Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2007, 12:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

The new palio stile ad. i like both : the car and the girl
Old 14th April 2007, 12:54   #62
BHPian

Any test drives of the new stile available online yet?
Old 14th April 2007, 15:13   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
The new palio stile ad. i like both : the car and the girl
I agree, awesome ad. Should do well for that atleast.
Old 14th April 2007, 21:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen,

Can anybody confirm if the new Stile is using the raised suspension from the Adventure.
Old 14th April 2007, 22:10   #65
BHPian

nice ad man,but i like this one more:
Old 14th April 2007, 22:14   #66
BHPian

There seem to be quite a few more with 1.2 @210 KMPH, 1.9 JTD at 190 KMPH. The exhaust sound is intoxicating, especially the modded one.
Old 15th April 2007, 01:51   #67
Senior - BHPian

That was an Superb Ad!

Check this one too:

Last edited by finneyp : 15th April 2007 at 01:55.
Old 16th April 2007, 00:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Cargo motors, the Tata-Fiat dealer in Ahmedabad says they wont have 1.6 on display. Only on order. How am I supposed to decide on my purchase?

It's really frustrating.

Last edited by ported_head : 19th April 2007 at 00:06.
devarshi84 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th April 2007, 00:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Cargo motors, the Tata-Fiat dealer in Ahmedabad says they wont have 1.6 on display. Only on order. How the *u** am I supposed to decide on my purchase?

It's really frustrating.
Same here in Kolkata... no test drives, u gotta buy the 1.6 on hearsay only!!! Take it or leave it...
Old 16th April 2007, 02:23   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Cargo motors, the Tata-Fiat dealer in Ahmedabad says they wont have 1.6 on display. Only on order. How the *u** am I supposed to decide on my purchase?

It's really frustrating.
Maybe Fiat wants you to believe that they are selling you a Ferrari 599 GTB and so you are bound to like it.It really is frustrating for a prospective Palio 1.6 buyer.How is a person suppose to buy a car even without test driving it? And even if you are hell bent on buying a Palio 1.6, you would have to settle for one of the two colours - black or red.Rubbish! I'm convinced,common sense never prevailed at Fiat India and it never will.Good luck Fiat,hope you achieve that sales target of 3000 units a year.
Old 16th April 2007, 02:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat upto their usual tricks again. Maybe you should save that money for a Mivec or Evo swap!

I hate this shiitty lackadaisical attitude that some salesmen possess. 'No saar, we can't show you, if you want to buy wonly then we will show you'. Aaaargh.
Old 16th April 2007, 09:45   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Fiat upto their usual tricks again. Maybe you should save that money for a Mivec or Evo swap!

I hate this shiitty lackadaisical attitude that some salesmen possess. 'No saar, we can't show you, if you want to buy wonly then we will show you'. Aaaargh.
The best part is if you are looking for the 1.6 they will more often than not tell you sir drive the 1.1L it's the same only more powerful.

Go to a skoda showroom in bangy ask for test drive of Laura, salesman will promptly tell you sir we have the octavia which is very similar only laura is little bigger and more powerful and costs 5L more.

The best was the hyundai guys. Went with a friend to test drive the Santro AT which he dint have. His reasoning "Sir drive the manual it's very similar only thing you dont have to change gears".
Old 16th April 2007, 21:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Palio Stile

The name says it all - "Stile" ...that the one thing that the new Palio is excellent at..the looks are great.

rest..well here goes...

I did not expect any earth shattering performance from the Stile...cos on paper there is only so much that a 1.1 57bhp car can do on a 900+ kg body. And it shows too...if you are a smooth driver and don't expect any thrills or seat of the pants acceleration the Palio Stile might just be the one you want. With five people and the AC it pulled quietly with no hiccups but the acceleration was nothing to write home about either. Compared to the earlier 1.2 i felt the midrange on the 1.2 was much better. Yes overtaking will be a slightly tedious process but I did not feel that dropping a gear improved the situation much either. Also the 1.2 felt more responsive.

Comfort
Average. One thing that I did notice was that while going over the expansion joints of a bridge the thud could be felt. It was a little too stiff for my liking.

Build
Not as solid as a Palio D that i sat in. However it's better than a lot of cars as well. Well, the earlier Palio proved that build alone does not sell cars.

Interiors
The silver insert on the dashboard just looks too cheap. Plastics are good though. One sticking point that I had was that my feet (Sz 10) got stuck between the carpet and the lower portion of the dashboard when I operated the clutch. Dunno if it was just my clumsy feet but i had the same problem when i test drove the 1.2.

In short there is not one single feature in the new Palio that is a drastic change/improvement over the old except for the loss of 100cc of engine. I feel that to establish the Palio, Fiat should have done much more, something along the lines of what Maruti did to open up the premium hatch segment with the Swift.

In its class i would compare it with the Santro and my opinion is that the Santro has it covered in all departments except the looks and build quality front.

drive on,
Shibu.
Old 16th April 2007, 21:35   #74
BHPian

Quote:

It's really frustrating.
same here in Trivandrum, the TATA motors here dont hav a 1.6 to display. Anybody seen the 1.6? does it look as hot as the old GTX? hav seen the 1.1 and I feel in the looks part, the old palios were better.
Old 18th April 2007, 14:21   #75
BHPian

Fiat Palio Looks

Hi,
Just had a look at Palio Stile, it was parked outside our office as part of compant road show, looked good. The famous and highly debated door thud is still there although the door felt lighter than the original palio.

Interiors looked refreshed from the earlier drab ones, clear headlights and taillights were another distinctive change.

Stile generated a lot of excitment and there was a crowd of among 15-20 who wanted to take a TD.

Just a small query, the rear seat looked very upright to me, has anyone else also observed it or is it just my perception.

Will undertake a TD soon and post my views.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks