Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 14:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Driven - Audi Q2! Unveiling & Review

The discounts are already rolling. Why on earth would they not start with this pricing from the get go.
Attached Images

AZ911 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 15:12   #17
BHPian

Wow they've slashed 7-8 lacs off the ex showroom price! They probably haven't sold any car. It's still expensive! Those reduced ex showroom prices should be its on road price lol!
nitrogary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 22:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
According to FADA data, Audi sold all of SIX cars last month . I know luxury used car dealers that move more premium metal:
6 cars in a month. This has to be the biggest joke for Audi.

I think we should have a thread, when will Audi India close its Indian operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
The discounts are already rolling. Why on earth would they not start with this pricing from the get go.
Q2 is T-Roc is Audi clothes.

Still expensive by 8 lakhs.

This car will go like VW Polo GTI. More discounts at the end of Fy20-21.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 08:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Mind you, it's even smaller than the TRoc by close to 2 inches! There are usually offers following, that are like, Ex showroom = OTR at one point of time. Sooner or later!
Old 21st January 2021, 10:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Audi Q2
BMW X1
Volvo XC40 comparison

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 17:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

This car will go like VW Polo GTI. More discounts at the end of Fy20-21.
Well, this does have the DQ380/1 IIRC, which should be a consideration of 2-3L over DQ200 of the TRoc. Add a bit more power and the snob value, the pricing is certainly in line as of TRoc.
Old 29th May 2021, 17:16   #22
BHPian

Now I might be the exception here after so much bashing of the car on this thread and the launch thread, thereafter it going the usual discounting way as many of the premium badgers go apart from the E class or probably the big SUV's that are commanding a waiting period.I bit probably the biggest bullet of my life in buying this car but took my time for its price to reach a level that was justified in my books, why I say justified is because price as my professors used to say back in MBA is a relative term.
Getting down to the story, well as a replacement for my Polo GT TSI, I had tested almost all possible cars from the 10-30 lacs category whereby I had a flexible budget but my requirements were not rigid, mainly being:
1. Not a Japanese car as I find them too boring and appliance like.
2. Definitely petrol because I'm a preacher of turbo petrols, living in NCR it's furthered.
3. Possibly an AWD with decent clearance for those long road trips with an added sense of security.
4. Not too big as I drive on narrow roads a lot and we have other cars at home so space is not a problem.
5. A badger if possible because my dad likes them.

Seeing the above, mainly the tiguan normal wheelbase would've perfectly met my requirements, but then an Audi at VW prices is too hard to resist, also my previous experience with my A4 has been pretty good. I had a long hard look at the VW T ROC as well but in front of the Q2 package it looked way too compromised plus the DQ200 was a real concern. So went ahead, bit the bullet and got home a quantum/nardo grey Q2 around 15 days back, yes it lacks some features in this trim but I knew what I was doing, had multiple test drives of the car before I finalised.

After driving it for 15 days and approximately 350km, lesser than my usual running, I would like to put across the following points regarding the Q2, with my small observations as I feel it's only after 6-12 months that you really come to know the car:
1. Really manageable size, my A4 was too long for the daily grind and too low.
2. The color is probably liked by many and is kind of rare for usual audiences
3. Engine is super flexible, super silent and an absolute stonker, power everywhere, just put your foot down and feel it, probably faster than my ex laura tsi too.
4. Ride is a bit firm, but if you've been in VAG cars, you will be comfortable immediately.
5. Virtual instrument cluster is an absolute peach, lots of details and keeps you engaged.
6. Quality of materials is great at all touch points, door pads are a disappointment.
7. DSG is fast and intuitive as always, this being my second car with it, DQ381 is heads and shoulders above the DQ200, more spread out ratios, lesser jerks.
8. Fuel efficiency for now seems fine, should do 12kmpl overall though I've seen 19kmpl already on open roads.
9. I haven't had a car yet with auto start stop but I hate it more than ever, make it a point to immediately switch it off as soon as I start the car.
10. The launch price was an absolute disaster by Audi India, the selling price right now is probably the cheapest among all badgers and makes it worth a look, I hope it does better than what it's doing
Will try and update as and when I do more kms on the car, it's a rare combination of petrol automatic and Quattro so I hope there will be some liking down the line. Will also try and post some pictures down the line
dhruvritzed is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 17:33   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
I bit probably the biggest bullet of my life in buying this car but took my time for its price to reach a level that was justified in my books,
9. I haven't had a car yet with auto start stop but I hate it more than ever, make it a point to immediately switch it off as soon as I start the car.
10. The launch price was an absolute disaster by Audi India, the selling price right now is probably the cheapest among all badgers and makes it worth a look, I hope it does better than what it's doing
Will try and update as and when I do more kms on the car, it's a rare combination of petrol automatic and Quattro so I hope there will be some liking down the line. Will also try and post some pictures down the line
Congrats on the car again!! The 2L TSI and AWD combination in a small chassis like this is unmatched in the market and well suited to your needs.

I'm sure the auto stop start can be disabled by VCDS, let us try it on the next meet.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 17:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Now I might be the exception here after so much bashing of the car on this thread and the launch thread, thereafter it going the usual discounting way as many of the premium badgers go apart from the E class or probably the big SUV's that are commanding a waiting period.I bit probably the biggest bullet of my life in buying this car but took my time for its price to reach a level that was justified in my books, why I say justified is because price as my professors used to say back in MBA is a relative term.
Getting down to the story, well as a replacement for my Polo GT TSI, I had tested almost all possible cars from the 10-30 lacs category whereby I had a flexible budget but my requirements were not rigid, mainly being:
1. Not a Japanese car as I find them too boring and appliance like.
2. Definitely petrol because I'm a preacher of turbo petrols, living in NCR it's furthered.
3. Possibly an AWD with decent clearance for those long road trips with an added sense of security.
4. Not too big as I drive on narrow roads a lot and we have other cars at home so space is not a problem.
5. A badger if possible because my dad likes them.

Seeing the above, mainly the tiguan normal wheelbase would've perfectly met my requirements, but then an Audi at VW prices is too hard to resist, also my previous experience with my A4 has been pretty good. I had a long hard look at the VW T ROC as well but in front of the Q2 package it looked way too compromised plus the DQ200 was a real concern. So went ahead, bit the bullet and got home a quantum/nardo grey Q2 around 15 days back, yes it lacks some features in this trim but I knew what I was doing, had multiple test drives of the car before I finalised.

After driving it for 15 days and approximately 350km, lesser than my usual running, I would like to put across the following points regarding the Q2, with my small observations as I feel it's only after 6-12 months that you really come to know the car:
1. Really manageable size, my A4 was too long for the daily grind and too low.
2. The color is probably liked by many and is kind of rare for usual audiences
3. Engine is super flexible, super silent and an absolute stonker, power everywhere, just put your foot down and feel it, probably faster than my ex laura tsi too.
4. Ride is a bit firm, but if you've been in VAG cars, you will be comfortable immediately.
5. Virtual instrument cluster is an absolute peach, lots of details and keeps you engaged.
6. Quality of materials is great at all touch points, door pads are a disappointment.
7. DSG is fast and intuitive as always, this being my second car with it, DQ381 is heads and shoulders above the DQ200, more spread out ratios, lesser jerks.
8. Fuel efficiency for now seems fine, should do 12kmpl overall though I've seen 19kmpl already on open roads.
Congratulations
laddz1121 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 18:04   #25
BANNED

Quote:
I bit probably the biggest bullet of my life in buying this car

Congrats man!

This thread reminds me of the Skoda Yeti thread. When the Yeti was launched, it was the same price as the XUV500, and everyone was laughing who will buy such a small car when they can have a much bigger car at the same price.
Same story for Jeep Compass, and now same for Audi Q2.

This country's weird fascination with size intrigues me.
turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Now I might be the exception here after so much bashing of the car on this thread and the launch thread
Congrats Man! If you don’t mind me asking what is the price you paid for the car and which variant did you get? I am in the market for a compact SUV and I am presently trying to get the best possible price for the Q2
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 00:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
Congrats Man! If you don’t mind me asking what is the price you paid for the car and which variant did you get? I am in the market for a compact SUV and I am presently trying to get the best possible price for the Q2
Hi, I was looking at the premium variant for around 34.5-35 on road Delhi when I found a 594km done car at Audi Gurgaon for a lot lesser and paid around 65k extra for extended warranty, so you should be looking at around 35 now in MH, as the prices I got were 2-3 months back. Though I would recommend going for the premium plus 2 if budget permits. My car is premium and color is quartz grey.

Last edited by dhruvritzed : 4th July 2021 at 00:47.
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 01:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I was looking at the premium variant for around 34.5-35 on road Delhi when I found a 594km done car at Audi Gurgaon for a lot lesser and paid around 65k extra for extended warranty, so you should be looking at around 35 now in MH, as the prices I got were 2-3 months back. Though I would recommend going for the premium plus 2 if budget permits. My car is premium and color is quartz grey.
Thanks man! I really like the quartz grey color too. But I have a very tight budget of 30L and I was looking for the Standard variant with Sunroof would have fit in well in that budget but all of them are sold out and I got a quote of 37L for the Premium Variant but that is out of budget right now. I am hoping during the festive season I can get a better price and I have asked the sales guy to keep me in loop if there is any demo vehicle that they want to sell.
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 07:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
Thanks man! I really like the quartz grey color too. But I have a very tight budget of 30L and I was looking for the Standard variant with Sunroof would have fit in well in that budget but all of them are sold out and I got a quote of 37L for the Premium Variant but that is out of budget right now. I am hoping during the festive season I can get a better price and I have asked the sales guy to keep me in loop if there is any demo vehicle that they want to sell.
As per the information I've got, the standard with sunroof variant was there, but only one car was available, I saw in some other post where you mentioned a budget of 35 lacs when talking about the GLA, would say that 35 is worth it honestly and a bit of haggling can get you there, do not expect the car to touch 30 lacs for new, a few lacs here or there won't matter once you drive the car.
P.S my dealer had another deal like mine but I don't think you'd be interested in an HR26 car.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 22:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
P.S my dealer had another deal like mine but I don't think you'd be interested in an HR26 car.
Hey, can you share the details of the dealer. I am trying to figure out a way if I can buy the car in a different city and register it in Bombay if I can save a few lakhs, I think it will be worth the hassle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks