Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:07   #16
BHPian

re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update

Congratulations! Super car. I had this in mind last year when I was out shopping for a car. Unfortunately, the diesel AT was way out of my budget and the petrol AT was just not fun. I ended up with the Hexa AT at the time.

Hyundai service and reliability cannot be beat. I have a Creta and it has run like a charm for the last 4 years. I have heard only good things about the Tucson! Enjoy.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:13   #17
BANNED

re: My Black 2020 Hyundai Tucson GLS Diesel AT | An Ownership Review | EDIT: 30,000 km update

Congratulations on the Tucson and wish you many many miles of ownership without any hiccups.

This is the one car from Hyundai's portfolio that makes me give a second look when I see it on the road. For what the car offers, I wish I could lay my hands on it before Hyundai decides to spoil the looks by adding funky lines, grilles, etc. Also, I feel the only car to get a proper analog instrument console without skipping on either the temperature or fuel gauges.

Even though I don't like AT's at all, this is the only exception in my list that I am ready to get but my Creta still feels new to be exchanged for the Tucson. I can't imagine how the car would look in the shade of White.

Can you please post an image of the headlight beam at night, both low and high beam? How good are they?

Please keep updating the thread regularly as you clock miles.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on your new car . The car does look stunning in that black shade.

There is something about the new Hyundai/Kia cars and black colour. The combination looks beautiful.

Wish you many happy and safe miles.
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:05   #19
BHPian

Congrats - most people upgrade step by step to more expensive cars. So it took me 14 years and 4 cars to go from a Santro Zing to a 20l Seltos, but you went straight from a Swift to a 30l full size SUV.

Couple of points you might wish to consider,

1) If you want to protect your car from the elements, bird poop and chipping during highway drives, PPF would be more expensive but better than Ceramic

2) Chennai is expecting some pretty crazy rains till the first week of Dec, so plan accordingly. More than the rains, the final approach stretch from Sriperambudur to Maduravoyal is like something out of Dante's circles of hell at this moment. Only saving grace is that the HUUUUUGE potholes on the highway have been patched out but the road is narrow, super congested and on an average day from 0900-0200 it would take 90 mins - 2 hours to cover this 45 min stretch. So plan your entry time accordingly. The window from 0200-0700 is ideal.
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 12:21   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You have an amazing writing style, man! Loved reading your review . Congratulations on the Tucson & wish you lots of road-trips with the crossover. It's one of my favourites. I recently spent a weekend with it and had put up a quick note here. Absolutely loved the engine + gearbox behaviour, Hyundai has leapt past the Japanese and is scarily close to the Europeans. Even otherwise, the Tucson is such an all-rounder. Only two things working against it are the boring / dated interiors IMHO, and the fact that we can already see the next-gen car abroad.

Please invite your wife to register on the forum and PM me her username once she fills in all the details. A sensible car girl like her needs to be part of our tribe!
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:51   #21
BHPian

Beautiful car and beautiful review. I love cars at this price point — they're mechanically top-notch and you get most features and luxury without having to pay the brand premium of the German trio.

Wish you many years of happy motoring.
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai starts getting serous about cars from the Tucson upwards. This is big car territory and one in which they want to equal the biggies in every area.

If you look at the engine, gearbox, suspension, handling etc it would be very difficult to find this car lacking in any area when compared with the competition.

In comparison the Creta, Verna, Nios etc are predominantly meant for the third world and the lack of quality on the internals (brake failure, fuel pump, DCT etc) bear testimony to Hyundai's thinking. You will never find a Tucson having a brake issue or a cracked fuel pump. This is also part of the reason Hyundai brings in the Tucson as a CKD.

The service is still a bit of a hit and miss though as most of their technicians aren't too familiar with the car but then rarely are there problems.

Hyundai doesn't follow their usual rule book with this one - it's not VFM nor is it full of gadgets and gimmicks like the ones below it. As long as you're willing to fork out the money they ask, you wouldn't have any of the usual Hyundai problems. There can't be - Hyundai doesn't give this one away cheap.

Good choice. Wishing you many miles of happy motoring!
AMG Power is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:55   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase and wish you many miles of happiness and stress free ownership.
In the price range, this has got to be the easiest to maintain with the huge service network Hyundai offers. Also, I don't think any other company offers free services, it's a nice touch.
The only issue I have with the Tuscon is that the Creta offers more features at a much lower price range.
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:14   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase, SUVs looks total badass in black. Also full marks to Hyundai, this is a global product and it shows. I spent little time with old gen few years back and was very impressed with the engine. The car seems fairly loaded as well.

P.S. Please get some kind of paint protection treatment done as the black will be the worst color to maintain after 5 years (coming from personal experience). Invest some time and money now and you will realise it later in the ownership ( hoping you will keep this car for long looking at Swift)

Last edited by turbowhistle : 23rd November 2020 at 15:15. Reason: Typo
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:21   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on this wonderful car, this was on top of my list when i was looking for a replacement for my Cruze back in 2016-2017, i didn't want to go for the Creta as it felt like a clear step down from the Cruze and was eagerly waiting for the pricing of Tucson, i already loved the styling, the entire package, everything, i had test driven the Creta Diesel by that point and was very satisfied with it and the Tucson with its bigger and more powerful Diesel engine was only going to be better.

I was willing to spend around 20 lakhs (for a mid Diesel Manual variant), Creta costed 14.4 lakhs on road then for the SX CRDi and Elantra was about 2-3 lakhs more than that, the day the pricing was announced for Tucson, it was a nail in coffin of this car for me, with a heavy heart i had to go with the Creta!
Maybe someday will get the next generation maybe, provided they price it well, pricing it near to Compass/ Harrier is fair i think.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 23rd November 2020 at 15:26.
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:30   #26
BHPian

Very good review and agree with GTO, your style of writing is very good. Wish you many happy miles with it.

Tucson is a very good car and value for money for the features it offers. I am in the look-out for a new car and if not for owning Hyundai's for past ~12 years, I would have bought this. Looking to buy an German this time around
pk1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:53   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase! The Tucson is an amazing car and I wonder why I see it in such low numbers. In my opinion, it gives the Europeans a tough fight. Only the high price tag and a design that screams ‘OLD’ from all directions is its downside. I really loved reading your review too like GTO and others. Wishing you millions of happy miles with your new black beauty.
Old 23rd November 2020, 16:52   #28
BHPian

Great choice of wheels and color. It's gives a certain exclusivity as we don't we see Tuscons on road. Its a rare find.

I only wish if hyundai had not given it a step motherly treatment and come with all bells and whistles bringing in the latest version. I feel its expensive for what it offers but again you got a brilliant machine

How is ground clearance of the car?

Wish you many more happy miles munching
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:53   #29
BHPian

Great details and happy to see the people in the rear seat comfortable.

Wishing you happy miles ahead.
Old 23rd November 2020, 18:32   #30
BHPian

These are still CKD's right? The showroom people said that both tucson & elantra are made in India now and not CKD's anymore. I think they were just trying to sell the car as MII.

The review is great and one thing is for sure my Compass is quite a bit smaller than a tucson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks