Some observations are as follows:
  • The brakes continue to function without any trouble whatsoever. Not once have they caused me to get frightened.
  • The car behaves quite predictably, within city or on highways.
  • The bluelink is mainly useless. They should have deleted this bluelink nonsense and provided illuminated windows buttons instead. The voice command feature is a complete gimmick. The speech recognition is server based, meaning the audio file is sent to a server via internet and the server does the voice to text conversion. This is sheer waste of time and resources. 50 commands recognition can be done on device without any problem since the language model will be quite small.
  • The steering wheel has too much play (which, I dislike), but it is a pleasure to hold. The driving ergonomics are so good that I look forward to driving the car every single time.
  • I never thought I will use cruise control, but I find myself increasingly using it on the highways.
  • I have tried engine braking on downhill with the pedal shifters. It works beautifully even though it is a CVT.
  • ECO mode has been my primary mode now. Never felt the necessity of even COMFORT, let alone SPORT. ECO mode was good enough for me overtaking other vehicles on the two-lane road. I disliked the SPORT mode. Even when you brake, the RPM of engine refuses to go below 2000, which results in a lot of unnecessary noise.
  • Traction modes SNOW, SAND etc are again gimmicks.
  • The Yokohama Bluearth tyres are lovely. I maintain a cold tyre pressure of 33 psi and they are quite silent. Everytime I press the accelerator with a bit of aggression, the tyres grip the road and then the vehicle shoots forward.
  • Found a nifty touch by Hyundai. If you have the Auto hold switched on and stop the vehicle by pressing the brake pedal fully, then the vehicle stops. Now suppose you open the door, the parking brake is turned on automatically, even with the gear lever in D. This is sweet and makes sure that the car never goes off without the driver.
  • On 28th of November, my car refused to start in the morning. The battery was drained. It was strange since the car was driven just two days back. Called up the Hyundai RSA and got the car jump started. Once it started, I checked if I had left any electrical thing running. But, all things were switched off. So suspected external leakage current. However, post that day, I never faced the battery drainage issue again. In any case made a mental note to get it checked up on the first service.
The auto hold light is green means auto hold is now active
2020 Hyundai Creta 1.5L Petrol SX IVT Review-trick1.jpg

See the driver door is now open and parking break is now automatically on. Neat! The gear is still in D.
2020 Hyundai Creta 1.5L Petrol SX IVT Review-trick2.jpg

First Service

I sent the car for the first service on 20th December 2020 with 1120 kms on the odometer. Given my bad prior experience with Modi Hyundai’s Showroom, my hopes from Modi Hyundai Service Center was not exactly skyhigh. But, I was pleasantly surprised by their professionalism. Here are my notes on the first service.
  • The did disinfect the car touch points and put seat cover and steering cover on arrival. I was promptly attended and I was explained what inspection they will carry out and I was asked if there are any problems with the car. I mentioned the battery drainage issue. The SA opined that it may be nothing, but assured me that he would look into it.
  • After an hour or so, the SA told me that there seems to be an external leakage current he asked me to pick up the car in the evening as they would need to diagnose the real problem by pulling out each fuse one by one. But, they were not able to find the issue till that evening.
  • I was asked to leave the car with them for few days so that they can consult Hyundai on the issue. Hyundai engineers were contacted using video calls. Apparently, any issue in a newly released model needs to be communicated to Hyundai and solved with Hyundai engineers on video call.
  • The issue was found to be nothing. You have to keep the multimeter connected for few minutes before the actual leakage current value shows up. The initial leakage value shown by the multimeter is too high and not the real value.
  • I was informed that the disinfecting procedure is chargeable and I would be bill Rs 240 for that. I told them that it should not be the case. It is part of normal service and I should not be billed for it. They promptly agreed and deleted the charge.
  • The cleaning of the car was excellent.
  • I was very happy with their service and I congratulated the service GM on running a (seemingly) professional outfit.
See the leakage current when the multimeter is connected initially. 0.54 is high.
2020 Hyundai Creta 1.5L Petrol SX IVT Review-current1.jpg
After few minutes the leakage current drops to 0.04, which is normal.
2020 Hyundai Creta 1.5L Petrol SX IVT Review-current2.jpg

Parting shot:
2020 Hyundai Creta 1.5L Petrol SX IVT Review-img_creta1.jpg

Last edited by ashlil : 24th January 2021 at 12:56.
ashlil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 19:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I have not posted in this thread for quite a long time now, but I have been driving (and enjoying every moment of it) my new Creta around. Below are some updates and a report on my first service.

Updates

So far the car has run 1570 kms including 5 highway runs each of about 200kms to and fro.
Can you please update on the mileage you are getting now that the car has settled down.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th April 2021 at 20:23. Reason: Typo.
Old 30th April 2021, 10:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Can you please update on the mileage you are getting now that the car has settled down.
The mileage is good. In city, I get 9 to 10KMPL and in highways, I get 17 to 18 KMPL. In the single lane ghat roads (such as majority of Kalyan - Shivneri route), the mileage reduces to 11 KMPL.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 10:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2) Zapcart 7D floor mats (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
3) I have ordered black seat covers from Hyundai. Will get it fitted when they arrive.
Could you please share feedback on the floor mats and seat covers? Did you place order for seat covers through the dealer or is there any online option?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks